Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-12, 00:02   Link #281
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Oh, damn, guess I should've looked better I skimmed too fast through the thread, sorry.
np, v2 will be coming up pretty soon. Almost done encoding it. Gotta check it and then distribute to seeders again.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 00:37   Link #282
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Too bad her personality sucks and I want to rip her apart...
Ohhhhhh I like the sound of that. Not the rip her apart thing, but the personality (if it's the kind I think it is).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 00:46   Link #283
Anachronism
Into Infinite Obscurity

I just watched the first episode of Dragonaut and as soon as I saw this scene I knew I had to make this:

Anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 03:11   Link #284
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Ok, v2 done and ready for everyone. *kicks Aegisub in the code*
Old 2007-10-12, 05:56   Link #285
Jaden

Is this anime for real? Couldn't stop laughing at the costumes... XD
Old 2007-10-12, 10:50   Link #286
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementSun View Post
I don't know why, but the dragons look like they were poorly animated/CGI. Also, I can't but help feel that this anime is very cliche...
yea, the dragon Toa looked like a plastic toy, I guess GONZO is really low on budget or their CG animation skills have severely degenerated.

The series is okay so far, but definitely nothing original. We have this kind of dragons/demons/aliens/whatever things getting attracted to humans kind of stories for a long time, Argento Soma, Infinite Ryvius, Reideen, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 2
Spoiler:
obviously all dragons who have resonated with a human master have a human form, which is kept by the resonance, and they have their own dragon form, which they uncontrollably turn into when they lost their resonance with their master.

Quote:

Kazuki= 100x worse than Suzaku. Just burn...
what are you talking about? there's zero similarity between Kazuki and Suzaku. Suzaku is a self-righteous killer, Kazuki is just completely obsessed. This is apparently a love triangle, Kazuki and Toa are both trying their hardest to get Jin's heart, with Kazuki being the more obsessive one
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 10:54   Link #287
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Toa is a dragon ! oh my oh my ..
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 11:05   Link #288
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Is it just me, or the show is progressing too quickly? I'm particularly baffled by Jin's attitude towards Toa... you just don't treat a mysterious girl who literally flied to save your life from a berserking monster like a regular friend the first time you have a chance to talk to her. I believe they tried to set up the triangle Kazuki/Jin/Toa too quickly by contrasting Kazuki and Jin's childhood stargazing scene with Jin and Toa's (which made little sense IMO). And that kiss was kind of overkill... I sincerely hope they give some sort of explanation to it in the future. Other than that, the rest was okay, though like some other people here I'm a bit puzzled by the lack of quality on the CG side.

Quote:
Hmm? I thought it was obvious from the word go. And I believe it's also pretty much evident that Toa had a hand at the space shuttle accident (which is probably going to be an important plot point).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 11:20   Link #289
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

My speculation is that dragons will develop certain feelings towards their masters that they resonate with. A more extreme version of love on first sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
I'd say it screams right from the start that Toa is the dragon that crashed Jin's father's shuttle. And it's a very old plot device of forgiving someone who has unintentionally committed a great sin in the past and then work together for the future. Right now it screams Agento Soma.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 11:41   Link #290
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Is it just me, or the show is progressing too quickly? I'm particularly baffled by Jin's attitude towards Toa... you just don't treat a mysterious girl who literally flied to save your life from a berserking monster like a regular friend the first time you have a chance to talk to her. I believe they tried to set up the triangle Kazuki/Jin/Toa too quickly by contrasting Kazuki and Jin's childhood stargazing scene with Jin and Toa's (which made little sense IMO). And that kiss was kind of overkill... I sincerely hope they give some sort of explanation to it in the future. Other than that, the rest was okay, though like some other people here I'm a bit puzzled by the lack of quality on the CG side.
Your right the relationship between Jin and Toa feels unatural the way they holded hands at the end of the first episode felt rather forced. Now she's kissing him in episode two um okay...

Don't know this series seems hovering around mediocrity for me. The scene between Kazuki and Jin at the bridge was rather dumb as hell. I'm giving it at least one more episode...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 11:51   Link #291
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
I'll give this series 2 more eps.
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 12:07   Link #292
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
It's likely that Jin just has a sense of ease and feeling towards her that pierces through a lot of the anguish that he's suffering. It's not uncommon for someone to have an attitude towards someone they connect to or like that's out of character with the rest of their actions. The most common thing you see with being lovestruck is restlessness and inability to focus. I bet Jin just feels a lot safer with Toa than anyone else. I don't think even he knows why. It also helps that she's pretty.

As for Toa, I'd agree with dreamless in concept. Gonna spoiler for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-12, 13:09   Link #293
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

This is the only series, besides Gundam 00, that has kept be rather interested so far. Night Wizards seem interesting... but I digress.

Anyway, does Toa's dragon form somehow resemble this certain Pokemon:

I don't know. It just came to my mind the moment I saw her transform.
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 14:49   Link #294
changeup

And despite this, Toa did save Jin's life... I mean, in the shuttle incident, where everyone else died...

This is a pretty cliche plot, but if they can make the process interesting, it is still worth my several hours of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
My speculation is that dragons will develop certain feelings towards their masters that they resonate with. A more extreme version of love on first sight

I'd say it screams right from the start that Toa is the dragon that crashed Jin's father's shuttle. And it's a very old plot device of forgiving someone who has unintentionally committed a great sin in the past and then work together for the future. Right now it screams Agento Soma.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 15:14   Link #295
UPR

Quote:
You are probably right. But I have to say that for Jin these past 2 years must have been the worst of his life. And he always said he felt alone, so when Toa comes it is like a breath of fresh air. Somebody that cares for him. So in turn he opens up quite easily.
Old 2007-10-12, 15:24   Link #296
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
You are probably right. But I have to say that for Jin these past 2 years must have been the worst of his life. And he always said he felt alone, so when Toa comes it is like a breath of fresh air. Somebody that cares for him. So in turn he opens up quite easily.
Yeah, that's another way of looking at it. She sees him as him rather than a tool or object to scoff at like the public and Dragonauts so far. Perhaps he doesn't feel like he has to put up his guard all the time around her?
Old 2007-10-12, 15:36   Link #297
Ultenth

So far not a fan of the weak CG dragons, story seems fairly run of the mill as well. We'll see how it goes, gonna give it 2 more ep's I think.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 15:55   Link #298
xaisen

the cg done on the dragons look more like plastic toys you would find at a toy shop
xaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 16:49   Link #299
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
what are you talking about? there's zero similarity between Kazuki and Suzaku. Suzaku is a self-righteous killer, Kazuki is just completely obsessed. This is apparently a love triangle, Kazuki and Toa are both trying their hardest to get Jin's heart, with Kazuki being the more obsessive one
Spoiler for Code Geass and Dragonaut:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 18:31   Link #300
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Yeah, that's another way of looking at it. She sees him as him rather than a tool or object to scoff at like the public and Dragonauts so far. Perhaps he doesn't feel like he has to put up his guard all the time around her?
Well, she did save his life and listened to him...which is much more than can be said for other people who refuse to interact with him, as if in fear he was cursed or some other gossipy rot. And maybe the invisible bond between the both of them (as I believe that, during his freefall, Jin underwent the same dragon-exchange thing Kazuki had with Gyo) tells him she's not someone to be worried about - like some kind of unconscious empathy.
Quote:
Spoiler for Code Geass and Dragonaut:
Spoiler for Suzaku's past and Code Geass events:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Have you ever witnessed anyone prevailing over the mighty, cheesy power of Pizza Hut? Nevah. C.C.>Toa. End of story.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
while Kazuki was desperately trying to keep Jin out of an even deeper mess. He knew the order to use weapons had been greenlit all the way and that, if need be, his teammates would comply and shoot, should Jin resist arrest or try to flee the premises. So, either he held Jin at gunpoint and spared him a fugitive's life or he let things in Fate's hands, crossed his fingers and hoped for the best. Yeah, maybe adding insult to an already injured buddy is not exactly the best way to show your solicitude but at least we should grant Kazuki that small point.

Which makes me wonder, though, how would an undecided, candid pussy like him grow into a rival, as suggested by the OP? Unless, of course, it's simply the traditional concept of two friends on two different sides but without bad feelings in between. Just two guys angsting over an untimely rift in their friendship.

EDIT: god**** lagging browser. Double posted by mistake.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-10-12 at 18:43.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi