Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-26, 05:35   Link #301
wao
OK.

Waaaaaaaah.

*goes outside to balcony and stares at sky for a while*

...WAH.

This anime can't be for real. There has to be a yashigani episode coming up or something. It can't be so technically perfect. This isn't a TV show...

...well everything I've wanted to say about ep 3 has largely been said, and I don't even know which animators would have done what - maybe Eiji Komatsu did some of the fighting? [coincidentially I remember he was in that episode of Iroha with the ricefield fighting]

EDIT: and the storyboarder, Masaki Tachibana, I'm not completely sure of what I remember of him but IIRC he made his name as a talented young animator from J.C. Staff aroudn the late 90s and he's done some decent storyboards for some anime... I think he was in Eureka 7 and GITS. I heard 古川尚哉 is one of the folks responsible for the fight animation?

Gah, I won't betray this show and watch it so late, next time I'm watching the raw as soon as it comes out.
Old 2007-04-26, 06:27   Link #302
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

i with wao, must see the next ep as soon as possible. Good thing there's wrex blogging it too or i'd be pretty wrecked whil waiting to watch this.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 08:31   Link #303
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
And oh, Jin isn't dead. Otherwise, they wouldnt bother spending some screentime on him only to kill him a few mins later.
This is Moribito. Everything has is purpose. Even if the Jin is dead, his screen time is not wasted (we learned that he recieved gift from Chagum, and that he's not some spoiled emo kid )

PS: And yeah, assassins are people too!
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 13:48   Link #304
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieH@rd View Post
This is Moribito. Everything has is purpose. Even if the Jin is dead, his screen time is not wasted (we learned that he recieved gift from Chagum, and that he's not some spoiled emo kid )
I was actually expecting Chagum to complain a bit, since he's a prince and all. But he doesn't. While he largely depends on Balsa, he puts up with the unfamiliarity and is quite brave for someone in his situation. Cute little kid.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 15:58   Link #305
saravis

Holy moly love the show! The action scenes are done with extreme detail and did anyone else notice the detail put into the clovers in the field scene.
Spoiler for speculation on ep 3:
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 17:01   Link #306
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I was actually expecting Chagum to complain a bit, since he's a prince and all. But he doesn't. While he largely depends on Balsa, he puts up with the unfamiliarity and is quite brave for someone in his situation. Cute little kid.
Yeah, I really like the kid a lot. It saves Balsa some trouble too.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 18:02   Link #307
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I'm a bit in late commenting episode 3, and there's no need to repeat everybody's positive comments regarding the animation of the fight sequences, attention to details and so on, so I'll just add a silly question to the whole discussion: is it just me or did anybody else get "Togusa" vibes from Jin? I think it was probably due to the character design which is similar, but his attitude sort of reminded me of Togusa.

It was cool to see that even secondary(?) characters get a bit of depth and are not presented as the usual "flat-personality character with no use other than to create some action".
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 20:58   Link #308
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It use to be the kings and princes of the land happen to be the biggest and most badass warriors of legend. Like the English blokes before they became pampered and soft

Good to see they young royal being equal to that crown on his head while still a very vulnerable boy.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 01:51   Link #309
Glitch87

Chagum is cool in my book. He could have easily broke down and started crying when he was climbing on those slippery slopes of the mountain. Instead he sucked it up and kept going knowing Balsa's life (and therefore his own) rest in his hands.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 05:29   Link #310
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Gosh, well I doubt I'll be the last person to say this, but ep 3 was nothing short of astonishing. The battle yes, oh yes the battle: Balsa's precise movements, her kicks and jabs, the range of her attacks and hints at her experience of combat to take control of the fight, to make the assassins fight her on her terms. The speed and choreography of it all, the sound and the direction. All of it mesmerizing.

I'm in awe at Mabuki Ando; when she rescues Chagum from the assassin with an incredible display of raw primal brutality. The cry of a woman with, possibly, maternal instincts just hidden under the surface protecting an innocent child. She cares not for the circumstance or the poetic history of that assassin (a masterful moment), only that if you take a blade to this child I will kill you in any way I can. I don't think I've seen, in anime, a woman more terrifying than that moment.

And I'd like to know too whether that wolf was more than just a random predator.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 06:15   Link #311
CessBlue

Let me reiterate what everybody's trying to say.

Best Fight Scenes EVER. Period!

If this anime has the story to back it up, I wouldn't mind the trend this anime is going to set.
CessBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 10:07   Link #312
wao
OK.

Just watched episode 4. First thought: TAMAGOOOOOO

Spoiler for boring thoughts:
Old 2007-04-28, 10:50   Link #313
wrex_japan

Seirei no Moribito ep. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Just watched episode 4. First thought: TAMAGOOOOOO

Spoiler for boring thoughts:
Ep. 4 Summary and screencaps. Yeah, the animation quality wasn't as good as the previous episodes, and as you say, it seems this is another set up episode as they provide more background information.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 15:25   Link #314
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not going to complain one bit about the animation of ep4. I don't have the eye to be bothered by it dropping to only twice as good as most other shows. I loved little tricks like the way the eyes of the Seidoushi moved as he was reading. And the dragonflies. And the motion generally was so fluid, to my eye.

My Japanese wasn't up to following all the dialogue, so thanks very much for your blog entry, Wrex. It was clearly a set-up episode, but "Tamago!" makes it quite a set-up. And it's good to get more feeling of the characters of all the participants. Particularly enjoyed the ED this time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 22:33   Link #315
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Wow, this anime is just exploding with awesomeness! It really does look to good to be a tv show.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 23:46   Link #316
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 4 may not have the fantastic fighting action of Episode 3 but it wins lots of kudos in my book for exploring a few more areas and linking it all back. They have also given us more hints of the great depth in this world. In addition, there's lots of detail where it matters and shows how very well thought out the production is.

The best part of this episode is the second half of the episode in Tanda's hut.
Spoiler for continued in spoiler, just in case:
It's all these little things that make the world feel richer and alive.

We must not forget the soundtrack too. The music segues in when required to augment the scenes and it slips away when it is not needed.

There's more than enough in the first 4 episodes for me to gush endlessly for a week. Production I.G. is pulling out all the stops in making it such an excellent production.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 03:10   Link #317
DieH@rd

Hmmm, who is the guy in the top row, the one in the right???

Old 2007-04-29, 03:33   Link #318
Glitch87

perhaps you werent watching episode 3....

My guess (as their attire is very similar) that's Balsa's father from her flashback.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 04:48   Link #319
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

that's Jigoro, the person that saved her when she was young and her teacher.
they arent related by blood btw.
Old 2007-04-29, 05:16   Link #320
DieH@rd

So, he's her sensei. Cool.

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.