AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 15:37   Link #3061
msg

if you remember, minaka and takami discovered the "beings" in 1999.Currentl timeline of the manga took place in 2020..with minato being born in 2001.It actually make sense.The way i see it No #01 - #09 is almost the same age as minato..around 19 - 21.The age difference between Minato and the first nine is just being +1/-1.Theres no growth spurt or anything.
the only explaination of i can think of regarding time event when they start defending the island is that the event took place quite recently probably 1 or 2 years back of the current manga time.Not once they have to defend, but several times.6 times if i'm not mistaken.I'll give 1 or2 years of time span for the unknown army attacking the island.Thats where they have 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation of disciplinary squad.

i got theory for #00 and 01...i was thinking probably #01 is a direct clone of #00..or maybe some accident happens at that place.maybe takehito did something to her to produce #01.Who knows..

Have to agree with Zibi, if #00 is by default starting age is 18- 20 years, then she should be around 40 for the current timeline.That means she's a MILF..^
Old 2010-08-15, 15:50   Link #3062
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Have to agree with Zibi, if #00 is by default starting age is 18- 20 years, then she should be around 40 for the current timeline.That means she's a MILF..^
Careful there. She's more of an "older sister".
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 17:53   Link #3063
Ashaman

Quote:
The age difference between Minato and the first nine is just being +1/-1.Theres no growth spurt or anything.

the only explaination of i can think of regarding time event when they start defending the island is that the event took place quite recently probably 1 or 2 years back of the current manga time.Not once they have to defend, but several times.6 times if i'm not mistaken.I'll give 1 or2 years of time span for the unknown army attacking the island.Thats where they have 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation of disciplinary squad.
I could except this, except they specifically mention that Homura, the next in line, was still asleep during the first bttle, where the 1st gen disipline squad are all mature.

Plus, unless I'm mistaken, the reason Kazehana left the squad is because she was rejected by Minaka.

It was the second gen squad that saved Musubi when she was captured; she looked about 10 then.

Meaning that Kazehana had already left before the Musubi incident.

Musubi looks Minato's age now, so it must have been a growth spurt somewhere for someone.

The idea that 02-05 underwent accelerated growth is plausable, but even 06-12 look adult. So this theory states 02-05 were grown super quickly - three or four years, maybe. THen after this, the other are natural. So Homura should only be 18? But he's a host, and drinking age in Japan is 21. He looks oler than Minato too. The further back you push the inital growth of 02-05, the younger the rest become. The quicker the growth, the more unbelieveable.

Some Sekirei look teenage, but apart from 107 and 108, they look to be in their late teens. The next closest we have are 104 and 105, the 3rd gen dis. How old do you think they look?

17? 18? 19?

No, there is a huge growth spurt somewhere in the Sekirei's life cycle, like an accelerated puberty.

This may be natural or artificial. Its hard to say.

Some Sekirei stuff is natural (winging), but other abilities aren't as natural.
Old 2010-08-15, 19:16   Link #3064
Ryuujin

I think the accelerated growth might be MBI's doing, iirc it's implied or even stated outright that they modify the Sekirei in unspecified ways...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 19:32   Link #3065
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I got a feeling one day Minato wake up, Kusano's all grown up!

Like #04 and 08 with little Musubi.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 21:05   Link #3066
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Makes you wonder if there is an accelerated growth why whoever did it decided to make Kuu so young. And I doubt Shiina is that much older. Seems the bulk of the Sekirei are all the same age, at least 10-106. I wonder if Minaka can just pick an age for the eggs and boom theyre automatically aged to that number or if its progressive (like over years)? Really Kuu holds the answer to this, assuming we ever see her age.

I agree 02-05 are probably older then 06-09 just since they were used first as the D-Squad, if you look at them they even look a bit more "mature" then really 06-106.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 01:14   Link #3067
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Makes you wonder if there is an accelerated growth why whoever did it decided to make Kuu so young.
Maybe she escaped before the procedure could be completed.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 02:29   Link #3068
notme
団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe she escaped before the procedure could be completed.
Kuu didn't escape, but she also wasn't yet supposed to be released.

Mikogami wanted Kuu to be his Sekirei and attacked her while she was out with Takami (this is also how Takami got the scar on her eye). Kuu made the huge forest that Minato found her in as a defense against this attack.
notme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 04:13   Link #3069
msg

In response to Ashaman
hmmm...i will try to create a "timeline" - of what i think happen prior to the current events

1999 - MBI (minaka hiroto/sahashi takami) discovered the spaceship and sekiries.Researching and experimenting begin in secrecy with takehito asama as one of the brightest researcher of MBI.MBI here probably gain an "exclusive " rights" to do whatever they want on the island.They would probably said that since we discovered "it" in the first place and the island is not under any juridisction of any countries, we had the rights to claim and "own" it.This lead to a "disagreements" between countries and corporations later on.
2000/2001 - the "awakening" process begans starting with #00, then #01 - #09.Followed by the rest .In 2001 minato was born.After MBI have found out whatever they have found out about the "extra-terrestials" minaka began to draft the sekiei plan with takami.
2002 - Yukari was born.
2006 - Some of the first 9 sekiries is awakened as infants.Tuning and tweaking process began to stabilised their "mutant" powers.A nursery/haven/school for sekireis is created at various secret locations within MBI- -- see tsukiumi "guardian" arc.Probably the first nine sekireis is randomly relocated to various MBI locations for observation and research for the MBI scientists.No #10 - #108 is still sleeping in their cocoons and their growth rate is varied from one sekireis to another..Some are growing faster than the rest <see haihane #104> but they're still asleep.Probably gotta to do with MBI "tweakings" on them while they are still in cocoons.
2007 -2018 -During that period some of the sekireis have awoken (depending of their growth) and being relocated in various MBI locations for training and stabilisation.
2018 - The first disciplinary squad formed consisting of the first five sekeries brought together from various MBI locations and hideouts.The first wave of multi national army began to attack the island.After the third wave of attack, the first squad began to split apart leaving karasuba and miya as the only members left.After the fifth attack, Miya quit the squad forcing the MBI to use #08 yume to form with karasuba as a second disciplinary squad with Yume as the leader cuz of her power.No #06,07 and 09 is still unstable during that time.After the formation of the second squad, various organizations were plotting and attempting to kidnap some of the sekireis from the MBI.The second squad job is to retrieve and defend the sekireis and the MBI from them.
2019 - the sixth arms attack commences with Musubi of no #88 being kidnapped by an unknown forces.Yume and karasuba began to rescue Musubi.Musubi was critically injured and on the verge of death when she was rescued but Yume began to save her life by merging her body and soul to her.Thus the growth of Musubi body iaccelerated to synchronize with yume Body and soul.All of the sekireis have awoken including Kusano the last sekirei.Almost all of the sekiries are "stablised" and being freed to search for their ashikabi for completion.After yume incidents, the third disciplinary squad was formed.Homura volunteered to become the unwinged sekirei's guardian while still in MBI.The death of takehito Asama
2020 -...rest is history

to summarize -

For #10 - #108 Growth accelaration happens only when they are still inside the coccoons and the growth varies from one sekirei to another.Normal growth begins only once they are awake.
Musubi is older than she's look because of Yume.
Takehito's death is quite recent.
The reason Matsu not knowing some of the sekireis even though they're the same age is because they were relocated to different MBI's locations

Sorry i still think #01 - 09 has almost the same age as minato which is 19/20.No #10 -#108 is below 19 years of age and their age doesn't follow their numbering sequences
Miya even said that she's almost the same age as everyone else ( #02 - #09) here
Spoiler:

Just my 2cents.
Old 2010-08-16, 04:16   Link #3070
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If that your summary, I dont want to see your essay D:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 06:04   Link #3071
Ashaman

Quote:
In response to Ashaman

2000/2001 - the "awakening" process begans starting with #00, then #01 - #09.Followed by the rest .In 2001 minato was born.After MBI have found out whatever they have found out about the "extra-terrestials" minaka began to draft the sekiei plan with takami.
2006 - Some of the first 9 sekiries is awakened as infants.Tuning and tweaking process began to stabilised their "mutant" powers.A nursery/haven/school for sekireis is created at various secret locations within MBI- -- see tsukiumi "guardian" arc.Probably the first nine sekireis is randomly relocated to various MBI locations for observation and research for the MBI scientists.No #10 - #108 is still sleeping in their cocoons and their growth rate is varied from one sekireis to another..Some are growing faster than the rest <see haihane #104> but they're still asleep.Probably gotta to do with MBI "tweakings" on them while they are still in cocoons.
2007 -2018 -During that period some of the sekireis have awoken (depending of their growth) and being relocated in various MBI locations for training and stabilisation.
2018 - The first disciplinary squad formed consisting of the first five sekeries brought together from various MBI locations and hideouts.The first wave of multi national army began to attack the island.After the third wave of attack, the first squad began to split apart leaving karasuba and miya as the only members left.After the fifth attack, Miya quit the squad forcing the MBI to use #08 yume to form with karasuba as a second disciplinary squad with Yume as the leader cuz of her power.No #06,07 and 09 is still unstable during that time.After the formation of the second squad, various organizations were plotting and attempting to kidnap some of the sekireis from the MBI.The second squad job is to retrieve and defend the sekireis and the MBI from them.
2019 - the sixth arms attack commences with Musubi of no #88 being kidnapped by an unknown forces.Yume and karasuba began to rescue Musubi.Musubi was critically injured and on the verge of death when she was rescued but Yume began to save her life by merging her body and soul to her.Thus the growth of Musubi body iaccelerated to synchronize with yume Body and soul.All of the sekireis have awoken including Kusano the last sekirei.Almost all of the sekiries are "stablised" and being freed to search for their ashikabi for completion.After yume incidents, the third disciplinary squad was formed.Homura volunteered to become the unwinged sekirei's guardian while still in MBI.The death of takehito Asama
2020 -...rest is history

to summarize -

For #10 - #108 Growth accelaration happens only when they are still inside the coccoons and the growth varies from one sekirei to another.Normal growth begins only once they are awake.
Musubi is older than she's look because of Yume.
Takehito's death is quite recent.
The reason Matsu not knowing some of the sekireis even though they're the same age is because they were relocated to different MBI's locations

Sorry i still think #01 - 09 has almost the same age as minato which is 19/20.No #10 -#108 is below 19 years of age and their age doesn't follow their numbering sequences
Miya even said that she's almost the same age as everyone else ( #02 - #09) here
Spoiler:

Just my 2cents.
You're not listening. It was stated that Homura, and most likely the rest, were still asleep in the ship during the battle.

This invalidates a good portion of you're argument that 06-09 were moved, as well as the others.

I can accept that the others' growth occured early on, but I doubt it was in the cacoon. And even if it was, this just means that they slept for a number of years. Therefore, though their body is the right age, they've spent only so much (16-17) awake and moving.

The idea Musubi had her growth Accelerated due to Yume is an interesting one. But what about Kuno? She is younger, but doesn't seem that much younger. So Musubi hardly grew at all compared to all others we see in her number bracket, but is now way up there at more or less the same due to Yume?

They all had different rates of growth? This doesn't make much sense. Why would all of them grow at different rates? According to you, musubi looked 10 2-3 years ago. So Kuno grew quicker.

And its just a co-incidence that the 107 and 108 are the youngest looking? While all the lower numbers look older. And that, roughly, the higher numbers all look younger than the lower numbers? (10-20)

I can accept a different level of growth to some degree, but that is too much.

Almost the same does not equal exactly. She would be the first awake, followed quickly by 02-05. A few years later, now that the process has been perfected, the rest are set to grow and wake up. They begin to grow in order. Around this point, full maturity is reached by 02-05 and the army invades and the 1st gen fights them off. Some point after, their awakenment begins. They would still be in the toddler phase at this point.

Miya leaves soon after, going to see the awakend Sekirei before she does so. This is why Tsukiumi has a vague memory of Miya from when she was just a very young child - 2 years old or less.

This is further proof that the Sekirei were still children when Miya left, i.e. after the battle. Still on the ship.
Old 2010-08-17, 18:35   Link #3072
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I just thought of something after watching epi 7. Ok Miya is Sekirei 00/01 who actually isnt a Sekirei but according to Matsu, Takehito made adjustments on 01-05 which would include Miya. Now Takehito says that the changes he made, made them as powerful or even more then winged Sekirei. Since we dont know if she ever was winged since she's not an offical Sekirei by his statement to me it seems like he never winged her, if his adjustments made her more powerful then a winged Sekirei would there be a reason to wing her? Of course 02-05 were eventually winged even though they had adjustments but who knows what he did to Miya to make her the strongest. Also remember when Minato asks where 01 is she tells him, 01 died along time ago with Takehito. Obviously 01 did "die" since Miya doesnt use her power anymore but if Takehito never winged her then she wouldnt have died with him. Once again assuming she can be winged...this 00/01 stuff is confusing
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-08-17, 18:40   Link #3073
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I just thought of something after watching epi 7. Ok Miya is Sekirei 00/01 who actually isnt a Sekirei but according to Matsu, Takehito made adjustments on 01-05 which would include Miya. Now Takehito says that the changes he made, made them as powerful or even more then winged Sekirei. Since we dont know if she ever was winged since she's not an offical Sekirei by his statement to me it seems like he never winged her, if his adjustments made her more powerful then a winged Sekirei would there be a reason to wing her? Of course 02-05 were eventually winged even though they had adjustments but who knows what he did to Miya to make her the strongest. Also remember when Minato asks where 01 is she tells him, 01 died along time ago with Takehito. Obviously 01 did "die" since Miya doesnt use her power anymore but if Takehito never winged her then she wouldnt have died with him. Once again assuming she can be winged...this 00/01 stuff is confusing

I guess the Unmodified Miya = 00, once tuned by Takehito, she becomes 01

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 18:44   Link #3074
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I guess the Unmodified Miya = 00, once tuned by Takehito, she becomes 01
But becoming 01 did she become a Sekirei then? Was she only not a Sekirei when she was 00? Im really starting to think he didnt wing her so it might still be possible for Minato to do it though I never see that happening.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-08-17, 18:46   Link #3075
blitz1/2

Quote:
But becoming 01 did she become a Sekirei then? Was she only not a Sekirei when she was 00? Im really starting to think he didnt wing her so it might still be possible for Minato to do it though I never see that happening.
I guess in that scenario, refer to fanfiction.net, "The winging of Miya"

Old 2010-08-18, 00:35   Link #3076
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
It is mentioned several times that Miya is both a Sekirei, and ISN'T. The confusion, I think, comes from the lack of a term to describe what exactly she is at this point (barring the Hanya of the North, ahahaha).
Old 2010-08-18, 01:28   Link #3077
zibi88

about the Miya is 00 or not..... people should look on last 3chapters.... mostly the talk between takami and minaka... it is stated that miya is the rightfull owner of the jinki's

so generally its like 8jinki + Miya 01 = Miya 00 current miya without jinki's powers is like Miya with no atom batteries in her :P still stong as hell but has no atom blast kicking ^^

The miya is a sekirei and not in the same time....Miya was the only grown up sekirei as they found them in that ship.... so MBI could not manipulate her growth and all like with the rest (fetus and egg sekirei's)... she could be the only one that grown up natural way... so she not haveing an ashikabi as she was growing up (nor she had any manipulations) made her winging immpossible.... time will show...

but still maybe miya's role in all this is similar to "Last Order" from "To aru majutsu no index".... she is like the Core sekirei computer (like LO to the sisters)... and she is the one that can send "kill all sekirei" order when all 8jinki gather together...

kinda like core computer [miya 00] sending the same message to all users [sekirei] that contains an order to disactivate the bodies for good or the other side that send an info to wake up...get their wings back and live happily order...

well in last chapter even kazehana mentioned that her desire (like kagaris,matsu's and mostly miyas) is to want their younger siblings to live happily.... kinda what yume wanted too... so moslty the game will split between 2 players.... 1that wants to kill all sekirei and 2nd that wants to make them be happy

hmm in c101 or 102 cant remmeber we saw miya sitting alone in front of a jinki (yumes jinki) and tsukiumi saw a vision from her past/child memories... well I had the impresion that miya regreats that she left MBI at that time as it mostly was a part of takehito's death... or thinking that she could use its power to stop all this.... but than she stopped herself (by giveing the jinki to tsukiumi).... kinda like she accepted her path she chosen along with takehito (not to get involved in fighting anymore)

cant wait for next chapter... hope it will be about yume/minato and the group and not a break from this arc. and go back to angry yukari...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 01:47   Link #3078
Ryuujin

We don't know that Miya obeys all the rules the altered "Sekirei" do (at least some of which are probably artificially imposed by MBI), she could react very differently.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 07:54   Link #3079
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
We don't know that Miya obeys all the rules the altered "Sekirei" do (at least some of which are probably artificially imposed by MBI), she could react very differently.
U mean that if Minato kisses/wings Miya, the city will vaporise in a mushroom cloud?

Old 2010-08-18, 08:12   Link #3080
Ashaman

Who else thinks the Sekirei may be some kind of slave race; Miya is like the over seer meant to watch over them and is from the original race that the Sekirei are derived from.

Anybody ever see DearS?

Miya rebelled and began to see the Sekirei as her own family that she needed to protect.

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei