AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-16, 05:55   Link #281
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

I just have a little question about the character sheets (Genji's, specifically).

Has there ever even been scene that Genji has (or would have) smiled?
Old 2009-05-16, 06:02   Link #282
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

He's kind to the other servants at times. So I imagine he would smile a bit with them on occasion. Maybe.

Last edited by lovelysan; 2009-05-16 at 18:14. Reason: I need to proofread my posts for grammar more often....
Old 2009-05-16, 06:15   Link #283
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I don't remember any scene where he was either angry or smiling. It's clearly odd he is portrayed here with more emotion than Nanjo. The doc probably had a different than usual face, while he was pleading for his life at the end of ep3 (we don't see anything due to the door), contrarily to Genji who had the same expression almost the entire game, including his deaths.

Edit: Oh yeah by the way, someone who's familiar with all of ep4, please spoil us, and tell us whether Genji ever smiled or went angry in the fourth episode? Don't go into details, just a yes or no should be enough to overcome my curiosity.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-16 at 07:18.
Old 2009-05-16, 07:13   Link #284
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I wonder if that was just as a preparatory sketch (just in case) or if they already have in mind a scene when Genji will smile.

Old 2009-05-16, 12:24   Link #285
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Kyrie Ushiromiya : Atsuko Tanaka
Nice! Badass Kyrie will surely sound really badass. Kyrie's design seems disappointing to me, she is like three times more manly looking than Kanon. But I better shut up because the characters often look very different in the anime itself than in hese designs, or so it seems to viewers lakkcng art sense like me.

Natsuhi and Eva quarreling will feel kind of weird considering their seiyuus also voice Youko and Sachiko from Marimite. I still think they should have been more original and not used Takano's seiyuu for Eva. I am curious to see (hear, actually) how Koshimizu Ami will voice a non-teen character.

Old 2009-05-16, 12:56   Link #286
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Okay... Kanon does look a little bit girly, but Kyrie does not look manlier then him. In color btw he seems not so..fabulous...as before*coughfagcough*

I'm not that sure about Takano's VA voicing Eva, cause Takano had a rather deep voice which I think is not so fitting for Eva. But well a good VA as more then one voice ranges
Old 2009-05-16, 13:03   Link #287
Marion
The Great Dine

Rosa is the probably the youngest of the 7 parents, so her voice shouldn't be like the others.

And Kanon is suppose to look like a bishounen :U~ Honestly I expected Takano's VA to be Eva - they have very similar personalities when you think about and I always imagined Eva would sound like Takano, considering how snarky both are. I'm sure that the range will be a little different, since Eva is older than Takano (Takano is probably in her 20's while Eva has to be at least be in her 40's)
Old 2009-05-16, 14:11   Link #288
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Rudolf - Koyama Rikiya

Aw yeah, the shootout with Belphegor in Ep3 is going to be so much cooler now Rudolf has Jack Bauer's dub actor.
Old 2009-05-16, 16:30   Link #289
Marion
The Great Dine

pft oh gosh.

Rudolph as Jack Bauer. So does that mean Kyrie is Nina or is she Chole :U? -shot-
Old 2009-05-16, 18:44   Link #290
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
And Kanon is suppose to look like a bishounen :U~ Honestly I expected Takano's VA to be Eva - they have very similar personalities when you think about and I always imagined Eva would sound like Takano, considering how snarky both are. I'm sure that the range will be a little different, since Eva is older than Takano (Takano is probably in her 20's while Eva has to be at least be in her 40's)
I have to agree on Miki Itou provided she won't play her exactly like Takano. I mean their personalities share several points and i can see their voices being similar however Takano had that kind of "false friend" personality, always trying to sound caring and affable even when pointing a gun with the intention to kill, while Eva, even so she still uses such sarcastic techniques against Natsuhi, she is a lot less subtle, with the clear intent of provoking her.

About Kanon yes he's supposed to be a bishonen but the "shota-kun" type. I don't know if you watch 07 ghost, because Teito Klein comes to mind, as opposed to the three Bishops (The kind type, the daredevil type, and the intellectual type) or Ayanami (The evil oojisama type).

Old 2009-05-16, 20:20   Link #291
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Edit: Oh yeah by the way, someone who's familiar with all of ep4, please spoil us, and tell us whether Genji ever smiled or went angry in the fourth episode? Don't go into details, just a yes or no should be enough to overcome my curiosity.
No.
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Since it was a question of yes or no, I suppose I should've written answer outside spoiler tag.

Last edited by Thisguy; 2009-05-16 at 21:11.
Old 2009-05-16, 20:24   Link #292
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for EP 4 unpatched:
Old 2009-05-17, 01:07   Link #293
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
pft oh gosh.

Rudolph as Jack Bauer. So does that mean Kyrie is Nina or is she Chole :U? -shot-
Kyrie's voice actor did Audrey Raines actually ;o

The only other crossover is Nanjou's did ex-president Noah Daniels.

Oh, and last connection I can find, Kinzou now shares his voice with John Locke from Lost. Aha.
Old 2009-05-17, 01:41   Link #294
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Kyrie's voice actor did Audrey Raines actually ;o

The only other crossover is Nanjou's did ex-president Noah Daniels.

Oh, and last connection I can find, Kinzou now shares his voice with John Locke from Lost. Aha.
oh lol Audrey Raines.

John Locke = Kinzo now? Well him and Kinzo do act a lot alike, except Locke believes the island is a being while Kinzo believes there is a witch on the island~
Old 2009-05-18, 12:26   Link #295
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Ergh, I hope they all look better animated. I'm still not a huge fan of the character designs and now that they're coloured.... D:

I'm a bit late, but I'm rather impressed with the rest of the cast, though I'm afraid I don't know much about the voices behind the rest of the servants.

The only big WTF for me was Amisuke as Rosa. I'm not a fan of when she uses a whispery voice, like Nodoka in Saki or Yukiko in Persona 4, yet a voice that's similar to the Spicy Wolf or even Kallen doesn't fit how I'd hear Rosa. Not to mention I'll probably end up thinking of Anemone from Eureka 7 whenever Rosa has those moments.

I would have preferred Miki Shin'ichiro for Rudo, but Koyama is still great. I mean, if the same guy can voice Kogarashi from Kamen no Maid Guy and Shinigami from Soul Eater....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I'm not that sure about Takano's VA voicing Eva, cause Takano had a rather deep voice which I think is not so fitting for Eva. But well a good VA as more then one voice ranges
I'm still rather peeved about them using voices from major characters from Higurashi, but Ito Miki is one of the veteran female seiyuu. Actually, looks like all the newly announced Ushiromiya members are veterans, minus Rosa/Koshimizu Ami.

And good seiyuu having "more than one voice" could be debatable, especially when I think someone like Horie Yui often sounds the same in nearly all her roles. If some of her characters didn't have that trademark verbal tic, I'd probably confuse them for one another. Though, I guess it doesn't help when a lot of her characters tend to be similar - either genkigenkigenki or some kind of moeblob. Hoping Maria can change that, but I'm still not liking those "Uu~" sounds she made from that Higurashi vs Umineko omake.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-18, 14:33   Link #296
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Nice! Badass Kyrie will surely sound really badass.
Indeed. Who better than to voice a badass woman then the woman who voiced Karura (Utawarerumono) and the Major (GitS)

Quote:
Actually, looks like all the newly announced Ushiromiya members are veterans, minus Rosa/Koshimizu Ami.
Koshimizu should qualify as a veteran. She's voiced alot of major roles now.
I'm looking forward to her.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-05-18, 15:52   Link #297
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Koshimizu should qualify as a veteran. She's voiced alot of major roles now.
I'm looking forward to her.
The only seiyuu around her age I would qualify as a veteran is Sawashiro Miyuki. I'm probably just queer.

I do consider Amisuke a very good actress considering her age, but there's something in my mind that's not letting her get to "veteran" level. She hasn't done anything real fun for me since I heard her as Anemone and Horo. Haven't been able to get past ep 2 of School Rumble and I've heard quite a few things about her performance in that. Perhaps her as Rosa is what will allow me to think of her as a veteran like how Kemeko DX! made me think better of Chiwa Saito.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-18, 21:22   Link #298
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yeah I guess there are different perceptions of veteran. Personally, I first saw knew her from her performance as Kallen (Code Geass) so that molds my opinion somewhat (making me bias).

One crazy B****
Old 2009-05-19, 04:36   Link #299
HigurashinoUmineko

Now I have some speculation but based on Natsuhi's previous roles:

Spoiler for Anime:
Old 2009-05-19, 07:01   Link #300
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After 3 months I've finally tracked down a copy of episode 4. Unlike what I thought, my friend's GF is actually in Tokyo right now and should be back by Thursday, so I'll be able to start playing by Friday.

That said, as someone who has actually never played Higurashi but watched it, I've decided not to read most of this thread so I won't be spoiled. However since this is the only other thread available, I was actually looking for some tips on how to go through the VN so that I won't miss out on any major details. I'm planning to finish it before the July release of the anime.
Closed Thread