Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-08, 00:16   Link #3941
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Some one please explain to me why Hirado Royal is popular, that chick in the very background. This has been bugging me since the last popularity poll. She's only been oneshotted and given like a couple of meaningless pages way in the beginning. WHAT THE HELL!?
It is a good thing you remembered her name Cross because I sure as hell couldn't. I remember seeing her before and knew she had gotten beat in one hit but I couldn't understand how she managed to be a top 20 character. Just factoring in the characters that actually did stuff in the Minus 13 and Flask Plan arcs she shouldn't have been anywhere near how high she is.

The Japanese fans must know something we don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Don't forget that they were taking the polls kind of a while ago, meaning pretty much most of this arc wasn't even out when the deadline came. So that could mean that characters such as Akune would have probably been even more popular had this arc been taken into account♥
As one of the lone supporters Akune had from earlier on, seeing him snatch a spot in the top 5 would have been great to see. Of course his current position is still great in my eyes so I'm happy with what I'm seeing.
Old 2011-09-08, 02:10   Link #3942
Soji

Quote:
lol @ Zenkichi's position. From 2nd to 8th is quite the drop. They must be finally catching on.
Honestly though Im happy for kumagawa I dislike Zen haters reaction .
And the fact of this loss of popularity of Zen is thanks to Parasite eyes ,many hate he that has been given an abnormality in this way and as how the author as make Zen deal with this anormality.
I suppose if it was not for this,Zen would be closer to Kumagawa or at least under Medaka.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 05:29   Link #3943
ShiroiRyu

It's was in a previous chapter Kumagawa spoke about this no ? XD (the poll contest)
But yey, naked apron !

Last edited by ShiroiRyu; 2011-09-08 at 05:51.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 06:59   Link #3944
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Soji, we do not hate zen. He is just nowhere near as awesome as a main char should be
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 07:39   Link #3945
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Soji, we do not hate zen. He is just nowhere near as awesome as a main char should be
Sorry..I think you have misunderstood me, I did not mean you guys, of course. I was said in general.. but since I was alredy on the matter I just said what I see from many topic.
Is that what I do not understand ....I mean is fine that you have your preferences and like you guys give a reason why you have such preferences, is just fine.
But to hate a character just for the heck of it ... of course this is true also in regard to Kumagawa since I have seen several Kumagawa haters just for the heck of it. (Despite how many votes he got in the current poll).
But of course I know that you guys are not like that.
Old 2011-09-08, 07:45   Link #3946
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't know how anyone can hate Zen, he's so plain I don't see how he can make anyone feel hate for him let alone anything else. Also lol @ Soji saying he would be more popular without parasite eyes.. take them away and he would've been even more irrelevant than he already is since Kumagawa took over.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 08:04   Link #3947
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't know how anyone can hate Zen, he's so plain I don't see how he can make anyone feel hate for him let alone anything else. Also lol @ Soji saying he would be more popular without parasite eyes.. take them away and he would've been even more irrelevant than he already is since Kumagawa took over.
Believe it or not ... but the hatred on Zen is increasing various forums and Im not the only one to have noticed.
Regarding parasite eyes here, incredible as it is one thing I've read several peoplecomplained about this abnormality that Zen have now.
I even read of people who would have preferred him with no sight that with this ability
Old 2011-09-08, 09:49   Link #3948
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

First people couldn't wait for Zen to show some abnormality to help keep up with Medaka and Co., now they're hating on him for getting something that all it does is show someone else's perspective on how they view the world? Good grief, never can please everyone.

Or is it because I'm old that I'm letting Zen's absence not get to me since I know that Medaka will never ever forget her dear friend/bf in any circumstance?
Old 2011-09-08, 09:54   Link #3949
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
First people couldn't wait for Zen to show some abnormality to help keep up with Medaka and Co., now they're hating on him for getting something that all it does is show someone else's perspective on how they view the world? Good grief, never can please everyone.

Or is it because I'm old that I'm letting Zen's absence not get to me since I know that Medaka will never ever forget her dear friend/bf in any circumstance?
Actually ...
It's a contest and Medaka already said she won't be participated.

For fanbase point of views.
Zenkichi is left behind because he already got his OTP.
Which is obviously named with Kurokami Medaka

It's nice if Zenkichi somehow managed to reach the top floor.
Saying something like this to Kumagawa :

"I don't care with that popularity pic ! I won't let you have Medaka at naked apron !"

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 15:43   Link #3950
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I think it's more along the lines that Kumagawa was a so much cooler male lead, so people changed ship.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 17:43   Link #3951
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I don't hate Zen at all, but I can agree that Kumagawa is more interesting than him, true.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 17:59   Link #3952
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I think it's more along the lines that Kumagawa was a so much cooler male lead, so people changed ship.
Kumagawab should not be the male lead. If he's so great, it's because he's not the male lead.

And all this Zen hates is ridiculous. Zen is a good character. It's a shame that we don't see him at all in this arc
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 20:53   Link #3953
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Actually ...
It's a contest and Medaka already said she won't be participated.

For fanbase point of views.
Zenkichi is left behind because he already got his OTP.
Which is obviously named with Kurokami Medaka
I seriously wish Nisio would stop beating around the bush with this.

Zenkichi's feelings have been obvious since Chapter 1. But Medaka says she refuses to live her life for one person. She even said "I love you" to her most hated enemy, but not to her best friend?

This is one of the reasons I want Zen to pursue someone else, preferably Mukae. Not just to see if it will get a rise out of Medaka, but for Zen to get some love an affection which Medaka doesn't give him.

I don't think she's in denial, so much as she is refusing to change her worldview. Something really big has to happen to change an aspect of the way Medaka has been for 15 years. Zenkichi dying isn't going to work, so I can only hope he turns evil in the future, leaving Medaka without her (so-called) best friend and emotion crutch for the first time.

Until she gets over this and admits to herself that she can hold one person higher on a personal level than everyone else on earth

MedakaXZenkichi will more than likely never happen.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 21:00   Link #3954
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hey now, Zen's only 'Normal Cool', so he can't show up in all the arcs, all the time.

But just you watch, Zen will return to the spotlight. He's the only one that does not have a Non-Equal equivalent among the group (so far), so he won't be affected by the feelings of close companionship like Akune and Kikaijima are experiencing right now. Undoubtedly it will work out in the end but it will be interesting to see just 'how' it plays out.
Old 2011-09-08, 21:40   Link #3955
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Uzume('The Witch') is mine!

And what the heck does a Beautification Commitee do anyways?

Can't wait to see her animated!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:27   Link #3956
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
And what the heck does a Beautification Commitee do anyways?
A beautification commitee would be in charge of ensuring the campus is in good shape basically cleaning up litter, maintaining gardens, support and care for the buildings, etc.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:49   Link #3957
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Zen's abnormality is being normal.

I mean seriously, in a manga full of fucking weirdos that's a pretty special thing to hold on to.

And Kumugawa is entertaining but it's all entirely forced really.

I've never understood the hate for Zen either.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 01:20   Link #3958
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Forced? I don't see any1 getting raped or smth. Kumagawa is sailing a lonely boat here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM&ob=av2e )
Have you even read the chapter when he owned the health committee chick? hilarious yet fresh
Old 2011-09-09, 01:42   Link #3959
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Kumagawab should not be the male lead. If he's so great, it's because he's not the male lead.
For all the screentime he has had since he was introduced he might as well be the male lead.... it's clear that Nisio likes writing about Kumagawa more than Zen, and while it was obvious it's also now official that the fanbase greatly prefers him.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 01:47   Link #3960
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^Fuck that, Kumagawa is obviously the female lead a lá justin bieber

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council