AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-08-19, 09:34   Link #361
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I had to watch the teaser on mute, but -- still excited.
Kagami~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 16:40   Link #362
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah I'm definitely gonna enjoy Clannad afterstory hopefully I don't burst into tears.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 10:12   Link #363
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

In any case we are dangerously approaching spoiler territory. Let's leave the ending discussion out of here, and just enjoy the ride when it starts
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:25   Link #364
sakuravs

Ok, I have some words for the offending Klashikari mod's ridiculous action and comments over the last few posts there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
boundaries of spoilers are way too close here...
Do you guys really think that speculations considering a spoiler!?!?

First, has the series really started YET or NOT??? If NOT, you can't called it a spoiler or your fancy term "boundaries of spoiler" whatever and irresponsibly delete other's posts like that!

When you say spoiler, it means when a series is already aired, someone has watched it and told the others who haven't yet watched it about the story and contents.

And Klashikari, if my post irritated your sensibility to the extent that you yourself call it "spoiler". Why not just edit a spoiler tag around it?

Call an admin right here and we'll discuss it over, Klashikari I don't mean to offend you but I personally think you're abusing your right as a mod.
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:31   Link #365
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If you believe it isn't spoiler, feel free to believe so. But considering the comments and reports, I couldn't let them be.

For your instance, mentioning the type of ending is already kind of spoilers, and various people wouldn't like to be spoiled for a media they don't intend to follow or forget (the mention of Clannad Movie and its ending was exactly in the problematic boundaries).

And as mentioned already, in specific threads, we do not allow spoilers even in spoilers tags. In various instance like fansubbed without any sub-forum, such spoiler tags are allowed. But in sub-forums, it isn't as there is space to allow such discussion somewhere else, such like speculation/spoilers, which this discussion should be.

Read again the guidelines:
Quote:
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
I fail to see how it is unclear, especially it was posted from the very beginning of the thread.

also...
Quote:
When you say spoiler, it means when a series is already aired
Wrong. You can spoil anyone with original or alternative material, which happened here. Even if it isn't anything blatant or whatsoever, mentioning material not from the same media has already a huge chance of spoiler, if even slightly "faithful". In the movie case, the mention of the ending can be extremely in detriment for "Clannad AS virgin discovery".
In general rule, there is no need for a series to be aired to get effective spoilers. There were already a lot of such examples and occurances for others shows (typically, people mentioning events from the manga etc). So don't claim such statement.

Also, I'm hardly irritated whatsoever, and I believe it wasn't anything against the posters, but to prevent other people who aren't exactly great with any kind of hints that can be deemed as spoilers. I'm already spoiled (played the game actually), so basically, my power as mod here is moot because it doens't relate to my enjoyement, but this MIGHT impair others'. As result, the edit was required in my opinion.

Also, please understand that you are welcome to discuss with the moderator whom you have a problem with, but in PM. I'm not sure if people are fancying to see such discussion in the wild.
So I'm not even offended, but kinda upset that doing your job properly is just calling forth some weird lightning of judgment of nowhere, without much room to coold head down.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-08-22 at 12:47.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:44   Link #366
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am sorry, but the thread guidelines are pretty clare about spoilers and about the fact they shouldn't be mentioned in this thread. Anime only watchers should be able to use this thread withot having to worry about getting spoiled regarding the types of endings the game has, never mind more specific content. We have several threads where game players can discuss the events without holding back. If a game virgin wants to find out some specific event, he can post there or use the Clannad - Q & A thread. That's what they are there for. Please don't discuss this issue any further as it would be off-topic to the topic at hand, which is the general discussion of Clannad AS.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-08-22 at 23:06.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 16:43   Link #367
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Thanks for those deletions mods. I was worried about reading through this thread because I might come across some unforseen spoilers or "hints" on what the ending might end up as.

As for the AS itself, has it actually been confirmed that the starting date and time is in fact 2nd Oct @ 25:59?
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 18:46   Link #368
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Thanks for those deletions mods. I was worried about reading through this thread because I might come across some unforseen spoilers or "hints" on what the ending might end up as.

As for the AS itself, has it actually been confirmed that the starting date and time is in fact 2nd Oct @ 25:59?
It would be October 3rd as only the japanese Tv listings will use past 23:59 after that it is the next day.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 20:52   Link #369
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Yeah that's what I mean. I just wondered if it has actually been announced anywhere on the internet that that's the actual start date.
Old 2008-08-23, 06:32   Link #370
Invi
*Fansubber

I see, your definition of spoiler is pretty ridiculous, but oh well... From now I know what should not be posted :/

Anyway, I just hope KyoAni will do the right thing and AS will be EPIC and unforgettable.
Invi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 06:45   Link #371
Ottocycle

Quote:
Yeah that's what I mean. I just wondered if it has actually been announced anywhere on the internet that that's the actual start date.
Let me redirect you to this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invi View Post
I see, your definition of spoiler is pretty ridiculous, but oh well... From now I know what should not be posted :/
Let me ask, were there aspects of the game which potentially could be shown on future episodes in the upcoming AS anime? If yes, it qualifies as a spoiler, since it spoils some viewers' experience by letting know of future events, simple as that. If you want someone to blame for this aggressive stance, blame those shounen-anime people who went crazy with their manga spoilers.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 07:21   Link #372
Invi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Let me ask, were there aspects of the game which potentially could be shown on future episodes in the upcoming AS anime?...
...If you want someone to blame for this aggressive stance, blame those shounen-anime people who went crazy with their manga spoilers.
No, and no, I don't want to blame anyone^^. And I'll send you pm because it's a bit offtopic ^^"
Invi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 07:23   Link #373
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invi View Post
Nah, I'd say his reasoning made perfect sense, and while I don't think I actually said anything that bad, being more like a vague implication of what may or may not happen, I understand how the mods wouldn't want those kinds of posts here either.
Old 2008-08-23, 13:28   Link #374
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Just wondering...if spoilers under spoiler tags are off limits, why do we have spoiler tags? Aren't all spoilers technically about future events?
Kagami~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 13:33   Link #375
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Just wondering...if spoilers under spoiler tags are off limits, why do we have spoiler tags? Aren't all spoilers technically about future events?
The mods are telling us to use the Spoilers & Speculations Thread to write about spoilers.
Old 2008-08-23, 13:53   Link #376
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Spoils tags are used when people have no choice and post them (for argument or information sake).

However, it has been prohibited for sub forums because:
1) most people just don't use proper spoiler tags title (one thing in spoiler tags is absolutely impossible to determine its nature, it is like a surprise box, it is as useful as posting spoilers without warning)
2) there is always proper threads reserved for this in such sub-forums
3) there are accidents and some people abuse also the spoilers tags.

Point 1 and 2 are the biggest issue, and most of the time, point 2 prevail. In such case, the current thread isn't suitable if expectation and speculations using game and/or movie.

Again, any information that doesn't belong to the anime media has still a high chance to spoil, especially for things not yet unfolded.
This can be applied to most if not all manga-> anime adaptions, even if the studio take some freedom in some events or scrapping everything (like negima). And considering the way it is hazardous, the rules have been enforced for a long time in AS, that's it. It isn't only for Clannad.

Let this off topic ends, alright gentlemen? I think it is already dragging too much already.
Old 2008-08-25, 15:52   Link #377
Kristen
*Author

So, I'm guessing there's no capped footage of the new OP and ED?
Old 2008-08-25, 22:49   Link #378
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
So, I'm guessing there's no capped footage of the new OP and ED?
not that any of us can find, if there is any
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 06:20   Link #379
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Okay, finally this is what I was waiting for - an official announcement of when the series will air:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/clannad/01news/news.html#003

And let's hope that they will screen it in widescreen HD from the start... =_=... but seeing as the broadcast premiere will be on TBS with BS-i later, it seems highly unlikely.
Old 2008-08-29, 13:01   Link #380
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Okay, finally this is what I was waiting for - an official announcement of when the series will air:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/clannad/01news/news.html#003

And let's hope that they will screen it in widescreen HD from the start... =_=... but seeing as the broadcast premiere will be on TBS with BS-i later, it seems highly unlikely.
I'm hoping for airing the same way as last season. My computer has a 4:3 screen, and the TV in my room is 4:3, so I prefer to see it on the fullscreen other than letterboxed. XD