AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 10:03   Link #381
n0m@n
C-Z

Hmm, maybe "Super Saiyan God" is a fusion between "Goku(Super Saiyan)" and "Dende(Kami=God)" lol.
Old 2013-03-05, 10:36   Link #382
GDB

I'm sure it's just Goku being given power by Birisu's other god friend to stop him or some crap.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:49   Link #383
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What the hell is Sword of the Dragon?
My bad there. Wrath of the Dragon, as I remember when I saw this in the vhs format Gohan still goes SSJ back then when it was first released, but in the later DVD releases he doesn't. They probably try to remake it all like the Irradiate the saiyans that comes with DBraging blast 2.

for now since we don't have the SS God form

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-05, 20:44   Link #384
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Sad thing about this movie is that it could be suffering from GT syndrome. "Everybody who isn't Goku is completely useless." With Super Saiyan God even Gohan would be left out and he is stronger that a Super Saiyan 3.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 20:49   Link #385
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
My bad there. Wrath of the Dragon, as I remember when I saw this in the vhs format Gohan still goes SSJ back then when it was first released, but in the later DVD releases he doesn't. They probably try to remake it all like the Irradiate the saiyans that comes with DBraging blast 2.
I had the VHS version too, and I remember him specifically not going Super Saiyan. I remember, because the first time I watched it, I thought he was Yamcha.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:59   Link #386
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
I had the VHS version too, and I remember him specifically not going Super Saiyan. I remember, because the first time I watched it, I thought he was Yamcha.
Goten also goes through that in the end of Z so he wears a shirt that says "GOTEN" to avoid being confused. Genius!

Old 2013-03-05, 21:37   Link #387
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Sad thing about this movie is that it could be suffering from GT syndrome. "Everybody who isn't Goku is completely useless." With Super Saiyan God even Gohan would be left out and he is stronger that a Super Saiyan 3.
that comment makes me remember the day when everyone argued who was the stronger one: Ultimate Gohan or Goku in SSJ 3 ? It was an infamous debate that both sides would only agree to disagree

But imo, with the way Gohan behaves after the 7 year time skip, it's only a matter of time for Goku to be the undisputed strongest fighter again. And Vegeta will soon also surpass Gohan. Gohan just simply refuses to train after the cell's saga for some reason, which is just so unreasonable in my perspective. Gohan was always a mature and serious character before the buul's saga and he should have known he was the new saviour of the Earth. He should have continued the training like what he did in the movie against Bojack. But no, apparently cell hit Gohan's head during the fight and he just became a goof.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 21:44   Link #388
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think that Ultimate vs SS3 argument is a combination with the Super Buu vs Original Buu. I don't think it ever end. There is an joke in a GBA Dragon Ball Z that tells that whoever defeats Cell will become weak for the rest of the series. It happens to Vegeta when he defeats the androids.
Old 2013-03-05, 21:56   Link #389
justavisitor

yeah that too...personally I think the whole buu's saga is just a mess in terms of power level and Goku's personality. Where is the Goku we know who likes to accept challenge? In the buu's saga he constantly begs other to fight for him which is just out of his character. He wants to fight majin vegeta and yet he would like to avoid buu at all cost. Actually Goku was not the same anymore in Cell's saga. He should have trained one more day alone as a back up plan even tho he knew Gohan was stronger than Cell. However I could let it go.

But it's just insane in Buu's saga. It's just not the Goku I know (Or I think I know) anymore
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2013-03-05, 22:01   Link #390
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Yes it was like Toriyama hearing the fans' wishes to make Goku save the day. The thing I liked about Goku in Cell is that he started thinking more about others which made him train his son to take down Cell. This served to give one of the series' messages about generations but all this was ruined when Goku returned to Earth to fight Buu.
Old 2013-03-05, 22:12   Link #391
justavisitor

I can let it go in Cell's saga because it is a symbol of passing the torch to the next generation, but it's just off the scale completely in Buu's saga which makes me wish the whole thing just ends at Cell's saga.

I could go on and on but the 3 things I hate the most in buu's saga are:

1. Oh I could have beat fat buu in SSJ3 but it's my 7 years old son and his same age friend's job now... REALLY?

2. Oh I could have beat kid buu in full power but I want to let my SSJ2 friend have a chance to fight... REALLY? (Is this the dub's mistake?)

3. Goku avoids to fight super buu at all cost.

Vegeta, on the other hand, outshines Goku completely in this saga
Old 2013-03-06, 04:36   Link #392
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
But imo, with the way Gohan behaves after the 7 year time skip, it's only a matter of time for Goku to be the undisputed strongest fighter again. And Vegeta will soon also surpass Gohan. Gohan just simply refuses to train after the cell's saga for some reason, which is just so unreasonable in my perspective. Gohan was always a mature and serious character before the buul's saga and he should have known he was the new saviour of the Earth. He should have continued the training like what he did in the movie against Bojack. But no, apparently cell hit Gohan's head during the fight and he just became a goof.
IMO, it was not Gohan, but his mother who probably would not let him train and rather had him focus on his studies.
That movie was a non Canon movie.
Old 2013-03-06, 09:20   Link #393
justavisitor

But even Gohan acknowledged that ChiChi has changed (let goten do whatever he wants)...maybe she is only doing it to Goten because he looks like Goku

and we all know the movie is not a canon..I just like that gohan more (who tries to train in peace time) and this movie happens to be the rare one that actually fits into the story setting and timeline. You almost can't find anything in this movie that contradictes with the series. XD
Old 2013-03-07, 01:39   Link #394
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Mine didn't had subs it was raw lent by friend. Only watched it once before so I might have missed it, since that time I was burning out on DB series and going forward to new animes.

The one thing consistent in the DB series is that Goku and Vegeta gets stronger every time there is a time skip or a new saga,they're always the 2 top dogs in DBZ/GT series even if people don't acknowledge GT as part of the canon, it remains the 2 pure saiyans gets stronger.

Goku imho in the Buu Saga has that "sensei-syndrome", since Akira Toriyama based this on Chinese kungfu movies. There was once a Chinese movie I watched where it's a teacher against teacher, the master let the student fight the teacher of the other school of martial arts. That's why Goku has been talking with his ass all the time in the Buu saga. Also I really never thought about it, indeed Goku is dodging all the Buu's even if he fought Majin Buu. No wonder I liked Vegeta more here after his majin transformation. Either way I could say with great power it made Goku cocky.

Anyways back to the movie.
This movie will be airing in animax right?
Old 2013-03-07, 06:17   Link #395
sky black swordman

Quote:
Goku imho in the Buu Saga has that "sensei-syndrome", since Akira Toriyama based this on Chinese kungfu movies. There was once a Chinese movie I watched where it's a teacher against teacher, the master let the student fight the teacher of the other school of martial arts. That's why Goku has been talking with his ass all the time in the Buu saga. Also I really never thought about it, indeed Goku is dodging all the Buu's even if he fought Majin Buu. No wonder I liked Vegeta more here after his majin transformation. Either way I could say with great power it made Goku cocky.
Goku did it because he wanted Gohan, Goten, and Trunks to be the ones to defeat Buu. Before his final fight with Kid Buu, Goku said ;
Quote:
The fact of the matter is, I probably could have destroyed the Fat Majin Buu when I was at Super Saiyan 3. But I wanted Gohan and the boys to try their hand at saving the world....I won't be around forever.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:20   Link #396
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Anyways back to the movie.
This movie will be airing in animax right?
The old movies will be airing this month on Animax and a few other channels, yes.

The new movie opens in theaters on March 30th.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:55   Link #397
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Goku did it because he wanted Gohan, Goten, and Trunks to be the ones to defeat Buu. Before his final fight with Kid Buu, Goku said ;
With what he did since he thought Gotenks and Gohan might pull another Cell victory, but it just backfired and the 3 saiyan kids got swallowed up.

Quote:
The old movies will be airing this month on Animax and a few other channels, yes.

The new movie opens in theaters on March 30th.
oh dang it!
Old 2013-03-08, 16:35   Link #398
GDB

Proof that Mystic Gohan has replaced Super Saiyan Gohan in the movie, in case you doubted the scriptwriter quoted a page or two back.

Just scroll down. The image is the same as the Super Saiyan one from early screen shots, but in Mystic form.
Old 2013-03-08, 16:42   Link #399
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Sweetness. Nice to know they're taking continuity into account in this movie. They know that fans treat this stuff pretty seriously.
Old 2013-03-09, 00:53   Link #400
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Proof that Mystic Gohan has replaced Super Saiyan Gohan in the movie, in case you doubted the scriptwriter quoted a page or two back.

Just scroll down. The image is the same as the Super Saiyan one from early screen shots, but in Mystic form.
And so it has been changed after all.

I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping SS got retconned back into Gohan's power. But...oh well. It's no big deal.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote