Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-17, 23:47   Link #301
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
Yes I think this is a good stylistic element. The character is a little blury though, maybe something can be done to improve this a little ^^
You think so? Hm...how's this then?

I removed the blurriness and adjusted the brightness and contrast of the image.

--> Version...4 I believe? Anyway, this was my first entry. I put the img slightly closer and change the clouds

Bah! my brushes disappeared all of a sudden. Now I'm gonna have to reload them again.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2007-07-18 at 00:39.
Old 2007-07-18, 06:28   Link #302
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
You think so? Hm...how's this then?

I removed the blurriness and adjusted the brightness and contrast of the image.
Yes, this is better imo . There is not this motion blur like effect and the strange grey outlining (outer glow?) is also gone. The futuristic style elements maybe look more integrated into the picture when it is two layers. The lower layer is multiplied with the background and the upper normal layer is slightly transparent. But I am not sure how this will look like in the end. It is also possible that it looks better as it is now. But basically I think the current version is very good as is. What would really interest me, is how the text looks like without the shadow effect.

Quote:

--> Version...4 I believe? Anyway, this was my first entry. I put the img slightly closer and change the clouds

Bah! my brushes disappeared all of a sudden. Now I'm gonna have to reload them again.
The 3 feathers look very unclear in contrast to the character, thus it looks like it does not belong together and therefore doesn't work quite well with each other. Maybe you can separate the feathers from the character and use a non white outlining (or using a different contrast level) to contrast the feathers from the white clouds. So they appear similar sharp outlined as the character.
The same but not so strong applies for the text imo. Maybe just removing the shadow will let both components text and character work better together. I mean the character draws no shadow on the clouds thus the overall scene appears odd (well to me... which does not mean much )
Old 2007-07-18, 08:07   Link #303
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i think cyz's banners have been dissected nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by leofish View Post
my two entries, maybe a third if I find the time....

1)

maybe not enough sky =/

2)

まっさぐGO!
1) i dont know about you...but to me i am not getting the "sky" theme here O.O i liked the way you tried to burn the BG pic but at places the effect just looks weird (look at the guy ~ the dark patches of blue just dont fit him >.<) ~ i would suggest some clouds around the subject...maybe blended in around them as well as a light source...also i feel that you need to make your font bigger but then it would cover a lot more of her face :/ the problem with this banner is the same as my previous one...it is just too cluttered and buzy >.< or rather there are too many things going on ant once which doesnt leave enough space for good text placement

2) a lot better but it is lacking the clouds! also i would suggest that you give some blur to the stock as the lines are jaggard ~ mess around with the colours and you will get a better effect ^.^ also again with the font...make it bigger and it will look better ~ oh and remove the "massugu go!" as it will cause the banner to be disqualified O.O

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-18, 08:41   Link #304
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Yes, this is better imo . There is not this motion blur like effect and the strange grey outlining (outer glow?) is also gone. The futuristic style elements maybe look more integrated into the picture when it is two layers. The lower layer is multiplied with the background and the upper normal layer is slightly transparent. But I am not sure how this will look like in the end. It is also possible that it looks better as it is now. But basically I think the current version is very good as is. What would really interest me, is how the text looks like without the shadow effect.
If I didn't put the drop shadow on the text, it won't be visible enough to be read. Well, at least that's what I thought.

Quote:
The 3 feathers look very unclear in contrast to the character, thus it looks like it does not belong together and therefore doesn't work quite well with each other. Maybe you can separate the feathers from the character and use a non white outlining (or using a different contrast level) to contrast the feathers from the white clouds. So they appear similar sharp outlined as the character.
The same but not so strong applies for the text imo. Maybe just removing the shadow will let both components text and character work better together. I mean the character draws no shadow on the clouds thus the overall scene appears odd (well to me... which does not mean much )
So this was rejected huh? Guess back to drawing board again

--> Btw, I appreciate the thorough analysis

-> Version 3 of the second banner. I removed the drop shadows for the text.
-> The Misuzu banner will have to redone again
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Last edited by Cyz; 2007-07-18 at 08:52.
Old 2007-07-18, 08:44   Link #305
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
@Jinto_lin: Since you are giving lots of comments and probably hurting peoples about what the need to work on, I wanna see your banner (to make things fair) ^_^.
Old 2007-07-18, 12:18   Link #306
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If I didn't put the drop shadow on the text, it won't be visible enough to be read. Well, at least that's what I thought.

I think some "wind" effect, overlaying the render and a bit on the BG might give a better homogeneous impression. As for the text, you can probably try a glow or a thicker outline with some blending mode, that would probably make it easier to read, without using a shadow.

i would add to jinto-lin comment on your misuzu banner that the edge of misuzu got screwed a bit, especially at the left, probably exagerated by the blending. should be reallyc autious, since the default is much more visible on the gradient/any sky BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
@Jinto_lin: Since you are giving lots of comments and probably hurting peoples about what the need to work on, I wanna see your banner (to make things fair) ^_^.
heh... jinto_lin actually post his banner already here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Second entry

*headache* this one was... huh, i hope i didn't screw the happiness and freedom feelings. meh...
V2 of the second banner :

I changed the font, the contrast around the center, some soft and glowing aspect, and some birds between rena and the text.

*tries to work on a possible third banner...*

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-07-18 at 13:57.
Old 2007-07-18, 13:52   Link #307
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Because I was bored...

Not an entry... my entries are here.
Old 2007-07-18, 14:39   Link #308
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
I see. And you are right, still I hope there exist other means to improve visibility ^^. Maybe using the tips Klashikari mentioned. Or the text could be done few sizes bigger maybe? One needs to see how it orchestrates with the remaining banner then... maybe a bigger sized text doesn't fit, but could be worth a try.

Quote:
Am I so direct? ^^'

Quote:

Reading Klashikari's advice, I assume it is really hard to please all critics right? I rant against the bluring and Klashikari wants a wind effect on the character. To do both things is kinda hard. One can never please all critics, right? But the critics just add their point of view, the artist decides what may best please him/her.
I think you will do a good job. That is what matters in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
I am sorry if I hurt people with what I am saying. I am always dead honest about what I say. I usually do not sugar coat my point. Maybe that is a little too direct. But thats the way I am. There is one positive thing about it, you will never have to ask yourself if I really mean what I say.

Quote:

I changed the font, the contrast around the center, some soft and glowing aspect, and some birds between rena and the text.

*tries to work on a possible third banner...*
I like the version 2, the readability of the text is okay but if you added stuff to improve readability it could destroy too much the harmony and the freedom effect (<= for lack of a better term). The row of birds seem to improve the sceneries deepness/spatial feeling, imo a very clever style element.

edit:

@CrowKenobi,

Personally I liked the font setting of the first version better, except for the shadow. In general the scenery appears dark, this I say without valuation (means my personal taste is different but really doesn't matter for design aspects like this). The character's outlineing appears a little rough/dull and the contrast was better before brightening her up (I think she should not be too bright if the surroundings are kinda dark... maybe something in between the two versions works good).

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-07-18 at 15:56.
Old 2007-07-18, 15:11   Link #309
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Because I was bored...

Not an entry... my entries are here.
Quoting myself!

New version with different font:

I'm liking this so much I might replace my Fate/Stay Night banner with this.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-07-18 at 16:12. Reason: new version of the new version! :D
Old 2007-07-18, 15:58   Link #310
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
CK>> O__O....yoko..... xD
whats that yellowish outline around her?

cool banner we need MOAR yoko and being in the banner helps her to take over!

anyways here is another revision, I took what everyone liked about the versions I posted up and so I got this.

Old 2007-07-18, 16:07   Link #311
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
anyways here is another revision, I took what everyone liked about the versions I posted up and so I got this.
That sun glare is really nice (a little boxy though). It spreads an orange aura.... that suddenly ends on the right side of the character which looks like two different settings for sky. Maybe you can add an Image->Adjustment->Photo Filter with warming effect on the right side. This might give a better illusion of global illumination.
Old 2007-07-18, 17:13   Link #312
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Eh, I wouldn't mind joining in, but aren't the gradient's template colors a bit off? The bottom is almost an aqua colour...

Anyway, I'll see what I can do with it.
Old 2007-07-18, 17:44   Link #313
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ it is intended and we are all forced to work with it XD
Quote:
That sun glare is really nice (a little boxy though). It spreads an orange aura.... that suddenly ends on the right side of the character which looks like two different settings for sky. Maybe you can add an Image->Adjustment->Photo Filter with warming effect on the right side. This might give a better illusion of global illumination.
or perhaps he should just change the type of lens flare to the defult "circular" type
my nit pick would be your choice of font and that ugly looking black like...time would be to choose a colour for the line that matches with your font colour ^.^ but well done so far great improvement! perhaps just a few more clouds neared to the bottom and it will be perfect ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-18, 20:01   Link #314
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
@Klash: I didn't see that one. GUess I didn't read carefully in the beginning of the thread <_<.

@Jinto: Thats okay. I'm just saying that because I never saw your banner.. But now I do and it looks good.
Old 2007-07-18, 20:10   Link #315
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Version 4 of my 2nd entry. Added a little wind effect on the main img and on the BG itself (you can't see it much unfortunately). Made the text darker too so now it's readable without the drop shadow. Anyway, the Misuzu banner....I'm doing it right now. Version 5 of my first entry will come

@ Jinto Lin: Yes you're pretty direct but I guess that's a critic for you But that's okay though, it helps me get as much stuffs to change...or something like that
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-07-18, 20:49   Link #316
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Here is the latest version of my Yoko banner that I will enter, replacing my Fate/Stay Night banner:

The updated banner entry list is here.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-07-19 at 10:16. Reason: Fixed border
Old 2007-07-18, 22:17   Link #317
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
CK>> O__O....yoko..... xD
whats that yellowish outline around her?

cool banner we need MOAR yoko and being in the banner helps her to take over!

Woohoo! That looks awesome! 10/10!

<--- I might need shades for this one.
Old 2007-07-18, 23:16   Link #318
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Change the font for the forums text ...

Overall very nice ^^

Quote:
The birds are lining up so nicely thus unrealisticly.. scater them up a bit and lose 1 or 2 >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-18, 23:20   Link #319
CXC

Wow soo many interesting Banners...

anyways heres my 1st one...

Old 2007-07-19, 01:25   Link #320
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer