AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-21, 22:19   Link #3281
Trung-t-rung

Somehow, I have a feeling that Tohka Dark mode will become a gag similar to Saber Alter. Maybe if Tohka didn't eat anything in xx hours, she will turn dark mode.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 22:36   Link #3282
tm902541

Tohka have reverse form

Maybe I also hope that the spirit will also appear this mode

What if Yamai Sisters and Yoshino or Kurumi will turn reverse
tm902541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:02   Link #3283
EvI

kurumi don't need a reverse form ^^"

a it would be a pity see yoshino in a state where she is forced to enter into such mode...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:03   Link #3284
waffler

How do dem change tohka into a dark tohka? they rape her or something? o.O
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:11   Link #3285
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
How do dem change tohka into a dark tohka? they rape her or something? o.O
no

Spoiler for spoiler:
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 00:09   Link #3286
XFire
150% done

Ok, with this I'm done. For real this time. Probably. Maybe. Eh.

Spoiler for SO LONG:
Old 2013-06-22, 02:04   Link #3287
Yye1
Wide Right

What is the Kurumi Star Festival?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 02:11   Link #3288
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
What is the Kurumi Star Festival?
Kurumi's chapter in the Date A Live Encore collection of side stories. A summary was posted on one of the recent pages here.
Old 2013-06-22, 02:16   Link #3289
cloud04
Scanlator

hmm btw is it me or..when shido manifest an angel his eye color changes..well atleast in vol 7 colored pic it did
Old 2013-06-22, 02:46   Link #3290
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Ok, with this I'm done. For real this time. Probably. Maybe. Eh.

My point wasn't how much this happens for each person. My point is that Shidou doesn't view Origami as more than a classmate. And this is after reading the LN hospital scene. Subtle they ain't. He tried to leave several times, she had to guilt-trip him into doing everything, and he ran as soon as he could.
Because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to control himself as nearly all his thoughts were, "that sounded realy erotic that can't be right". And the fact he is on a first name basis with her does show he is closer then just a classmate
Quote:
But he's there for the spirits, not her. Every time, he's there to help the beings she wants to kill.
No he has tried to be there for her and at the time she chose her revenge rather then him. It isn't untill after the events of volume 4 that she starts to turn away from that path.
Spoiler for volume 2:

Quote:
Er, they attacked Tohka, they attacked Yoshino, Kurumi became psycho from being killed too much, Kotori saved Origami and Mana's life, the AST started shooting at Miku in the middle of a concert. Were the twins hostile?
first it has never been hinted that Kurumi became psycho from her deaths in fact it seems she is useing her deaths to drive Mana psycho. the AST had nothing to do with the Twins that was DEM. And I don't see how any of this refutes what I said She has an irrational hatred born from watching her home burn, having her parents murdered in front of her and then getting the hell beat out of her when she was 12 along with the added AST and DEM propaganda that Spirit = Evil. nor does it change she is not in command.

Quote:
OK, but when has Shidou put his life on the line for her and only her?
Just because he hasn't had the need to doesn't mean he wouldn't and while it wasn't just for her he did so at the end of volume 4.
Quote:
__________________________________________________ _____

I moved this down because this is probably my biggest problem with Origami, the AST, and the whole series. Giant piece of fridge logic that burns.

OK, think about that. Forget Origami and the spirits. Separate from our argument, think about the logic of that tactic. They attack an entity they cannot defeat in hopes of making it leave. That is suicidal. It's like throwing pebbles at a bear.

And yet thats what they do. They are Damage control pure and simple. They are like biteing ants painful and annoying enough that the Spirits go away. and its not like the ATS knows they are pulled there against their will since they don't talk to them. Origami only found out because Shidou told her.

Spoiler for volume 1:

Quote:
Also, even if they leave they come back. Which causes more space quakes later. At first this was understandable, since it seems like they had no choice and they don't know the spirits have no choice to return. But Tohka. Goes. To. Origami's. School They know a spirit is here. They know she didn't cause a space quake arriving. Why in God's name did they not investigate that!?!?!? I'm not saying drop the antagonism suddenly, but get Origami to effing ask Shidou "Hey, what the fuck, man?" at least once. Hell, get them to try to kidnap Shidou or something. Don' just continue with business as usual when there is even a slight chance that a way to actually render a spirit genuinely harmless is right under their nose!

IT. DOESN'T. MAKE. SENSE!
Maybe it is because noone knows how that happened. Shidou made a big deal about it and Tohka had no clue. And the AST is under strict orders not to atack Touka because as far as the AST investagation has turned up she is not only human but one of the citizens that they have to protect. She also did ask Shidou about things, twice, once in Volume 2 and then in volume 5.

Spoiler for volume 2:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 05:41   Link #3291
ImperialFlameGod8190

i'll say this once and not say it again this is anime and using logic in anime is foolish because well its illogical. Yes Origami hates tohka but first because of the spirits but now because of the fact she's her rival. Origami has a messed up past we all know this if you thought a spirit killed your parents you'd hate them anyway. As for the organizations nobody truly understands the spirits so everybody acts wonky
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 06:17   Link #3292
sky black swordman

Quote:
Because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to control himself as nearly all his thoughts were, "that sounded realy erotic that can't be right". And the fact he is on a first name basis with her does show he is closer then just a classmate
Hmm, I think Shidou has referred to Origami as his friend. Also didn't she make him call her by her first name ? IIRC, it was in exchange for her getting off of him. And in volume 3, when he greeted her by using last name, she gave him a look and he immediately corrected himself and greeted her by her first name.
Old 2013-06-22, 07:46   Link #3293
Ramen00

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
hmm btw is it me or..when shido manifest an angel his eye color changes..well atleast in vol 7 colored pic it did
It did, it seems using a spirit powers would change the irises of the eyes of the user.. I believe there was a discussion about the eyes of the spirits at the past pages..

It seems the anime will get a season 2.... not to say it'll reach until Miku's arc...... having a complicated feeling of it.. more on my side wasn't really satisfied with the adaptation.....
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 08:02   Link #3294
ImperialFlameGod8190

Let me ask u guys this and answer honestly. If it was tohka or kurumi or even yoshino who was doing the stuff that Origami was would you guys be complaining about it.
Old 2013-06-22, 08:09   Link #3295
darkofficer
just a devil

No not really

But I wonder why tohka is the only spirit that has to be around shidou all the time
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 08:58   Link #3296
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
No not really

But I wonder why tohka is the only spirit that has to be around shidou all the time
that's my point if u can appreciate the spirits doing it allow origami to also its how these harems work.

As for why tohka is the only spirit that has to be around shidou its pretty simple its because of the lost puppy affect I mentioned earlier. Tohka believed everybody was trying to kill her and then somebody who wouldn't try to kill her appeared in fact he was kind to her. Once she found that she acted like a puppy simply wanting him to be that existence its the same reason that tohka went berserk when shidou died in the first episode and why she likely went black tohka because to tohka shidou is her entire world and living without him is impossible.
Old 2013-06-22, 09:19   Link #3297
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
that's my point if u can appreciate the spirits doing it allow origami to also its how these harems work.

As for why tohka is the only spirit that has to be around shidou its pretty simple its because of the lost puppy affect I mentioned earlier. Tohka believed everybody was trying to kill her and then somebody who wouldn't try to kill her appeared in fact he was kind to her. Once she found that she acted like a puppy simply wanting him to be that existence its the same reason that tohka went berserk when shidou died in the first episode and why she likely went black tohka because to tohka shidou is her entire world and living without him is impossible.
The bonus to Shidou is that Tohka is easily the most beautiful girl in existance
Old 2013-06-22, 12:50   Link #3298
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
yes when he summons angels his eyes changes that of similar to a spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
The bonus to Shidou is that Tohka is easily the most beautiful girl in existance
control that airheadedness of hers then yeah pretty much she is Shidou's consolation prize for his troubles...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 13:16   Link #3299
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
not quite i'd say miku gives her a run for that and the yamai twins are tasty too but that's my opinion. The downside to that very bonus is the reality that if she catches shidou kissing somebody else or if he does something against her she has power that makes gasai yuno look like a toddler. Keep in mind tohka said herself that without shidou she would be just like kurumi which doesn't bode well for shidou.
Old 2013-06-22, 13:26   Link #3300
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Debateable.

Kurumi.
Kotori. (she's fine right now, but when she grows out of being jailbait.... )
Yamai Twins.

Not that Tohka's not hawt, but she has plenty of rivals.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy