AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-29, 00:57   Link #261
Daysun22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Eusth on BT. The project page has a status bar that indicates volume 7 is almost completely translated, though there might be an additional editing phase that could take a while.
Oh, didn't notice, thanks! I'll have to wait for it to be edited, I presume? So that means about another week. Ohwell, better than nothing. Thanks to whoever is working on it
Old 2015-07-01, 01:54   Link #262
clarkken228

On BT, the translation is already done. Just editing left. The storm is coming soon, brace yourselves!!!
Old 2015-07-27, 12:53   Link #263
Trung-t-rung

Did anyone finish it yet ?
The only thing I can say is "What a ride!", I'm not sure how I can express my impression about the volume. Shit, my mind is still in an emotional turmoil. Truly one of the best thing I've read. Also, Maria best girl. Kazuki best husbando.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 13:12   Link #264
MagnAvaloN

I love how this series is concluded; props to Eiji Mikage for finally putting an end to his masterpiece.

Now, to wait for his next work...
Old 2015-07-27, 13:33   Link #265
Utsuro no Hako

I didn't think anything would ever top Kingdom Royale for mental torture, but damn, Chapter 3 is fucking insane.

ETA: Okay, finished and wow. Of all the directions the final book could've taken, I was not expecting that. Bravo, Mikage-san. Bravo.

I'm kinda glad he says in the afterword that he's moving away from light novels. Even though it reduces the chances of an anime adaptation or translation, I think sticking to the LN market would be too big a constraint for him. More than any LN author other than Yuyuko Takemiya and Mizuki Nomura, I think he has what it takes to make it as a mainstream literary author, and I hope he makes it big.

Last edited by Utsuro no Hako; 2015-07-27 at 17:07.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 22:17   Link #266
dragon1412

Quote:
I didn't think anything would ever top Kingdom Royale for mental torture, but damn, Chapter 3 is fucking insane.

ETA: Okay, finished and wow. Of all the directions the final book could've taken, I was not expecting that. Bravo, Mikage-san. Bravo.

I'm kinda glad he says in the afterword that he's moving away from light novels. Even though it reduces the chances of an anime adaptation or translation, I think sticking to the LN market would be too big a constraint for him. More than any LN author other than Yuyuko Takemiya and Mizuki Nomura, I think he has what it takes to make it as a mainstream literary author, and I hope he makes it big.
well technically, he is only saying that he would be abstained LN for a while, after all, he still have other ongoing Ln series like Fランクの暴君 then again, he could stop altogether with them but seeing Maria have it's end then he should be back.

TBH, his writing style is more like traditional novel but his theme is more Ln based. But i still feel glad since it'd widen his view and skill.

EDIT: Frankly, Kazuki is too manly.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2015-07-28 at 00:20.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 23:52   Link #267
theshade1

There's one small thing I'm confused on, if someone can help me. Is the epilogue chronological? Cuz until it got to the end part (Maria) it was chronological. "Kazuki" takes place in Oct, while "Maria" takes place in Sept. This esp doesn't make sense cuz I think he talks in the last part. Could be an error??
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 00:43   Link #268
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
TBH, his writing style is more like traditional novel but his theme is more Ln based. But i still feel glad since it'd widen his view and skill.
That's certainly true of HakoMari, and I'm guessing of F-Rank, but Kamisu Reina feels like a straight-up J-horror novel. I imagine that's the sort of thing he'll try for in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post
There's one small thing I'm confused on, if someone can help me. Is the epilogue chronological? Cuz until it got to the end part (Maria) it was chronological. "Kazuki" takes place in Oct, while "Maria" takes place in Sept. This esp doesn't make sense cuz I think he talks in the last part. Could be an error??
The Kazuki section covers a long time, so I think the Maria scene takes place a year later.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 01:26   Link #269
dragon1412

Quote:
That's certainly true of HakoMari, and I'm guessing of F-Rank, but Kamisu Reina feels like a straight-up J-horror novel. I imagine that's the sort of thing he'll try for in the future.

Tbh, Kamisu Reina doesn't impress me that much, while the story itself is not bad, i don't feel as connected to the character as Hakomari.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 01:34   Link #270
anonfr

ahhhh. I was really anxious about reading this, since the last couple volumes were a bit rough on my heart strings.

But, for me the final volume lived up to expectations. This series has been incredible.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 07:02   Link #271
gn_X00

I almost cry... the afterword perfectly address my worries lol. 2 years hiatus on publication, usually doesn't end well.

Even though I'm sad that another great series end, I'm kinda glad that I can read the cursed "The End" with beautiful ending
Old 2015-07-28, 12:25   Link #272
Shadow5YA

That was a perfect horror ending

Personally I think all the school life and anime/LN stuff kind of weighed the series down a bit. That bit where Yuuri talks about all the people she manipulated and Kazuki slowly going insane was funniest part of the whole novel

I actually couldn't care less that Kazuki and Maria ended together (because honestly, Maria technically did ruin Kazuki's life), but reading how insane they've become was a thrill.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 18:44   Link #273
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I actually couldn't care less that Kazuki and Maria ended together (because honestly, Maria technically did ruin Kazuki's life), but reading how insane they've become was a thrill.
yeah I got to agree with this.

I wanted my mogiXkazuki, but things had gone too far for that to even remotely happen anymore

anyways yes, that was an excellent read and I will deeply miss this series. one of the more unique LN, or even literature, that you can find. its not often you find a protagonist who's actually developed to go more twisted as the story goes.

then of course, the whole story premise where you have your characters "experiencing" death multiple times(except in vol 2, which is probably why its the least liked).

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 06:14   Link #274
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Anyone knows were I could find vol 6 summary? I'm a really slow reader and I want to start vol 7 as soon as possible, but I'm not sure if I remember everything and re-reading vol 6 would take too much time from me.
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 13:37   Link #275
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumeNoMonogatari View Post
Anyone knows were I could find vol 6 summary? I'm a really slow reader and I want to start vol 7 as soon as possible, but I'm not sure if I remember everything and re-reading vol 6 would take too much time from me.
If you read vol 6, then the important parts will come back to you.

but you don't entirely need to read the whole volume. The main thing you need to read is the epilogue, since vol. 7 mostly deals with just the aftermath of that.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 05:07   Link #276
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

^ Alright, thanks
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 22:26   Link #277
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Did anyone finish it yet ?
The only thing I can say is "What a ride!", I'm not sure how I can express my impression about the volume. Shit, my mind is still in an emotional turmoil. Truly one of the best thing I've read. Also, Maria best girl. Kazuki best husbando.
My thoughts exactly.... haven't felt this emptiness in a very long time.

Maria x Kazuki definitely my new OTP.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-08-09, 19:33   Link #278
Daysun22

That was amazing. Just finished Volume 7, although I will not lie, it was exhausting. So many "repeats" like the first Volume. Also, the ending got surprisingly dark until the very last pages, where it actually got a bit corny/romantic, but all in a good way. It was fantastic and I wouldn't mind an adaptation by Shaft or something.

I'd give it a 10/10 if it hadn't gotten so repetitive at points, it was legit tiring to go on. But man, was it rewarding

Here's the OP by the author's band BTW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRqEgjUW4Mc
Old 2016-01-29, 13:32   Link #279
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

Apparently, someone leaked MW Bunko's release schedule for March, and with it the tentative title and release date for Mikage's new novel:

Quote:
メディアワークス文庫
3/25発売
●恋する殺人オーディション(仮) 【著:御影瑛路/絵:】
It's called "Koi suru Satsujin Audition" and is going to be released on March 25 under the MW Bunko label.

(Source: google the name and refer to this tweet)

Last edited by EusthEnoptEron; 2016-01-29 at 13:56.
EusthEnoptEron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 02:45   Link #280
Endless_Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by EusthEnoptEron View Post
Apparently, someone leaked MW Bunko's release schedule for March, and with it the tentative title and release date for Mikage's new novel:

It's called "Koi suru Satsujin Audition" and is going to be released on March 25 under the MW Bunko label.

(Source: google the name and refer to this tweet)
Uhm, good to hear he's writing another novel

Last edited by Endless_Paradox; 2016-08-27 at 04:40.
Endless_Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen