2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-20, 09:17   Link #21
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dante was with Eugene, Chad, and Brewers kids in the white MWs, and I didn't see any them got shot or destroyed (yet).
oopps!! my mistake i got things mixed up, after the re watch i thought one of the blown up MW's belonged to him despite he's clearly using a different model with the brighter colors & equipped with rocket launchers, he never separated from Eugene's group during the fight.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 09:25   Link #22
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Ein Dalton, what a bastard for killing Azee Gurumin, Lafter Frankland, and Norba Shino on this episode... and he almost killed Kudelia Aina Bernstein if it wasn't for Mikazuki Augus saving her and Atra Mixta.

Still, this episode did evoke Tomino levels of "Kill'em all!"
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 09:47   Link #23
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so who else want to bet McGillis will defeat a Gundam without using a Gundam? if he manages to come out still in one piece that is, even without the V-A system the Kimaris is your standard Gundam.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 09:59   Link #24
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Wow, can't remember the last time a Gundam show had so much death. I don't think Lafter is dead, showed a blood spatter and I heard a "break" or tear, maybe she'll get robot arms. The other one, Azee? They showed that body at least.

There better be a season 2, this could turn out to be one of the best Gundams. No beam sabers, beam spamming and auto locking SEED mode, even Mika uses a blunt weapon as opposed to a sword, love this show.
Old 2016-03-20, 10:00   Link #25
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so who else want to bet McGillis will defeat a Gundam without using a Gundam? if he manages to come out still in one piece that is, even without the V-A system the Kimaris is your standard Gundam.
Considering he managed to perform well against Mika during ep4(I think) while piloting a Graze, plus now he's using a Valkyrie Frame which is supposed to be a step up from the norm, I'd say he'd do well, not adding the shock that Galigali will feel while fighting against his best friend.

Jeez, Graze Ein is OP, I mean the AV system that Tekkadan already gives them a performance boost over normal piloting, whatever AV treatment Ein got it turned him into a very agile dreadnaught.

Kudos to his VA though for making Ein actually sound crazy.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:08   Link #26
NeutralZero

Hmmm got to hate they trend of 00 for their second season at this point...
Ein oh Ein... hopefully he doesn't see the light of the next season and be killed already...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:12   Link #27
Galaxian

Was I the only one who almost cry of joy when Eugene and the others show up?

Ein proved that he did not deserve any pity as I expected. I'll save my pity for Gaelio.

Intense episode through and through.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:17   Link #28
Principalities

Goddamnit. The brutality. Poor Azee and Lafter. Was this even their fight?

McGillis revealing himself to Gaelio is not good. The chances of Gaelio living with that knowledge is slim at best....
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:19   Link #29
akumaten

I'm going to point this out there that Lt. Crank died stupidly. [COME AT ME, YOU PSYCHO GUNDAM (Ein)]
Even if he came back, he would be tried for treason. He never provided a win stipulation for Tekkadan on Mars when he fought Mika. Hell, I was laughing when he got popped by Mika.

Back to the topic
To Lafter and Azee's kids: Your moms were heroes. Through and through

The Chocolate vs Gali Gali fight. Stabbed in a Mobile Suit fight or stabbed in the back, this battle was coming sooner or later.

Atra is truly an Iron Flower

and finally
SHUT UP, MAKANAI!
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:24   Link #30
eisai_haramasukoi

Damn. Bloodiest episode so far.

The battles are a bit fast-paced, but still very enjoyable. Tekkadan is really pushed to its limits. And that list of casualties is very shocking. At least they get some reinforcements.

Ein is OP please nerf.

And Char-colate took so long but early enough for Mika to save his waifus. Nobody touches Mika's waifus, Ein.

Looking forward to the finale. Which side will fall? Which side will stand tall?
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:34   Link #31
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

NO LAFTER NO!!!! My LafterXAki ship... T_T

Well at least it sounds like Carta is alive, since Gaelio did say "WE will grasp the future of Gjallahorn." So maybe there's still hope Lafter is alive...

Still confused at McGillis. Didn't he leak the Tekkadan's plans to Gjallahorn in order to stop them from reaching Edmonton? Now he's fighting Gaelio for what reason? Now I just hope Gaelio recognizes the voice, because more than Mika vs Ein, this is the showdown I find way more intriguing. The drama from Gaelio being betrayed by his best friend, I just can't contain my anticipation for this fight.

On other characters, I'm loving Merribit's role in this. As a voice of reason, it's nice to hear my own perception being echoed within the show. I mean, the blind faith Orga can inspire through his speeches makes him kinda like Hitler, down to using the younger ones. Hell, I bet he can lead a revolution if Orga is so inclined to, once he has built up more clout and recognition through battling.

It's good though that Orga is not heartless, as Merribit's words does have some impact on him. And with him being the cushion to Kudelia, my hope of the Merribit-Orga-Kudelia-Mika-Atra love polygon is still strong going to the next season. Just hope not one of them dies next episode. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:51   Link #32
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

When Lafter died (or got badly injured), I had to stop the video and tried to convince myself it aint true. I never wanted to see anyone get crushed more than Ein.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 11:03   Link #33
akumaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Char-colate
Perfect
Official nickname
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 11:20   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Kudos to his VA though for making Ein actually sound crazy.
Talk about VAs, here's a bit trivia:

Spoiler for Past Gundam Roles:
So yeah, Reiji and Juca shared Asemu as their husband, Yuuma killed Reiji, Camille was supporting Kyral, and Adou Saga just broke Lacus’ heart with his decision.
Old 2016-03-20, 11:36   Link #35
Wandering Soul

That was brutal. I really hope Lafter and Azee aren't dead. Thier bodies are still in a state where there's hope that they are still alive.

To think I actually felt bad for Eins last episode.

It looks despite Merribit's words are somewhat getting through to Orga. It may not be enough to completely stop him at the moment, but she is starting to get through to him.
Old 2016-03-20, 11:44   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do think it's pretty hopeless for Azee. Though I suppose it's still up in the air with Lafter. When you don't get to see a body for one but not the other.....probably not in great shape though. Guess we'll find out before the season is done.

Still a brutal episode. Eins really has gone full crazy. He's so far away from what Crank told him or lived by it's pretty incredible. Throwing everything away for his revenge, including his sanity.
Old 2016-03-20, 11:45   Link #37
VTHokiePride

So what we got this episode was the charge of the light brigade...I mean Tekkadan's last desperate push to break through and get into the city

I'm not really a fan of these types of offenses because most of the characters I like end up dying in order to buy time for the main cast to survive. Really hope Lafter and Azee aren't dead. Poor Shino, Dios, and Ride (maybe). Didn't they have 30 of the green mobile workers in addition to the other 5 they brought to Earth? At least 30 of the kids have to be dead or wounded at this point.
Old 2016-03-20, 11:47   Link #38
mickbis

Ein is the type of people I hate most in Anime
Naive to the point of stupid
plus later become blind by rage and turn even more unreasonable
hope someone give this guy a real taste of despair soon....
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 11:58   Link #39
Psyco Diver

I don't mind the beginning, I just feel it could have been handled better, it feels like a afterthought rather than a important story element

That said this looks like the writers are taking notes from Tomino's depressed years, there isn't a single person safe in this series, I wonder at this point if their aiming for OO s1 ending at this point or will the gang and Tekkadon survive?
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 12:18   Link #40
Irenesharda

"They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!!!!!"

This was such a heartpounding episode, never before in Gundam, have I felt such feeling and such tension for the common soldier. This is not just about the star mobile suit pilots, this is about the entire group, the entire organization, all of Tekkadan fighting together to give themselves a better tomorrow.

No longer is this about revenge, this is about survival, about pushing forward to a better future, about not rolling over and letting the bullies step on you. Tekkadan swore to finish the job, and finish the job they shall. Even if they all must die, they will continue to push forward for a better tomorrow for those that did survive.

It's been a long time since I've felt a real "battle zone" feel from a mech series, but IBO accomplished that. Gjallerhorn is only biding for time, not realizing that they are sacrificing their lives for the whims of one man that is trying to gain more and more power unto himself. And so for three days, Tekkadan has battled Gjallerhorn in an attempt to break through and get Makanai to the church on time. They haven't had much rest and little food, and they can't send in their mobile suits because of the effect the Ahab reactors would have. They are low on everything, including manpower, and so Orga has to make some heartbreaking decisions. He knows that many will die on his orders, but it's there only way right now. Gjallerhorn will never let them go, and they have sworn to finish this job, and finish they shall.

Orga is shaken by what he knows he must do, but Mika encourages him. They have trusted him with everything they are, he can trust them to get the job done.
And so, Orga makes the best speech in the whole darn series and asks them to risk their lives with him in order to make a better tomorrow for Tekkadan.

Merribit is once again against this, but what do you want him to do exactly? He can’t back down, he can't run away. There is no way around it, except forward. And this is for more than just Tekkadan, all of Mars and the other parts of the Outer Sphere all ride on this. It’s wrong, but they are from a part of a world that has been wrong since the beginning. They don’t have any choices left. Even if it’s wrong, it’s still what must be done.

Tekkadan reminds me of revolutionaries from something like Les Miserables, or pretty much any American Revolution war movie. They are outnumber and out gunned and yet still they go on.

Eugene, Chad, Dante, and even the kids from the Brewers have come to help, as they just found their place and don't want to lose it. This is a fight for their survival as well.

Gaelio and Ein come on the scene, and it becomes obvious that Ein is pretty much insane at this point. They take down Azee, Lafter, and Shino. I'm not sure if they are all dead, but it is quite likely.
He then goes to take down Kudelia who has gotten into the city, but she is having none of this. I love her attitude here. Atra, Mika, and Orga though come to her rescue as Ein goes to kill her. Mika left the fighting of Gaelio, to McGillis and his Grimgarde that has now arrived at the scene.

How will this all end? Makanai will obviously get there in time, Mika will have to fight and destroy Ein in one last battle. Gaelio and McGillis will have to fight, and I don't think Gaelio will win this one. Someone has to take the reigns of Gjallerhorn.
Unless...McGillis all this time has been grooming Gaelio to take this spot? We'll have to see.

I don't know if this series will have a second season. But even if it doesn't I won't mind if they end it next week with Tekkadan winning and Makanai becoming PM once more.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-03-20 at 12:51.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote