AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 00:00   Link #2861
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

Already upped on danbooru
I wonder, though, if Shu is man enough to take the heat.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 00:12   Link #2862
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"You have no tact"

-- Really, Shu?

Weird, I find the fanservice episode more subdued, less insulting, and genuinely more interesting. Inori's bikini is actually more respectable than what she really wears. And honestly, there's actually less fanservice here then in a lot of eps; quality over quantity.

It was a light hearted episode, but I think it's better this way. I never liked it too much when it got too heavy handed, and we actually have some mild character building for Shu. However, his attitude towards Inori is still frustrating "Inori is my".... ugh, Inori won't be your anything if you keep that up. On the other hand we actually got an honest moment out of him and his friends. And who knew it; you can deal things by being outright.

Hare is a bit off, but actually more interesting personality than a lot of them. In fact, I demand Triple R retract his statement about comparing her to Kazumi, because she seems to take an active role and not emo. Honestly, that's really good for a side character, and it's unfortunate enough she's after Shu. (Go after Inori for some Yuri obv) But yea, that gif from theeroking is something that qualifies as "good fanservice" (places it with Tsugumi buttbump)

It's also unfortunate we don't have much Tsugumi fanservice; it's kinda fun to see someone do the part without showing too much. I also saw it here with her best Kuroneko impression. (Though weirdly enough, she's Va'd by Kirino's VA, and Ayase is Va's by Kuroneko's VA :S)

There were only 2 parts I really didn't like. The opening with Haruka.... well, real mother or not, that's just creepy. The bath scene was kinda eh; I'm just not into molesting people.

I did laugh at them trolling Shu, but he was kind of a jerk for pulling stuff out of people like that.

And the series actually embraces some continuity. Someone seems to want to sex Gai now. Plot exists at the end!

7 + 0.5 Inori wearing proper clothes = 7.5/10, overall exceeding my admittingly somewhat low expectations.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 00:46   Link #2863
dark998

I just knew that freaking Souta was going to make a move on Inori, but Shu's reaction was priceless:

"It's ok to leave them alone"
"Inori-chan, I want to know more about you"
"NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE, Inori is my-"

Doing it in front of Inori really scored him some good points with her. All Shu needs to do now is follow Oogumo's advice to score big time with that beauty.

On other things, swimsuit service was low but good (Hare got the best part), bath scene was short but good (Inori got the best part here) and suddenly more story development: Keido Shinchiro, Ouma Kurosu, the mysterious rock in the container...all the pieces are slowly falling into place.

Oh, and the very last scene with the void theme ballad version was nice.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 01:06   Link #2864
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
suddenly more story development: Keido Shinchiro, Ouma Kurosu...
Ouma Kurosu....LOLZ, Juts realized on your post Kurosu = "kill"

And Keido was mentioned last episode too.
Old 2011-12-02, 02:05   Link #2865
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 02:38   Link #2866
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Just ...wow. Before many are angry how GC is. Now those same people think it's getting better. In contrast, those who liked GC before now thinks it's getting boring....
Lol. Yes, well, I didn't find this ep boring, exactly, but I didn't find it as fascinating as most of what went before. I checked who wrote the ep, and it was Haganeya Jin 鋼屋ジン, who is a novelist and writer for Nitro Plus and who, according to Japanese Wikipedia, has never written for anime before.

The storyboard was by someone called 波連 Haren (or Namiren), which may, according to one site, be a pseudonym for Yamakan. The director was Fujiwara Yoshiyuki, who directed a couple of eps of Ao no Exorcist. None of these names are credited for previous episodes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 03:39   Link #2867
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah I kinda liked this episode as well. Not brilliant but it was sort of going in the right direction. The only problem I had was Keido being a dick and shooting his own soldier. What is it with GHQ higher ups and shooting their own soldiers? And then there's that psycho blood knight with his daddy issues...

Oh and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know, I just realised something. They could easily make that GHQ guy with the moustache turn out to be Shu's father or something lame like that.
Well I was close...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 05:50   Link #2868
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

The 'voids change as the relationship between the user and the owner of the void evolves' idea was actually implied/noted in the background materials, IIRC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I actually wonder if running the Daryl scene right before or right after (I forget) the weird scene with that blond girl is supposed to hint that they're actually related somehow. So Daryl's dad is like "you're not my son" and Daryl becomes a good guy.
Why are you assuming that there is a dichotomy?

For example, would you say that Gai is a good guy or a bad guy? Considering how he puts even innocent people's lives at risk in order to further his own ends with Funeral Parlor? We're obviously meant to be on Gai's side, but can you really say it's completely black and white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Ouma Kurosu....LOLZ, Juts realized on your post Kurosu = "kill"
Actually, 'kill' is "KOrosu" in Japanese...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:21   Link #2869
rakusukira

Quote:
Hold on guys, I think we forgot we talk about someone...

She wants to fuck.
i go for her hooking up with Gai! they have chemistry, IMO.. she might have been attracted to Gai because Gai somehow "saw" the real her hidden in that shell when in fact, Gai's abilities is to see Voids and somehow find a way to interpret them.. this is an interesting pairing.

man, when will Shu man up!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:47   Link #2870
endarion88

now i bet that in ep 5 inori lied to shu becose gai told her if they grow closer her void will change in who knows what and maibe she will be useless. but i still hope shu forget inori and goes for ayase, only this will change my complete opinion of the serie
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:05   Link #2871
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
That scene in episode 3 where Shu says Inori is like a 2d girl and his friends tells him to take that back comes to mind,still can't but think that odds are Inori isn't quite human.
Agreed. Honestly, if Inori is a "normal human", that'll make her overall characterization seem very wrong to me.

Quote:
Isn't that persona 4
Hey, at least Guilty Crown is diversifying its derivative portfolio.

It doesn't settle for Code Geass derivatives alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
"You have no tact"

-- Really, Shu?
Yeah, the irony of that was not lost on me, lol. But I think it reflects Shu's misconception that sounding polite = being polite (Souta generally doesn't make an effort to sound polite). In other words, Shu confuses being mealy-mouthed with being tactful, and the two are not one and the same (compare Shu with Mashiro-iro Symphony's Shingo, and this becomes abundantly clear).

I think that a significant chunk of Shu's character development will come down to him realizing that speaking frankly and honestly is better than patronizing people, and then him applying that to how he converses with others.

Quote:

Weird, I find the fanservice episode more subdued, less insulting, and genuinely more interesting.
I think that's because these episodes tend to double as character development ones, whereas the action-packed ones are mostly about "Rule of Cool" and being a bit ostentatious.

Quote:
Inori's bikini is actually more respectable than what she really wears.
lol

Quote:
And honestly, there's actually less fanservice here then in a lot of eps; quality over quantity.
I find that Guilty Crown's fanservice emphasizes quality over quantity in general, which is part of the reason why I like it much more than a lot of the fanservice that's out there.

Quote:
It was a light hearted episode, but I think it's better this way.
I think we needed at least a couple of episodes like that at this point in the anime.

Quote:
I never liked it too much when it got too heavy handed, and we actually have some mild character building for Shu. However, his attitude towards Inori is still frustrating "Inori is my".... ugh, Inori won't be your anything if you keep that up.
That would have annoyed me more except Ayase and others rightly called him out on it.

Quote:

Hare is a bit off, but actually more interesting personality than a lot of them. In fact, I demand Triple R retract his statement about comparing her to Kazumi, because she seems to take an active role and not emo.
lol Well, I was just saying that certain romantic conflicts in Guilty Crown remind me of certain romantic conflicts in Shakugan no Shana.

At a character-to-character level, I personally find Hare to be a better character than Kazumi (so far at least). So you don't have to worry about that.

Quote:
Honestly, that's really good for a side character, and it's unfortunate enough she's after Shu. (Go after Inori for some Yuri obv)
I completely agree.

Quote:
But yea, that gif from theeroking is something that qualifies as "good fanservice" (places it with Tsugumi buttbump)
Agreed. It also reminds me a lot of P.A. Work's Hanasaku Iroha work.

Quote:
There were only 2 parts I really didn't like. The opening with Haruka.... well, real mother or not, that's just creepy. The bath scene was kinda eh; I'm just not into molesting people.
Yeah, I'm with you here to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The only problem I had was Keido being a dick and shooting his own soldier. What is it with GHQ higher ups and shooting their own soldiers?
I admit that this is becoming a bit of a bad joke. Still, at least in this instance, the pragmatism of the killing in question is easier to see. Keido probably wanted it to look like a break-in by Funeral Parlor, and killing the guard/soldier helps to convey that impression. There may be another factor if the soldier peaceably letting Keido in meant he'd have to formally log it somewhere, and Keido may well not want such a log to be recorded.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-02 at 09:11.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:08   Link #2872
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Having been a fan of Gintama for so long and being used to Shinpachi's voice I found Shouta's "confession" scene pretty lolworthy

Give up on Inori already Shu, Hare is/has so much more
That scene did rather surprise me, I never thought Hare would be so willing

But yes, I agree that I would much rather see Shu and Hare as a pairing. Hare has more of a personality and has more desire...oh, and did I mention more of a body?
Old 2011-12-02, 08:22   Link #2873
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
But yes, I agree that I would much rather see Shu and Hare as a pairing. Hare has more of a personality and has more desire...oh, and did I mention more of a body?
Totally agree! Go for Hare SHU! she's the obvious choice

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-02 at 09:11.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:24   Link #2874
casval cehack

Quote:
Having been a fan of Gintama for so long and being used to Shinpachi's voice I found Shouta's "confession" scene pretty lolworthy

Give up on Inori already Shu, Hare is/has so much more
Apparently, Shu recalled this earlier scene with Hare when he was shouting "Inori is my...". Thus the abrupt confession.
Old 2011-12-02, 08:30   Link #2875
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was decent episode. Shu finally received some much needed character development. He ought to become a little less awkward over time. I hope his hear-to-heart conversation with his friend will help him understand he can't expect everybody to be perfect and handle him with kid gloves and that he himself is also very flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So I find it both funny, and a bit sad, that Shu and Souta are competing over the famous Egoist singer, when in my mind Hare is a much more well-rounded girl, particularly as a potential love interest.

I kind of have to wonder if this is Guilty Crown's way of saying to its own male viewers, "Stop obsessing over the 2D idols of the otaku world, and find real girls to have meaningful relationships with; real girls like the character Hare!" You could call it the anti-Keima campaign.

Hare is pretty normal, but for the right reasons: She's not excessively weird, she's reasonably assertive and responsive, she's friendly but willing to be critical if it's called for (back in Episode 1), she's pretty attractive, she's just an altogether solid friend and decent love interest for a Japanese guy her age. Well-balanced and well-rounded (and unlike Demi Soda, I don't find her chest area too well-rounded, but rather just about the perfect size ).

Man, if Hare was the female lead in this show, I can't help but think it would be a fair bit better, at least on the character drama side of things. I can get the appeal of the colorful idol singer heavily shrouded in mystery who happens to be a major part of a terrorist organization... for two or three episodes. But to go this long with her having so little personality makes it increasingly hard for me to care about her.
I couldn't agree more about Hare (including her breast size - those are perfect!). I really really REALLY wish they'd pull a Zegapain and have the sweet, endearing and most of all human childhood friend win over the exotic "perfect" girl who shows up out of nowhere (Misaki, unlike Inori, had emotions and a personality however, and was a very good character overall. I apologize to her fans for even comparing her to Inori, but hopefully you get my point). Unfortunately, I'm afraid there is about zero chance that will happen here. If it does, I will have to rethink my opinion of this show and I might even have to take it seriously again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Weird, I find the fanservice episode more subdued, less insulting, and genuinely more interesting. Inori's bikini is actually more respectable than what she really wears. And honestly, there's actually less fanservice here then in a lot of eps; quality over quantity.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't know why Shu was so dazed to see her in a swimsuit when she is wearing a much more revealing and inappropriate outfit half the time.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-02 at 09:13.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:33   Link #2876
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I couldn't agree more about Hare (including her breast size - those are perfect!). I really really REALLY wish they'd pull a Zegapain and have the sweet, endearing and most of all human childhood friend win over the exotic "perfect" girl who shows up out of nowhere (Misaki, unlike Inori, had emotions and a personality however, and was a very good character overall. I apologize to her fans for even comparing her to Inori, but hopefully you get my point). Unfortunately, I'm afraid there is about zero chance that will happen here. If it does, I will have to rethink my opinion of this show and I might even have to take it seriously again.
Hare is Shu's childhood friend?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 10:28   Link #2877
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

Actually, 'kill' is "KOrosu" in Japanese...
Sounds the same to me, meh... So what does "Kurosu" mean? I know "kuro"is "black"...
Old 2011-12-02, 11:14   Link #2878
justsomeguy

Kurosu = "Cross" ?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:19   Link #2879
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I admit that this is becoming a bit of a bad joke. Still, at least in this instance, the pragmatism of the killing in question is easier to see. Keido probably wanted it to look like a break-in by Funeral Parlor, and killing the guard/soldier helps to convey that impression. There may be another factor if the soldier peaceably letting Keido in meant he'd have to formally log it somewhere, and Keido may well not want such a log to be recorded.
I was thinking that, but then how did he know they were coming? And if he did, why didn't he set up an ambush and then take it whilst no one was looking? I suppose it depends on whatever the hell it is he took. Damn this mystery. It's more frustrating than it is compelling.

Also, totally agree about Hare. Inori has nothing on her.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:29   Link #2880
com_gwp

What's Persona doing in my Guilty Crown? Bonds with people changing the void power?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig