Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-28, 22:15   Link #21
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Anime with good, semi-realistic fighting:
Cowboy Bebop and the movie. Unarmed martial arts and guns.
Samurai Champloo - Swords.
Muteki Kanban Musume - Unarmed martial arts, and thrown... things. Also very funny!

Anime with good "superpower" fighting, more like the last third of Kenichi:
YuYu Hakusho - Mostly unarmed.

Unfortunately, I have not seen Tengen Toppa so I don't know in what way it is epic. But I consider Scrapped Princess, Mai Hime, and Mononoke Hime to all be epic... and all three have good to exceptional fighting, not to mention incredible music.

You might try Noir as well, which had quite good fighting (largely guns, but close-quarters), though it is weak plotwise. Lastly, Full Metal Panic has lots of combat - melee, guns, bombs, mecha, missiles, the works - and also is very fun. Not "epic", but rather romantic comedy / drama. However, it's really an excellent series.

P.S. Monster is a little bit like Higurashi. I think Higurashi is better, but they are both highly-considered, and it is a very small genre. They are more similar to each other than either one is to Death Note, for example. And also, how could I forget - Gunslinger Girl has pretty good combat.

Last edited by Saber Cherry; 2008-01-28 at 22:27. Reason: P.S.
Old 2008-01-29, 02:02   Link #22
gh0stmice
*Artist

ahhh plzzz tell me there is an anime as epic as gurren lagann...im also looking for one....so plz i will not let this thread die till im satisfied!!!!i just finished TTGL tonight and then i said to myself "i just fucked myself....didn't i" ....i said this because i knew i wasn't gonna find another anime quite like this one...the characters alone were amazing....gosh darnnit...

EDIT---haha i just realized that bbduece just refrenced my thread....yea thats a good place to look for "epic" animes.....just ignore the "grammar" skuffle between me bbduece and twised "something rather"

Last edited by gh0stmice; 2008-01-29 at 02:11. Reason: noticed something quite neat
Closed Thread