AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-17, 21:31   Link #341
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I have reached the end of suspending disbelief over how our two heroines are still wearing balls-and-chains. Can't Nina pull the links apart or hit them with a rock and break them?

I waited for her desire for "Chris, the alt-Charioce" to activate her dragon form. Let's review the sequence of eents:

(a) She transforms when she is attracted to handsome men.

(b) She stopped transforming when she developed her crush on Chris.

(c) She didn't recognize Charioce/Chris when she was sentenced to the dungeons, but he was far away and in shadow. Also there was no plausible reason for her to think the two were the same man.

(d) She discovers that "Chris" is Charioce, but she doesn't change. There isn't even a hint of the red bubbles and other visual effects associated with her excitement and possible transformation.

(e) So either the deluge of complicated emotions Nina experienced when seeing Charioce as Chris overwhelmed any burst of passion, or Nina has taken full or nearly full control over her dragon urge.

Will Kaisar hug Nina during the escape? Will it work?
yeah i also have the same issue toward how she still wearing that chain balls, and why she not already smacked any door, or even the fact which she being in a jail with soldiers threatening normal peoples with whipes and others typical prision actions she is fine but with the "demons" she was all anger but on the jail she is all happy go lucky despise everyone else was suffering and don't look being happy, her actions goes too much from something belieavable the suspend of belief on her is in a very high level.
Old 2017-06-17, 22:14   Link #342
scififan

Quote:
Nina mentioned him before meeting Charioce. Who knows how she'll react to Kaisar or any other man after that.
Nina mentioned Kaiser because she doesn't believe Chris will go to the prison.

In the first episode, Nina was new to the Capital. She has been in the city for 10 days. She landed several part time jobs in (Tokyo? ). The baker told her that Charioce was such a great guy, because he rebuilt the ruining city, and economy is prospering. At the construction site, Nina Learned that Charioce was involved in the battle against Bahamut. Nina recalled Bahamut's blaze ruining her village. At the construction site, Nina also learned about the Capital's open dark secret.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
That's my recollectiyon as well. The latter was the result of abuse by the slavers.

Nina's village lacks young adults, because they had to move out to feed their families. So, Nina is vulnerable due to lacking exposure to young men. Even hunky bouncers are rude, ugly and unethical. Nina almost turns into the dragon.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 22:21   Link #343
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah i also have the same issue toward how she still wearing that chain balls, and why she not already smacked any door, or even the fact which she being in a jail with soldiers threatening normal peoples with whipes and others typical prision actions she is fine but with the "demons" she was all anger but on the jail she is all happy go lucky despise everyone else was suffering and don't look being happy, her actions goes too much from something belieavable the suspend of belief on her is in a very high level.
Yeah, i also pointed out that before. She didn't care at all about that and just smiled at her new prison adventure..lol. I guess Nina is racist
Regarding the chains, even if she could actually break them, the guards would just replace those and this time probably reinforced with magic. Without Jeane there's no way for Nina to escape the prison anyway so why bother?
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 22:31   Link #344
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Yeah, i also pointed out that before. She didn't care at all about that and just smiled at her new prison adventure..lol. I guess Nina is racist
Regarding the chains, even if she could actually break them, the guards would just replace those and this time probably reinforced with magic. Without Jeane there's no way for Nina to escape the prison anyway so why bother?
yeah but at same time that is no way which that guard can have even a little chance to stand against her, while she could take a lot of time lost here unless the guards bring the big "strong castle guys" they don't stand even a minimal chance as we see how easy she was beating everyone, and she can simple start to "punch her way out" since if i'm not wrong she could easy punch/break wall without any difficult, she is insane strong and fast in her human form as we see in flashback, even if she could not find the exit she could easy handled all the guards and with the help of the others trapped womans ending find a way to get out, the only way they could really stop her is bring the "big guys" reinforcement, this prision don't really looks like a prision for "super humans" prisioners.
Old 2017-06-17, 22:41   Link #345
DemonneoPT

I mean, it's a labyrinth-like prison so even if she punched random doors and start a riot there, she would not have time to find the exit without Charioce bringing the Onyx knights first and probably lock Nina in a special room this time. She can't even transform into a dragon at the moment so she would not be able to accomplish much anyway.
My only complain regarding all this situation is that, like you pointed out, she didn't care at all about the other prisioners being abused and did not even tried to look up for a way to free them. She was prepared to help the demons before but this time she just wanted to have some fun regardless.
Old 2017-06-17, 22:46   Link #346
Blueknight78

Quote:
I mean, it's a labyrinth-like prison so even if she punched random doors and start a riot there, she would not have time to find the exit without Charioce bringing the Onyx knights first and probably lock Nina in a special room this time. She can't even transform into a dragon at the moment so she would not be able to accomplish much anyway.
My only complain regarding all this situation is that, like you pointed out, she didn't care at all about the other prisioners being abused and did not even tried to look up for a way to free them. She was prepared to help the demons before but this time she just wanted to have some fun regardless.
yeah that part about prisioners and demons was really weird she seeying all the prisioners being abused and she don't giving a shit and act like she is in the best place even regards the guards being crap to her too like when she asked for more food.

another think which i was thinking imagine if her family find about it and her "village come to help her" the kingdom could easy be raised down, with a lot of "dragons" doing riot an screwing with chariote plans, if just nina dragon was enough to do all that damage and easy handle all the "empowered knights" and constructors, imagine like 50 or 100 of them coming..,
Old 2017-06-18, 06:55   Link #347
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Well, they were trying to escape the prison, and Nina made no effort to remove their shackles. Watch how Jeanne has to limp along. It makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Nina mentioned Kaiser because she doesn't believe Chris will go to the prison.
And Nina was attracted to Kaisar before, and he is occupying a cell nearby. I don't think "Chris" has anything to do with this.

Quote:
Nina's village lacks young adults, because they had to move out to feed their families.
I don't see what that has to do with my comment about El being abused by the slavers.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 07:04   Link #348
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm guessing its another case of the common man not really knowing knowing what exactly their leader is doing. They know the king is against the gods and that he's going on crusades and such, but perhaps not exactly what those raids entailed. It's not like they have phones or internet or something and the soldiers really didn't spread word, so most of what he did was probably just glossed over as "his glorious crusades!" and no one really had a true grasp of what he was out there actually doing, just a vague idea.

Same thing with Jeanne. Her being thrown out wasn't publicized and he also didn't publicize that he had thrown her in prison indefinitely for not giving into his ultimatum. So, even IF people knew she had been thrown out, they most likely didn't know that she was languishing in prison all this time.
But nobody was surprised to hear from Gabriel what was going on, either with the temple raids or with Jeanne. Everyone was going "boo angels!" and there was no-one who was like "hey, wait a minute, what is this about stealing from the gods?" or "wait, what did he do to Jeanne?" And again, people had known that the demons have been defeated, and we've never seen any effort from Charioce to cover up his moves against the gods - it wouldn't be in-character for him, anyway. So what did people think who he was crusading against with heavy armored troops?

And this is Anatae, the capital. I wouldn't have a problem if it was some random village, but the capital? Even in actual RL medieval times news traveled fast in central cities. When the king not simply dismisses a much beloved public figure (Jeanne) but actually sends her to live in disgrace and poverty and whatnot, it's not the sort of thing that people in the capital just don't know about. (By the way, if Jeanne still had fans why did nobody help her? If people are brave enough to throw Molotov cocktails at the palace for turning against the gods then helping a "saint" on the run would have been just natural...) Not to mention after capturing her he just threw her in prison - sure, it's not the kind of prison where people come and go all the time, but clearly he wasn't worried about leaving her with a bunch of random people and guards instead of handling her more carefully, in solitary confinement or something.

It would have been easier to believe this turn if they had shown some townfolk being unsatisfied with Charioce's anti-god policies, or even better, had seen some seeds of a pro-god resistance or something. Oh well, I guess this is what it is. I'm not watching this show for the plot anyway, but this was really jarring.

As for Mugaro, yeah, I understand that, what I don't quite understand is whether his sudden non-interest in Azazel's wellbeing is something us viewers are supposed to find strange, or if it is just the writing being clunky again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I distinctly remember Azazel saying that when he found Mugaro, his wings were clipped and his windpipe was crushed. Did that not happen?
Yes, but he didn't actually say windpipe, which is the word I was wondering about. It was just the translation, then.

Quote:
I have reached the end of suspending disbelief over how our two heroines are still wearing balls-and-chains. Can't Nina pull the links apart or hit them with a rock and break them?
Yeeeah, I'm also getting a bit tired of that. I can buy Nina running around with it, but Jeanne who currently is just a normal human? Nope.

Quote:
Will Kaisar hug Nina during the escape? Will it work?
Kaisar might just do the trick... Azazel was embarrassingly awkward about the whole ordeal so no wonder he had no effect whatsoever. But if they somehow manage to get Kaisar to act natural... (it would be easier if Nina was into BL. It's Kaisar and Favaro! I can already see Jeanne instructing them to do poses a la Kae and Shima in WataMote. )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 07:06   Link #349
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Well, they were trying to escape the prison, and Nina made no effort to remove their shackles. Watch how Jeanne has to limp along. It makes no sense.
That's because probably she can't break them. She is strong, but perhaps not that strong . Unless we see her break them in the next episodes... then it would be silly.
Old 2017-06-18, 09:02   Link #350
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But nobody was surprised to hear from Gabriel what was going on, either with the temple raids or with Jeanne. Everyone was going "boo angels!" and there was no-one who was like "hey, wait a minute, what is this about stealing from the gods?" or "wait, what did he do to Jeanne?" And again, people had known that the demons have been defeated, and we've never seen any effort from Charioce to cover up his moves against the gods - it wouldn't be in-character for him, anyway. So what did people think who he was crusading against with heavy armored troops?

And this is Anatae, the capital. I wouldn't have a problem if it was some random village, but the capital? Even in actual RL medieval times news traveled fast in central cities. When the king not simply dismisses a much beloved public figure (Jeanne) but actually sends her to live in disgrace and poverty and whatnot, it's not the sort of thing that people in the capital just don't know about. (By the way, if Jeanne still had fans why did nobody help her? If people are brave enough to throw Molotov cocktails at the palace for turning against the gods then helping a "saint" on the run would have been just natural...) Not to mention after capturing her he just threw her in prison - sure, it's not the kind of prison where people come and go all the time, but clearly he wasn't worried about leaving her with a bunch of random people and guards instead of handling her more carefully, in solitary confinement or something.

It would have been easier to believe this turn if they had shown some townfolk being unsatisfied with Charioce's anti-god policies, or even better, had seen some seeds of a pro-god resistance or something. Oh well, I guess this is what it is. I'm not watching this show for the plot anyway, but this was really jarring.

As for Mugaro, yeah, I understand that, what I don't quite understand is whether his sudden non-interest in Azazel's wellbeing is something us viewers are supposed to find strange, or if it is just the writing being clunky again.
With the people in the arena, I can understand if they're drunk, caught in the moment, they're not in the best mindset for comprehensive independent thinking.

And yeah, being the capital, word should have spread about what was going on. But also, I was just thinking, does Charioce only take his Onyx soldiers on his god raids? He doesn't seem to really care for the Orleans knights and hasn't been including them much, so I'm thinking yes.
The Onyx knights seem to be silent warriors, they don't seem to talk at all. So, if they didn't speak of what really goes on and of course Charioce doesn't either, then people might not have a total idea of what Charioce is doing when he goes out for a fight. Perhaps they think when he's being anti-god he was just telling them that their services weren't needed. Not that he was raiding their sanctuaries and hunting them down.

Though, I have to wonder why he had Sofiel hunted down, but not Baccus and Hansa who weren't really hiding?

Quote:
Yes, but he didn't actually say windpipe, which is the word I was wondering about. It was just the translation, then.
What did he actually say in the Japanese? I only know they translated it to windpipe in the subs.

Quote:
Kaisar might just do the trick... Azazel was embarrassingly awkward about the whole ordeal so no wonder he had no effect whatsoever. But if they somehow manage to get Kaisar to act natural... (it would be easier if Nina was into BL. It's Kaisar and Favaro! I can already see Jeanne instructing them to do poses a la Kae and Shima in WataMote. )
I think Azazel might work again. I think the idea, or at least how it makes sense for me, is that when Nina found herself believing she was in love, her feelings and emotions towards other men changed and so she could no longer change into a dragon with any of them. I don't think any other man would have worked at that point other than "Chris". However, in the midst of a broken heart and in shock over finding out Charioce and Chris are the same, whatever hold her "love" for him was, in no longer in play.
Because of this, I think that now, Kaiser, Azazel, and other hot guys might be able to affect her again.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 12:30   Link #351
kuromitsu

Quote:
With the people in the arena, I can understand if they're drunk, caught in the moment, they're not in the best mindset for comprehensive independent thinking.

And yeah, being the capital, word should have spread about what was going on. But also, I was just thinking, does Charioce only take his Onyx soldiers on his god raids? He doesn't seem to really care for the Orleans knights and hasn't been including them much, so I'm thinking yes.
The Onyx knights seem to be silent warriors, they don't seem to talk at all. So, if they didn't speak of what really goes on and of course Charioce doesn't either, then people might not have a total idea of what Charioce is doing when he goes out for a fight. Perhaps they think when he's being anti-god he was just telling them that their services weren't needed. Not that he was raiding their sanctuaries and hunting them down.
The demons have been defeated 5 years ago and yet Charioce is still going out to do battle with his special corps, even if he was actively trying to hush-hush the whole raiding temples thing (and I can't imagine him doing that), I don't think the townfolk would need to be geniuses to understand who he's fighting.

TBH I think it's just that the writer sucked and created a plot hole. If the gods still have such passionate followers why didn't we see any of them before? Why didn't the writers show anyone reacting to Gabriel (the angel boss) showing up with anything other than booing? Why had no-one helped Jeanne when she was disgraced? Well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not necessarily against plot contrivances in a show like this, this one just stood out to me.

Quote:
What did he actually say in the Japanese? I only know they translated it to windpipe in the subs.
It was just "throat". Which of course could refer to the windpipe, but given the context I think it's obvious that he meant that they crushed his throat (presumably by strangling him) which caused an injury that made him lose the ability to speak. I was just wondering, because "windpipe" is weirdly specific, a crushed windpipe is not the type of injury that you just live with like that, angelic stock or not.

Quote:
I think Azazel might work again. I think the idea, or at least how it makes sense for me, is that when Nina found herself believing she was in love, her feelings and emotions towards other men changed and so she could no longer change into a dragon with any of them. I don't think any other man would have worked at that point other than "Chris". However, in the midst of a broken heart and in shock over finding out Charioce and Chris are the same, whatever hold her "love" for him was, in no longer in play.
Because of this, I think that now, Kaiser, Azazel, and other hot guys might be able to affect her again.
I don't expect Azazel to be looking particularly hot after the torturer finishes with him... (Come to think of it, wasn't he supposed to be immune to human weapons? Kaisar stabbed him in the heart and he shrugged it off. It took Jeanne's holy weapon to actually injure him. I imagine they must be controlling his magic to be able to keep him prisoner, but how do they even manage to torture him with normal devices? ...I guess this is one of those things we shouldn't be thinking too deeply about. )

That aside, nah, Azazel probably wouldn't work in this case. He wouldn't know suave if it hit him in the face! (Just look at how awkward and uncomfortable he was when he tried to make Nina transform. I think it speaks volumes that the most romantic line that left his mouth so far was directed at Mugaro, of all people, and as such was most likely completely unintentional. ) Kaisar on the other hand is... well, not particularly suave either, but he's chivalrous and gentle by nature, which makes it easier to generate a sort of romantic mood.

(By the way I wouldn't be so sure that Nina is out of love with Charioce/Chris. Love doesn't really work in such a simple way.)
Old 2017-06-18, 13:57   Link #352
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Kaisar on the other hand is... well, not particularly suave either, but he's chivalrous and gentle by nature, which makes it easier to generate a sort of romantic mood.

(By the way I wouldn't be so sure that Nina is out of love with Charioce/Chris. Love doesn't really work in such a simple way.)
I agree with that sentiment.

I notice none of us have suggested Afro-boy as a potential partner for Nina's transformation. All they'd have to do is dump a bucket of water on Favaro's head and let things develop as they did in episode nine. Getting NinaDragon to focus on the right target will still be tricky.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 14:01   Link #353
kuromitsu

I continue to root for the BL option. What's better than one hot guy? Two hot guys, of course!
Old 2017-06-18, 14:18   Link #354
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
I continue to root for the BL option. What's better than one hot guy? Two hot guys, of course!
No no no. You're thinking to small my friend. It's all the hot guys!. We need a BL harem here. And what do you know there's an all male prison right next door.
Old 2017-06-18, 17:11   Link #355
Irenesharda

Quote:
It was just "throat". Which of course could refer to the windpipe, but given the context I think it's obvious that he meant that they crushed his throat (presumably by strangling him) which caused an injury that made him lose the ability to speak. I was just wondering, because "windpipe" is weirdly specific, a crushed windpipe is not the type of injury that you just live with like that, angelic stock or not.
I can see what they were going for since saying "crushed throat" in English sounds awkward. And to be honest, as I pointed out before, you could survive a tracheal injury such as breakage as long as there is someway for air to make it through. It would be a lot of pain and it would be difficult, but doable. Strangely enough, crushing to the larynx where the voicebox is, would be much more fatal than damage to the trachea. Though both are of course pretty bad.

Quote:
I don't expect Azazel to be looking particularly hot after the torturer finishes with him...
This is anime here, an anime bad boy getting tortured? I know many a girl (myself included? ) who would find that pretty hot...
And Nina's not that far off from us anime girl fans...

Though seriously, if she can almost turn into a dragon by a hot guy ruffian holding her up by her throat and about to beat on her, I think any hot guy would work...

Quote:
That aside, nah, Azazel probably wouldn't work in this case. He wouldn't know suave if it hit him in the face! (Just look at how awkward and uncomfortable he was when he tried to make Nina transform. I think it speaks volumes that the most romantic line that left his mouth so far was directed at Mugaro, of all people, and as such was most likely completely unintentional. ) Kaisar on the other hand is... well, not particularly suave either, but he's chivalrous and gentle by nature, which makes it easier to generate a sort of romantic mood.
I don't think that he has to be "romantic" for it to work. Again, the thugs example. They definitely weren't being romantic. Also, Azazel wasn't being romantic the first two times he turned her into a dragon. And for any woman who has gone out with an awkward but cute guy, he doesn't need to be suave or genteel to make her heart go pitter-patter.

Quote:
I never really thought she was "in love" in the first place. As you say, it doesn't work so simply. She's sixteen (17 now), she sees a really attractive guys who is charming and takes her to dance one night. It's the most any hot guy has paid attention to her, and so she thinks she's in love. It's all the hallmark of a teenage romance.
The problem is, teenage romances rarely last, and her crush on Chris had all the hallmarks of that.
I think this will end up being a learning experience for her. She's probably still affected by Charioce, and you are right in that it will take time for her to heal, but it's a process.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-06-18, 18:28   Link #356
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
No no no. You're thinking to small my friend. It's all the hot guys!. We need a BL harem here. And what do you know there's an all male prison right next door.
I like the way you think! Rita should send a note with Rocky to Favaro and Kaisar to gather the hottest inmates...

Quote:
I can see what they were going for since saying "crushed throat" in English sounds awkward. And to be honest, as I pointed out before, you could survive a tracheal injury such as breakage as long as there is someway for air to make it through. It would be a lot of pain and it would be difficult, but doable. Strangely enough, crushing to the larynx where the voicebox is, would be much more fatal than damage to the trachea. Though both are of course pretty bad.
I don't think anything was actually, physically crushed? It's just an expression, it's not really meant to be taken literally (I don't know what is the correct equivalent in English). What I think happened going by Azazel's words is that they strangled him and that dislocated something in his larynx, or caused a bruise that didn't heal well, or injured his vocal chords or something.

Quote:
This is anime here, an anime bad boy getting tortured? I know many a girl (myself included? ) who would find that pretty hot...
And Nina's not that far off from us anime girl fans...
I could absolutely take more scenes of half naked Azazel being whipped and writhing and groaning in pain, but let's face it it's the sort of thing that's probably not supposed to be all that hot in-universe.

Quote:
I don't think that he has to be "romantic" for it to work. Again, the thugs example. They definitely weren't being romantic. Also, Azazel wasn't being romantic the first two times he turned her into a dragon. And for any woman who has gone out with an awkward but cute guy, he doesn't need to be suave or genteel to make her heart go pitter-patter.
That may be so, but considering the circumstances, I think Nina would definitely need more than a pretty face...

Btw I don't think Azazel was ever romantic with her. He never even tried! At best he was embarrassed, and at the festival he looked like he would have rather been anywhere else doing anything else. (Meanwhile he very gently strokes Mugaro's hair and goes "If you keep smiling I might just not die tonight" in the kind of voice that I hear from Morita's character in the romantic scenes in the game I'm playing right now. It was probably unintentional but damn if it didn't make my heart skip a beat! I bet that if he had ever been like that with Nina, Charioce wouldn't be a problem anymore...)

Quote:
I never really thought she was "in love" in the first place. As you say, it doesn't work so simply. She's sixteen (17 now), she sees a really attractive guys who is charming and takes her to dance one night. It's the most any hot guy has paid attention to her, and so she thinks she's in love. It's all the hallmark of a teenage romance.
Oh, I think she was very much in love. Probably still is. "A story of love and destruction" is the series' tagline, after all, the PV that introduced it featured Nina and Charioce (and then Red Dragon Nina rampaging, heh), and the two are all but openly set up as the main couple. (Whether they'll actually end up together or not is another question - Favaro and Amira didn't, not really.)

Quote:
The problem is, teenage romances rarely last,
This is anime, though.
Old 2017-06-18, 23:53   Link #357
scififan

Quote:

Oh, I think she was very much in love. Probably still is. "A story of love and destruction" is the series' tagline, after all, the PV that introduced it featured Nina and Charioce (and then Red Dragon Nina rampaging, heh), and the two are all but openly set up as the main couple. (Whether they'll actually end up together or not is another question - Favaro and Amira didn't, not really.)

This is anime, though.
What happened in episode 10 reminds me about Jeanne in the first season. The show had the bitter sweet ending. I had a feeling that this season will be the same.

Your comment on Nina and Charioce may have some merit. Japanese writer loves the idea of tragedy. The novel Shinobi -Basilisk was inspired by Romeo and Juliet. Instead writing about the balcony talk of two star crossed lovers, they wrote the sword duel of star crossed lovers. Since this show is going to be 24 episodes, they may introduce a more suitable man for Nina, I hope.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 06:35   Link #358
Irenesharda

Quote:

I just can't agree with that as I can't really consider what she had, what I define as actual "love". Infatuation and attraction, yes. But not actual love.

Whatever the PVs showed, honestly it wasn't much. Realize that everything we've seen between the two of them was in that one episode. A single episode of a somewhat interaction and I'm supposed to feel like this is some kind of "love for the ages"? I don't think so.
With Favaro and Amira, we got to see them grow and develop as a couple throughout the entire series. From the very first episode, we see them meet, grow annoyed with each other, one try to betray the others, the two grow to like each other and become friends and then eventually fall in love by the end. With Charioce and Nina, we have seen them together for barely 20 mins of screentime, nothing has advanced much from that first initial meeting and date, and we are now at the end of the first half! If they do decide to do a rush development in the second half (which I doubt), they will have to write their butts off to make it even a bit intriguing.

I just can't see this as some kind of compelling love story between the two of them with so little personal interaction they've had thus far. Not even a tragic love story. They could force it, I guess, by the end. But I won't believe it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-06-19, 07:13   Link #359
kuromitsu

Quote:
I just can't agree with that as I can't really consider what she had, what I define as actual "love". Infatuation and attraction, yes. But not actual love.
I mean, this is anime, not real life. It's not trying to be realistic and follow realistic psychological patterns. She has a pretty heavy crush, that's plenty enough. Depending how the story proceeds it might become more, or might fade away.

Quote:
Whatever the PVs showed, honestly it wasn't much. Realize that everything we've seen between the two of them was in that one episode. A single episode of a somewhat interaction and I'm supposed to feel like this is some kind of "love for the ages"? I don't think so.
I don't think you're supposed to feel like it's a "love for the ages". So far we have a crush on one side and amused but definite interest on the other, a set-up for whatever they're planning for the second cour. (Actually what we have is already more than we had with Favaro & Amira halfway into Genesis. The romance aspect for those two was pretty out of focus for 90% of the show, people just felt it was more because they were a designated couple so we could count on them developing feelings for each other.)

Quote:
With Charioce and Nina, we have seen them together for barely 20 mins of screentime, nothing has advanced much from that first initial meeting and date, and we are now at the end of the first half!
...of a two-cour show. I don't think any development from here would count as rushed. (Unless they do rush it, of course - but if that happens it will be on the writer and not the time available.)

Quote:
I just can't see this as some kind of compelling love story between the two of them with so little personal interaction they've had thus far.
Again... thus far. We're (somewhat less than) halfway into the show. There's plenty of time for developments, in whatever direction. They'll have to give Charioce himself some focus sooner or later, anyway...
Old 2017-06-23, 14:40   Link #360
Irenesharda

Interesting new episode, though strangely, wasn't really the best of episodes either.

Our main cast was okay, but their running around and escaping felt largely overshadowed by what was going on in the war. Their reunion felt boring and tacked on. No one asked any questions and just seemed to take everything in stride. And Nina's silliness is getting a bit annoying.

Though all the Indiana Jones references were fun. I feel like a rode a ride that was like this, of course based on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but I just can't remember just where... I'm sure it will come to me.

Allessand annoys the crap out of me, can the kid die off? He's angry that the demon patrol is fighting the front lines? Of course, Charioce would have them fight the front lines! They are basically just meat shields to him. Of course his thinking would be to have them killed off before you risk any of your human soldiers.

And the people have turned on Charioce pretty quickly. They are tired of having to always evacuate. And he's the one who picked the fight with heaven in the first place! Heaven is tearing up Charioce's men, who are pretty weak when you take away their precious green light from them.
Where is Charioce digging up all this green crystal anyway?

However, Gabriel and Charioce are making the same mistakes here. Gabriel is counting on El as her ace in the hole, but he might not be able to take all the power that Charioce is going to throw at him. Charioce on the other hand, is so set on proving himself superior and that he can kill anything that he's activated a doomsday device that "hasn't been tested yet and could be dangerous", which anyone who has seen anything in the last 20 years, knows will mean that it will 99.99999% go wrong and turn a bad situation, worse.

Oh, and I miss Azazel. I honestly want to know what's happening with him. I actually like it more when was the main character and Nina supporting. I'm kind of over her at the moment.

Also, I hate to bring it up, but, did Charioce just kill every convict and guard in that prison? I mean, that thing was under the prison and then basically rose up and exploded it, so....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-06-23 at 15:10.

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead