AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 9 20.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 27.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-17, 10:48   Link #21
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh gawd Shinra you're a dirty boy and TOTALLY deserved that His dad is so win.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-17, 12:08   Link #22
Kitsu
The unlucky one

First off... Celty making little hearts out of the shadows/smoke whatever was really cute.
Otherwise I thought this was quite a nice build up episode. I'm really bumped to see the next one.
Also... 10 bucks that Anri pulls out Saika next episode and offs that knife guy behind her?
Old 2010-04-17, 12:11   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Oh gawd Shinra you're a dirty boy and TOTALLY deserved that His dad is so win.
I totally saw that coming but it was still funny as hell. XD

That whole chat thing at the start kinda put me on the edge a bit. I'm just expecting Izaya to do something nasty at any minute. I got the same feeling when Yagiri, Shinra's dad and Izaya were chatting.

The family reunion was just full of heartwarming moments, though. I can't believe Celty's reaction and her doing that finger thing. And as i suspected, Shinra's father really did steal her head (I seriously loled when he just legged it and tricked Celty into driving out). It's great that Shinra wised up and decided to tell Celty about the sword and not hold it back from her.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-17 at 12:23.
Old 2010-04-17, 16:53   Link #24
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Oh god I can't stop watching that elevator scene Shingen is just too funny! XD

The part where he's all laughing and like:

"I shall come pick up my luggage another time, farewell."
(Que dramatic arm movement to push the button with Shingen doing a 'puowsh' sound effect on pressing.)
*Waits for elevator to come back up.*
(Silence)
*Shingen checks his watch.*

XDDDDDDDD

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-04-17, 17:55   Link #25
Kallen4life

I thought it would be impossible, but IMHO as of ep14

Shingen > rest of DRRR cast put together
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-04-17, 20:51   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
But wow Shingen is so dead. The only possible thing that might keep Celty from killing him is the fact that he's Shinra's father. Really the guy the source of so much that it'll be amazing if he can get through this series. Uses the sword to steal Celty's head, tricks her so he can experiment on her body, and knows pretty darn well where the head is. A weird place for Shinra to be in really.
Old 2010-04-17, 23:16   Link #27
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
and I felt that the pace was a lot better than usual

Really? I actually felt that the pace was all over the place, as iff someone had pressed the FAST FORWARD button or the story boarder was on steroids. I would expect a much slower pace for the build up episodes.

Other than that, everything points towards Anri becoming the slasher. Dun dun dun. (probably the sword keeps transmigrating in search of more suitable bearers or something.)
Old 2010-04-17, 23:24   Link #28
Jarmel

Wow that talk at the end with Shingen and Izaya totally changed my perspective. The guy is insanely dangerous and just acts like a goofball to throw people off. I also wonder if the guy is actually skilled in martial arts if he was able to use a katana. The pedo teacher doesn't know when to give it up, I mean seriously he knows Kida knows he's trying to molest Anri. Also Shinra likes his secrets.
Old 2010-04-18, 03:23   Link #29
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But wow Shingen is so dead. The only possible thing that might keep Celty from killing him is the fact that he's Shinra's father.
There could be a chance that she might prefer her headless life compared to her old one. But how will she be able to find out what her old life is like?
Old 2010-04-18, 05:01   Link #30
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Also... 10 bucks that Anri pulls out Saika next episode and offs that knife guy behind her?
Preview has Shizuo ninja-ing Anri and going for the KS :P
The episode felt so short, must have been the tons of plot advancement...also I wouldn't be surprised if Shingen was Izaya's father, these guys think alike way too much. I don't mind his character though, it just makes the anime a lot more interesting, but it does pose a few questions about Shinra's feelings towards him. I mean, he's given Celty all the trouble he can and now helps Izaya play with her, wouldn't a normal person hate that kind of dad?
On to our ero-sensei, looks like another girl transferred thanks to his excessive "caring" for her...someone look after my Anri ~_~

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-04-18 at 06:04.
Old 2010-04-18, 06:13   Link #31
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Damn it. I should start watching previews. But the guy behind definintely just had a knife so it's jsut a random dude who likes to stab girls or is just a bad copycat and if I remember correctly in the last episode the stabber didn't had a katana either or did my eyes decieve me?

Last edited by Kitsu; 2010-04-18 at 07:49.
Old 2010-04-18, 06:15   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Dun remember about 13's, but this one's got a kitchen knife...maybe it's made from Saika's twin brother:P
Old 2010-04-18, 07:55   Link #33
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Damn it. I should start watching previews. But the guy behind definintely just had a knife so it's jsut a random dude who likes to stab girls or is just a bad copycat and if I remember correctly in the last episode the stabber didn't had a katana either or did my eyes decieve me?
There had been at least two different slashers, and only one had the katana. We knew that ever since the ep Celty was stabbed in the arm.
Old 2010-04-18, 08:11   Link #34
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The episode felt so short, must have been the tons of plot advancement...also I wouldn't be surprised if Shingen was Izaya's father, these guys think alike way too much. I don't mind his character though, it just makes the anime a lot more interesting, but it does pose a few questions about Shinra's feelings towards him. I mean, he's given Celty all the trouble he can and now helps Izaya play with her, wouldn't a normal person hate that kind of dad?
Going by the little bit Shinra says about him episode 4, it seems like he has mixed feelings about Shingen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There had been at least two different slashers, and only one had the katana. We knew that ever since the ep Celty was stabbed in the arm.
I'd say we have 3 now, but the weird thing how they all have different weapons and red eyes despite the fact that Saika is suppose to be a sword.
Old 2010-04-18, 12:40   Link #35
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Wasn't the slasher this time that cop/detective guy from episodes ago, that was searching for the strongest person in Ikebukuro?

Back in episode 5, we first see the slasher as a long haired girl. Once the cop/detective guy gets home, he asks Haruna (his daughter?) if she ate, then we see Haruna on a computer, and she has long hair....

So I'm pretty sure there's some connection between the Cop guy, Haruna, and Anri, but what I don't know Perhaps they are family, the parents got a divorce, the mother took Anri, the father took Haruna, and Haruna is looking for her mother, which is why she spams the chat with Mother?
Old 2010-04-18, 18:39   Link #36
wry bread

Watching this episode, all I could say was: Oh, Shingen, you awesomely devious sneaky dork of a creep. <3 Only two episodes into the second arc and he's already grown on me.

Tsun-dere-dere Celty was pretty cute too, though. And was anyone else weirded out by the fact that Izaya's hiding Celty's head in what looks like a cookie jar? o-o;
Old 2010-04-18, 20:21   Link #37
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by wry bread View Post
And was anyone else weirded out by the fact that Izaya's hiding Celty's head in what looks like a cookie jar? o-o;
ah..

you right...

Izaya suppose hiding 'that' at kitchen
Old 2010-04-18, 20:37   Link #38
Dollars.jp
Access Denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Wasn't the slasher this time that cop/detective guy from episodes ago, that was searching for the strongest person in Ikebukuro?

Back in episode 5, we first see the slasher as a long haired girl. Once the cop/detective guy gets home, he asks Haruna (his daughter?) if she ate, then we see Haruna on a computer, and she has long hair....

So I'm pretty sure there's some connection between the Cop guy, Haruna, and Anri, but what I don't know Perhaps they are family, the parents got a divorce, the mother took Anri, the father took Haruna, and Haruna is looking for her mother, which is why she spams the chat with Mother?
There is a connection between all of them, but there's something else too that I can't believe that I missed earlier.

We all know that the perverted teacher was romantically involved with a girl named Haruna, which is also the name of the detective's daughter, who is apparently the "second" slasher. She was the one who chopped Celty's helmet off, and who also attacked the members of the Yellow Scarves. The man that Celty is dealing with right before Haruna attacks her also REALLY looks like the perverted teacher (especially his haircut,) although his demeanor and attitude is completely different, at least in this situation.

I went back and looked at episode 5, and Haruna definitely doesn't have a Katana or anything even closely resembling a knife in her room when we get a quick view of it, although she definitely was the Saika trolling Dollars chat, which means that she obviously has something to do with the slasher at the very least.

***With evidence that the detective's daughter (Haruna) is the second slasher, he might have found Saika in her room, which causes him to lose his mind in the future (specifically where he starts stalking Anri and gets ready to kill her).

I find it interesting that both of the girls who have been targeted by the perverted teacher are both apparently possible suspects for a slasher that has been terrorizing an entire city. Weird taste in women I guess?

Also, what's up with Kida's old friend (girlfriend probably,) that's in the hopsital? We don't know anything about her besides the fact that she knows Izaya, and that she's been in what appears to be a hospital for a long time. Maybe she got involved in the battle between the Yellow Scarves and the Blue Squares and got maimed or injured, which is why Kida relinquished his position as the leader of the gang.
Old 2010-04-18, 23:11   Link #39
wry bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollars.jp View Post
She was the one who chopped Celty's helmet off, and who also attacked the members of the Yellow Scarves. The man that Celty is dealing with right before Haruna attacks her also REALLY looks like the perverted teacher (especially his haircut,) although his demeanor and attitude is completely different, at least in this situation.
Call me on this if I'm wrong, but somehow I doubt the one that knocked off Celty's helmet was Haruna. Didn't that one have short hair? Also, I'm pretty sure that was just a random guy that Celty was trying to take the briefcase from...the hairstyle does look somewhat similar, but like you said demeanor and attitude are completely different (voice too...but then again?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollars.jp View Post
Also, what's up with Kida's old friend (girlfriend probably,) that's in the hopsital? We don't know anything about her besides the fact that she knows Izaya, and that she's been in what appears to be a hospital for a long time. Maybe she got involved in the battle between the Yellow Scarves and the Blue Squares and got maimed or injured, which is why Kida relinquished his position as the leader of the gang.
I concur with this hypothesis.
Old 2010-04-18, 23:22   Link #40
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

OOH !!! you naughty Slasher. Shizuo is after you now. You're SO DEAD !!!
Closed Thread