AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 21:43   Link #3561
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So it turns out that omake special chapter was a lie...
Not necessarily, it just means that it did not occur in chronological order. Though Fateful Encounter, and Sakura Festival do still run into the problem that they were written without Lisanna being around in mind.

Spoiler for 201:

Spoiler for 201:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:04   Link #3562
Clarste
Human

Spoiler:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:11   Link #3563
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I don't even want to think about what kind of horror is in store for the guy who kills Lucy in front of Natsu.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:17   Link #3564
Kir

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for 201:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Not necessarily, it just means that it did not occur in chronological order. Though Fateful Encounter, and Sakura Festival do still run into the problem that they were written without Lisanna being around in mind.
By that logic, Lucy still lives and Cana is still staying after claiming that she will be leaving the guild

Either those omakes don't exists in FT timeline or Mashima screwed up a bit with chronological order.
Kir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:20   Link #3565
Clarste
Human

Cana's not gonna leave. From what Mira said, it sounds like she goes through this phase every year when the S rank trials come up, so no one takes her seriously when she says that.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:27   Link #3566
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
I don't even want to think about what kind of horror is in store for the guy who kills Lucy in front of Natsu.
he'll definitely experience something worse than death that's for sure
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:31   Link #3567
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The new guy is also touted as a favourite to win alongside Fried, which means he's as good as Fried, if not slightly better.

tldr; the star jobber of this arc.

I hope to be proven wrong though, never liked the idea of skilled mages jobbing just so that the 'key' characters get to flex their plot powers.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:33   Link #3568
cyberdemon

wait was there 2 chapters this week or was 201 just REALLY early?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:35   Link #3569
Kir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Cana's not gonna leave. From what Mira said, it sounds like she goes through this phase every year when the S rank trials come up, so no one takes her seriously when she says that.
I will laugh if Cana actually left the guild at the end of arc while Mashima forgot about that omake that takes six month after this current arc.
Kir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 00:11   Link #3570
Slayerx

Chapter is out nice and early
And it opens up with a very scene

Mest gyder...
god damn it mashima, you can't just include new powerful characters out of no where... We need some kinda of build up or set up before you going doing these things. Honestly it only begs the question of where he was every time fairytail needed him and why no one has mentioned him up until now it he's such a hot contender. Really, i won't be surprised if he either dies or turns evil...

and as much as love her... Levi is potentially S-class

And i still think the mystery guy looks an aweful lot like hughes from Edolas without the white hair

Though i guess this chapter does kind of confirm that "S-class" is only relative to a particular guilde since Juvia needs to to go through a test to earn the rank in fairytail... Makarov just has a much more distinguishing taste for the S-class rank than Jose did
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 00:14   Link #3571
Clarste
Human

Well, apparently Makarov likes to make a whole party out of it. I guess it keeps the recruits enthusiastic though.
Old 2010-09-18, 00:45   Link #3572
cyberdemon

it seems too early especially for scans. Spoilers maybe but not scans. Was it that there was 2 chapters that were released this week?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 01:35   Link #3573
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Mest Gryder..I wonder who he is. It's actually quite strange to have someone powerful in Fairy Tail without any development about him before.

---I won't take someone's death seriously in Fairy Tail because of the last arc. I think...even if someone is dead at this arc, he/she will return in the ending part of this arc ...or perhaps, sometimes in the future

Aah, I hope that Lisanna won't get left out just like that after her revival @_@

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 01:44   Link #3574
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Aah, I hope that Lisanna won't get left out just like that after her revival
I think that since a detailed explanation was left out, keeping her in the margin is a good choice (no harm done even if her comeback isn't fully explained if she doesn't do anything from that point on, pure fanservice).
Anyways, on to 201...we finally got a tournament in FT! Plus lots of scenes in the beginning, and some promising drama in the end, I couldn't ask for more...no wait, actually I can, who the hell is Mest Gyder!? I hope his role is secondary, popping characters outta nowhere is kinda weird. Sooo, who's gonna help me build the KanaxNatsu ship to sail for the next arc?^^

EDIT: Viable way of introducing Mest: his dream is becoming an S-rank mage so he leaves the guild every year after the event for extreme training. Fits with Kana's possible emotions.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 02:17   Link #3575
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
it seems too early especially for scans. Spoilers maybe but not scans. Was it that there was 2 chapters that were released this week?
When spoiler for KNIM or Negima appear on Friday it's because someone has been able to have the magazine (same magazine as FT), if a scanlator is able to have this magazine then he can release the chapter as soon as Saturday, when Heiji-sama was releasing the raw that was the norm.

It's the chapter that will be in the next Weekly Shōnen Magazine released on the 09/22
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 05:37   Link #3576
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
So does the reentry of Lisanna make way for the death of Lucy? You know, since I wouldnt mind if she took Lucy's place in the story.

If someone is MIA for two years you generally assume they are dead. MIA usually means KIA where they cant find your body. If you want to point out their slightl y wierd reunion, thats one thing, cant fault them for thinking she died though.

Anyway, hadnt Mira and Elfman gone to her grave shortly before the anima hit? Probably came back there.
<.< >.>

lucy, as of 201, youve been flagged

Oh and lisanna + wendy = awesome
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 08:03   Link #3577
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, come on. All those ominous words about her role mean is that she's going to wear a bunny outfit again and help announce the results.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 08:52   Link #3578
blewin

I'm kind of surprised by some of the S-class candidates - namely Cana and Levy. Still, it brings some fresh wind to the series by exploring other types of magic. Both Cana and Levy's magic is different from the typical, so I'll be expecting something good from them.

about the death that Charlie sees though, if it's any typical fairy tail message, it'd be something about changing the future. I doubt anyone would really die... someone may get close to dying uh? I'm more interested in how Lucy will get involved rather than who's gonna die.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 09:22   Link #3579
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kana has always had the hardcore veteran feel about her, I'm not really surprised she's an S-class candidate. Levy's got the same magic as Freed and is pretty smart...should be able to lay out rune traps just as well.
Quote:
about the death that Charlie sees though, if it's any typical fairy tail message, it'd be something about changing the future. I doubt anyone would really die... someone may get close to dying uh? I'm more interested in how Lucy will get involved rather than who's gonna die.
I don't think anyone's gonna die...but Lucy will definitely meet black boy and have a, let's just say, near-death experience
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 14:17   Link #3580
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
indeed, im wonderingo how she gets out of it. its like in mirai onoikki when you got those "Dead End" messages
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen