AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-02-06, 00:35   Link #2921
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

If Zenos really took scythe, that's interesting development.

I mean, looking back SAM is the only job class that doesn't mention specific aether control so it fit him as Garlean.
Now he can use magic, knowing him he will exploit it as far as he could so he can achieve the greatest battle he's looking for.
Old 2021-02-06, 00:49   Link #2922
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Ah yes, at last, the finale I've been wanting and waiting for so long.

And given it's long been my head canon that my character comes from the Cieldalaes, I can't imagine a better way for him to retire from adventuring for good than by having an island sanctuary to settle in. It's almost as though the crew read my mind.

Autumn of 2021, eh? Patch 5.5 will probably land in the middle of March, and the final patch usually lasts six months before an expansion is launched. So, I expect Endwalker will arrive some time in September?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 01:33   Link #2923
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Ah yes, at last, the finale I've been wanting and waiting for so long.

And given it's long been my head canon that my character comes from the Cieldalaes, I can't imagine a better way for him to retire from adventuring for good than by having an island sanctuary to settle in. It's almost as though the crew read my mind.

Autumn of 2021, eh? Patch 5.5 will probably land in the middle of March, and the final patch usually lasts six months before an expansion is launched. So, I expect Endwalker will arrive some time in September?
Patch 5.5 will apparently be April 13, because SE CEO let it slip.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 02:26   Link #2924
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Live Letter addressed:

Spoiler for :
Old 2021-02-06, 19:02   Link #2925
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Moon for final battle.
And while the music team will likely hit another home run, what came to mind here were two older tracks composed by the late great John Barry for one tale of a certain MI6 agent.

Quote:
YoshiP shirt have picture of movie about Sex Pistols...
While the ensuing speculation would be interesting... if on this or some future occasion the shirt turns out to be just a shirt, I'll be quite amused.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 21:26   Link #2926
Twi

Yoko Taro is on some next level stuff to shove that content into the new raid. Drakengard fans had something to chew on as well.
Old 2021-04-14, 04:25   Link #2927
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah this was one generally depressing patch.
Old 2021-04-14, 16:01   Link #2928
zibi88

Well many people complain that the new 3rd last nier raid is way to easy, they expected something harder. Other issue is the hair pieces that can be "sold on MB" so now you wont be able to get it becouse everyone is rolling Need just so they can try to sell it on MB. Some complain about splitting the gear looks on female/male variants on Scout/Aim/Strike sets. Like male wariants get a tactical vest/ camo pants/ tatered scarf and nightvision googles...while female variants gets a plain shirt/pants and a cape.

People think they gave something to fill the gap while they are totaly focused on next expansion. They even complain about the new trial beign easy and with 2totems its a 50round trial and people are done with it.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 16:38   Link #2929
Twi

Considering how many people I saw dying like lemmings during the raid and how hard the raidwides hit so if the healers aren't on point, I think they're just jaded on the difficulty. But Glamour gear has always been a hot topic.
Old 2021-04-14, 18:34   Link #2930
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Other issue is the hair pieces that can be "sold on MB" so now you wont be able to get it becouse everyone is rolling Need just so they can try to sell it on MB.
'Why,' I would wonder, 'has rolling on loot not been banished entirely from the MMO space?' One would think that instanced loot (see: Torchlight 2; Marvel Heroes) would have become the default some time ago...

Quote:
Some complain about splitting the gear looks on female/male variants on Scout/Aim/Strike sets.
I'd have to wonder about this too; it seems rather odd.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 20:13   Link #2931
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The new raid mechanics are actually easy if you played Nier Automata as a lot of the raid mechanics are based on the hacking minigame in Automata.
Old 2021-04-14, 22:14   Link #2932
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The new raid mechanics are actually easy if you played Nier Automata as a lot of the raid mechanics are based on the hacking minigame in Automata.
And if you haven't you get to learn via death. Whether it be by falling, puppeting, or being isekai'd.
Old 2021-04-14, 22:52   Link #2933
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

> Last Nier Raid being easy

I joined alliances where everyone is using ranged DPS except me (a SAM and, of course, tanks).
When the loots distributed, turned out all the loots are directed to me except for hair, minion and orchestrion which speaks a lot to why the run feels so fast, for a raid that only come out 48 hours before, "easy" indeed. Can't imagine what happened to gang with first time healer as well as curious melee DPS like me. Indicator come just a moment before impact, raidwide is a blast if healer not fast with bubble and heal; not difficult but definitely asking for attention.

I myself like this patch for its design TBH. Pagh'ltan is fun in similar way to Heroes Gauntlet, Diamond is tricky rather than being headache inducing enemy like Emerald and Paradigm Breach have better feels of you'll get used to the mechanic the more you visit it compare to Copied Factory and Puppet Bunker. The fact G-Warrior is now G-Savior is a plus. LOL.

For glamour ... well, what to expect, Nier glams are like that. While its disappointing if you think of the clothes combination, I think some people expecting too much (wanted Kaine, Zero glams which definitely Mogstation tier of glams) as if Copied Factory and Puppet Bunker haven't teach them anything. Let me be happy for Amaljaa glams that finally gave Striking Set that doesn't based on SAM and Fending Set that doesn't based on GNB and DRK.

Story? Werlyt conclusion is glorious; I expected Gundam Unicorn, get Evangelion instead, must be someone on writing staffs just watched 3.0 + 1.0
Paradigm Breach convinced me Yoko Taro have influence in Shadowbringers concept as WoL traveling to the First is basically WoL put end to Ending E brought by Emet.

Also, being Alphinaud friend is suffering, gotta be someone he looked up to not carrying that death flag.

Old 2021-05-13, 22:20   Link #2934
cyberdemon

Fan fest starts in a few hours. Any guesses on the other new area and job to expect?

A scythe wielded seems likely. Guessing they’ll use maiming armor. Garlemald and sharlayan seem likely too unless they hold off garlemald for after the zodiacs saga
Old 2021-05-14, 01:40   Link #2935
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yoshi-P is most likely going to wear some shirt or fashion accessory that very vaguely alludes to the new job.
Old 2021-05-14, 11:09   Link #2936
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So far Yoshi-P wore t-shirt with grim reaper picture so the new job being scythe-wielder is likely.
Probably with name of an already existing job as well given Sage has been in FF just that only XIV bold enough to change its weapon to funnels.

For Sharlayan, I'm pretty sure they will kept Sharlayan for 7.0.

5.2 to 5.5 is full of foreshadowing that Sharlayan is what awaits after Garlemald, with Meracydia on second place thanks to second half of 5.5
This is probably why writer team insists on Exarch and Estinien joining Scions despite Yoshi-P claims that Endwalker being the end of first saga. If Sharlayan influences became worse, technically only WoL, Thancred and them have real freedom to move around. Enough people for light party. LOL.

Old 2021-05-14, 17:19   Link #2937
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
So far Yoshi-P wore t-shirt with grim reaper picture so the new job being scythe-wielder is likely.
Probably with name of an already existing job as well given Sage has been in FF just that only XIV bold enough to change its weapon to funnels.

For Sharlayan, I'm pretty sure they will kept Sharlayan for 7.0.

5.2 to 5.5 is full of foreshadowing that Sharlayan is what awaits after Garlemald, with Meracydia on second place thanks to second half of 5.5
This is probably why writer team insists on Exarch and Estinien joining Scions despite Yoshi-P claims that Endwalker being the end of first saga. If Sharlayan influences became worse, technically only WoL, Thancred and them have real freedom to move around. Enough people for light party. LOL.

A scyth wielder or necromancy. Heck it could be both as a single class. A necromancer that wields a scyth

Edit: indeed a scyth job. Officially named reaper. Looks like a necromancer though

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2021-05-14 at 20:17.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 20:28   Link #2938
Twi

It is.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-05-14, 20:45   Link #2939
cyberdemon

That sharlayan eleven has to be alphinauds father

Thavnair is... colorful
Old 2021-05-14, 21:06   Link #2940
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have never been more proud to be a PLD main until today.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS! NOVEMBER 23, 2021

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2021-05-14 at 22:03.

Tags
mmorpg