AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-27, 14:18   Link #21
InstantRamen

^ Yeah that would have been nice. But with thier other releases, where they did have color pages, they used a glossy paper to print the colors on, not the weird, weak, comic book paper.
Old 2004-05-27, 14:35   Link #22
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantRamen
^ Yeah that would have been nice. But with thier other releases, where they did have color pages, they used a glossy paper to print the colors on, not the weird, weak, comic book paper.
they NEVER use that crappy paper for color pages in american versions -_-
you get junk on your fingers from that stuff, and manga tends to be so thick that the particles that come off from color ink mix with other pages to create something...hideous
Old 2004-05-27, 15:17   Link #23
InstantRamen

... Isn't it a good thing that they don't use the crappy paper for color pages?
Old 2004-05-29, 05:01   Link #24
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Having read the original japanese version of Negima, I was curious to read the Del-Rey version. I rent the manga from a local comic store. I could say that I don't like their translation style. They change the conversations! I may be biased here, perhaps their translation is suitable for US audiences. As for me, I feel that I miss a lot of smart quotes from the original version.

If you are disappointed with Del-Rey version, actually there is another official english translation release from Singapore, Chuang Yi English Edition. Chuang Yi is more famous as an official publisher for the chinese version of japanese mangas. It is little known that they have a small branch in Singapore who publishes their releases in English. I could not comment on their Negima version since they will only release it around June-July time frame, however their translations style is usually trying to stay close to the original sentences.
Old 2004-05-29, 05:29   Link #25
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Actually that website has five sample pics (tiny pics!) from their release and comparing their translation to del-ray's and a scanlation still on my comp I'd say I prefer theirs though I'm not sure if I'd want to go to that far a source for it. Might order their first one just to a comparison and decide.
Old 2004-05-29, 09:37   Link #26
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Yes, there is still an annoying problem, their online ordering system is still not available. The only way is to order it from book stores in Singapore or looking for someone who will visit Singapore.
Old 2004-05-29, 22:40   Link #27
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantRamen
... Isn't it a good thing that they don't use the crappy paper for color pages?
yes it is a good thing that they don't!
btw it annoys me to no ends that people nitpick about localized manga...if you don't like it, send the company a thought out, grammatically correct letter listing their errors and hope they listen...
Closed Thread