AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-15, 15:55   Link #3841
Ashaman

Just what I read. ?shrug? I assumed it was because Imgine Breaker passively takes all his brain power for continuous use, even when not actually negating.

Also yes, greatly enjoy your summaries. Very useful.

Btw, I just read that Touma was almost stabbed as a kid because someone blamed him for their bad luck, and then media people began to sworm him, trying to make a supernatural show based on him and even going as far as to sell photo's of him without consent.

Could someone please confirm/elaborate on this.
Old 2010-08-15, 17:27   Link #3842
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Just what I read. ?shrug? I assumed it was because Imgine Breaker passively takes all his brain power for continuous use, even when not actually negating.

Also yes, greatly enjoy your summaries. Very useful.

Btw, I just read that Touma was almost stabbed as a kid because someone blamed him for their bad luck, and then media people began to sworm him, trying to make a supernatural show based on him and even going as far as to sell photo's of him without consent.

Could someone please confirm/elaborate on this.
If my memory don't fail me thats true, its from Vol. 4 chap.5.
Old 2010-08-15, 17:34   Link #3843
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

There is no way that Touma out of all people can be smarter than Accelerator. Last time I checked, he was nearly failing class. Remember at the beginning Komoe called him in for summer lessons because of that? He just has a knack for surviving when in a fight and using IB, that's all.

If that bit about Touma's true, then people are stupid. Why the hell would the media believe a person like that and pester someone with more bad luck than others, of all things? And a child, too?

...although Accelerator suffered more. alone. with Kihara. Touma at least had his family to back him up and didn't have weapons pointed at him all the time.
Old 2010-08-15, 17:52   Link #3844
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Touma doesn't take remedial lessons because he's dumb (he's quite the opposite actually, seeing as in vol 20 he was able to calculate the trajectory of an HsB fighter jet and displayed remarkable reasoning, logical, and process of elimination skills in figuring out Fiamma's plans) he has to take them because his esper powers won't develop due to IB. Also, he seems to slack off in doing his work and regularly gets "fukou da'd" when he does try to concentrate on the work. He's not Accel or Mikoto level smart but he's not an idiot either. Touma would be about average or even slightly above if AC were normal.
Old 2010-08-15, 18:19   Link #3845
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
There is no way that Touma out of all people can be smarter than Accelerator. Last time I checked, he was nearly failing class. Remember at the beginning Komoe called him in for summer lessons because of that? He just has a knack for surviving when in a fight and using IB, that's all.

If that bit about Touma's true, then people are stupid. Why the hell would the media believe a person like that and pester someone with more bad luck than others, of all things? And a child, too?

...although Accelerator suffered more. alone. with Kihara. Touma at least had his family to back him up and didn't have weapons pointed at him all the time.
Didn't say smarter. Just that his brain is more advanced. If I recall the exact phrase was --- "His brain is more dangerous than any Level 5." Or something along those lines.

I got more advanced from that.

Also, this is unconfirmed. Its something I read somewhere, and I can't remember where right now. Might be some lies I read and thought was true. This is why I came here to ask.

Yeah, that media bit sucks. How old was Touma?

Poor Accel too. He got it worse.
Old 2010-08-15, 19:27   Link #3846
tsunade666

the part about his brain is more dangerous than any level 5 can be connect to the theory of his limitations on IB.

The IB works like an ability that erase any supernatural powers but what if that boundary was been lift off or broken. It could be the same as Fianmma for all we know. Any thing it touches would be ground zero or void.

Just like shiki tohno before his break down. He call see deaths on people but not on non-living things but after brain break down. He can see all deaths make it living or non-living things.
Old 2010-08-15, 19:38   Link #3847
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that it was speculated in the novels that IB's true powers were sealed at some point between Touma's arrival in AC and the current timeline of the story. Before Touma arrived in AC, IB brought bad luck to not only himself but everyone around him as well, but now it acts like a magnet that brings all the bad luck of others onto Touma and brings them fortune. In other words, Touma solves everyone else's problems while taking an ass whopping himself in doing so. As I said, this is supposedly because IB's true powers have been sealed and if it were unsealed Touma would start bringing bad luck to everyone again. Likewise, as Terra said vol 14 IIRC, in theory Touma's power wouldn't just be limited to negating supernatural things but also reality itself and even natural powers; for example, he would be able to stop a landslide or destroy a person's life force IIRC.

Although, I'm not sure what any of this has in connection to Accel's observations about Touma having a type of precognition and super durability.
Old 2010-08-15, 20:02   Link #3848
tsunade666

super durability can be explained on how many fights he had been through while the low level precognition shouldn't be occurring because that would lead into double skill but who knows. Gem stones are big mystery for all we know.
Old 2010-08-15, 20:15   Link #3849
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I think Accel said no matter how many fights he's been in he shouldn't be able to survive some of the attacks he gets hit by. Also, there's no way Touma can be a gemstone lol.
Old 2010-08-15, 20:49   Link #3850
tsunade666

but Aleister said so and that up side down guy might be sneaky but he never tells a lies up till now.

the 3 confirmed gem stones of academy city.
Old 2010-08-15, 20:52   Link #3851
mark1246

Okay i know that this thread for the light novel discussion only and I'm sorry to put this here but i wanted to you all to see the video for the season 2 of To Aru majutsu no index trailer since your all fan of the series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFaBaVqHMuk

P.S. I' confuse on a certain subject, if u see the trailer, you see all four members of god right seat!( which is pretty awesome for their animation) but i thought this season was going up to volume 13, are they extending it till volume 14, someone please tell me, please
Old 2010-08-15, 20:54   Link #3852
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Fiamma's not there in the video.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-08-15, 21:06   Link #3853
TheGiraffeStar
Room Full Of Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Okay i know that this thread for the light novel discussion only and I'm sorry to put this here but i wanted to you all to see the video for the season 2 of To Aru majutsu no index trailer since your all fan of the series

P.S. I' confuse on a certain subject, if u see the trailer, you see all four members of god right seat!( which is pretty awesome for their animation) but i thought this season was going up to volume 13, are they extending it till volume 14, someone please tell me, please
Awesome! with this one I can barely wait, thank you! And HOLY SHIT accelerator is BACK.
From what to what volume the second season is covering?
Old 2010-08-15, 21:13   Link #3854
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but Aleister said so and that up side down guy might be sneaky but he never tells a lies up till now.

Uhh...no, Aleister never said Touma is a gemstone just a "normal person" with an unique ability. In the SS2 even the director Kaizumi Tsugutoshi and her assisstant Kumokawa Seria after the Gemstone Incident concluded he is not one of them and can't be labeled as one.
Old 2010-08-15, 21:34   Link #3855
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I saw that already. YEAH MORE ACCELERATOR! GO BEAT KIHARA UP!

It's gonna cover volumes 7-13/14. I sincerely hope that J. C. Staff will stop at 13 because it's the best place to stop and trying to cram volume 14 into a 24/26 episode series is stupid and will take all the awesomeness out of the other arcs. Plus the end of 14 is a cliffhanger from what I've heard and would be a horrible place to end, making us wait for a third season that probably won't be in production until after another season of Railgun.

J. C. STAFF PLEASE HEED MY PRAYERS! ;_; AND MORE ACCEL SCREENTIME WOULD BE NICE TOO!

Touma isn't a gemstone? Then if he isn't an esper, a magic user, or a gemstone, then what the heck is he?
Old 2010-08-15, 21:40   Link #3856
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Touma isn't a gemstone? Then if he isn't an esper, a magic user, or a gemstone, then what the heck is he?
He's the goddamn Batman.
Old 2010-08-15, 21:54   Link #3857
zero_nmc

Quote:
I saw that already. YEAH MORE ACCELERATOR! GO BEAT KIHARA UP!

It's gonna cover volumes 7-13/14. I sincerely hope that J. C. Staff will stop at 13 because it's the best place to stop and trying to cram volume 14 into a 24/26 episode series is stupid and will take all the awesomeness out of the other arcs. Plus the end of 14 is a cliffhanger from what I've heard and would be a horrible place to end, making us wait for a third season that probably won't be in production until after another season of Railgun.

J. C. STAFF PLEASE HEED MY PRAYERS! ;_; AND MORE ACCEL SCREENTIME WOULD BE NICE TOO!

I really think they do not know how to do it in 24/26 episodes
that to me is not going to achieve, would have to do more episodes if they're going to do faithful. But JC.Staff so they will not do very faithful
Old 2010-08-15, 21:58   Link #3858
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
He's the goddamn Batman.
I see. That explains so much now.
Old 2010-08-15, 23:01   Link #3859
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:

What Wilfriback said lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post

That was already posted in S2 thread. And no, they aren't extending it. Looking at the art closely it's easy to tell that the Aqua and Terra shots are from the OP and they will probably only get a cameo in the actual anime. And if you'll recall, Aqua had to save Vent in volume 13. Also IIRC it's been confirmed since the announcement that S2 would only go up to vol 13.
Old 2010-08-15, 23:28   Link #3860
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
accelerator did had a super brain or rather all level 5 had one. For them to calculate their powers. They need super computer levels to even use it. And accelerator far surpass them.

As for touma brain trumps him? no way. that guy is an idiot. Using knowledge and mathematical abilities are different when forming strategies. So even if your not so smart you can still be a strategies, it's not like you need all mighty information network to think up a plan.

EDIT:

btw is the summaries even helping? it's kinda tiring or troublesome to write and read at the time. (salute on teh_ping bro)
Not Exactly just Redirection and teleportation need high calculations, I also think darkmatter as filter 25k radiations would be much for a human
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen