AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-22, 03:02   Link #21
Ghiest Cid

Poor elf though. She is like liara (mass effect) when she met javik.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 03:24   Link #22
ChuckE
Provoker

Sounds like Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei but instead of dragon we've got a demon.

But everything is fine as long as MC is OP
Old 2014-12-22, 04:33   Link #23
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
What does that mean?
Who is javik? What the liara (mass effect) ya talking about?
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 04:48   Link #24
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
Yuumis is cute, haha. and idunno, i think Liara had it a lot tougher,
Spoiler:
but yeah, Yuumis ends up getting along with them quite well
Old 2014-12-22, 05:00   Link #25
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
What does that mean?
Who is javik? What the liara (mass effect) ya talking about?
Mass effect is a game. Liara is an archeologist who specialized in prothean an ancient extinct race. She is very interested in their history. After meeting Javik, the last prothean , nearly all of her beliefs about prothean were shattered. One is it being an empire instead of a republic. Being cruel and dictatorial. The final straw is when she discovered her religion is based on lies and her species a product of alteration by prothean.

Yuumi is like that. She is very interested in ancient demons and their technology. He is a reincarnated demon king. I could imagine her pestering him with questions.

Last edited by Ghiest Cid; 2014-12-22 at 19:56.
Old 2014-12-29, 05:47   Link #26
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

So, funny story. Lately my vision has apparently been going to the shitter, because I completely misread a very simple name. Ahem, the name in question being the main character’s. And then after that, I just naturally processed the kana into an English (and erroneous) name each and every time. I’m a little amazed at how I could continue such a thing for 2 weeks. So yes, laugh away, but please forgive me for any confusion.

In my defence though, when I was reading the web novel, I was just absorbing it as Japanese, so there was just this weird separation when I was interpreting it as English…

I only realised it because just a moment ago I was musing over what a funny name ルルスリア・ノルド was, when I was like...

'Lulusria Nord~! Rulusulia Noldo~! Rulusria Norud~! Rurusuria Noludo~! Ruru-... Hang on...'

Please don't ask me where the extra -na came from, or how it ended up there, because I have no idea myself... (〃TωT) (〃ノω\)

Last edited by Briollaire; 2014-12-29 at 05:57.
Briollaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 06:22   Link #27
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Yay~ just read chapter 10...it's actually really quite an interesting WN, somethign about it just stands out I think.

Uhmm, just how does one actually know when/how to romanize ル then? Does a name like Rubedo have to be Lubedo or Lu Blu turn to Ru Blu unless the author provides the 'correct' version?

I always did wonder when 'R' names get turned to 'L' when it really doesn't have to be (like Ren being turned to Len) or is there a proper way/rule to be followed I don't know about? (If my name Rue is turned to Lue. I'd hit that person who did so)
Old 2014-12-29, 06:36   Link #28
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Yay~ just read chapter 10...it's actually really quite an interesting WN, somethign about it just stands out I think.

Uhmm, just how does one actually know when/how to romanize ル then? Does a name like Rubedo have to be Lubedo or Lu Blu turn to Ru Blu unless the author provides the 'correct' version?

I always did wonder when 'R' names get turned to 'L' when it really doesn't have to be (like Ren being turned to Len) or is there a proper way/rule to be followed I don't know about? (If my name Rue is turned to Lue. I'd hit that person who did so)
it's depend on the translator, the "ru" purpose is to copy the sound, Japanese don't have "L" so they use "R" instead, search for name that make sense in English and that situation and hope that you are correct is the best bet.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 08:26   Link #29
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Ah, I do know about the whole Japanese not having "L" thing...

Though I guess in the end, it actually depends on what the author and translators can agree with/choose/ like.
Old 2014-12-29, 08:37   Link #30
laon
Hantai

You can sort of guess if the words has context or taken from established word (like your example, Lu Bu, which is self-explanatory and Rubedo/Rubelia, usually for red themed character).

In this case it's quite tricky though so whatever work for me. :P
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 18:53   Link #31
Ghiest Cid

I wonder what will Iris reaction to the other kids.
Old 2014-12-29, 22:00   Link #32
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Rubeto -> Robert
Lubeto -> Lobett -> Lo Batt ?(lol)

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 01:32   Link #33
Panini

Oooh I like this. Is there a way to....say...show support via "Tips" on the main page?
Panini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 03:57   Link #34
Ghiest Cid

So that means she will slowly age. His mother will notice although she will be happy since she can dress her up much longer. At worst she could force her to drink milk everyday.

Edit: base on the monologue she will drink the milk willingly. That huge misunderstanding.

Last edited by Ghiest Cid; 2014-12-30 at 17:12.
Old 2015-01-03, 01:32   Link #35
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Just finished up to chapter 14 from Briollaire's blog.

I really have gotten quite fond of Gran & Yuumis. Their personalities are quite refreshing contrasts to the stereotype of their appearance, they have a nice blend of maturity & eccentricities that makes them amusing people as well as good partners.
Old 2015-01-03, 15:35   Link #36
DeathMetalBunny

This is a nice little series so far. All the character personalities are quite refreshing.
DeathMetalBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 15:52   Link #37
Ghiest Cid

Yeah so far there is not a single person that I hate.
Old 2015-01-07, 19:31   Link #38
GodTurtleOm

She put up chapter 15, we meet his dad, Patrick, who generally seems like a pretty cool dude. Everyone is this series so far is incredibly laid back, not counting the battle to the death in the first chapter.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 20:26   Link #39
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
She put up chapter 15, we meet his dad, Patrick, who generally seems like a pretty cool dude. Everyone is this series so far is incredibly laid back, not counting the battle to the death in the first chapter.
His father is perceptive and have a unique way of trolling his son. Can't help to compare him to the father of rudeus though.
Old 2015-01-08, 01:31   Link #40
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

I'm glad i read this web novel, thank you translators!
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, demon king, reincarnation, timeslip, webnovel