xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 01:18   Link #343
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for chapter's out~:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 09:34   Link #344
marvelB

Boy, this was another fun chapter! So it doesn't seem that Livebearer's a cannibal after all, but the whole "memory theft" is very interesting, nonetheless. And it figures that the only way to obtain the meteor garlic would be through such a risky gambling method. I'm definitely looking forward to this "food concentration" game.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:15   Link #345
ellifeedn
Thinker

It won't be the same as seeing them eat the actual ingredient.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:12   Link #346
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
It won't be the same as seeing them eat the actual ingredient.
If it is, then I look forward to a future training method where all the super food "tastes" are stored in a simulation and the trainees just absorb and become super strong.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:38   Link #347
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Isn't that what the Bishokukai are doing with their robots?

I think it's safe to say that each of the four kings will have (at least) one of the ingredients from Acacia's full course. I wonder what ingredient Zebra will choose to obtain and who else would want Acacia's ingredients.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:08   Link #348
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Really interesting in seeing just how the food concentration will play out. At the moment, i seriously can't come up with any ideas.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:50   Link #349
marvelB

Quote:
I think it's safe to say that each of the four kings will have (at least) one of the ingredients from Acacia's full course. I wonder what ingredient Zebra will choose to obtain and who else would want Acacia's ingredients.

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion myself. I mean, so far we've got "God" (Toriko), "Earth" (Sani), and now "Atom" (Coco). There's also "Air", but that's reserved for Ichiryuu's menu. Going by the whole nature/elemental theme, Zebra's legendary ingredient will probably end up being called "Sun" or "Moon" or something like that.

BTW, I forgot to mention this before, but there's no chapter next week, since the series will be on a break. However, something interesting to note is that there will be a databook (known as the "gourmet hunting book") which will be released next week along with the series' 17th volume (which you may have noticed if you paid attention to the blurbs during the chapter). It notes that it will reveal some secrets from the manga as well as some other interesting facts, so it looks like it may be something to look out for.....
Old 2011-10-29, 23:31   Link #350
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
^ Isn't that what the Bishokukai are doing with their robots?

It's slightly different. Robots are still well robots. It is basically sort of like a fighter jet or gundam. The person doesn't really grow stronger and the robots' attacks, reaction, etc are still dependent on the user. In addition, it has been shown that the robots are still much weaker than the really strong people.

The use of food tastes to stimulate cell growth on the other hand would:
1) Make the actual "human" stronger
2) supposedly make the person as strong (except maybe psychologically) as another really strong person who went through all the trials to get the hard to get food.
Old 2011-10-30, 07:50   Link #351
ellifeedn
Thinker

IIRC back during the Jewel Meat arc they said the Robos had sensors or receptors (whatever it is) in their mouths that can allow the person connected to taste what the robot tastes and I assumed that that will cause the wearer to get stronger.
Old 2011-10-30, 10:20   Link #352
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
IIRC back during the Jewel Meat arc they said the Robos had sensors or receptors (whatever it is) in their mouths that can allow the person connected to taste what the robot tastes and I assumed that that will cause the wearer to get stronger.
hmmz don't recall that. But I was thinking more of a database that can just be reproduced easily to feed each warrior. So instead of having the hunt (using the robot or otherwise), a selected person just gets "fed" and becomes a superman
Old 2011-11-10, 10:52   Link #353
marvelB

Well, the break's over, so we've got a new spoiler on our hands:

Spoiler:

Edit: Well, the Chinese scans are out. I love how creepy Livebearer looks in just about every panel he appears in.

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-11-11 at 12:44.
Old 2011-11-14, 09:00   Link #354
ellifeedn
Thinker

While the translated chapter had a few typos, it still got the point across. Unfortunatly marvelB, your summary is wrong.
Old 2011-11-14, 11:42   Link #355
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for Concentration:

Can't wait for the next chapterrrr!
Old 2011-11-14, 12:09   Link #356
marvelB

Quote:
While the translated chapter had a few typos, it still got the point across. Unfortunatly marvelB, your summary is wrong.

Yeah, I noticed. Guess that's what happens when using a second-hand translation as a source!

Anyways, still a cool chapter (though I wish it were released a bit earlier.....). Obviously Toriko's team seems to have the upper hand right now, but I highly doubt that Livebearer will make things so easy for them. Maybe some of the ingredients on those cards are either poisonous or specially prepared types of food that may kill/incapacitate the eater if not prepared properly.....
Old 2011-11-14, 12:21   Link #357
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I'd say that's a certainty, but the team has Coco to guide Komatsu if need be, Toriko only has to eat, and even if it's an amazing amount of food, this is Toriko we're talking about...their combo is very strong, and Livebearer put his pride as a gambler on the table as well, so cheating is improbable...at least from his side, what is Match going to do though?
Thinking into it a bit more, if the next ingredient is milk, Toriko will be in trouble...cherries+milk=disaster
Old 2011-11-14, 13:49   Link #358
ellifeedn
Thinker

Could you explain the cherries and milk thing? And I realized something: if the food they want to win is in someone's memories, then does that mean they have to install that thing in their necks to eat the food?
Old 2011-11-15, 02:29   Link #359
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
if the food they want to win is in someone's memories, then does that mean they have to install that thing in their necks to eat the food?
I suppose it could be transferred in the form of a data chip...
Quote:
Could you explain the cherries and milk thing?
It's just hard on the bowels :P
Old 2011-11-15, 07:57   Link #360
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
they're gonna get plugged into a machine, and somebody's will get ctrl X-ed (not ctrl C-d)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen