Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-29, 22:53   Link #3301
Gault
inc_mplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Well Nendoroid Snow Miku Snow Playtime Edition is showing up on websites that allow you to Pre-order her.

I'll think I will stick with the ToykoHunter, it's cheaper with the shipping with him.
Warning you now , TokyoHunters commission rates are fxck high compared to others

I can guide you to some cheaper proxy services
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 04:44   Link #3302
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
Warning you now , TokyoHunters commission rates are fxck high compared to others

I can guide you to some cheaper proxy services
You can beat £11 GBP?
Old 2011-02-03, 10:09   Link #3303
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Picked up my Saya Tokido and Sasami Sasasegawa today from the Depot after paying £31 in VAT and Handing fee charges (FUUU lots) making a grand total of £100 abouts for two figures... guess it's still cheaper then buying them in the UK or in the Euro, the figure would be double then.

Ah well, am very happy with the figures, but Sasami Sasasegawa doesn't slot into her base, she can slide around.

Wasn't happy with how they was packed inside the box, no bubble wrap or anything protective other then some ceiling film around the boxs. I thought HLJ would had protected them better.

Photos for Saya Tokido

Photos Sasami Sasasegawa

They very pretty, can't wait to put them in the Display case one day.

My ARIA Wallscroll and posters came today from China, about 2-3 weeks it took.

ARIA Wallscroll

Last edited by IronWarrior; 2011-02-03 at 10:20.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 12:42   Link #3304
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Kind of an impulse buy, but I had thought I had preordered the Fate movie figure that just came out recently, but I wasn't thinking and ordered it with EMS shipping which added another 50 dollars to the purchase
Old 2011-02-03, 13:16   Link #3305
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Kind of an impulse buy, but I had thought I had preordered the Fate movie figure that just came out recently, but I wasn't thinking and ordered it with EMS shipping which added another 50 dollars to the purchase
I found out today that EMS adds to the "final cost" when HM customs decides to charge you VAT/Handing fee's if you are from the UK. If you select an other shipping option like a slower one, they won't add that cost.

I need to think if I want to change my Pre-orders in March and in May to something else to try to avoid the high custom/handing charges.

I hate the fact that the half the cost of bringing these figures to the UK was postage and custom charges, £50 is a lot for these "services".
Old 2011-02-03, 13:23   Link #3306
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I really hope those sort of import fees aren't introduced here. I pay enough for the figures and postage as is. Rarely under $100 per. Which puts my current collection at $1800 and my pending orders at $1400, though there's a bit of give and take. A number of larger figures have cost more, and a few have been packaged together which saves a bit. Still safe to say over $3000 though. And a whole lot more not available for preorder yet I'll be getting too, at least another grand before the end of the year, I'm sure.

I never should have taken up figures. >.<
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:21   Link #3307
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I really hope those sort of import fees aren't introduced here. I pay enough for the figures and postage as is. Rarely under $100 per. Which puts my current collection at $1800 and my pending orders at $1400, though there's a bit of give and take. A number of larger figures have cost more, and a few have been packaged together which saves a bit. Still safe to say over $3000 though. And a whole lot more not available for preorder yet I'll be getting too, at least another grand before the end of the year, I'm sure.

I have 5 Pre-orders left with HLJ and 3 Pre-orders with Hobby Frontier. One is coming in March and the rest are in May, late May and one in June. Most likely final cost will be something between £300-£500 if I add shipping and any "custom" charges and it's only the start of the year.

Might as well stick my head in the sand now because am dreading what will be coming out later on.
Old 2011-02-03, 14:37   Link #3308
Revan21

Quote:
Same here.
GSC Tenshi will cost me exactly 100$ (mind you, it's original price is only 5000yen) but for a 8000yen GSC Rin Tohsaka I'll be paying 150$

I HATE customs, that they even charge 25% interest on the shipping price!
Old 2011-02-03, 17:00   Link #3309
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Customs tax is quite annoying. my first few figurines went through unnoticed, but now, I pay tax on each one I import. It's usually around $40, so I'm usually prepared for it whenever I go pick up my shipment from the Post Office (since I'm never home when they deliver it), but it still sucks.

The only pre-order I have left at HLJ is ALTER Ritsu and after I get her, I'll probably refrain from acquiring any new stuff, especially if my financial situation doesn't get any better in the near future. It's just too costly to continue without solid funds to back it up.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:00   Link #3310
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

For you people in countries that do that import tax or whatever they call it where you are, couldn't you get a friend to buy it and send it to you as a gift in discreet packaging, and just give them the money + their postage costs? Surely it would be cheaper than paying ~$40 just to pick it up. Though I guess it is more of a delay. And you'd need a trustworthy friend to do so.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:40   Link #3311
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Sure that would work, 1, 2, 3 times being marked as "Gift"

but customs aren't stupid, together with automatic tracking of how many parcels someone recieves (You could be a terrorist you know)
coupled with a crisis in which they raised a good lot of taxes and needing more of your hard earned money, it won't be long before they knock at your door

I also see trouble finding a friend that I use as just a friend for sending me packages
Old 2011-02-03, 22:05   Link #3312
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

If there's no invoice on the shipment, I don't see how they can charge you some sort of duty/tax for it. No proof you've paid for it at all. A gift should be a gift. :\
Old 2011-02-04, 02:03   Link #3313
crall

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, at least not where i live. When you import something (from outside of the EU) you need to pay import taxes, even if it's a gift. One of the the few (the only?) exceptions are the goods you bring with you when you move here from another country.
Therefore marking a package with 'Gift* changes nothing and to make things worse, if it gets caught in customs, they'll send you a letter to inform you that you need to send them documentation of what the shipment contains and what it's worth. Thereafter they'll work out how much tax you need to pay before it can be delivered. If you fail to do this, well, I guess they'll just hold on to the package until they eventually dispose of it.
crall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 02:27   Link #3314
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crall View Post
Therefore marking a package with 'Gift* changes nothing and to make things worse, if it gets caught in customs, they'll send you a letter to inform you that you need to send them documentation of what the shipment contains and what it's worth. Thereafter they'll work out how much tax you need to pay before it can be delivered. If you fail to do this, well, I guess they'll just hold on to the package until they eventually dispose of it.
Hm, how problematic. I sent a friend in Finland some old computer hardware recently as he's building a new(ish) machine and I replace mine regularly so always have spare parts. I did mark the value on the declaration to be like $25, and that it was a gift... I hope they don't charge him for it. ;.; I sent it to him because he doesn't have money to throw around.
Old 2011-02-04, 09:57   Link #3315
crall

Quote:
Hm, how problematic. I sent a friend in Finland some old computer hardware recently as he's building a new(ish) machine and I replace mine regularly so always have spare parts. I did mark the value on the declaration to be like $25, and that it was a gift... I hope they don't charge him for it. ;.; I sent it to him because he doesn't have money to throw around.
To make sure I remembered things correctly, I took a look at the rules posted on the custom office's homepage.

Turns out gifts can be exempt from import taxes, but you/it have to fulfill certain criteria.

#1 It's a 'occasional' shipment with items for personal use. (i.e. a grandmother can, probably, send her grandchildren birthday/Christmas presents without worry, as long as she also follows rule number 2).
#2 The value of the items doesn't exceed 500sek (that's a little less than $80 at todays exchange rate)

So, as long as Finland has similar rules there's no need to worry.
crall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 21:51   Link #3316
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
If there's no invoice on the shipment, I don't see how they can charge you some sort of duty/tax for it. No proof you've paid for it at all. A gift should be a gift. :\
Governments

...better at extorting money from hardworking people than organized crime
(Double meaning in that sentence)
Old 2011-02-06, 01:48   Link #3317
klare

figmas @ wonfes: http://zotaku.com/2011/02/06/wonder-...igma-coverage/
Old 2011-02-06, 06:31   Link #3318
Revan21

^ I only want Kaiji
Old 2011-02-06, 07:19   Link #3319
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Anyone know anything about CM's Horo? I've looked at their site and googled around and found very little... first saw her on MFC: CM Corp Horo

Googling only uncovered a couple more pics, no real info on release etc. She's the best looking Horo I've seen to date, so I want her. ;.;
Old 2011-02-06, 10:33   Link #3320
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Edit: There was a problem with an unreliable image host, fixed that one now. This is the Figma #100, Miku Append. Some people are allready complaining about her beeing barefeet.

Pretty much instaget for me. Max Factory, please take my money. Take it all.

Last edited by Syntron; 2011-02-06 at 12:28.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote