AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2017-07-02, 01:04   Link #301
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

I can't tell if the mecha are 3D or not. The Arbalest in the graveyard scene looks 3D-ish and it looks 2D in the start-up scene. And it looks like its design got some minor tweaking. Most notably the glass visor on its optics.

Last edited by Illsteir; 2017-07-02 at 04:43.
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 04:05   Link #302
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

The text on the upper left corner says that the Behemoth will appear on episode 2 to 4...
Spoiler for size:

Which means the first arc will be Continuing On My Own, which almost certainly means Dancing Very Merry Christmas isn't going to be animated this season.
Or they could go the Sigma route a tell the DVMC arc later.
Old 2017-07-02, 04:40   Link #303
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It looks so GOOD

Can't wait for the PV to be released in HQ. Also, best choice of music they picked for the PV

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 10:04   Link #304
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
The text on the upper left corner says that the Behemoth will appear on episode 2 to 4...
Spoiler for size:

Which means the first arc will be Continuing On My Own, which almost certainly means Dancing Very Merry Christmas isn't going to be animated this season.
I thought that Dancing Very Merry Christmas got adapted as an Audio Drama and was very likely to be skipped. I have no idea if that's doable or not (I haven't spoiled myself past Ending Day by Day despite all these years )
Old 2017-07-02, 15:36   Link #305
Sky Field

Amazing PV. They nailed the art style so well that at first I couldn't tell if it was new or old clips being shown.
Sky Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 15:49   Link #306
Darthtabby

That PV does look pretty nice. It's a bit disappointing that the new season is being delayed until Spring though. The weekly "Let's Watch Full Metal Panic Together!" event that I've been doing as a lead up to the new season is already up to episode 2 of TSR, so its going to be done well before then.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 15:52   Link #307
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
Here's a superior video of the fmp panel:

https://twitter.com/AlphaJarmel/stat...84706330828800
Thanks for the link, this really looks great! the art style is almost identical to what we're used to. Too bad this got delayed but 9 months is nothing compared to what we have already waited, right?

Quote:
Spoiler for size:

That depends, do we know how many episodes there'll be? from the moment they announced the audio dramas about DVMC I came to the conclussion that they had to compromise and cut something to be able to finish the main story in the amount of episodes they got, so I really doubt we'll ever get DVMC animated, maybe if the anime does well enough they could consider making an OVA series about it, but who knows.
Old 2017-07-02, 19:35   Link #308
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I thought that Dancing Very Merry Christmas got adapted as an Audio Drama and was very likely to be skipped. I have no idea if that's doable or not (I haven't spoiled myself past Ending Day by Day despite all these years )
Some fans were still hoping DVMC will still be animated despite getting an Audio Drama adaptation. I guess this is the final nail to the coffin.
Old 2017-07-10, 15:31   Link #309
Mugen26

Quote:
Some fans were still hoping DVMC will still be animated despite getting an Audio Drama adaptation. I guess this is the final nail to the coffin.
Not necessarily. While it's a slim chance, they could always animate it as an episodic OVA during or after Invisible Victory. Depending on how well (or not well) it does. But while it seems like nothing more than wishful thinking from the diehard fans, there's still always that possibility until stated otherwise.

Speaking of the audio drama's, episode 10 came out today and it seems to be fairly action packed. Just to catch up, here are the one's that haven't been posted yet:

Spoiler for Audio Drama Ep. 7 - "The Two Captains":

Spoiler for Audio Drama Ep. 8 - "The prologue of the fierce battle":

Spoiler for Audio Drama Ep. 9 - "The Executors":

Audio Drama Ep. 10 - "Hunter Killer"
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 18:03   Link #310
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen26 View Post

Audio Drama Ep. 10 - "Hunter Killer"
YouTube
This was the best episode yet imo, Sousuke and Chidori at the beginning are fantastic. I can't understand it, but I know vaguely what's going on from the novels. It's just great to hear these seiyuus playing these roles again - Satsuki Yukino particularly as Chidori has some fantastic reactions in this episode lol - it just sounds great ahahaha.... and of course, hearing Al again. I was super happy to hear Al!
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 11:33   Link #311
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Interview with FMP's maker

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-douji/.119685
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 13:04   Link #312
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Quote:
So, we're going to be starting--the anime is going to take place from volume 6 and move onwards, and that's about all I can say at the moment.
Now that's interesting. I wonder if he misspoke, or if DVMC is really going to be animated. I had kind of given up hope that it would, especially after the preview showed stuff from COMO, but now I'm getting hopeful again. Maybe we really will get it as a flashback, similar to what happened in Sigma.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 13:45   Link #313
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnagemaster View Post
Now that's interesting. I wonder if he misspoke, or if DVMC is really going to be animated. I had kind of given up hope that it would, especially after the preview showed stuff from COMO, but now I'm getting hopeful again. Maybe we really will get it as a flashback, similar to what happened in Sigma.
Hopefully they do just that. I'm really really hoping that we can get the much deserved adaptation of everything that's left in FMP. It's still to this day one of my favourite shows of all time.
Old 2017-08-03, 16:47   Link #314
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnagemaster View Post
Depends if he sees The End of Day by Day as 1 or 2 volumes. They appeared as 2 separate novels, but that's because the story was too big / long / think for just 1 volume. So volume 6 might mean DVMC or COMO... this is prolly some Gatoh classic teasing.

Also, this is gonna sound picky or ungrateful, but for me that's a totally useless interview. I was looking forward to getting some new info about the anime but I didn't find out anything new: no number of episodes, no ETA on a preview, no details of any kind.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 19:39   Link #315
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Images
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 20:14   Link #316
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
That animation quality........
Old 2017-08-11, 22:04   Link #317
Mugen26

More images:
Images

The high quality PV is now up on the official website:
http://www.tdd-1.com/iv/news/170812.html

There are also a couple of changes/additions to the one at Anime Expo!

Last edited by Mugen26; 2017-08-11 at 22:14.
Old 2017-08-12, 15:56   Link #318
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Thanks for the images and the link!

Although I've seen the preview before, I realized something just now: all the scenes, aside from simply showing characters' faces, are from Continuing On My Own. Ofc, there might be a reason for that, maybe they don't want to reveal how many novels this season is going to cover, but... could it also mean that they are going to do just COMO?
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 17:53   Link #319
cf18
Mecha Pilot

FMP!4 PV0.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G69iKJ8wdek
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 08:10   Link #320
Mugen26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Thanks for the images and the link!

Although I've seen the preview before, I realized something just now: all the scenes, aside from simply showing characters' faces, are from Continuing On My Own. Ofc, there might be a reason for that, maybe they don't want to reveal how many novels this season is going to cover, but... could it also mean that they are going to do just COMO?
I remember they had previously confirmed that they we covering the rest of the novel material to end the story. Typically PV's from upcoming anime only cover the first couple of episodes when advertising to prevent spoilers and also because the latter content is still incomplete. I'm guessing the PV's shots are all from the first episode, or at least the majority are.