AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-24, 13:33   Link #2981
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
So until Alto himself has given concrete evidence of his feeling (be it by confession, etc), we are not really sure that LT has ended.
I thought his feelings were made darn well clear, when he told Sheryl that he would be back, and that people shouldn't fly alone. But, that's just my opinion. That I would loathe to see proved wrong, but I believe Kawamori-san could try to pull off, anyway.

Old 2008-09-24, 13:37   Link #2982
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I thought his feelings were made darn well clear, when he told Sheryl that he would be back, and that people shouldn't fly alone. But, that's just my opinion. That I would loathe to see proved wrong, but I believe Kawamori-san could try to pull off, anyway.
I do think that too, but since a lot of people still guessing Alto's feeling (Especially from the opposite camp lol), I do think we need more reasonable confession rather than the "Flying Analogy". Let's just wait how Director-san would pull this off shall we?

Old 2008-09-24, 13:41   Link #2983
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Less than 24 hours to wait... again, what a bittersweet feeling...

Old 2008-09-24, 13:55   Link #2984
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
are you a sheryl's shipper? I am amazed that there still Sheryl's shippers that believe that the LT isn't over. I guess I understimated the effects of episode 23 rooftop conversation between Alto and Klan. Really, you do believe that there is still a LT going? that Alto still have romantic feelings for Ranka after all that has happened? Because that is the only way that Ranka has a chance.
Like I said, Alto already gave Sheryl an answer. And that it was an honest and true answer is clear to many of us, but not to some Ranka shippers. Sheryl's pride wouldn't give her that win neither until he can give her a proper answer, without other noise factors. That's what I want as well so that my queen can rule without any Ranka-centric subjects questioning her authority.

Edit because I don't want to double post: To OD--arguments made out of screenshots and facial expressions are weak. Don't ever hope to convince the other side of your point with faces. You see love, I see anger. You see sadness, I see love. It's futile. Use what was actually said because script writers spent their time on it for a reason. And because of that, you can't just clip out one scene or one word and claim to be the victor, without considering the whole story from everyone's perspective in its chronological order. We've made considerable debates on this part and would not like to repeat ourselves 22 hours before the finale. I would suggest you scroll back a few dozen pages and go from there.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:56   Link #2985
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Less than 24 hours to wait... again, what a bittersweet feeling...
Yes, can't help but to feel anxious.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-24, 14:00   Link #2986
BleachOD
Banned

Er so what if it has typos? You understand it just fine. They are examples of behavior and the development of character relationships Or lack thereof~Sheryl
Most of that stuff I wrote weeks ago. So there's a lot of typos. (I do not get paid for this shit. It's hard enough to find time to do it)
However you understood everything else I said so far so why is there a failure to understand now? Whyare you all rude and angry? Personal attacks just means...

You have nothing intelligent to say<---that makes me laugh.
I can flame with the best of em but I would rather sink your ship. Which you don't realize I just did

I have lot more...However if you are just going to flame because that is the only thing you can say. It's no fun

@ Sleepy head. I won't reply. But can you stop answering me. Mixed signals kind of thing....

@ Moni You know I am braggart
Not being provocative, just saying whats on my mind. If I tell a person they can't answer it's because I noticed they couldn't answer. Especially when they flame, and make remarks about grammar instead of attacking my argument

This is too easy. If you paid attention to all the characters not just YOUR FAVORITE.

You will see why it was no-brain-er

I bet you all understand this one. I guess The TRUTH HURTS
Old 2008-09-24, 14:16   Link #2987
BleachOD
Banned

Shit ...I copied wrong post

Should read like

Quote:
UNLIKE WITH RANKA...He turns his head and clams up and asks "Why do you bring Ranka up"...
Except that one time with Sheryl, however his actions belied his words.<--lying to her as if he was a guilty boyfriend
Old 2008-09-24, 14:25   Link #2988
aneeshadc

@ Bleach OD
Before you try & invent more stuff, can you please refer to my long post on ....pg 138 under a spoiler tag, I think. I've addressed practically every point you've raised in your earlier post then. If you can counter that in a reasonable manner...........instead of pointlessly gloating.....* who am I kidding? *.....meh
Old 2008-09-24, 14:30   Link #2989
Joachim
et tu, brute?

what is that all about?

OD loves to hit people that flame him apparently not responding to the one that he/she can't counter.. ops :P
Old 2008-09-24, 14:35   Link #2990
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Failed at first sentence yet again, he was cleaning himself at the mirror because Bobby drew on his face and not just solely for Ranka. He also said that he went due to politeness ( implied because it would be rude to refuse). Obviously he went because he want to but it did not imply anything more than wanting/having to go beyond going to cheer a friend participating in a public contest. You need to stop putting thoughts in the characters head when it CLEARLY DID NOT SAY IT. So yeah thank you, come again.

Also I recommend you going back to see how your post got ripped up. The main reason why no one is bothering to answer you is because you can't answer our counter arguement. Why wasting our time picking on someone who can't fight back?
Old 2008-09-24, 14:36   Link #2991
magnuskn

Quote:
are you a sheryl's shipper? I am amazed that there still Sheryl's shippers that believe that the LT isn't over. I guess I understimated the effects of episode 23 rooftop conversation between Alto and Klan. Really, you do believe that there is still a LT going? that Alto still have romantic feelings for Ranka after all that has happened? Because that is the only way that Ranka has a chance.
Dude, I *totally* believe it is over. But I cannot totally discount the possibility of Kawamori choosing to troll us into oblivion tomorrow, by either giving us a WTF? Alto X Ranka ending, not curing Sheryl or leaving it unresolved.

I think all three of those are highly unlikely, because he´d endanger the financial revenues of the series this way, but I´ve seen enough WTF? endings in anime to not be completely sure.

But by all *normal* standards of storytelling, Alto X Ranka is *over*. This romance wouldn't fly anymore, even if I put 4000 volts through it. This romance is no more. It has ceased to be. It´s expired and gone to meet its maker. It´s a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If Ranka shippers wouldn´t be so blind, it'd be pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now history! It´s off the twig! It kicked the bucket, shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-ROMANCE!!
Old 2008-09-24, 14:37   Link #2992
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Okayyy....

@OD you misunderstand why people don't reply to your posts with anything "intelligent", its because replying to your tl;dr posts are insulting to our own intelligence and waste of time on our part.

Let me explain.

I'm not reprimanding you for using Bleach as a reference, but Macross IS NOT Bleach. Bleach is a manga hand drawn onto pages with panels with 2d pictures. You can get away with cutting out things here and there because you wont miss much, in Macross you can't. Everything, the music, words, scenes play an important role and tie into each other. We're talking about Shouji Kawamori here, the guy is a genius at subtleties... Kubo Tite has nothing on him. If you don't believe me, go check out each of their profiles and look at their works.

An example of SK's mastery of subtleties? Ever notice the cut to the Koi swimming gently beneath the water in Ep22? A lot of people missed that... including me until someone brought it up. The shot was not a coincidence misplaced.

To put things into better perspective... cutting out a piece of Bleach is akin to missing is a panel of a page. That as opposed to Macross, where cutting out a small piece is like losing several chapters. This is why when you deliberately cut out specific parts of a scene we /facepalm and reply to you, "Epic Fail".

After that we're on our way because we already know your horrible manipulative scene splicing ways.

Honestly, if you're going to troll the Sheryl fans, at least do a full write-up like Seifall. If you do that, maybe one day you might be able to make us think about it.

Side Note:
I'm surprised the mods haven't reprimanded you for calling out people like that, I've seen posts deleted, people banned for less.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-09-24 at 14:51.
Old 2008-09-24, 14:38   Link #2993
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Shipping wars never end -_- Especially not just because the series ended
i can't understand that mentality! I have been a shipper for many couples and won my good share and also lost. When I lose I accept the loss and don't think of my couple anymore. The only problem with bleachOD is that she doesn't realize that Ranka took herself out of the competition.
bleachOD has many good points, but they are pointless now. Alto has grown now fond of Sheryl. BleachOD even admits that Alto keeps his promises. regardless of how alto sees Sheryl, if she is not cured he will stay with her. Ranka's fans best chance for a RankaxAlto is for Sheryl to be cured.
Old 2008-09-24, 14:40   Link #2994
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
I'm surprised the mods haven't reprimanded you for calling out people like that, I've seen posts deleted, people banned for less.
Oh, she *was* banned for just that a while ago...
Old 2008-09-24, 14:47   Link #2995
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
i can't understand that mentality! I have been a shipper for many couples and won my good share and also lost. When I lose I accept the loss and don't think of my couple anymore. The only problem with bleachOD is that she doesn't realize that Ranka took herself out of the competition.
bleachOD has many good points, but they are pointless now. Alto has grown now fond of Sheryl. BleachOD even admits that Alto keeps his promises. regardless of how alto sees Sheryl, if she is not cured he will stay with her. Ranka's fans best chance for a RankaxAlto is for Sheryl to be cured.
Nah, their best chance is to hope Alto wakes up in ep 25 and it was all a dream.... -_-

But yeah, some people take shipping a tad too seriously. And then again, there are the trolls or people with the intelligence of trolls -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-09-24, 14:57   Link #2996
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
Depends. I'm saying it ended because of the actions after episode 21, or Alto's lack of actions, but maihikari has the more eloquent way of putting it which is more true. The triangle can't be decided because of pity and can't because Ranka is gone. Having one girl out of the running means forever the other side could just say they won by default. There has to be a real answer to end it. Sheryl would never be happy with winning because of a reason other then Alto making it clear he loved her more, as she is not happy now with how it is.
you have a good point there! All this is in sheryl head and she is not happy to have won by default. Sheryl wants Alto to bring Ranka back so he can decide(not the only reason though, she also wants Ranka to be safe).

Will people be satisfied that the LT is over if Ranka were to leave the planet with the Vajra as their new queen?
Old 2008-09-24, 15:03   Link #2997
Teletha

It can't be over because she left. If Alto made it clear to Ranka and then to Sheryl who he really loved, yes. Ranka doesn't have to be around for the LT to be solved. She's free to leave (please do so Ranka!).
Old 2008-09-24, 15:06   Link #2998
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
It can't be over because she left. If Alto made it clear to Ranka and then to Sheryl who he really loved, yes. Ranka doesn't have to be around for the LT to be solved. She's free to leave (please do so Ranka!).
what I mean is, Ranka leaving with the Vajra to stop further killing and Alto never being able to save her or talk to her. It is obvious that Sheryl probably have 5-10 more years, so they might not cure her at the end.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:28   Link #2999
Teletha

Quote:
what I mean is, Ranka leaving with the Vajra to stop further killing and Alto never being able to save her or talk to her. It is obvious that Sheryl probably have 5-10 more years, so they might not cure her at the end.
No. Closure is needed on both sides. Without that, I wouldn't be totally satisfied. I think they need to have their moment in the end, so they are both able to move forward. I can't imagine Alto and Ranka not talking in the last episode though. I think the main thing is that Alto has to make it clear that he loves Sheryl (or Ranka I suppose). If Sheryl dies and he goes with Ranka it's the same thing. It would just be something never quite resolved. He just has to make it clear who he loves more. It's pretty simple to me.

But even if there is no real closure, it's not as bad as it seems even if I wouldn't like it as much. Sheryl wouldn't want him to stay with her if he wanted to follow after Ranka anyway. So if Alto did stay with Sheryl it would be something he wanted to do. After 24 she wants his real answer..... which I think he'll give.
Old 2008-09-24, 16:35   Link #3000
golthin

You guys are being too hard on bleachOD. she brought many good points that I myself missed while I watched the show (I plan to give the show second watch after the last episode broadcast). What bleachOD fails to see is that even though Alto had romantics feelings for Ranka, after Ranka left, he now has developed STRONGERfeelings for sheryl.

some of the points that BleachOD brought were kind of missed by me. I didn't notice that annoyed face from sheryl during the hospital scene, when she started singing because Alto was paying too much attention to Ranka. I am going admit that until Ranka left she was ahead in the LT and sheryl knew this. That is probably why she still has misgivings about why Alto is with her.

what disreiled a possible Ranka win? two things, Sheryl's disease and Micheal's meddling.
If Micheal had not found about Sheryl's disease and had not tried to force Alto into choosing one of the girls, he could still be alive and the LT still ongoing. Micheal paid the ultimate price for his meddling. I also don't think micheal would have done what he did if he didn't know that Sheryl was sick.

Regardless of how Alto felt about Ranka, he will never let Sheryl alone. I know sheryl's fan will never accept that Ranka was ahead in the LT until she left, but denying that will be as unjust as denying that Alto is now 100% dedicated and in love with Sheryl. A person's feelings can change really fast and that is what has happened to Alto. Minmay was ahead for most of SDFM and we know she didn't win, because she made stupid choices.

IF the human heart didn't change, there wouldn't exist break up. Heck even people that love each other break up for other things beside love. Look at Cathy and Ozma, she was dating Leon after she broke up from Ozma. how do you go from a guy like Ozma to a guy like Leon

I know many won't agree with me, from either camp! Only 18 more hours to find out who is right and who is wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance