5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 10.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 16 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 6.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 4.02%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 13.79%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-21, 00:45   Link #21
OliverTwist

Overall I thought it was a pretty dissapointing episode, as it was all buildup, and not really any action to speak of. I wish they would have kept this a 30 minute episode and saved the hour long one for after the break.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 00:48   Link #22
sayde

naruto's 4-tail appearance caught me by surprise. It looks nasty (and I mean that in both a good way and a literal way). I like his 4-tail appearance infinitely more than his 2/3-tail form. (the black rings around the eyes and the black lips just don't do it for me.).

I also loved how they showed his skin peel off his body, and the animation in general during the later half of the episode was pretty solid. Their were some moments where Naruto actually looked scary for a change.

Spoiler for 4-tail appearance:

But I have to admit, I was disappointed to see that this episode was mostly composed of flashbacks, stares, and powering up. But if you get passed that, it's not too bad.

I pray to god that the animation team did a good job on the next episode. Seriously, if this next episodes animation isn't on par or better than episode 26, I'll be pissed since this is one fight I've been waiting to see for years.

Last edited by sayde; 2007-12-21 at 01:18.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 01:08   Link #23
ghstwrld

Disappointment am total.

The "ugly" and laborious nature of these two episodes totally obscured the emotional clarity of the narrative. By the time the Kyuubi was finally revealed, I was laughing out loud.

4/10

I can't believe they had the audacity to dub this as a special.

Spoiler for What were they thinking?:
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 01:15   Link #24
philmein

what the hell is this?!
I just finished the first half, and I was like..."wth is this? It was pretty badass in terms of his amazing power, but wth, the entire half of that episode was staring and powering up with some flashback). I didn't mind the flashback, but the rest felt like another Goku vs. Freeza moment during the power up and constant staring. Omg....
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 01:49   Link #25
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Yup they made the Kyuubi look so stupid in this episode, why didn't they draw it as they had before?!
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 01:51   Link #26
eternalblue3961

8/10

That would have been a really really good episoide if they removed all that heedless staring contest. It seems like everyone was having a big staring orgie and all those zoom outs and different angles of the same seen was very uneccessary. If this was a 30 min ep, it would have been awesome!

Wow that wood clone jutsu looked so badass animated, and so does Orichimaru's wierd bodies coming from his mouth. Overall I give it 8/10
eternalblue3961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 02:07   Link #27
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphis View Post
Yup they made the Kyuubi look so stupid in this episode, why didn't they draw it as they had before?!
imo they couldve just used old frames instead of that one....totally stuff up the quality and buildup anticipation of this eps with crappy drawings
Old 2007-12-21, 02:14   Link #28
EoT
~~

Summary: Naruto goes 1 tail, 2 tail, 3 tail 30mins later 4 tail! the end

Horrible dissapointment.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 02:30   Link #29
philmein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
Summary: Naruto goes 1 tail, 2 tail, 3 tail 30mins later 4 tail! the end

Horrible dissapointment.
LOL!
I loved your sypnosis...HAHAHA
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 03:05   Link #30
Schuyler

Like others said horrid! They added so much filler crap to this one hour special, they ruined it, but it was good seeing Naruto transform.
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 03:13   Link #31
Red-Miko
*Fansubber

Lol.... the battle has only begun. Can't wait for epi.42 which comes out Jan.10th yay!
Red-Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 03:59   Link #32
ipernorris

There is one moment I really liked about this special: when they show the deforested field around Naruto... with all the clouds around.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 05:21   Link #33
vision55

I guess when the demon fox's chakra takes over you, you magically receive eye liner and get black lip stick.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 05:25   Link #34
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
I think it was pretty cool. You can imagine why they made this a special(people would get angry that they waited for 3-4 weeks to finally get the action started).
I think that is was very interesting. When you see what power Naruto/Kyuubi really has, it feels like Hell is about to be unleashed....
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 05:50   Link #35
filthydani

Ruined....
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 06:13   Link #36
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Wow.. I was sitting there going "When are they gonna stop staring at each other? When is it gonna move onto next scene?" When it does move onto next scene, it pauses there for a long while too lol
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 07:01   Link #37
F3rNanD3s

over usage of "doujutsu". zZzZzzz

only highlight was Yamato displaying his mokuton techniques...
F3rNanD3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 07:17   Link #38
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

This was soo stupid. One episode would've been 10x better. I hated the annoying staring contest. I really wasted my time this episode. There were moments (after 30min) where i fast forward the scenes untill something happened.

This was one of the fast paced action in the manga but it turned out to be soooo slow in the anime. So disappointing. I really felt like watching the same pictures all the time.
Old 2007-12-21, 07:20   Link #39
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Overly done at everything would be an appropriate summary. The only saving grace is the artist is so inlove with Sakura .. So many pretty faces of her. <3

I love the part where Naruto past the gate over to Kyuubi side to seal the pact. Other then that, have to admit its a bad double episode ..

On a better note, I think its the same group that did Sasuke Oro match back in Chuunin exam (or the Sasuke x Naruto in Valley of the End) that would take charge of the next episode .. So smooth flowing battle should be guaranteed.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 07:32   Link #40
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Epic episode. Well i thought they were standing idle alot, but still it was an epic episode. Well with them having so much idle moments in these 2 episodes ,i doubt they will have it for the next episode ( well if they are going to take another 2 episodes , thats another story). Any ways i loved it. I liked the first part better than the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Overly done at everything would be an appropriate summary. The only saving grace is the artist is so inlove with Sakura .. So many pretty faces of her. <3

I love the part where Naruto past the gate over to Kyuubi side to seal the pact. Other then that, have to admit its a bad double episode ..

On a better note, I think its the same group that did Sasuke Oro match back in Chuunin exam (or the Sasuke x Naruto in Valley of the End) that would take charge of the next episode .. So smooth flowing battle should be guaranteed.

How do you know its the same group?