AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-30, 17:56   Link #31341
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
So you're saying it's not likely that Bandai would reuse most of the frame of the MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero to put out a 'new' Wing EW and Wing Zero EW?
Nope, the frames are different

Bandai also had their chance to "redo" Wing EW but instead all they changed was the box and 2 new pieces (action base connectors)

Wing Zero EW's frame/figure is also quite different, so they cannot use the proto-zero frame without changing it/making a new mold

Quote:
RG often has a new MG afterward...well at least with the Seed line so far with the Aile Strike and Strike Rouge. =D
Nope, the only one that counts is the Strike, but thats pure coincidence with the GAT series being redone

Rouge does not count as the RG was exclusive

So one instance =/= trend

Quote:
You could be right. Who knows. =)
But for now, I think 2013 has had a crazy good year in terms of GunPla releases.
He is right

"I think 2013 has had a crazy good year in terms of GunPla releases"

We can all agree on this

Too good in fact.....I cant afford them all..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
I want a MG Jegan! Either the D or the stark. I wish I had the patience to build my own...
Ill take a MG Stark Jegan any day :P
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 18:11   Link #31342
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ill take a MG Stark Jegan any day :P
I like the type D because of it's clean look but, I must admit the stark is impressive. I wish the shoulder missile housings were a little more stylish, but it does give a good military look. Can't go wrong. Need more GMs in MG form
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 18:12   Link #31343
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Oh man... Now I am thinking about buying the PG Strike Freedom KO version from DABAN XD It's supposed to be great and near identical to the Bandai kit. It would cost me roughly 100 bucks, including shipping costs. You can't really complain about a price like that :T
It even includes diecast pieces for the wings to replace the parts that always break on the Bandai version!
I agree with you. PG SF Daban is a really good offer. It only has minor (about 1-3%) differences with the original in terms of plastic and sharpness in mold but offer something that actually improve the wings. And don't forget, the price is only about half the original .
Old 2013-10-30, 18:40   Link #31344
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree with you. PG SF Daban is a really good offer. It only has minor (about 1-3%) differences with the original in terms of plastic and sharpness in mold but offer something that actually improve the wings. And don't forget, the price is only about half the original .
Yeah that is true! The fact that the difference between the original and the knockoff is so slim and that they instead included a solution for the wings is great!
As for the price, depending on where I buy it it's like between a third and half the original price. Getting a PG for the price of a big MG is a good deal though in my opinion^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 20:45   Link #31345
Skye629

Quote:
I like the type D because of it's clean look but, I must admit the stark is impressive. I wish the shoulder missile housings were a little more stylish, but it does give a good military look. Can't go wrong. Need more GMs in MG form
What I really want is a MG Jesta Cannon :P

While working on my bro's HGUC the design really started to grow more on me to the point of considering the MG (I'll still take the normal if the Cannon's price is too high for my liking) lol
Old 2013-10-30, 21:09   Link #31346
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Bandai needs to hurry up and finish Seed HD and move over to Seed Destiny HD, finish up Wing EW, and finish up Age. A lot of them are variation but some never had MGs

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-30, 21:21   Link #31347
Knight-of-Gold

Why does Bandai need to hurry? They dont care about some peoples obsession with completing MG lines.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:34   Link #31348
Providenceangle

Quote:

While working on my bro's HGUC the design really started to grow more on me to the point of considering the MG (I'll still take the normal if the Cannon's price is too high for my liking) lol
Yeah I know. I'm looking at the MG Jesta right now... Mouth watering... Eyes watering(lack of money)*sigh*
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 22:18   Link #31349
Sworra

Quote:
I am so waiting for it, it will happen being its just extra parts, I bet we will see one in 2014. Remake the Tri-Star team.... OH YEAH!!!
Old 2013-10-30, 22:59   Link #31350
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
TBQH I wouldnt mind if they used the Proto Zero frame for a new Zero EW. It's abit bulkier sure, but not so much that it'd look out of place, especially since the added height kinda offset it's bulk
Old 2013-10-30, 23:19   Link #31351
Skye629

Quote:
Yeah I know. I'm looking at the MG Jesta right now... Mouth watering... Eyes watering(lack of money)*sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I am so waiting for it, it will happen being its just extra parts, I bet we will see one in 2014. Remake the Tri-Star team.... OH YEAH!!!

Hopefully we will see it in time for. or after, the finale of Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
TBQH I wouldnt mind if they used the Proto Zero frame for a new Zero EW. It's abit bulkier sure, but not so much that it'd look out of place, especially since the added height kinda offset it's bulk
The thing about Wing Zero EW though is its aesthetic appeal, particularly the angelic wings and sleek/slender body

Bulking it up with the Proto-Zero frame would offset that image (particularly in the upper body)

TBH they can easily "upgrade" the current MG by altering/tinkering with a few of the already existing plates and parts and selling it
Old 2013-10-30, 23:25   Link #31352
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
The next "evolution" for MG I would say is RGFiedl the details ...does not necessary have to be ver 3
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 07:26   Link #31353
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Well they could use it as a base and modify a few parts of course to adapt to the differences. After that, then they could use the newer MG Wing Gundam Zero EW and basically make a color variation to a newer Wing EW and call that like Frozen Teardrop version or whatever.

I was actually not too sure about Wing Proto Zero MG, but I think now I'll be getting it.
Old 2013-10-31, 07:42   Link #31354
firefox
Seed seeder

Robot damashii virsago and last outpost geminas annouced

Now that is good news!!!!! instead of another boring version of unicorn or rx-78!!!!!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 09:59   Link #31355
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Robot damashii virsago and last outpost geminas annouced

Now that is good news!!!!! instead of another boring version of unicorn or rx-78!!!!!
I'm very excited for Geminas, I really like the design and always wanted a figure or kit of it. Good I was holding back on the old HG :P
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 10:21   Link #31356
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ouw Yeeaaahhh!!!

Now if they release RD Aesculapius in the near future, I'm gonna buy it and display my old HG in its Close Combat mode only. It would make a nice display duo .
Old 2013-10-31, 14:47   Link #31357
Appel

Am I a weirdo for being excited about the Astry Out Frame?^^

I actually did order the KO PG Strike Freedom today... I am excite. Very very excite. If this is as good as I have heard it's gonna be fantastic.
Even if the quality is not as good as the Bandai kit, the fact that they actually include the metal pieces for the wings to fix the problem that the Bandai kit has totally makes up for it in my opinion.
Old 2013-10-31, 17:11   Link #31358
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Am I a weirdo for being excited about the Astry Out Frame?^^

I actually did order the KO PG Strike Freedom today... I am excite. Very very excite. If this is as good as I have heard it's gonna be fantastic.
Even if the quality is not as good as the Bandai kit, the fact that they actually include the metal pieces for the wings to fix the problem that the Bandai kit has totally makes up for it in my opinion.
No you're not^^

Let us know how good it is once you've build it

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2013-10-31 at 18:04.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 17:29   Link #31359
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
No you're not^^

Let us know I good it is once you've build it
That's comforting to know.

I sure will!
Old 2013-10-31, 20:40   Link #31360
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ouw Yeeaaahhh!!!

Now if they release RD Aesculapius in the near future, I'm gonna buy it and display my old HG in its Close Combat mode only. It would make a nice display duo .
We need model kits of these with the new proportions

I would totally buy them

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy