AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-02, 01:27   Link #3301
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
And another release today!

Erio: Strada!
Strada: [Set up!]

Erio: *firmly grabs Strada and points to the sky* Come on, Ion Cannon! BRING IT!

Well, yeah, here comes a few ideas I have about Relics, which obviously make me, again, a primary target. If I get away with this, I'd be extremely surprised.

But, well, as I mentioned some time ago, this is just a fanfic now.

Anyway, hope you like it.

---
Past episodes: 01, 02, 03, 04

Spoiler for Episode 05 - Part 1:

Spoiler for Episode 05 - Part 2:

Spoiler for Episode 05 - Part 3:

Nighty already said who he's going to see about a month ago. Dunno if we're the only ones who have played the game.

Next time, HAXX CHARACTERS WARNING... though if you are reading my little fic you'll know I wont reveal each character's fully developed forms from the get-go. But still, they will be haxx.
Lots of MKR references here. Project Elhaym... this sounds pretty familiar. The name I mean. Xenogears?
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
1: need reference here....
2: I was thinking of that thing, too. What is that?
3: colour? Try camouflage design. If that doesn't match, try darker colours.

================

1:
2: who? Fuuko or Shamisen?
3: Aren't all girls weak against anything furry and fluffy? *dodges Aces' Breakers*
4: PLEASE DO! I WANT TO WATCH THE SCENE!

Diary of Windtalker, Charter 5, will be split into two parts, like how I did with Charter 4. As for now, Charter 5 Part I is 75% complete.

Expect Ginga/Tais moment.

*dodges Revolver Knuckle*

Now I have to go to class. Later!
Ginga/Tais moment?! YES!!
Old 2007-07-02, 01:32   Link #3302
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yes, yes. Images for almost everyone coming next episode! They are already ready.

Isnt War40K a RTS game? It seems to have a lot of RPG elements, like Warcraft 3...

Oswald hacks. I'm going all out with this guy!
Cool, now waiting for next ep

*puts on knowledge glasses*

War40K is originally a tabletop game, played using LOTS of painted fixed-pose figures. The RTS would be War40K Dawn of War (and the supah awesome expansions Winter Assault and Dark Crusade, which introduced me to the Necrons ), and yes it does have RPG elements although you don't have levelling up heroes like in WC3

And all out? No matter what this Dark Knight dishes out, Mai can counter em!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-02, 01:39   Link #3303
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Lots of MKR references here. Project Elhaym... this sounds pretty familiar. The name I mean. Xenogears?
Hmm, the name isn't frequently used so it may be true. What esle do we have:

- a girl - check
- long hair - check
- blue hair - in a way, check
- pink eyes - not check, though pink color in general can be related
- cyborg - not check, maybe indirectly

The possibility is there but can't say for sure. We need to look at the abilities first.
Old 2007-07-02, 01:45   Link #3304
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Wait a min! My mistake. The figure is not Elhaym but KOSMOS!!

Edit: why am I clicking the wrong button again and again....
Old 2007-07-02, 01:52   Link #3305
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Speaking of bouncing ideas around, how's CrosyS coming? (I have no life...this is the third time I've asked. ) And on top of that, is there some sort of reference I could use for Noble Illusions? I remember you mentioning that Arcas could use those and/or a Reality Marble since his Device is Britannian.
1. On hold at the moment, until I finish the Kha & Kluize revelations which are somehow ended up inexplicably tied to Serge, even though these two men are currently mortal enemies.

Though I think Keroko might help change that in this multiverse.

KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS KxS...

2. Look up Alexandra's full profile. She's created by USB500 and the earliest FSN ref to boot, beating Kha and Sakura by a few posts.
Old 2007-07-02, 01:57   Link #3306
Erio
Hiromi

Oh yes, I was going to mention at the end of the post that Lowe is the only one who knows what a "Dark Linker Core" is.

Quote:
Yes, Elhaym is from Xenogears. But only the name is. I just like the name and think its pretty "epic"... so I invented this Project Elhaym.

EDIT: Oh, yes, forgot to mention... MKR = Magic Knight Rayearth? Well no references from there... I've never seen it. More unintentional references, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Cool, now waiting for next ep

*puts on knowledge glasses*

War40K is originally a tabletop game, played using LOTS of painted fixed-pose figures. The RTS would be War40K Dawn of War (and the supah awesome expansions Winter Assault and Dark Crusade, which introduced me to the Necrons ), and yes it does have RPG elements although you don't have levelling up heroes like in WC3

And all out? No matter what this Dark Knight dishes out, Mai can counter em!
*takes notes*

Maybe I'll have to try that War40k Dawn of War... and play the campaign at least. Seems like that universe has lots of neat ideas.

And about Mai... I think she's the only one who can fight him right now, as his abilities may not work properly on her. (We'll have to study it a bit later, when I reveal his hackness )

Oh, hey Lowe, maybe you forgot to answer to my last PM... I think its a few days old now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Hmm, the name isn't frequently used so it may be true. What esle do we have:

- a girl - check
- long hair - check
- blue hair - in a way, check
- pink eyes - not check, though pink color in general can be related
- cyborg - not check, maybe indirectly

The possibility is there but can't say for sure. We need to look at the abilities first.
Quote:
Wait a min! My mistake. The figure is not Elhaym but KOSMOS!!

Edit: why am I clicking the wrong button again and again....
Hahaha. You guys mixed it all up, but yes, tshou nailed both references.

The secret is out, the android is indeed KOS-MOS. (I was going to show the picture later )
Old 2007-07-02, 02:16   Link #3307
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
1. On hold at the moment, until I finish the Kha & Kluize revelations which are somehow ended up inexplicably tied to Serge, even though these two men are currently mortal enemies.

On hold? Hmmm... gives me time to develop my OC's more at least

And you seem intent on that ship there

Quote:
*takes notes*

Maybe I'll have to try that War40k Dawn of War... and play the campaign at least. Seems like that universe has lots of neat ideas.
The campaign for the original DoW is rather straightforward, and you only play as the Space Marines. It's in Winter Assault, and especially the freeform Dark Crusade campaigns that's really pumpin!

Most of the background info for Warhammer 40K comes from the various game codexes, whose info you can look up at wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
And about Mai... I think she's the only one who can fight him right now, as his abilities may not work properly on her. (We'll have to study it a bit later, when I reveal his hackness )

Oh, hey Lowe, maybe you forgot to answer to my last PM... I think its a few days old now, though.
Hmmm... I never even considered that... that Dark magic somehow doesn't affect another dark magic user... what else do you have in mind?

Yup, did forget , mind if I respond here? You make a good point about the Necromancers... thought you were going for the impossible there As long as we're not raising people from the dead physically it should be okay

And on devices... With my vision of dark magic being somewhat more destructive than regular magic, yes it would take devices specially tuned to channel dark energy to use Dark Magic. Either that, or extra-strengthened regular devices that can handle the straing of using dark energy.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-02, 02:31   Link #3308
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:

LOL at the shipping campaign.

So you're bringing Kluize into Dance of the Demons too?

Quote:
The campaign for the original DoW is rather straightforward, and you only play as the Space Marines. It's in Winter Assault, and especially the freeform Dark Crusade campaigns that's really pumpin!

Most of the background info for Warhammer 40K comes from the various game codexes, whose info you can look up at wiki
I guess I'll just take a look at wiki then.

Quote:
Hmmm... I never even considered that... that Dark magic somehow doesn't affect another dark magic user... what else do you have in mind?
Hey hey hey. I dont want to reveal anything right now.

But no, in case of two regular Dark Magic users, they should be able to damage each other normally. There are certain spells that are not as effective, though. The most obvious one would be Drain Magic. It should be very effective against a regular Linker Core, but not so much against a Dark one...

Quote:
Yup, did forget , mind if I respond here? You make a good point about the Necromancers... thought you were going for the impossible there As long as we're not raising people from the dead physically it should be okay
Hmm... I'll see what I can do about this one.

Quote:
And on devices... With my vision of dark magic being somewhat more destructive than regular magic, yes it would take devices specially tuned to channel dark energy to use Dark Magic. Either that, or extra-strengthened regular devices that can handle the straing of using dark energy.
At least I'd like to make Dark Magic users somewhat unique, as obviously it is not easy at all to gain a Dark Linker Core. Mai got one, but she is extremely lucky to be alive after the Balrog was killed.

So basically, engineers should not be able to enhance a device that easily so it could withstand the negative energy. Unless you mean just regularly strengthening the device.

Well, gotta go sleep now. See ya guys later.
Old 2007-07-02, 02:36   Link #3309
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
On hold? Hmmm... gives me time to develop my OC's more at least

And you seem intent on that ship there
OK. I'd like to see more of Mai, in the clean sense please, as much I wish to see more--

*chainsaw sound*

--of her l33tness! Yes l33tness!

@Erio: No, Kluize is only referenced, but his existence shall be explained there.

On KxS: Awaiting permission from both Keroko and An Hero (Keroko's a half-yes so far). The idea is so beautiful I've already got a whole lot of scenarios planned out, just need authorization to write.

@Lowe & Erio: For our Nanohaverse, since we equated dark energy/mana to Chaos energies, how about having daemons wanting to break into the material realm as being the reason why DE devices have to be strengthened in a special way? Just my $0.02.
Old 2007-07-02, 02:47   Link #3310
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
At least I'd like to make Dark Magic users somewhat unique, as obviously it is not easy at all to gain a Dark Linker Core. Mai got one, but she is extremely lucky to be alive after the Balrog was killed.

So basically, engineers should not be able to enhance a device that easily so it could withstand the negative energy. Unless you mean just regularly strengthening the device.
That's true. My idea was that engineers could strengthen a regular device to be able to use Dark Magic... but unless they can attune it to use DE, which I assume would be difficult, such a strengthened device will sooner or later crack from the pressure, as opposed to a DE-attuned device that has no difficulty in channeling such energy.

Quote:
OK. I'd like to see more of Mai, in the clean sense please, as much I wish to see more--

*chainsaw sound*

--of her l33tness! Yes l33tness!
You'll get to see more of Mai soon, do not worry

*Grins unusually wide*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
On KxS: Awaiting permission from both Keroko and An Hero (Keroko's a half-yes so far). The idea is so beautiful I've already got a whole lot of scenarios planned out, just need authorization to write.
... damn. Now waiting to see what horrors scenarios come out of your Epicsium-infested Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
@Lowe & Erio: For our Nanohaverse, since we equated dark energy/mana to Chaos energies, how about having daemons wanting to break into the material realm as being the reason why DE devices have to be strengthened in a special way? Just my $0.02.
Was wondering when you'd jump in

My take is that yes, that would be half-true. However, I had a proposal given to Erio that might require your approval, since I had a plan to distinguish between my Midchilda Type Chaos Magic and your Belka Type Chaos:

Spoiler for PM excerpt:

Thus for Belka Chaos, strengthened devices are even more important than with Midchild Chaos.

Thoughts?

Old 2007-07-02, 02:56   Link #3311
Erio
Hiromi

I... need... to go... sleep...

Quote:
Yes, Lowe already told me about your ideas for Belkan Chaos Magic. My discussion with him began when I asked him if he wanted to differentiate Dark Magic from Mai's Midchildan Chaos Magic, and he mentioned that you have ideas for Belkan Chaos Magic used by Schneiderform, if I'm not mistaken (Kha is so complicated! ).

But anyway, your Belkan Chaos Magic is the War40k stuff, where a regular mage (with what we call a regular Linker Core) can temporarily summon Dark Energy from the Naaru to use Dark Magic, but it is super unstable and as you say daemons will try to break into the material realm, etc etc.

So we invented that there are 3 types of Linker Cores: a regular Linker Core (which emits regular energy), a Dark Linker Core (which emits dark energy), and a Light Linker Core (which emits light/holy/divine energy). Dark and Light Linker Cores are extremely rare, though. As you can see in Mai's case, she "obtained" one by pure luck. She's lucky to even be alive.

And to use Dark or Chaos Magic, you need dark energy, which cannot just be transformed from regular energy. In other words, you need a Dark Linker Core, or your ideas for Belkan Chaos Magic.

Quote:
That's true. My idea was that engineers could strengthen a regular device to be able to use Dark Magic... but unless they can attune it to use DE, which I assume would be difficult, such a strengthened device will sooner or later crack from the pressure, as opposed to a DE-attuned device that has no difficulty in channeling such energy.
Or... find a device that USES Dark Energy, like Mai's.

Quote:
Thus for Belka Chaos, strengthened devices are even more important than with Midchild Chaos.

Thoughts?
Since devices just help the mage cast spells and stuff, it is not really needed. In the case of a Belka Chaos Mage, however, he sure needs one!

Argh... how can I go sleep with this discussion?
Old 2007-07-02, 03:03   Link #3312
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@Erio:

Minor mistake I need to correct, since I made that mistake originally:

That dark energy comes from the Quera, not the Naaru If I understand it correctly

Where is Kha?

And sleep? Wazzut?

Old 2007-07-02, 03:05   Link #3313
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
1. Should I just keep the Scope's size from Sniper Form, or should I shrink is as per the reference pic?

Spoiler for pic:

2. That handle ^
3. Variable Phase Shift Armor eh? Makes my job a whole lot easier
1 & 2: if the picture's the reference, I suggest you to keep it true to itself.

====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Speaking of bouncing ideas around, how's CrosyS coming? (I have no life...this is the third time I've asked. ) And on top of that, is there some sort of reference I could use for Noble Illusions? I remember you mentioning that Arcas could use those and/or a Reality Marble since his Device is Britannian.
Quote:
2. Look up Alexandra's full profile. She's created by USB500 and the earliest FSN ref to boot, beating Kha and Sakura by a few posts.
Need help?
Old 2007-07-02, 03:05   Link #3314
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
@Erio:

That dark energy comes from the Quera, not the Naaru If I understand it correctly

Where is Kha?

And sleep? Wazzut?
lol Well, you know I dont know anything about War40k.

But if not even you understand it correctly...

I hope Kha goes away, so I can go sleep.

Old 2007-07-02, 03:09   Link #3315
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
1 & 2: if the picture's the reference, I suggest you to keep it true to itself.
Gotcha... think it's time I designed a brand new rifle

Quote:
lol Well, you know I dont know anything about War40k.

But if not even you understand it correctly...

I hope Kha goes away, so I can go sleep.

Not sure, but Naaru and Quera AFAIK are Kha's designations

Old 2007-07-02, 03:10   Link #3316
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

*materializes*

You summoned me, did you?
Quote:
... damn. Now waiting to see what horrors scenarios come out of your Epicsium-infested Temple
:3

Quote:
Was wondering when you'd jump in

My take is that yes, that would be half-true. However, I had a proposal given to Erio that might require your approval, since I had a plan to distinguish between my Midchilda Type Chaos Magic and your Belka Type Chaos:

Spoiler for PM excerpt:

Thoughts?
Quote:
I... need... to go... sleep...

Yes, Lowe already told me about your ideas for Belkan Chaos Magic. My discussion with him began when I asked him if he wanted to differentiate Dark Magic from Mai's Midchildan Chaos Magic, and he mentioned that you have ideas for Belkan Chaos Magic used by Schneiderform, if I'm not mistaken (Kha is so complicated! ).

But anyway, your Belkan Chaos Magic is the War40k stuff, where a regular mage (with what we call a regular Linker Core) can temporarily summon Dark Energy from the Naaru to use Dark Magic, but it is super unstable and as you say daemons will try to break into the material realm, etc etc.

So we invented that there are 3 types of Linker Cores: a regular Linker Core (which emits regular energy), a Dark Linker Core (which emits dark energy), and a Light Linker Core (which emits light/holy/divine energy). Dark and Light Linker Cores are extremely rare, though. As you can see in Mai's case, she "obtained" one by pure luck. She's lucky to even be alive.

And to use Dark or Chaos Magic, you need dark energy, which cannot just be transformed from regular energy. In other words, you need a Dark Linker Core, or your ideas for Belkan Chaos Magic.

Or... find a device that USES Dark Energy, like Mai's.

Since devices just help the mage cast spells and stuff, it is not really needed. In the case of a Belka Chaos Mage, however, he sure needs one!
Am I that predictable?

Hmm this is correct, though Dios, being a Program, was built with a Dark Linker Core from the get-go. Nice distinction you guys made there, enough to be taken wholesale.

Just some clarifications for Belka Chaos magic for other players/writers:

For Belka Chaos magic, it is mana derived directly from the Quera, the Belka name for a special breed of static daemons that are mere agglutinations of dark mana that haven't turned rogue. Think Black Mokona type creatures. A Naaru manages these creatures as atonement for creating Kluize.

The Naaru are the beings of elemental light, and is responsible for supplying the Divine mana the Velka, and several other races of Light-worshippers, use.

It is the awakened Chaos daemons that pose a threat to a Belka user.

More on this distinction in the "Tale of the Thousand Crosses," coming soon.
Old 2007-07-02, 03:10   Link #3317
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
@Erio:

Where is Kha?

And sleep? Wazzut?
Tsuzuki: Pah sleep is overrated!! Sleep is for the weak!! Remember, say no to sleep!!
Yui:
Old 2007-07-02, 03:15   Link #3318
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Actually, this Epilogue 0 is the very first entry of Saga's profile, but for those with short-memory spans, this here's the repost. :3

Spoiler for Epilogue 0 : Repost:

Well, since reposting is kinda of a cheat, here's a short preview for Epilogue 1.

Spoiler for preview:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-02, 03:18   Link #3319
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*materializes*

You summoned me, did you?:3

Am I that predictable?

Hmm this is correct, though Dios, being a Program, was built with a Dark Linker Core from the get-go. Nice distinction you guys made there, enough to be taken wholesale.

Just some clarifications for Belka Chaos magic for other players/writers:

For Belka Chaos magic, it is mana derived directly from the Quera, the Belka name for a special breed of static daemons that are mere agglutinations of dark mana that haven't turned rogue. Think Black Mokona type creatures. A Naaru manages these creatures as atonement for creating Kluize.

The Naaru are the beings of elemental light, and is responsible for supplying the Divine mana the Velka, and several other races of Light-worshippers, use.

It is the awakened Chaos daemons that pose a threat to a Belka user.

More on this distinction in the "Tale of the Thousand Crosses," coming soon.
Good, more background to work with!

So unlike The Warp, the Quera is more of a living organism than a seperate dimensional space? Sorta unusual, yet has lots of possibilities

So now we have Dios, Mai and Oswald as confirmed pure Dark Energy users, nice

Quote:
Tsuzuki: Pah sleep is overrated!! Sleep is for the weak!! Remember, say no to sleep!!
Yui:
Now we know why Tais get's "Tais'd up"

@ Nightengale:

With the reposted chapter 0, I'm beginning to see the slight similiarities between Isdera's and Tiara's sentiments, which makes it all the more awesome.

And now awaiting Epilogue 1

Old 2007-07-02, 03:20   Link #3320
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Gotcha... think it's time I designed a brand new rifle
*fans LoweGear*

Diary of Windtalker, Charter 5, Part I is 85^ complete. Expect it to be uploaded sometimes today (if I can type it fast enough )

===================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Actually, this Epilogue 0 is the very first entry of Saga's profile, but for those with short-memory spans, this here's the repost. :3

Spoiler for Epilogue 0 : Repost:

Well, since reposting is kinda of a cheat, here's a short preview for Epilogue 1.

Spoiler for preview:
I remember that! It was posted along with Saga's profile, right? Again, it's an awesome work! *thumbs up*
Closed Thread