AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-28, 11:15   Link #341
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think one of the problem of this remake is that they don't give us enough dates, resulting in the feeling not much time passes, which makes things seem unrealistic.
Old 2018-07-03, 06:35   Link #342
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, I've enjoyed watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes but you know what, I want more of it! I wish Production I.G would create more episodes instead of waiting for the movies next year.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 05:01   Link #343
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd be really disappointed if this really was the final episode and if so it's so indicative of how worse off anime is now compared to before. Back then a show like this could get 100+ episodes greenlit. Now it can't even muster past a single cour. Arslan Senki struggles to get a full adaptation aswell even though it's fared better.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-07-07 at 11:47.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 11:11   Link #344
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd be really disappointed if this really was the final episode and if so it's so indicative of how worse off anime is now compared to before. Back then a show like this could get 100+ episodes greenlit. Now it can't even muster a single cour. Arslan Senki struggles to get a full adaptation ass well even though it's fared better.
There are movie sequels planned, but they won't come out until 2019/2020. That said, this show should have been at least two cours if they really wanted to hook in new viewers. As it is, I kind of doubt most newcomers are going to bother with the movies. Having those movies come out so late is a horrible idea too.
Old 2019-07-26, 04:21   Link #345
AntonKutovoi

Additional voice cast for the movies:
Hildegarde will be voiced by Hanazawa Kana
Flegel will be voiced by Furuya Tohru (he voiced Fork in the first series)
Arthur Lynch will be voiced by Issei Futamata (voiced Flegel in the first series)
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-22, 18:41   Link #346
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

To be honest I quite like this reboot of the original novels I thought I would hate it. I'm honestly quite surprised with out it turned out. Some of the character designs really piss me off though like Reinhard's and Kircheis's. Yang's actually fit his character and I feel Hilda's and Frederica's are an upgrade lol. xD I just wasn't a big fan of their 80s hair

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 01:08   Link #347
bastek66

Crunchyroll is releasing Neue These movie as episodes.
Old 2019-10-06, 11:20   Link #348
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Crunchyroll is releasing Neue These movie as episodes.
Oh, that's cool. I'm pretty sure new viewers would have lost interest otherwise.
Old 2019-10-06, 12:05   Link #349
4th Dimension

This is such an obscure fact that they are hardly even appearing on sites flying the Jolly Rodger

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 18:15   Link #350
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maybe I'm living in a cave, but they didn't advertise it at all, didn't they? I only found out today.

The episodes were really good too. All that foreshadowing in them...
Old 2019-10-07, 10:29   Link #351
4th Dimension

Probably it's worse because people who might be interested in this know only movies will be comming out and aren't counting on seeing them till BDs come out. And here CR is actually airing them as actual episodes week by week.

But yeah, I"m not sure what they are doing buying license for movies doing the split and then telling noone.

I see even HorribleSubs only yesterday realized this thing is airing

Old 2019-10-11, 11:06   Link #352
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 3 is out. Yang and Kircheis met in person. Since it's those two, there was of course no animosity between them. Yang saw through Reinhard's plan, but he doesn't really have a way to counter it. The only thing he'll be able to do is minimize the damage. Given the thickness of that book, Reinhard's instruction for Lynch must have been very detailed

A shame they didn't show us how Lynch got Greenhill (another design I'll need to get used to, he looks completely different) on board with the coup d'état.
Old 2019-10-11, 13:19   Link #353
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So they're releasing the entire film in episodes? Have they released all the episodes for the first film or is there more to come?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-11, 14:24   Link #354
Blaat

I've got to say so far the episodes have natural endings, especially compared to Digimon Tri and Unciron re:whatever where most episodes end abruptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So they're releasing the entire film in episodes? Have they released all the episodes for the first film or is there more to come?
Each film will cover four episodes. They've only released three so far, so next week will be the final episode of the first film.
Old 2019-10-11, 16:43   Link #355
Wandering Soul

I'm sort of confused by how succession works in the empire. Why is everyone arguing over the granddaughters rather than the daughters of the emperor? In fact why is the second daughter's line even being considered? Shouldn't the first daughter's line come first?
Old 2019-10-11, 17:11   Link #356
4th Dimension

Well given that it's an argument due to Emperor never making it official who's the heir they don't really have firm rules on who gets to inherit. Normally it would be handled by previous empreror appointing a person as his heir well before their death.

Also normally it would probably just go to the first son of the Emperor but given that he is a minor it's allowing candidates who were temporary heirs before he was born to come out of the woodwork.

It's a lot less about rules and more about who is powerful enough to make his candidate stick... which is precisely how the Emperor would want it given his comments on how he'd want LOngerham to make his attempt to unseat him. A free for all with the winner being the most suitable to lead the empire.

As for why are they considering the daughters instead of their mothers. I'd gather it's because mothers are considered out of line of succession on marriage or something. Frankly given some quite questionable things we have learned about Empire I'm suprised they would even consider giving the crown to a woman.

Old 2019-10-11, 18:34   Link #357
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I've got to say so far the episodes have natural endings, especially compared to Digimon Tri and Unciron re:whatever where most episodes end abruptly.

Each film will cover four episodes. They've only released three so far, so next week will be the final episode of the first film.
Indeed, you'd never guess it was originally a film, the editing is really good. And there'll be 12 episodes in total, so it'll cover all three films.
Old 2019-10-12, 00:46   Link #358
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm sort of confused by how succession works in the empire. Why is everyone arguing over the granddaughters rather than the daughters of the emperor? In fact why is the second daughter's line even being considered? Shouldn't the first daughter's line come first?
The thing about the granddaughters is that they're unmarried. So they're bait in the dynastic game. "Help me now, and you (or your son or grandson) can marry the future empress and be emperor."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 10:54   Link #359
Blaat

Kanon will be very happy when he finds out who voices Hildegard von Mariendorf.
Old 2019-10-18, 11:17   Link #360
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Kanon will be very happy when he finds out who voices Hildegard von Mariendorf.
I already knew

Haven't been able to watch the episode yet. I hope she got a good redesign.

Edit: Hilda comes across as less "stuck up" in this adaptation. She definitely gives off a different vibe. So far I'm liking it. Not the biggest fan of her new attire though, others have pointed out she looks like she's from the FPA rather than the Empire, and that's what it felt like to me too.

Last edited by Kanon; 2019-10-19 at 10:04.
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote