AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-19, 07:06   Link #3301
Sol Falling

Wait a sec. Medaka absorbing Bookmaker? Think about that for a second. Would that not be, wholly and singularly, way ridiculously broken?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 07:36   Link #3302
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Wait a sec. Medaka absorbing Bookmaker? Think about that for a second. Would that not be, wholly and singularly, way ridiculously broken?
Yeah, it would. If Bookmaker makes the person Kumagawa uses it on like him, if Medaka absorbed it, we'd end up with a world full of Medakas. I think the entire universe would implode at that point.
Old 2011-03-19, 08:39   Link #3303
Doc Astaroth

RAW 91:

Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 10:44   Link #3304
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
RAW 91:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for 91:
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 11:30   Link #3305
summers

does anyone remember this strange event during kumagawa's fight with zen
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...8/c069/16.html
How did he do this? he could hear and see them and vice-versa, and then they were able to hear him.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 16:04   Link #3306
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
does anyone remember this strange event during kumagawa's fight with zen
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...8/c069/16.html
How did he do this? he could hear and see them and vice-versa, and then they were able to hear him.
he must have made the distance effects nothing... >.>
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 18:35   Link #3307
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
RAW 91:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-19 at 18:49.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 03:55   Link #3308
zeando
maybenotimome

chapter 90 scanlated it out
lol kumagawa with his new minus backfired xD
he was sure making others like himself would be only a way to torture others, but he ignored that becoming so similar makes them to be more empatic and to understand better each others, which is what medaka want and kumagawa avoid
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 06:11   Link #3309
Last Carpet

I know that with these newer chapters we're probably supposed to be thinking something like

"Will Misogi win?"
"Will Medaka finally succeed and reform him when she couldn't do it the first time"

But all I can think about is Zenkichi. We all know Medaka is going to win, no one doubts that, even if she tried to lose she couldn't. I honestly hope that when she wins Zenkichi will leave. He made it his mission to protect someone who doesn't need his protection. Up until Middle School she never actually needed his help with anything, and she doesn't even need it now.

After her first bout with Misogi, he acquired a purpose "Protect Medaka from emotional harm". If she beats him now, she'll have inadvertently taken Zenkichi's purpose taken from him. He's basically a blank slate for character development. And he'd seem to fit the "Noble Warrior Who's Lost His Way" slate almost perfectly. If there's nothing for him by Medaka's side, he could easily try and find himself by joining Class -13.

Am I the only one who feels that both Medaka and Zenkichi could better develop if he chose evil?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 07:29   Link #3310
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i'm going with the "manga is nearing it's end theory"
wrapping up the kumagawa fight in 2 chapters? srsly?
i guess this'll be the last tankobon
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 07:57   Link #3311
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I know that with these newer chapters we're probably supposed to be thinking something like

"Will Misogi win?"
"Will Medaka finally succeed and reform him when she couldn't do it the first time"

But all I can think about is Zenkichi. We all know Medaka is going to win, no one doubts that, even if she tried to lose she couldn't. I honestly hope that when she wins Zenkichi will leave. He made it his mission to protect someone who doesn't need his protection. Up until Middle School she never actually needed his help with anything, and she doesn't even need it now.

After her first bout with Misogi, he acquired a purpose "Protect Medaka from emotional harm". If she beats him now, she'll have inadvertently taken Zenkichi's purpose taken from him. He's basically a blank slate for character development. And he'd seem to fit the "Noble Warrior Who's Lost His Way" slate almost perfectly. If there's nothing for him by Medaka's side, he could easily try and find himself by joining Class -13.

Am I the only one who feels that both Medaka and Zenkichi could better develop if he chose evil?
I agree that something like this could happening and I said something like this in other my posts.
I see it as a possible scenario after this fight is over, but there is another possibility besides the -13 class and is Najimi herself she is a wild card I mean I can totally imagine that Najimi will provide a new purposen a this Zen demoralized that you described.
After all Najimi told Zen to come back to her when the election was over and I can see that after a long talk (and maybe even Zen remember Ajimu )that Zen decided to create a third faction that wants fairness and nuetral between Plus, Minus and normal persons and this is probably what Najimi herself want, so I would not be surprised if she decides to give him full support.
In this scenario I guess Zen side would be composed of Minus plus and people who want to stop this war between plus and minus or only help Zen and at least I'm sure three people would help him for sure (other that Najimi) and they are Shiranui ,Munakata and Mukae.
And seriously I would prefer this scenario to that of Zen is allied to the class -13.

And side note why Medaka says she loves everyone even Kumagawa using the word "Love" and never used this word with Zen but just "like" with him?

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-20 at 13:46.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 11:36   Link #3312
Iron21

lol, Nishio is seriously about to go this route.

I see why Shiranui set this all up.

Poor Zen, when he confessed he didn't get shit back. When Kumagawa confessed, Medaka technically said it back two times.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 11:44   Link #3313
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Man, this is as badly cliche as you can get. Please don't give me another heel-face turn. Why can't Kumagawa want to take Medaka down just because he wants to? No love or anything else involved. Sigh... Here I thought Nishio might do something different after all his talk about the darker side of shounen manga and then we get this. Hoping that he's got some twist happening instead of playing this straight.

And I feel bad for Zen, as well. Yeah, Medaka's words didn't mean the love between two people, most likely, but after all Zen's went through to protect her, it still had to hurt hearing that. Unless, of course, Nishio wants to keep Zen as the slave to Medaka's will that he's always been. I'd prefer him to break away on his own as he'll never really amount to anything more than a shadow if he doesn't.
Old 2011-03-20, 13:02   Link #3314
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

That was an entertaining chapter. Threw some curve balls I wasn't expecting and the exchange between Medaka and Kumagawa was enjoyable. Kumagawa has remained one of my favorite characters throughout this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i'm going with the "manga is nearing it's end theory"
wrapping up the kumagawa fight in 2 chapters? srsly?
i guess this'll be the last tankobon
Thats a possibility but all things considered it doesn't really have to atm. We have had this feeling at various points of the series but it kept rolling along so who knows. I'd give it a 50/50 chance.

Also Medaka's fights have almost never been long ones. The longest one I think was actually against Unzen and that was before she powered up several times. Her battles tend to be more about ideals/character-driven than just beating the crap out of her opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post

"Will Misogi win?"

The problem here is probably that you are putting too much focus on Zenkichi and needlessly complicating his character. He is pretty much straight-forward and not that complex in his motives.

He was fine being next to Medaka for years before Kumagawa popped back up the first time. He technically didn't need a reason to be there then and he probably doesn't need a specific reason now. Chances are he just likes being around her and everything that entails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Man, this is as badly cliche as you can get. Please don't give me another heel-face turn. Why can't Kumagawa want to take Medaka down just because he wants to? No love or anything else involved. Sigh... Here I thought Nishio might do something different after all his talk about the darker side of shounen manga and then we get this. Hoping that he's got some twist happening instead of playing this straight.

And I feel bad for Zen, as well. Yeah, Medaka's words didn't mean the love between two people, most likely, but after all Zen's went through to protect her, it still had to hurt hearing that. Unless, of course, Nishio wants to keep Zen as the slave to Medaka's will that he's always been. I'd prefer him to break away on his own as he'll never really amount to anything more than a shadow if he doesn't.
There might be another twist but part of "reforming" Kumagawa was that he wasn't going to be able to completely cling to his twisted view of the world. I'm sure he will keep being an oddball but he isn't going to be the massive threat he has been so far in the story.

Well, he knows Medaka "loves everyone" so unless they started dating or something I doubt it will bug him that much. Also when has Zenkichi ever truly said and meant that he doesn't like being around Medaka? Zenkichi clearly isn't as ambitious as the fandom thinks he is or whatever and his character has never really been about making it out on his own.

He just simply enjoys being around Medaka and hasn't shown any lasting reasons why that would change. Its not like Mr. Unchangeable is Shiranui and can't stand Medaka's existence.
Old 2011-03-20, 13:09   Link #3315
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I just feel Zen should want to get a life of his own. He may be content just being around Medaka, but that's really no way to live. He needs to get himself a girlfriend or something.
Old 2011-03-20, 13:18   Link #3316
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
I just feel Zen should want to get a life of his own. He may be content just being around Medaka, but that's really no way to live. He needs to get himself a girlfriend or something.
Well, there is Emukae and Medaka did give her blessing to them about it lol.
Old 2011-03-20, 13:39   Link #3317
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I think your forgetting that Zenkichi ironically like Medaka doesn't have a concept of love in the usual sense. The whole saying he wants to eat Emukae's miso soup every morning kinda proved this, as does his casual saying I love you to Shiranui. I don't think he loves Medaka in that sorta way, and doesn't even seem to want that sort of relationship. He's pretty much like Medaka except he doesn't love everyone only people he believes that want to be happy/people he likes. Which puts him also in Medaka's strange position of not really loving anyone.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 14:16   Link #3318
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I think your forgetting that Zenkichi ironically like Medaka doesn't have a concept of love in the usual sense. The whole saying he wants to eat Emukae's miso soup every morning kinda proved this, as does his casual saying I love you to Shiranui. I don't think he loves Medaka in that sorta way, and doesn't even seem to want that sort of relationship. He's pretty much like Medaka except he doesn't love everyone only people he believes that want to be happy/people he likes. Which puts him also in Medaka's strange position of not really loving anyone.
I just thought he was dense, like your normal shounen guys are. :P
Old 2011-03-20, 14:33   Link #3319
summers

kumagawa falls in love easily with people better than himself. i dont think that is really the reason he is doing this though, it just a part of it. i think his love for amuju, zens mom and medaka are real and it pisses him of how they blow it off, tease him, or dont mean it in the same he does. i think this highlights another point about how people interact with minuses. the only reason the student council are talking about understanding minuses is because they dont want them to cause trouble, if they did not come and cause a ruckus in the school they would have ignored them as usual.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 14:34   Link #3320
Johnny
Working the bags...

Zenkichi is nothing without Medaka. Hell, he's not even been the male lead for the past 20 or so chapters as Kumagawa took that role. Is that the cause for it's rankings to be in the toilet? Who knows, but I can say that this past chapter will have the Medaka/Zenkichi fanboys raging hard. And wouldn't be surprised if it actually falls below that Shinigami and Oumagadoki mangas. Even though we all know Medaka doesn't really mean anything deep with her confession...

As for Medaka's current state. Hasn't there already been a Medaka turned bad for a brief time incident? I doubt Nisio would pull the same turn Medaka evil stunt...

The most interesting character out of the whole cast is Ajimu. Maybe it's because she's not been giving alot of chapter time, or that she's still a big mystery. I seen recent comments about Kumagawa holding out until other minuses can show up and finish everyone off. I wouldn't be completely surprised if Ajimu is the one that shows up. Her powers seem over 9000 when compared to Kumagawa that it's sort hard to believe that she's actually dead...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council