AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-11-04, 00:20   Link #361
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Great episode Favaro is my favorite out of the cast, Kaiser i feel sorry for him but his character's annoying for some reason. Rita is epic nuff said. They have a dragon well zombie dragon. I wounder how Favaro got his scar he didn't have it in the flash backs
Old 2014-11-04, 00:39   Link #362
Irenesharda

I don't know what it is about this show, but it seems to out do itself every time. I thought last week was the best episode so far, but then along came this one, and it was the best so far.

I love how our in-it-for-himself hero, Favaro is beginning to show his heart of gold and is going after the girl who cursed him and he was going to kill and betray but three episodes ago, as well as the former friend that is out to kill him. And not only that, but he gives up his livelihood as well, and has decided to take up outlaw status, all because of two people that he is beginning to care about (or in Kaisar's case, care about still). We knew Favaro's heart of gold would begin to shine through.

Rita was an awesome characters this episode, she's already loyal enough to Kaiser to brave the wrath of Lucifer's second in command to go and rescue her new traveling buddy. She seems to know and have met Azazel before, I wonder how? Was he the one to give her her powers?

Bahamut is becoming a major threat and the angels are doing their best to hold it it bay. They don't know what they'll do if he actually awakens.

Amira's having a pretty hard time this episode, poisoned and tortured about stuff she doesn't seem to know? Why is Amira stealing the keys? And is she really a demon or does she have some sort of guardian inside of her that manifests itself to look like her demon form?
Azazel seems to recognize what it is that protects her. Also, the demons don't include her as one of their own, so what is she exactly? Is Jeanne's second in command knight, Lavalley, actually her father as I've been suspecting? He has a pendant exactly like Amira's and they seem to respond to each other. It was how he know where Azazel was going and that Amira was with him. And it was how he knew that she flew off with Favaro and the group on the zombie wyvern at the end. Amira says her mother had a necklace just like hers, so either there are three necklaces about, or Amira's mother is dead and Lavalley wears the pendant now. The only reason you would wear someone else's pendant is if you were pretty close to them and cared for them.

It was interesting seeing that Favaro has recognized Azazel as the demon that set up their families and killed his dad, and also Azazel knows who Favero and Kaiser are. I'm hoping Kaiser will find out the truth sooner than later. He actually seems to be the stronger between the two, especially when he's fired up.

And then that awesome fight at the end. It was just so cool how they used regular medieval artillery, and used holy magic to make it spectacularly devastating. And how often do we get humans armies that are actually competent in these things? That was amazing in and of itself. And Jeanne is one of the best Jeanne D'Arcs I've seen, her angelic attack was just great.

I'm so loving this series, I can't wait until next episode. I looks like we're going to get some backstory now on the knights.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 00:44   Link #363
Kusano

What was Favaro's motivation for rescuing Amira anyway. Thought he also wanted to get rid of her or was he after Kaiser? lol.
Old 2014-11-04, 01:04   Link #364
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusano View Post
What was Favaro's motivation for rescuing Amira anyway. Thought he also wanted to get rid of her or was he after Kaiser? lol.
Well, he seems to have a conscience buried their somewhere, it just took quite a while to come out. Also, considering how he seems to have no problem killing obstacles in his way, the fact that he has never actually tried to kill Kaisar all this time, shows that he still cares for the guy.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 02:17   Link #365
R.LocK
My turn

I just love how Sawashiro Miyuki's voice sounds when Rita questions the meaning of Favaro's dad's words. Can't explain why. Just love it.

Also, as a fan of DMC4 and Pirates of the Caribbean I approve this episode.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 06:12   Link #366
bastek66

They decided to publish series on BD/DVD. Four disc volumes each has 3 episodes so it's 12 episodes.
Old 2014-11-04, 07:58   Link #367
brocko

Still always a possibility of a split season or sequel!
(Or maybe the published info is just incomplete?)

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 08:18   Link #368
Ray
Garnet

No, the director confirmed it to be one cour. There's always a possibility for a sequel, I suppose.

Last edited by Ray; 2014-11-04 at 10:00.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 08:52   Link #369
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Now that's what I call throwing a punch.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 09:19   Link #370
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Damn, i hoped this would be a 2 cour show...
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 09:19   Link #371
Vocah

I don't really understand why Favaro can't simply get another one of those bounty hunter bracers. I mean, if you hunt out the bounties there sure as hell are situations where those things get broken, right?
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 10:31   Link #372
kuromitsu

By the way, I just realized...

Laurus (laurel) -> Kaisar (Caesar->emperor)?

Pretty good naming sense, there. I guess they were really high aristocracy...

Also I'm wondering why Azazel remembered the names of the duo's fathers, it's not like an Azazel-type character to remember the names of random humans. There seems to be a lot more behind that incident as it seems....
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 11:49   Link #373
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusano View Post
No he didn't. He fell in love with her at first sight, remember?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 11:54   Link #374
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
I don't really understand why Favaro can't simply get another one of those bounty hunter bracers. I mean, if you hunt out the bounties there sure as hell are situations where those things get broken, right?
Given how little we know about the bracelets, we really have no choice but to take what Favaro and Bacchus have said about it at face value. Maybe they're really rare and so it's on the bounty hunter to take care of and make sure they don't lose their's, or something. Or, equally possible given it's Bacchus we're talking about, replacing it is simply far more than Favaro can afford.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 12:00   Link #375
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Favaros not in love with Amira as far as we know. We he first saw her, he thought she was attractive, but that's about it. He did try to get her captured/killed just three episodes ago.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 12:02   Link #376
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This series remained a lot of fun to watch. It's the most enjoyable fantasy I've seen in a while.

Rito is steadily becoming the best character in the show. How can you not fall for a deadpan zombie loli voiced by Miyukichi? One that can rocket punch to boot! Favaro is becoming more and more likable. He started out as a real jerk, but now we're starting to see he isn't as rotten as he looks. I hope he'll manage to mend his friendship with Kaisar. The two of them could accomplish great things.
Old 2014-11-04, 12:09   Link #377
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That was Kaisar (well, even Kaisar mostly appreciated her beauty).

Favaro went after her because he was going after Kaisar anyway, plus he's grown to care for her despite the whole business with the tail.
Old 2014-11-04, 13:15   Link #378
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

To be honest, getting a tail isn't the end of the world, especially if you can hide it. Sure, it will come out at the worst times but hey...

And I think that having the bracelet works as a sort of pardon. Remember how badly that one Knight treated Kaiser and even how repulsed Kaiser is to having one? It's as if they give certain criminals the chance to become a bounty hunter in exchange for leniency. Favaro is the son of a well-known thief - it wouldn't surprise me if they locked him up because of that. Then again, this isn't One Piece... But it seems that while bounty hunters can become popular with the common folk, organized institutions such as Knights and noble houses look down upon them just like criminals almost. Which is weird since they apparently work for a divine being of some sort. Luckily, Bacchus seems to hold no allegiance to the Gods or Devils alike.

Edit: Speaking of... the Angel Michael in this show is a guy???
I knew Michael was pretty androgynous-looking and sounding but... no, I shouldn't be surprised any more. I really shouldn't.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2014-11-04 at 13:27.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 14:05   Link #379
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Edit: Speaking of... the Angel Michael in this show is a guy???
I knew Michael was pretty androgynous-looking and sounding but... no, I shouldn't be surprised any more. I really shouldn't.
He's even voiced by a guy...
Old 2014-11-04, 14:47   Link #380
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Sounded like a girl to me... *goes to Corner of Shame*

EDIT:

Anyway, chances of Amira's father being some sort of high-ranking devil who sealed his 'devilness' into Amira and who is using the pendant to keep track/tabs of her? It only makes sense that he's using the pendant to track her since he only appears near to where she is. In the whole world, of all the places he could have gone to, he follows a near exact path to the town where she first appeared up until they hitch a ride with Bacchus up to the port city. Coincidence? There are no coincidences.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2014-11-04 at 15:23.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy