AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 01:26   Link #321
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
The problem with Sola is that it's the kind of series that needs its own sub-forum, if only to keep the anime, manga, and game threads concentrated in one place. Too bad it'll also never get one, though.

So.....what should I do once I've got the translation logs up? Post them here, or create a Sola thread in the manga forum as you say?
Heck it was already 75% completed, so might as well complete the upload. Here it is.

As for your last question, I don't know. I thought I saw monir reading the thread just now, but he didn't say anything...
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 01:33   Link #322
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
The problem with Sola is that it's the kind of series that needs its own sub-forum, if only to keep the anime, manga, and game threads concentrated in one place. Too bad it'll also never get one, though.

So.....what should I do once I've got the translation logs up? Post them here, or create a Sola thread in the manga forum as you say?
As Manatsu has already suggested, please create a separate thread in the Manga section of the forum so the discussion doesn't intermingle with the anime. Let's keep the anime-only threads free of manga/games/novel/etc as much as possible.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 01:34   Link #323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Red eyes indicate albinism, which also causes vulnerability to UV. But does not require hospitalization. No, I think the secret is something we DON'T see - her lower body. Maybe it's missing?

Probably not, they did have full body shots of her... And the images depict her to be standing up...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 01:38   Link #324
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

If you replace the bolded words in this one with 'Mecha', it still holds just as true, too.

That is all.
I had thought of that actually. I'm not sure if the Mecha is all that popular and talked about though. The only one anybody really talks about is Code Geass, whereas everybody's always talking about the latest Eroge show and whatnot. Would you agree to that much? Not that there are really all that many at the moment mind you, but the ones that do exist right now are all related to Key and everybody's always talking about Key so I get overexposed without actually watching the series. Odd's are after Clannad is over and done with I'll pick up the rest of Kanon and watch it as you keep asking me to, but not right now while its still everywhere. Can you see where I am trying to come from here and why watching Kanon at this point in time might be overkill for somebody who only bears a passing interest in them?

I'm still out on Sola though as I like the art, but want to see where it might be going. It's probably good that nobody has any answers actually now that I think of it as that likely means it is at the very least initially different than Mr. Hisaya's past work? That's also the way I like it, where it doesn't hit you in the face with everything initially and only vague hints are dropped at what might happen. Here's to the prospect of a Plot Driven story.

Will people get upset if I ask just one more minor question. Do any of the girls that may have introduced have a bizarre personality quirk such as a cute noise they make or a penchant for certain food, or are we talking strictly drama so far? *Runs from Skane* AIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 01:52   Link #325
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well Kaioshin, I kind of understand Skane's sentiment. I've read you in various threads dedicated for various new shows that have come out in this Spring season, but there are in several occasion I've sensed that you are basing your comments, expectation, reservation, judgement, etc. without actually watching a said title. I can be completely wrong, of course, in this particular assessment, but it can be very frustrating for fans of a certain title who are reading criticism for a show by someone who hasn't even seen it. Personally, I never really took anyone very seriously when one is basing one's upatake on a particular show without watching it and experiencing it for oneself. Judgement and criticism are fine when the reason behind them are more than some superficial expectation and/or summarized classification of genres. If I'm not making much sense, it just means I'm way past my bed time.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 02:09   Link #326
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Just remember this in mind. Kanon IS Kanon, and sola IS sola. No similarities of plots, no basis on each other, nothing.

And as for the minor question, 'bizarre personality quirk' does not count 'cute noise they make or a penchant for certain food'. Rather, it's a matter of behaviour (like why Matsuri is always wandering around only at night etc).

Have fun.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 02:11   Link #327
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well Kaioshin, I kind of understand Skane's sentiment. I've read you in various threads dedicated for various new shows that have come out in this Spring season, but there are in several occasion I've sensed that you are basing your comments, expectation, reservation, judgement, etc. without actually watching a said title. I can be completely wrong, of course, in this particular assessment, but it can be very frustrating for fans of a certain title who are reading criticism for a show by someone who hasn't even seen it. Personally, I never really took anyone very seriously when one is basing one's upatake on a particular show without watching it and experiencing it for oneself. Judgement and criticism are fine when the reason behind them are more than some superficial expectation and/or summarized classification of genres. If I'm not making much sense, it just means I'm way past my bed time.
I'm not really attempting to criticize so much as speculating somewhat negatively (I hope). The thing is if I sit through the series and we get the traditional Key style ending arc with some sort of symbolic death(s) attached to an object, place or concept, and bittersweet theme of "and so life goes on", I'll have felt I wasted my time and I'll be saying to my self "Well I saw that one coming a mile a way.....". That's my main worry and speculation based off of the catologue of the man involved in writing this story. As it stands, that is why I would prefer to wait on this series for a while.

If someone wants to point out a Key game that hasn't had this very ending in even mild variation, I swear by my life I will go out and watch the anime adaptation of that one ASAP.

Anyway, good night then.
Old 2007-04-15, 02:54   Link #328
wontaek

1. Both OP and ED song counds as if it is part of a longer composition, as some of the transitions sounds rough and abrupt. There are some musical ideas I like in them, so I wonder if a full version has already been released. As someone already mentioned, music in general are good, but it could have been better.
2. More and more, I understand why Noto Mamiko was chosen. Her voice is rarely used as someone who wins her guy( in comparision, Horie Yui's character often ends up as 'winning' girl), but it has a calm, thoughtful presence that may be exploited in this anime to convey deeply harbored emotions and philosophical concerns. Still, her best line so far may be 'ecchi!'.
3. Oohmu rice ( omelet rice unless you insist on Nausicca reference ) and Rozen Maiden look-a-like. I guess that group would rather spend some money on food instead of decent lodging. Can't blame them considering real estate price in Japan.
Old 2007-04-15, 03:03   Link #329
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Someone said that Key was a "crying game" line.... they've made it their special skill. There are tons of more boring 'by the numbers' datesims out there by other outfits, but the material just makes more compelling animated drama than those (not that datesim adaptations *can't* be entertaining). And yes, Key isn't the only one that uses the technique.

Fortunately, this isn't a Key production nor is it based on a game or manga (though those are being produced in parallel) ... so most bets or hedges are off the table. I suspect given the OP, the mood, and what we know so far - we can expect some tragedy and bittersweet even if the ending is uber-happy. Tsukuyomi Moon Phase managed to pack some horrific tragedy and anxiety amongst any humor the show had (and the manga can be pretty damn dark, its humor is very shadowy).
Old 2007-04-15, 03:13   Link #330
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
1. Both OP and ED song counds as if it is part of a longer composition, as some of the transitions sounds rough and abrupt. There are some musical ideas I like in them, so I wonder if a full version has already been released. As someone already mentioned, music in general are good, but it could have been better.
2. More and more, I understand why Noto Mamiko was chosen. Her voice is rarely used as someone who wins her guy( in comparision, Horie Yui's character often ends up as 'winning' girl), but it has a calm, thoughtful presence that may be exploited in this anime to convey deeply harbored emotions and philosophical concerns. Still, her best line so far may be 'ecchi!'.
3. Oohmu rice ( omelet rice unless you insist on Nausicca reference ) and Rozen Maiden look-a-like. I guess that group would rather spend some money on food instead of decent lodging. Can't blame them considering real estate price in Japan.
I like this idea of deciding the winner by voice actor. Could it be that usually Yui Horie plays the lead and they usually decide the winner in anime adaptations by the"First girl=The Winner" rule? Anyway interesting thought there, but how do you know she's going to be the winner. What if the author does his thing where he kills her off and he either has to settle for someone else or nobody at all because they are all dead or hate him?
Old 2007-04-15, 03:32   Link #331
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
1. Both OP and ED song counds as if it is part of a longer composition, as some of the transitions sounds rough and abrupt. There are some musical ideas I like in them, so I wonder if a full version has already been released.
They'll be "TV size" edits of full-length songs - that's pretty much a given. The OP single is out April 25th, but I can't find any details on the ED.

I need to go back and watch ep1 again, but I have to say the OP sequence grabbed me the most out of all the April shows I've watched so far (well OK, except for Lucky Star's, but the two OPs are so different as to be incomparable).
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 04:07   Link #332
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As Manatsu has already suggested, please create a separate thread in the Manga section of the forum so the discussion doesn't intermingle with the anime. Let's keep the anime-only threads free of manga/games/novel/etc as much as possible.
Wakarimashita. I will do just that once I've done the translation logs of the first three chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I had thought of that actually. I'm not sure if the Mecha is all that popular and talked about though. The only one anybody really talks about is Code Geass, whereas everybody's always talking about the latest Eroge show and whatnot. Would you agree to that much? Not that there are really all that many at the moment mind you, but the ones that do exist right now are all related to Key and everybody's always talking about Key so I get overexposed without actually watching the series. Odd's are after Clannad is over and done with I'll pick up the rest of Kanon and watch it as you keep asking me to, but not right now while its still everywhere. Can you see where I am trying to come from here and why watching Kanon at this point in time might be overkill for somebody who only bears a passing interest in them?
Nope, I can't agree even on that much.

Fact of the matter is, you're the one who keeps invading the threads of "eroge" anime, and then you bitch and moan when the inevitable references to the "KEY aesthetic" are raised in the places where they are most likely to be raised.

I still say the same thing; if you don't want to hear all the gossip about KEY, it's easy for you not to get the slightest bit involved with animes of the same genre in the first place. For one thing, you came into Sola already having an idea of what it would be.....and yet you bitch and moan about it all the same.

It's getting old, Kaioshin. Please stop it. If you don't want anything to have to do with the "KEY aesthetic", just stay in the mecha forums; they have nothing to do with it, so it's a safe haven for you. There's no need for you to court abuse every time.

That is all.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 05:16   Link #333
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Eps2 by lunar is out i think for those waiting , just saw someone mentioned it in IRC.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 05:24   Link #334
kct

Yup, I'm already downloading it now, after someone at 4chan said so in a sola thread.
Old 2007-04-15, 06:12   Link #335
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

I just received a call from Lucifer and he told me the following,

"You sick bastard. I'm going to upgrade your plan for eternal damnation."

Reason XXXX Why Skane Will Go To Hell (If It Exist):
Spoiler for perversion of what should have been a sweet scene:

I would to thank moyism's comment on his sola Ep02 RAW for giving me the inspiration to do this.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-15, 06:20   Link #336
Calca
Expressionless

This anime just couldn't resist having a silver haired red-eyed emotionless girl could it?

Rei really has revolutionized the industry.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 06:47   Link #337
kct

/me proceeds to take out a non-existent tacticool-ed HK53, and aims it at Skane, and goes 'Friend, looks like you're going to have a chance to meet Hades in another world'.

That is just...urgh...I don't know, seriously.

Streetor: Unfortunately, Aono is not that as emotionless as you think.
Old 2007-04-15, 06:52   Link #338
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Episode 2 was much better than episode 1; it felt more like Air and less like Shuffle. And I liked the whole thing, not just the last 60 seconds.

And a special thank you to Lunar for HD XviD!

Now, what I'm wondering...

Spoiler for episode 2:
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 07:09   Link #339
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
/me proceeds to take out a non-existent tacticool-ed HK53, and aims it at Skane, and goes 'Friend, looks like you're going to have a chance to meet Hades in another world'.

That is just...urgh...I don't know, seriously.

Streetor: Unfortunately, Aono is not that as emotionless as you think.
Unfortunately? It's not like I want her to be that way. It's just that in the very first part of this, she fits the likeness of the stereotypical emotionless girl that Rei has made popular (Nagato in Suzumiya Haruhi, Anju in Karin, Primula in Shuffle, Meme is Kamisama Kazoku, etc etc.)
Old 2007-04-15, 07:12   Link #340
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Episode 2 was much better than episode 1; it felt more like Air and less like Shuffle. And I liked the whole thing, not just the last 60 seconds.

And a special thank you to Lunar for HD XviD!

Now, what I'm wondering...

Spoiler for episode 2:

She's probably being hunted more from what her kind may have done in the past rather than what she herself has done.

As for the Rozen Maiden in the box, it does seem damn confortable in there. Plus no light to wake you up and you're all secure.

300+mb file for this episode. I'm going to have to clear some space if they're all like this.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural