Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-16, 02:31   Link #321
Sanjiyan
Flag Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
..... Isn't it the time for him to make himself usefull to the party?? He doesn't does much for his party though. Iruga and Judia + Takius seems to do all the job.

Let's not forget that Roan was the official bag/luggage carrier of the group, particularly for Yuufa. Hence he is not entirely useless. Maybe all the time he got his ass kicked by the enemies buy the other members of the party some time to cast spell, reload arrow and generally find an opening for attack. So there, another use for him. [as a punching bag]
Old 2004-07-16, 15:53   Link #322
Offercode

Need to rant about episode 15
Spoiler:

Well that's my rant, kinda feel better now so yay
Old 2004-07-16, 18:08   Link #323
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Heh, just seeing that makes me think that Roan will join the darkside later on since he's become power hungry.
Spoiler:

I got a question for RO players. Is the Knight class more popular than the Crusade or vice versa?
Old 2004-07-16, 20:24   Link #324
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Roan The Protector?

I don't think so. Worst strategist maybe.

1st rule of Protecting someone, NEVER, NEVER let the enemy near the person you are protecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I got a question for RO players. Is the Knight class more popular than the Crusade or vice versa?
There was an old poll in Ragnamart site. Result was 50/50.
Knight versus Crusader.

Roan was a punchbag when he was a swordie, being a int crusader is not surprising seeing that he likes to take the damages of his friends. Seems like he's fond of using Devotion skill.

P.S. i think it should have been Keo-nisan. But you do get the pic, ne...

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-07-16 at 20:35.
Old 2004-07-16, 22:24   Link #325
g33k
Just another anime fool

Send a message via MSN to g33k
i totally agree.... that strat was very stupid of him.
Anyway ive seen that the anime is kinda not following the game.... im a lvl 99 sader.. and my reflect shield cannot return enough dmg to kill a Clock Tower Manager with 1 hit, lets just say they trying to make battles shorter.

Oh and judging that Roan had shield bommerang, reflect shield, holy croos, grand cross and devotion plus 10 faith Wouldnt that make him at least job lvl 40 or something how did he get that many job in so short notice (all u thinking Roan may have heal its impossible.... to get to devotion u have to almost sacrifice getting heal Crusader Skill Tree only in private servers u can get both and that is if theres a resetter)

Devotion at entire party was way kool... but... didnt u guys see only 1 clock tower manager attacked at a time... :S arent they aggresive that would mean all of them would attack at sight

Btw: What happened to Guard (the skill) i allways use it... i wonder why Roan didnt...

Last edited by g33k; 2004-07-16 at 22:35.
Old 2004-07-16, 22:34   Link #326
manly_madonna

Roan may not have had a lot of redeeming qualities before, however, you saw that he was doing all he could to protect everyone. He wasn't up on a high horse, he wasn't acting like a badass. In fact, I'm willing to say he was even less careless than he was in ep 15. Dumb, weak, naive, slow witted, and useless, but he always gave his all and never asked for anything in return. That includes the trust of his party members.

My guess, ep 16 is going to be about Roan learning his ain't as cool as he thought he'd be. At the moment, Roan's action are reminding me of a young Skywalker. I think he's tasted too much power too young, he's arrogant of his abilities, he rash, and careless. Yes, he more powerful, but, as Bapho kindly put it, "Strength is not everything."

However, I will say, he did make the correct calls when he was bossing everyone around. The team was starting to remind me of a bad ep of Sailor Moon where the characters stood around while the enemy attacks them. Then, the guy(Iruga), would swoop down, save their asses for a second, and Takius/Julia would deliver the last blow.
Old 2004-07-16, 23:12   Link #327
Sanrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k
i totally agree.... that strat was very stupid of him.
Anyway ive seen that the anime is kinda not following the game.... im a lvl 99 sader.. and my reflect shield cannot return enough dmg to kill a Clock Tower Manager with 1 hit, lets just say they trying to make battles shorter.

Oh and judging that Roan had shield bommerang, reflect shield, holy croos, grand cross and devotion plus 10 faith Wouldnt that make him at least job lvl 40 or something how did he get that many job in so short notice (all u thinking Roan may have heal its impossible.... to get to devotion u have to almost sacrifice getting heal Crusader Skill Tree only in private servers u can get both and that is if theres a resetter)

Devotion at entire party was way kool... but... didnt u guys see only 1 clock tower manager attacked at a time... :S arent they aggresive that would mean all of them would attack at sight

Btw: What happened to Guard (the skill) i allways use it... i wonder why Roan didnt...
Well, the series doesn't really tell you how much time had lapsed between episode 13 (when Roan met the female crusader) and 14. He could have been training for a whole year with his sensei, and then come saving them at CT. Time flows at a different rate than in real life, you know.
Old 2004-07-16, 23:28   Link #328
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
Roan The Protector?

1st rule of Protecting someone, NEVER, NEVER let the enemy near the person you are protecting.
I'm glad someone noticed this too...if I was Keough, I would have slashed Yuufa and Iruga right there and then attack... damn Roan getting all cocky... ...

episode 15 was alright... but I really wish that they animated the fighting/action scenes a bit better... it's reminding me so much of Final Fantasy Unlimited with the looped/over-used attack animations...
Old 2004-07-16, 23:33   Link #329
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanrio
Well, the series doesn't really tell you how much time had lapsed between episode 13 (when Roan met the female crusader) and 14. He could have been training for a whole year with his sensei, and then come saving them at CT. Time flows at a different rate than in real life, you know.
Tank and botting are the secrets for faster level ups.

And for the time in which Roan became a crusader, what the hell was Yuufa and he Merc girl doing...
practicing their scream-for-help call?

But because of that crusader thingy, i decided too add this to my list to watch anime. I hope more interesting things happens ... like Yuffa becoming a priestess..or a monk
Old 2004-07-18, 14:34   Link #330
pucca123

i can't download it >.< theres that triangle with a "!" in it. gues that means its some kind of error huh? :P anyway around it tho?? i really want to watch itt!!
Old 2004-07-18, 15:42   Link #331
Xburnout
Cake>Pie.

All episodes after 8 are screwed up, and I really want to watch it... Bastards.
Old 2004-07-18, 22:31   Link #332
pucca123

AHHHHHklsjfakjf i NEED TO WATCH EPISODE 15!! i must....i need..i want....i will? can anyone send it to me personally??
Old 2004-07-18, 23:24   Link #333
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
Roan The Protector?

I thought i'm the only one who realise this, i damn agree with you Master Ran. If i were to protect someone he/she would be by my side or back.

But then again, maybe that Egotistical Roan thought that he can cast Devotion faster than Keough Attacks which makes Keough attacks useless on Yuufa. Anyway, i agree that Roan is too much in this episode.

He don't care about Iruga which seems to be under a great pain, and just wanted to continue the journey saying "Don't Worry I'm here". Someone really got to teach him some lessons. I don't think Baphomet teaching works on him, and on the other hand.... why don't Yuufa just heal Iruga??????????????????

I think i know what will happen next:

1. Roan going too much and get a tight slap from Yuufa.
2. Yuufa cried and leaves Roan saying "Thats no need to protect only me when all the other party members is dying."
3. Roan was left alone wondering again.
4. Roan think of his own mistake, and what went wrong...?
5. Meet with Baphomet?? And get some lessons from him.
6. Come back to his senses, and *poof* we get back our old Swordie Roan.

Or

5. Meet with those bad bad guys from the underworld.
6. Turn Roan into their gang like Keough.
7. Yuufa finally change into the beautiful and sexy Priestess.... (Nose Bleeding)
8. Roan come and kick the party ass with Keough.
9. Yuufa "HEAL" Roan back to his ownself.

I think this might happen in the following plot... and i'm really looking forward if Roan would ever turn Evil....(Wondering how would a fallen crusader looks like?)
Old 2004-07-18, 23:31   Link #334
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, that EVIL grin Roan made after a Grand Cross is really funny IMO

Yup, I totally agree that a monk Yuufa would rock, priestess would be boring

And where is Roan's "master"? I want to see more of that Crusader girl! she's supposed to be Roan's master/teacher/supervisor or something right?
OMG...now that you mention... i never thought of Yuufa becoming a Monk...well... still i think Yuufa looks better as a Priestess... (Nose Bleeding) Take alook...all the other party members is virtually Offenssive. They seriously need someone who can support them, and i don't think Roan can heal. So higher possibility for Yuufa to change into Priestess.

Yea~ I want to see more of Roan's Master... she seems to like the Grown up version of Yuufa... man... does she looks and sounds cool... LOLZ
Old 2004-07-19, 06:48   Link #335
akutarou

The fact that Roan killed the Golden Thiefbug while he was a swordsman already proved that job type nor base/job lvl was considered a factor while making this anime. And if I'm not mistaken, Clock tower managers are not aggresive, tho they are cast sensitive.
Old 2004-07-19, 07:49   Link #336
Chicken

I'd still like to see Roan go crazy again!
Old 2004-07-19, 11:54   Link #337
Cpl-Hicks

what happened

what happened to shinsen-ragnamart? heh i cant get eps 14 and 15 nooooo =P
Old 2004-07-19, 16:10   Link #338
Offercode

Quote:
Originally Posted by akutarou
The fact that Roan killed the Golden Thiefbug while he was a swordsman already proved that job type nor base/job lvl was considered a factor while making this anime. And if I'm not mistaken, Clock tower managers are not aggresive, tho they are cast sensitive.
Nitpicking: Death Branch Summons are always agressive
Old 2004-07-19, 22:38   Link #339
Xburnout
Cake>Pie.

what happened to 11-15 can someone send me them?
Old 2004-07-20, 00:44   Link #340
manly_madonna

A possibility of a future ep:

Keuogh: Roan...I am...your...father's...wife's...husband's....only son's...best friend's...brother...now...join me...on the dark side...

Roan: Meh...why not.
Closed Thread