AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-06, 12:29   Link #21
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
The book will be released on September 10th, 3 days from now.
Currently, we are talking about a short summary that the publishing company has released for the advertisement. The short summary has been translated in previous comments.
Euh, isn't this http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/book...ukou14/?page=1 the first 32 pages of volume 14 ?
Old 2014-09-06, 14:10   Link #22
tigerdave

Sorry, I'm kind of new to Mahouka

I've been reading the novels on Baka-Tsuki after getting into the anime version, which was the first I'd heard of the series. I was wondering how the light novels are generally released. Are they released as one book or by chapters (sort of like comic books in the US)? I figure manga is released like comic books, but the term light novel seems like it'd be released in one complete book. If true, how long does it usually take Baka-Tsuki to start translating it? I'm kinda new to reading manga and light novels.

Thanks everyone for helping out the new guy.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 14:40   Link #23
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
I've been reading the novels on Baka-Tsuki after getting into the anime version, which was the first I'd heard of the series. I was wondering how the light novels are generally released. Are they released as one book or by chapters (sort of like comic books in the US)? I figure manga is released like comic books, but the term light novel seems like it'd be released in one complete book. If true, how long does it usually take Baka-Tsuki to start translating it? I'm kinda new to reading manga and light novels.

Thanks everyone for helping out the new guy.
Novels come out completely in 1 book.

Baka-tsuki translates it chapter by chapter because translating light novels take a lot of time.
The speed of the translation usually depends on what's going on around the time and how much time a translator has with the book. But i'd say a minimum of two to three months is usually needed to get through a whole volume. Most LNs on baka-tsuki are translated from chinese so the speed of chinese translations also matter.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 15:06   Link #24
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Novels come out completely in 1 book.

Baka-tsuki translates it chapter by chapter because translating light novels take a lot of time.
The speed of the translation usually depends on what's going on around the time and how much time a translator has with the book. But i'd say a minimum of two to three months is usually needed to get through a whole volume. Most LNs on baka-tsuki are translated from chinese so the speed of chinese translations also matter.
Thank you.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 08:46   Link #25
bakato

Courtesy of Syokool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool
Skimmed through the pages and it starts with a brief introduction to Yakumo sensei and the temple, how his master was involved with the 9th lab in the development of magic and how the temple is another facility to research, with a facade of a big temple and state of the art construction inside.

How Kazama introduced Tatsuya to him and then we see Tatsuya training.

There is a kind of POV from Minami and how the girls work to get ready in the mornings. Later we see Tatsuya making Minami serves tea to him and Miyuki (because if someone remembers, Miyuki had the task of serving him).

There is a meeting with Fumiya and Ayako to talk about the new mission of hunting Zhou down, and Miyuki knows here that Maya has asked him that. She didn't know before.
Then a bit of talk about the traditionalists and the Kudou, and as how it could end in another battle as the last year in Yokohama.
Tatsuya is ready for the battle, and don't really know why Maya asked him a favor instead of order him to do it, but if that time comes he entrust Miyuki to Minami. She says that it's fine, he can leave Miyuki to her.

There is another fact; Tatsuya is not going to participate with a thesis this year because the research started pretty late, and has not been completed. He is using what he saw with Lina and the basics of FAE. How the multiprocess in magic works and how the change in reality acts as well as the effect when an spell is suddenly stopped and the lag between the casting and the reality alteration.

That's the gist of it, I really don't want to read it completely until I get my own copy, but it seems we are going to see a lot of Yakumo and Minami in this arc (2 volumes given the title).
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 10:41   Link #26
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Courtesy of Syokool.

There is another fact; Tatsuya is not going to participate with a thesis this year because the research started pretty late, and has not been completed. He is using what he saw with Lina and the basics of FAE. How the multiprocess in magic works and how the change in reality acts as well as the effect when an spell is suddenly stopped and the lag between the casting and the reality alteration.
I dont understand this part....
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 11:20   Link #27
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~oNe~ View Post
I dont understand this part....
Me too. I guess it means that his researches are not complete?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 13:30   Link #28
Guest2

My guess is it means Tatsuya didn't wan't to submit his current FAE research subject since it was incomplete, so other 1st High students would have submitted projects and got picked for the competition instead.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 15:04   Link #29
amtro
Distro

No mention of who is the current student council president?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 15:08   Link #30
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
My guess is it means Tatsuya didn't wan't to submit his current FAE research subject since it was incomplete, so other 1st High students would have submitted projects and got picked for the competition instead.
Well FAE is a secret that both America and Japan came up. Leaking that would mean more attention to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
No mention of who is the current student council president?
nothing yet.

edit: Speaking of the upcomming Ancient vs Modern Magician; we might possibly see Lina again. She is part of the Kudou.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-09-07 at 15:32.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 15:10   Link #31
Jirachier

I still don't understand, first why is Tatsuya even researching FAE ? Is he going to use it to perfect his nuclear fusion reactor or is it something that he plans to use to improve his own magical abilities. I doubt that he was preparing a thesis on this for school since really, Tatsuya doesn't even care about the competition.
Old 2014-09-07, 15:34   Link #32
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I still don't understand, first why is Tatsuya even researching FAE ? Is he going to use it to perfect his nuclear fusion reactor or is it something that he plans to use to improve his own magical abilities. I doubt that he was preparing a thesis on this for school since really, Tatsuya doesn't even care about the competition.
The FAE theory was originally abandoned and thought to be false, but Tatsuya's encounter with Lina has proven otherwise. Tatsuya is researching further into it as a means of accomplishing his goals. There is no obvious practical application for it, but considering what it's done for Lina it could still prove useful in the future.

Last edited by bakato; 2014-09-07 at 18:40.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 18:14   Link #33
amtro
Distro

You guys do understand that realizing FAE means that Tatsuya can achieve cloning and teleportation of lifeless objects at the very least with regrowth, right?
Old 2014-09-07, 20:44   Link #34
Jedsada

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
You guys do understand that realizing FAE means that Tatsuya can achieve cloning and teleportation of lifeless objects at the very least with regrowth, right?
Only thing we know about FAE is it allows Strategic-class Magics (e.g. Heavy Metal Burst) could be used in tactical level by give additional configurations to outcome of magics such as duration of effects, end point of magics etc.
Jedsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 03:20   Link #35
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Courtesy of Syokool.
Thanks you for sharing. It is more detailed than the summary version that I read.

Regarding FAE, "Free After Execution" is the classified theory. I wonder, how USNA will react after this.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 05:00   Link #36
tuckersister

Is this Volume going to be a one parter like the last two?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 05:18   Link #37
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
No, Vol. 14 will be the first part of this arc.
It will be at least two part arc.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 05:18   Link #38
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
No, it's Part I.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 08:50   Link #39
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Will we get some 360 area of Decomposition with a bit of Material Burst? With FAE of course!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 10:48   Link #40
amtro
Distro

If there's nothing to resist the changes to the eidos then Tatsuya can copy one item onto something else and thus copy the item. Similarly he can assign new coordinates and "restore" the target on those coordinates, thus realizing teleportation.

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc