AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 17:04   Link #3361
Wargumm1i
Hentai

That would be a bit lame, im suspecting they will still be viewed as criminals and have too flee back too the human world, and then another arc starts, where there are bounty hunters hunting them down in the real world.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 20:07   Link #3362
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
plus MIA Mana/Takamichi.
Actually, after this long I'm rather expecting those two to simply vanish into a plot hole. When the class gets back to school both of them will simply be there, with no sign they ever left or had any involvement in things (nor will there EVER be any such sign). Their part of the magic world plot line will simply be abandoned.

Kind of like what happened to the part Zazie was supposed to have during the festival arc. No, I'm not bitter.

And just in case you don't think I already have enough cynicism in this post...
Quote:
It will be eventually, just like with Ala Rubra. They were framed by Fate -> became wanted criminals -> saved the world -> turned into heros.

Hmmm... I'm seeing a similar pattern happening to Negi and gang.
I'm thinking it will go more like "framed -> became criminals -> saved world -> nobody else ever realized the world was in danger so it didn't change a thing -> still criminals."
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 00:49   Link #3363
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
What I'm scared is that there is a possibility that someone will op that op artefact in the future >.>
Well with all this "Negi is super, mega, ultra, turbo, etc. genius" I wouldn't be at all surprised if in few days he found out new ways to use all those artifacts that the girls couldn't come up with despite months of training...

Eh I want Negima to return to being a bishojo manga with shonen elements, and not some DBZ fightan with sweaty men punching each other for a whole volume.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 11:04   Link #3364
KimmyChan

I've only read the first volume so far but thoroughly enjoyed it & has left me wanting to read the rest of the series
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 11:12   Link #3365
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
I've only read the first volume so far but thoroughly enjoyed it & has left me wanting to read the rest of the series
Go for it It's awesome until volume 20, and still very good after that.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 11:14   Link #3366
KimmyChan

I shall invest in more volumes of it very soon then As it's still 20+ volumes and ongoing at the minute
Old 2009-04-24, 15:53   Link #3367
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Go for it It's awesome until volume 20, and still very good after that.
The official English translations could use some work, though. One of the worst examples is actually in the recently released volume 21, Chapter 193. Kotaru's little 'get a hold of yourself, man' speech to Negi goes from being something decently profound: "Isn't a comrade someone you can believe in without any basis at all?" (and deserving of the shocked look on Negi's face, the smile from Chisame, and of being stored in Chachamaru's "words of wisdom" folder) to "I believe it because I know. I'm your friend and I'm telling you for a reason."

What, in Heaven's name, is that supposed to mean? That doesn't even make SENSE, let alone deserve the sort of reaction the original comment got. I don't read Japanese, but the scanlated version sure suited the reaction better than the official. And that's just one example. There are plenty of cases where the mood is killed due to translation choices.

So... yeah. I buy the manga to soothe my sense of ethics, but I think everyone is better off actually READING the scanlations.
Old 2009-04-24, 16:03   Link #3368
KimmyChan

I'm hoping that all of the volumes are fairly easy to get hold of here in the UK to buy
Old 2009-04-24, 19:27   Link #3369
Pong

I've been rereading some of the more interesting parts of the manga and stumbled upon something interesting. In chapter 53 when Eshuin, Negi and Evangeline are discussing about Fate why does Chief acts like he don't know anything. I mean c'mon he must remember him. He even using the same fricking name. He proly was for some reason trying to keep Negi in the dark but why?

Also one more thing. How it possible that Ayaka was able to find that Nagi was last seen in the Istanbul and Eshuin wasn't?

I think that theres more to Nagi disappearance thatn meets the eye... something they dont want Negi to find out.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:18   Link #3370
Xacual

I think the whole Nagi disappearance is obvious that there is more to it, about Ayaka finding stuff out about Nagi though it could always just be information forged by the magic world to hide something.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:25   Link #3371
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I know its crazy, it may just be one of my wild theories, but what if Nagi found third world?

I mean okei there is the magic world and there is the real world or atleast Earth, so whats stopping from there being a third one? all im saying that what if Nagi found this third world and well got caught up in its mess and etc etc.

I say this yet again its just one of my theories nothing more.
Old 2009-04-24, 20:54   Link #3372
Pong

That's.... actually pretty good theory
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 23:58   Link #3373
BerryDoyle

That is a very good theory, and sort of reminds me of Digimon, what with the real world, the Digital world, and a bunch of other worlds that we get glimpses of. Maybe a similar thing will happen in Negima?

Although, I think that the fact that Nagi disappeared in Istanbul is important, because in volume 6, when Negi is speaking with Eishun, Eishun mentions that Fate came from the Istanbul Magic association. There must be a connection between the two, but everything I come up with sounds stupid when I say it out loud. I just don't have enough info to come up with good theories.

One theory that doesn't sound as stupid: Fate wants to cause problems in both the real and magic worlds, right? So maybe he's from said third world, and the portal to that world is in Istanbul. Or something similar.

Last edited by BerryDoyle; 2009-04-25 at 00:01. Reason: My original theory was stupid. This one is better.
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 03:45   Link #3374
KimmyChan

One thing I do love about this series is all of the detail Ken Akamatsu puts into his work
Old 2009-04-25, 13:17   Link #3375
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
One thing I do love about this series is all of the detail Ken Akamatsu puts into his work
Indeed thats also something he pulls of by taking more breaks or material gathering.
Old 2009-04-25, 14:28   Link #3376
KimmyChan

Every page is full of illustrativve delight, especially in this series, and it's very enjoyable
Old 2009-04-25, 19:45   Link #3377
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Yep. Aside from all the fanservice, what I dig is all the background lore, attention to details, and yes, I love the fights.

I do wish he'd remember real!Asuna, Takamichi and Mana...

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 20:12   Link #3378
Xacual

Its not really remembering characters so much as waiting for the moment to bring them back into the story. I'm betting we'll see Takamichi and Mana soon. Asuna and Anya depends on when/if Negi figure out Fate's hideout or starts looking for Anya in earnest since she and Yue are the only unaccountable members of the group now right?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-04-25 at 23:32.
Old 2009-04-25, 23:24   Link #3379
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm betting we'll see Takamichi and Mana soon.
Haven't people been saying that for the last 50 chapters?
Old 2009-04-25, 23:26   Link #3380
Xacual

Well I just mean that since the whole Rakan / slave / arena arc finished, I'd think that now would be a good time to get an update on them. I'm just guessing though!

Tags
action, fantasy