AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-07-07, 11:36   Link #301
J the Drafter

I think the only side's Ymir's really on is Christa's. Ymir will almost certainly do whatever is best for her friend, all other factions be damned, even Ymir's own if it comes to that.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:00   Link #302
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
It's possible, but I based on my assumption on that Bertolt's Colossal Titan looked just like the Wall Titans, and I don't believe Ymir's group is our enemy.

You are absolutely correct about some other weapons or means in which the Colossal Army surrendered to. What did the ape-Titans do to make us give up 50 meter tall Titans? Or maybe there was some inherent weakness to our Titans? Like, maybe there's a limited of time in which a person can become one before dying or going berserk/mindless? Maybe they only last for a short time like an Eva? Or maybe something as dumb as the ape-Titans simply scared the shit out of the "King" and he ordered the surrender w/o allowing them to fight?

I have a feeling this is the key to the next arc of the story. How did the Wall Titan get there and why?
Not be be a broken record or anything but. The collasal titan and wall titans 2 different types. 1 the collasal titan is 20 meters taller than the walls,2 he has no skin the wall titans cleary had skin on his face. Actually what looked like aged skin. 3 Aren't the colossal titans legs very bulky and stick out further than the rest of his body the walls would be wider at the bottom if they were made with his legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
well at least from the new chapter we did find that Ymir is really old, so it's possible she's immortal as I have speculated. So she did something that was hated by other Titan warriors... I still hoped that she's on humanities side. But it does look like the theory that they are all former soldiers fighting for humanity but was abandoned later probably's not going to hold up.
How does 60 years=immortal ymir clearly stated she was a titan outside the wall for 60 years then gained her human form 6 years later so she is 66 years old. She was kicked out being a titan most likely when she became a human titan 6 years ago and other titans probably tried to eat her.Before that she was a deviant titan outside the walls for 60 years.
Old 2013-07-07, 20:21   Link #303
Haigon

If Ymir has no consciousness during the time as a Titan and "borns" as a titan how she knows how much time has passed?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:00   Link #304
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
If Ymir has no consciousness during the time as a Titan and "borns" as a titan how she knows how much time has passed?
Don't know but in the manga she said around 60 years.
Old 2013-07-08, 07:12   Link #305
Veviticus

If she knew the year before becoming a titan, then the year after turning back then it's simple math. But that's assuming that she remembers being human before being a titan.
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 07:53   Link #306
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Not be be a broken record or anything but. The collasal titan and wall titans 2 different types. 1 the collasal titan is 20 meters taller than the walls,2 he has no skin the wall titans cleary had skin on his face. Actually what looked like aged skin. 3 Aren't the colossal titans legs very bulky and stick out further than the rest of his body the walls would be wider at the bottom if they were made with his legs.

How does 60 years=immortal ymir clearly stated she was a titan outside the wall for 60 years then gained her human form 6 years later so she is 66 years old. She was kicked out being a titan most likely when she became a human titan 6 years ago and other titans probably tried to eat her.Before that she was a deviant titan outside the walls for 60 years.
i arleady answered that on manga discussion. The walls have (fundations??not sure right word in english ) and more then 20 meter it seemed about 5-10 meters so here are your missing meters.

Last edited by Breimoon; 2013-07-08 at 08:01. Reason: arkeady instead of arleady
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 07:55   Link #307
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i arkeady answered that on manga discussion. The walls have (fundations??not sure right word in english ) and more then 20 meter it seemed about 5-10 meters so here are your missing meters.
"Foundation" is the word you are looking for.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 08:04   Link #308
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
"Foundation" is the word you are looking for.
thanks , so aniway if it is made like a normal building it should run underground for at least a few meters
Old 2013-07-08, 09:27   Link #309
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Don't know but in the manga she said around 60 years.
The most logical explanation is that she was a human to begin with. Then something transformed her into a titan and later she recovered.

That way she could learn later that she was in that state for 60 years simply by asking someone "what year are we in?"

The fact that she was originally a human is also hinted by the titan saying "Ymir-sama" and the fact that she can read writings that she isn't supposed to understand.

This also means that in 60 years her titan powers prevented her from aging, so the idea that she is immortal isn't that far off, and that is further supported by "to you 2000 years from now", which implies that someone would still exist after 2000 years.

Quote:
i arleady answered that on manga discussion. The walls have (fundations??not sure right word in english ) and more then 20 meter it seemed about 5-10 meters so here are your missing meters.
We don't actually know if the walls have foundations, they weren't constructed by humans to begin with. But even then it's entirely possible that the titans used their matter creation ability to sink and anchor the walls deep into the ground, without excavating three immensely long perimeters first, which would take who knows how much time.

At any rate what does it even mean if they are as tall as the colossal titan? They aren't physically identical anyway, and they are probably all different among themselves just like regular titans are.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:06   Link #310
Helius

I get the impression that one doesn't age only when in titan form. Ymir said she'd been wandering the walls for 60 years as a titan. I take it as that at some point early in her life she turned and only went back to being human 5-6 years ago. So biologically speaking she's probably still 16-18 years old and ages normally so long as she remains in human form.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 05:35   Link #311
BoyTitan

Quote:
Some one countered your point in the manga discussion.

Well yes to be fair we have no clue if titans die from age or can live for eternity,If only Annie never killed those captured titans. I really hate her now for keeping us from getting answers some one should throw her crystal form in a vat of fire.
Old 2013-07-11, 16:29   Link #312
Breimoon

Quote:
Some one countered your point in the manga discussion.

Well yes to be fair we have no clue if titans die from age or can live for eternity,If only Annie never killed those captured titans. I really hate her now for keeping us from getting answers some one should throw her crystal form in a vat of fire.
as far we know they should stay alive for at least a century(the time the walls were built) if they were so scared of having the titan take in light.
Old 2013-07-14, 08:24   Link #313
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Going by the new OP, they will end the series on chapter 34 (right after Annie's crystallization) since we see Eren and Annie fight in the city.
Old 2013-07-14, 08:48   Link #314
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
as far we know they should stay alive for at least a century(the time the walls were built) if they were so scared of having the titan take in light.
and Ymir is lived for 60+ year already
Old 2013-07-14, 09:55   Link #315
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Going by the new OP, they will end the series on chapter 34 (right after Annie's crystallization) since we see Eren and Annie fight in the city.
That seems like a pretty cruel point to end the series (not like the animators have much choice though) I mean that's when all the interesting bits of the series start to come up.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 11:03   Link #316
richardtengcy

It will end with the BIGGEST cliffhanger about the secrets of the 3 Walls.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 15:57   Link #317
Flolan

We can talk about the second opening and its spoilers here right? It has all kinds of mysterious images and my brain is too tired to understand their meaning lol. There was a scene of Armin being covered with blood, whats with that? Also what was that scene with candles... i think i need to watch the opening again lol.
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 16:50   Link #318
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
We can talk about the second opening and its spoilers here right? It has all kinds of mysterious images and my brain is too tired to understand their meaning lol. There was a scene of Armin being covered with blood, whats with that? Also what was that scene with candles... i think i need to watch the opening again lol.
Its meaningless, for 'cool' purpose only lol
Old 2013-07-14, 17:09   Link #319
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
If you have read the manga this is the correct thread. It you haven't read the manga yet you should use this thread:

Attack on Titan - Speculation & Theories (for first time anime viewers)
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 00:33   Link #320
Flolan

Oh, no worries, im a manga reader xD

Seeing the opening for the first time i was worried because there were several scenes that i didnt recognize from the manga. Armin covered in blood, candles burning oh and is that Hanji with her face all bloody as well?... etc. So i thought that perhaps the scenes hint for a possible original anime ending? That would be horrible :O
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote