AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-05-09, 18:21   Link #3761
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Hey, speaking of Episode 7... Well, any episode in general...

How long after an episode has been released does translation usually begin? I'd assume at least a few weeks so you guys could read it yourself in Japanese for fun.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 18:26   Link #3762
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
Hey, speaking of Episode 7... Well, any episode in general...

How long after an episode has been released does translation usually begin? I'd assume at least a few weeks so you guys could read it yourself in Japanese for fun.
It really depends on our schedules. For the Winter releases, everyone has stuff planned for most of a month, so it takes a while before we can get started. At the very least, it takes a week or so to get the episode and another to read it thoroughly (well, it rarely takes much more than 24 hours to read it, but it's important that we find all the things Ryuukishi's hidden).

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:25   Link #3763
Xplosivv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
We don't know when we'll be finished, only that we will get it done before EP7. Sorry that we can't be more specific now.
So, you're able to get it done in three months?

Awesome.
Xplosivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:34   Link #3764
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
It really depends on our schedules. For the Winter releases, everyone has stuff planned for most of a month, so it takes a while before we can get started. At the very least, it takes a week or so to get the episode and another to read it thoroughly (well, it rarely takes much more than 24 hours to read it, but it's important that we find all the things Ryuukishi's hidden).
I heard some people on Game FAQ's have translated about 25% of episode 6 already. Is that part of the reason why you'll be able to release it so soon?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 15:10   Link #3765
Himeyume
A New Witch

Okay...I'm new and this is going to sound massively dorky on my part, but The Witch Hunt, I would love to thank you for your awesome translations! Thanks to your effort translating the VN, my mother and I read each episode together XD! I greatly appreciate the work you've done. It's really cool seeing my mom really into Umineko and each character. The other day, she was complaining about why Battler and Beato didn't kiss yet. So, I'm really grateful. Please keep up the good work! Ugh, that was embarrassing o.O
Old 2010-05-10, 15:20   Link #3766
Graskell
invisible man

Before Ep7 =/= before Ep7 is released. I'd be happy to be wrong but I'm pretty sure Chrono was just stating the obvious.
Old 2010-05-10, 21:23   Link #3767
Shiro Kaisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graskell View Post
Before Ep7 =/= before Ep7 is released. I'd be happy to be wrong but I'm pretty sure Chrono was just stating the obvious.
It's a pretty damn likely bet that Ep. 6 will be finished before Ep. 7 is released. People didn't think 5 was gonna make it before 6 came out, but it did.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 22:50   Link #3768
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeyume View Post
Okay...I'm new and this is going to sound massively dorky on my part, but The Witch Hunt, I would love to thank you for your awesome translations! Thanks to your effort translating the VN, my mother and I read each episode together XD! I greatly appreciate the work you've done. It's really cool seeing my mom really into Umineko and each character. The other day, she was complaining about why Battler and Beato didn't kiss yet. So, I'm really grateful. Please keep up the good work! Ugh, that was embarrassing o.O
tell her they had bondage sex
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 03:06   Link #3769
Kyubinoyoko

Cuz the thread isn't closed i think the project isn't closed too, so i wanted to ask wheather all the links in page 1 are linked to a empty page.
I was disappointed from the End of the Anime so i wanna know much more of the story, i really wana have the VN ._.
Kyubinoyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:01   Link #3770
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyubinoyoko View Post
Cuz the thread isn't closed i think the project isn't closed too, so i wanted to ask wheather all the links in page 1 are linked to a empty page.
I was disappointed from the End of the Anime so i wanna know much more of the story, i really wana have the VN ._.
Download the Witch Hunt patches here!

And buy the Visual Novel from http://www.himeyashop.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 22:04   Link #3771
Keriaku
Thought Being

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but does anyone know if there is anywhere that has all the translated Umineko extras compiled somewhere (Ex. Anti-Fantasy vs. Anti-Mystery, Valentine's Day one, Gohda one etc.)

Or does anyone know atleast where I can find some of them?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 23:00   Link #3772
D3monicWolv3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but does anyone know if there is anywhere that has all the translated Umineko extras compiled somewhere (Ex. Anti-Fantasy vs. Anti-Mystery, Valentine's Day one, Gohda one etc.)

Or does anyone know atleast where I can find some of them?
Most of them have been translated. http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/TIPS
Old 2010-05-13, 05:51   Link #3773
DgBarca

Quote:
Work on the EP1-4 update patch is almost finished, but we'll probably need about a week to straighten everything up.
So the new patch is coming soon ? Can't wait to read EP1-2-3-4 again !
But if it comes out a bit later, I will not complain, I understand, I guess I will watch a anime while waiting...(I just finished CLANNAD oh damn... T__T)

Good luck for EP6 ^^!
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 12:59   Link #3774
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3monicWolv3s View Post
Could someone add notes to that wiki as to when the TIPS are safe to read?
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 17:21   Link #3775
moichispa
Endless witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Could someone add notes to that wiki as to when the TIPS are safe to read?
As far as I know "Whose Tea Party?" has ep6 character spoiler

Butterfly Kiss had ep6 spoiler but the translated version has not that part.

# Bernkastel's Letter
# Anti-Mystery vs. Anti-Fantasy
# Lambda's Diary                       
# Why Are Closed Room Murders So Beautiful?
# Notes From a Certain Cook
# The Seven Sisters' Valentine
# Beatrice's White Day# The Witches' Tanabata
# Arigato For 556
# Game Master BATTLER!
# Butterfly Kiss Episode1.5配布メッセージペーパー
# Labor Thanksgiving Day Gifts

All these are have spoilers from episodes 1-5. Not from 6
Old 2010-05-13, 17:28   Link #3776
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3monicWolv3s View Post
Arigato for 556 still hasn't been translated? ... ugh... that's the only one I really care about...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 21:43   Link #3777
Wolfpack

Question. Does anyone know where the Umineko save files are on the computer? I'm trying to transfer my game to another computer right now, but I can't seem to find them. My computer OS is Vista.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 22:10   Link #3778
ameskitty
Kupo

Should be in C:\ProgramData\Umineko4final.

You will probably need to type this path in manually in the path bar, because the ProgramData folder is hidden in most cases and it's hard to get Explorer to show it.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 23:34   Link #3779
ameskitty
Kupo

Okay, double post, because this is completely unrelated. I found this earlier and it's been eating at me a bit (sorry if this is considered off-topic):

Has anybody noticed how Himeya's prices are getting...almost extortionately high? I was bored and checking the price of a Touhou game I've been wanting to order and noticed that the yen-to-USD markup was much more ridiculous than I remembered. I looked at Umineko because I was curious.

Keep this in mind - looking at trends on Yahoo, the exchange rate really hasn't fluctuated that much in the past year.

When I bought Umineko last year it was...$28 or $29 (iirc). Plenty reasonable. The last price I remember seeing this year was $32, and today it's suddenly $37. That's almost a $10 surcharge from the direct exchange rate, and while I realize that it's expensive to do business in other countries and pay currency conversion fees, I think $10 is more than anybody would expect for such costs.

I'm thinking it might be about time to add a few more shops to the "official" list on the Witch-Hunt website, since Paletweb's offerings are frequently "sold out please request"...and, yup, looks like they're equally expensive nowadays.

AmiAmi and Mandarake are other options I've found that offer international shipping, and they give you the direct exchange rate, which makes them considerably cheaper. I've ordered multiple times now from AmiAmi and, although they require you to pay through PayPal and their ordering system is a bit...unconventional, if anything (they do not give you a shipping price until they confirm your order and they require you to manually send the PayPal payment in a fairly specific way once you do so), I can say confidently that they are a reputable shop with prompt shipping after payment and good shipping options. (Here's a rundown of their shipping options)

I unfortunately can't offer a review for Mandarake yet. It seems like they allow credit card and IPMO payments in addition to PayPal, and also purchase without registration (although accounts are available). Their ordering system also appears a lot less confusing, although I don't think you can find their shipping rates without actually ordering. If anybody has any experience with them, by all means help me out .

Both may be a bit more "scary" than the existing shops on the list (AmiAmi especially with the PayPal thing) in that they show a foreign currency as the price. Some countries may also not have as much of a favorable rate towards the yen as they do to the USD. But Himeya and Paletweb are still options for people uncomfortable with the yen, so I don't see why that should be a reason why those two shops aren't on the list.

TLDR: here are the links to the English versions of two alternate sites where you can order Umineko:
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/

Sorry for this long, slightly nerdy rant (I have a tendency to do that, no matter what the topic, especially when I'm bored and...procrastinating ). But I wanted to share some alternate sites so that newer potential readers don't get ripped off.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 23:45   Link #3780
Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Should be in C:\ProgramData\Umineko4final.

You will probably need to type this path in manually in the path bar, because the ProgramData folder is hidden in most cases and it's hard to get Explorer to show it.
Thanks alot for the info, rogue. It worked.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation