AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-01, 20:58   Link #321
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I wouldn't advise farmiing U-material in Barehard The giant birds are sometimes hard to beat with the party you have now

Also CS 1 is okay on it's own but you probably need some prior knowledge for CS 2 since it's the 'start getting real' part of CS.

Quote:
I think the real issue in playing TitCS before TitS is your going miss all the added tweaks the newer games have.
Yeah, it's kind of hard back to spamming arts in SC when you're used with Craft in CS. Also FC and SC are really outdated when I realized some of the arts I usually use in later games aren't in there yet It's one of the reason why I probably want to wait for TC Evo instead of playing the original TC right now.
Quote:
I... really want to buy this game's soundtrack.
The album is up on Itunes if you don't mind using the applications. Bought one from there too because I don't know where else to get digital download

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 22:09   Link #322
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
W00t! Just when I'm complaining about a the drop rate, out of nowhere I do get a Luck quartz! It doesn't seem to improve chances to obtain U-material that much, but it's something I guess.

And man

Spoiler for Trails in the Sky to Cold Steel:

Yeah, seriously. It's really good stuff so far even coming off the TitS games.

It's really not necessary. Yeah, sure you will gain even greater appreciation for callbacks, setting and various subtle plot threads, but CS still very enjoyable on it own. It's helps that while narrative is part of overarching story, CS doesn't lean on how much of you know about happened in the Liberl (or Crossbel ones for that matter) games understand it's own plot. Anyone can always go back to the older games afterward. I think the real issue in playing TitCS before TitS is your going miss all the added tweaks the newer games have.
Spoiler for Spoiler answer:

I do believe that those callbacks and picking up on those references and subtle hints about the plot are quite important

Yes, I can see that for a new player it would not matter and is a good jumping point, nonetheless i'd still recommend that they try the TitS series first. i'm not forcing anyone, just giving a recommendation!
Old 2016-01-02, 08:06   Link #323
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just started chapter 5. I'm almost completely sure that Rean's harem includes most if not all the girls on campus.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 08:41   Link #324
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Just started chapter 5. I'm almost completely sure that Rean's harem includes most if not all the girls on campus.
Lol you probably should talk more with the NPC I think only small portion of girls (excluding main characters) had shown straight affection towards him. Most of them has their own pairing or...uh, personal hobby *looking at a certain literature senpai

Old 2016-01-02, 09:45   Link #325
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Yes, from what I can remember it's mostly the "important" NPCs who Rean makes unconsciously fall for him .

As for playing the previous entries: Obviously, it's always better to get the whole picture and a nice aha-feeling if you notice recurring elements or subtle hints. But if you are like me and are really horrible at noticing those small meta stuff, have a memory that doesn't memorise everything equally well , you either won't notice the tidbits even if they jump in your face, or you wouldn't even know that there's something to pay attention to (in case of a complete newcomer).

Again, I'm not a good/positive example of a gamer, but I played FC, watched the ending of SC, (a bad@ss boss battle video of TitS the 3rd), played Zero + Ao in Japanese (with a bare minimum of jp. knowledge for these caliber of stories). Yet when I got Sen 1 my memory of Trails in the Sky First Chapter was really hazy, except for remembering characters, and had still a great time nontheless.

So it also depends on what someone considers a good playing experience (not to be mistaken with a full/complete experience!). I have rather low-ish expectation . So yeah, if the time, money and patience to play through every available game is there, the chronological approach is definitely recommended but I've read quite a few opinions that - at least for TitS FC - the first few chapters were really boring and enough for a reason to potentially quit before shiz has the chance to hit the fan.

Last edited by Mahou; 2016-01-02 at 17:07.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 16:09   Link #326
Iron Maw
Banned

Fie is the best.

(Sorry for low quality grabs, first time using PS3's screenshot function and my TV is an SD one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I wouldn't advise farmiing U-material in Barehard The giant birds are sometimes hard to beat with the party you have now

Also CS 1 is okay on it's own but you probably need some prior knowledge for CS 2 since it's the 'start getting real' part of CS.
Oh tell me about it. Those thing have way too much HP and other monster do have barely every drop because it is a rare material. -_-

Seriously Falcom grinding for this isn't fun, please don't do it again.

Quote:
Yeah, it's kind of hard back to spamming arts in SC when you're used with Craft in CS. Also FC and SC are really outdated when I realized some of the arts I usually use in later games aren't in there yet It's one of the reason why I probably want to wait for TC Evo instead of playing the original TC right now.
To be fair some of Arts aren't there or usable for plot and lore reasons, like Sliver Thorn (freaking Loewe) which BTW used to be an endgame/high level spell. Hell in FC combat orbments only had six slots to start with and wasn't until tech advancements in every game starting from SC till now that we got some truly powerful stuff.

Still one of things I've come to like about this series is how technology has progress in the stories and how it is reflected in it's gameplay. I'm in Crossbell there are basically building the internet and they barely had computers two years ago (only military and Zeiss Central Factory in Liberl had access computing and data processing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler answer:

I do believe that those callbacks and picking up on those references and subtle hints about the plot are quite important

Yes, I can see that for a new player it would not matter and is a good jumping point, nonetheless i'd still recommend that they try the TitS series first. i'm not forcing anyone, just giving a recommendation!
Oh yes I get what your saying, I'm point is exactly that in regards to CS1. CS2 is an different case however.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 18:09   Link #327
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I probably should ask this sooner but is it worth investing in new equipment for all your character every chapter? I'm looking at like +50 increased in STR for each new gear, but it's blowing a hole in my budget each time.

I can't cover the cost just by fighting monsters.

(Not to mention buying all those Master Quartz)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 18:25   Link #328
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I think I didn't upgrade every time, so you should be fine if you have otherwise no real problems with the enemies.

Alternatively, the money method from the JP wiki may help a little. You need Eliotte in your party and it revolves simply around cooking Omelettes and selling them . It's "only" 1980 per max. quantity but fast to make as the ingredients are easily available in the respective store(s).
Old 2016-01-02, 22:41   Link #329
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

@Iron Maw: Yeah, I love the world building they describe for Erebonia and why Orbal net, for example hasn't been widely accepted there yet.

Fie has such great lines later on too! I wish I snapped some of them. >_<
Old 2016-01-02, 23:00   Link #330
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Oh tell me about it. Those thing have way too much HP and other monster do have barely every drop because it is a rare material. -_-
On my 1st play I preferred to farm in ch 3. While the enemy hits hard and has tons of HP, it's easier to build CP and more of your characters have S craft by the time you get there so it's easier to kill Right now I don't farm anymore and basically only upgrades 2-3 characters weps and save the remaining material for next chapter

Old 2016-01-03, 04:09   Link #331
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just started Chapter 6. I'm starting to think that this game is more of a prologue of sorts and that the second game is itself the actual meat of the story. At the very least that was the impression I likewise got from what I managed to play of TiTS before my PSP broke.
Old 2016-01-03, 04:33   Link #332
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Just started Chapter 6. I'm starting to think that this game is more of a prologue of sorts and that the second game is itself the actual meat of the story. At the very least that was the impression I likewise got from what I managed to play of TiTS before my PSP broke.
Yup. CSII is a roller coaster and quite plot heavy!
Old 2016-01-03, 07:19   Link #333
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I need some clarifications on the Bond Trophies...

Spoiler for Spoilers:

As of the end of the chapter 6 free day I have Alisa, Emma and Fie at max level 5.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-01-03 at 09:25.
Old 2016-01-04, 02:36   Link #334
rladls2121

Spoiler for This title is rather sad than other previous titles:
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 02:47   Link #335
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
About to finish Chapter 3.

Alisa is obviously the main heroine and love interest, but I also like the vibe I got from his interactions with Laura, Towa, Emma, and the twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

In general, I think the localization team really outdone themselves here.
Old 2016-01-05, 03:27   Link #336
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, did Rean and Alisa share the same pair of fingerless gloves? I noticed he's wearing one on his right while she's wearing one in her left.
Old 2016-01-06, 22:14   Link #337
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Spoiler for This title is rather sad than other previous titles:
Lets hope for SnK 3 we will get Oliver and Muller on spotlight again according interview SnK next entry will cover last story for Erebonian empire, it really wasteful Oliver did not get love until now so far he just being side character in his own homeland.
Lloyd most likely as next mc for snk 3 because gaiden but it's nothing wrong to have our favorite duo to become MC again ( Yes Estelle and Joshua )
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 04:40   Link #338
Iron Maw
Banned

Man, Crossbell is sure talked about a lot.

Anyway got through the midterm portion and this chapter's practical exam. BTW everything is getting so much more and more expensive. I'm starting being a Bracer since you at least got payed cash for every job you did.

At least the money trick alleviates things a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
On my 1st play I preferred to farm in ch 3. While the enemy hits hard and has tons of HP, it's easier to build CP and more of your characters have S craft by the time you get there so it's easier to kill Right now I don't farm anymore and basically only upgrades 2-3 characters weps and save the remaining material for next chapter
Well, I've got 24 U-material right now in the same chapter so I'm okay for now, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
About to finish Chapter 3.

Alisa is obviously the main heroine and love interest, but I also like the vibe I got from his interactions with Laura, Towa, Emma, and the twins.

In general, I think the localization team really outdone themselves here.
Yep!

But this has basically been the standard across all the localized games so far. I expect no different from Cold Steel 2 when ti drops this year. It's really I enjoy the dialogue and cut-scenes despite being length of visual novel at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, did Rean and Alisa share the same pair of fingerless gloves? I noticed he's wearing one on his right while she's wearing one in her left.
Are you talking about they Cold Steel 2 artwork?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 06:24   Link #339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nono in this game; when they switched to their summer uniforms, you can see Rean and Alisa both wearing the same type of gloves but in opposite hands.
Old 2016-01-07, 06:48   Link #340
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

I don't like Alisa :v

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria