AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the voice of Shukaku hilarious and funny or is it stupid and irritating?
The voice is funny 61 54.95%
The voice is stupid (and it irritates me) 25 22.52%
I don't really care; I don't think it's stupid, but I also don't think it's funny 25 22.52%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-13, 14:14   Link #21
psycoking
kyōki-ō

I think the vioce is perfect. He sounds just like any guy whose excited and ready to have fun (of course shikaku's idea of fun is killing people). He acts the same way in the manga and this voice matches his personality perfectly. The only fact that has me worried. . . in the dubbed release (and you know there will eventually be a dubbed version of naruto) I get the feeling they're going to make him sound like a roudy southerner (or worse, someone trying to sound like a roudy southerner )
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 14:59   Link #22
Kisame Hoshigaki

bah i thought it was retarded, completely killed it for me, plus he didn't look as good as he did in the manga.
Kisame Hoshigaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 15:50   Link #23
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

LoL i think he had laughing gass, cuz damn, people do get scared if they hear him :| they start thinking someone with a mental disorder is coming :|

( what problably is the truth )
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 18:04   Link #24
A Lamer
あほぉ&

His voice reminded me exactly like Barry the Butcher's from FMA. I really liked it, gave shukaku a really crazy feel.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 18:11   Link #25
7thMethuselah

I didn't like the voice at all, they've been building up the tension for Gaara's ultimate form since episode 45 or so and now we get a superdemon that sounds like a spoiled kid, that was rather dissapointing for me. I don't mind if side characters are funky freaky or whatever but a monster so anticipated should get a more intimidating vioce
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 18:12   Link #26
Soju
Just Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
With how the artists portrayed Shukaku, both in the drawing and in the childish voice, everything that had been built up before, as in, this is supposed to be the scariest thing ever... Temari and Kankurou said that it was true fear--well all that stuff went right out the window. It was really stupid in my opinion.
PWNT. My opinion completely, it doesn't fit. It should have been more like Kyuubi's voice.
Soju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:59   Link #27
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

The voice didnt give me that ominous evil feeling like Kyubi's did, but I think it emphasised the fact that Shukaku is unstable.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 21:18   Link #28
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
His voice reminded me exactly like Barry the Butcher's from FMA. I really liked it, gave shukaku a really crazy feel.
this was my thought exacltly.. i like his voice becuase it really makes him sounds sumwhat insane...which is what the shikakaku is supopose to be ... crazy
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 10:16   Link #29
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
this was my thought exacltly.. i like his voice becuase it really makes him sounds sumwhat insane...which is what the shikakaku is supopose to be ... crazy
Well.....I don't really think the voice makes Shikaku sound insane....The voice is to weird for that.....It's difficult to explain, but the voice is definetely not the voice of someone insane......it's just funny, and weird.....not insane.....
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 10:19   Link #30
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan
Well.....I don't really think the voice makes Shikaku sound insane....The voice is to weird for that.....It's difficult to explain, but the voice is definetely not the voice of someone insane......it's just funny, and weird.....not insane.....
man, what's with your keyboard?!?! get that dot key checked, please!!
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 10:22   Link #31
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
man, what's with your keyboard?!?! get that dot key checked, please!!
man, what's with your aggression?!?! get that hed of yourse checked please!!
Old 2004-04-14, 10:25   Link #32
Palani
///_^

Quote:
man, what's with your aggression?!?! get that hed of yourse checked please!!
Second that. Kabuto Maniac call 0800-WOEDECONTROLE (He'll Get It) A lot of the posts that I've read from you are agressive responses to other people's posts. You've gotta work on that. Don't start flaming people, you get banned.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 10:38   Link #33
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
Second that. Kabuto Maniac call 0800-WOEDECONTROLE (He'll Get It) A lot of the posts that I've read from you are agressive responses to other people's posts. You've gotta work on that. Don't start flaming people, you get banned.
lol, yes, I did, and you wanna know what they said? find somebody to take my anger out to, and that's Murugan! (know the guy, so I guess it won't matter that much, he does it to me on MSN too... :P ) and I try to do it in bits, decreasing day by day... I don't flame though, did I? just told him to stop using those annoying dots.
Old 2004-04-14, 10:42   Link #34
Palani
///_^

I didn't say that you did flame. I was warning you not to start. But please take out your anger on MSN then. It's much more fun over there then here. There you can shout in multiple posts
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 10:42   Link #35
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
lol, yes, I did, and you wanna know what they said? find somebody to take my anger out to, and that's Murugan! (know the guy, so I guess it won't matter that much, he does it to me on MSN too... :P ) and I try to do it in bits, decreasing day by day... I don't flame though, did I? just told him to stop using those annoying dots.
WTF??? Maybe hou love to take your anger out on me, but me myself don't really like it.It's also not true you're only agressive towards me....Palani is right; you are agressive to a lot of people and you really should do something about that.

And if you want me to stop using all these dots, just tell me, NOT THE AGRESSIVE WAY.

Old 2004-04-14, 11:19   Link #36
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I think a deep ominous demon voice would have been too cliche. It wouldnt have added anything, it just would have been expected and there. I like this voice. There is nothing more terrifying than an out of control child with enormous power.
There really should be a just right option, I dont think I agree with any of the choices.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:33   Link #37
xavier8200

I didn't really pay that much attention to the voice of shukkaku when I first heard it. Maybe I was focusing too much on the action. So I voted for the third spot the I dont care either way spot. To me it wasn't funny but the voice was not at all boring. I thought that the voice was that of a maniac and that fits the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNick
seems to me every shinobi country has a demon, leaf got kyuubi and sand got shukaku, think back about kyuubi ( somewhere around 52 ) and remember his voice

then make your conclusion

Are there any more Villages (not countries) with a demon? does mist have a demon? what about sound? what about the others that havent been mentioned like Stone, Grass and whatever else I left out.
So far there are only two villages with demons. If every village had a demon why don't they have a demon battle or something like that.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:58   Link #38
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
WTF??? Maybe hou love to take your anger out on me, but me myself don't really like it.It's also not true you're only agressive towards me....Palani is right; you are agressive to a lot of people and you really should do something about that.

And if you want me to stop using all these dots, just tell me, NOT THE AGRESSIVE WAY.

lol. really: that's a hell of not true the last few days. say whatever you want, but don't start selling off untrue things. I haven't been that agressive at all! you are just making a whole something out of this cos' Palani is giving you feedback, stop complaining over nothing man! don't tell me how to treat others, and don't say that I was "sooooo agressive :'( " to you, cuz' that's way not true!
Old 2004-04-14, 12:31   Link #39
Photonman

I think the voice suits him very well. Maybe its me, but his voice only get high and whiny when he scream yay!. Other than that his voice seems like a normal demon voice.
Photonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 10:35   Link #40
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonman
I think the voice suits him very well. Maybe its me, but his voice only get high and whiny when he scream yay!. Other than that his voice seems like a normal demon voice.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's true the voice of Shukaku isn't high all of the time.Sometimes it's just a low demon voice. That's also what makes it a funny voice; if it would be high all the time, it wouldn't be funny anymore, and it would ruine the whole thing. Now the voice is perfect, because when the Shukaku gets realy crazy and starts screaming, you hear the high voice and when he is just "normal", his voice is that of a demon.......am I right or am I wrong?