AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-26, 12:25   Link #3981
Althero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
while reading chapter 1 summary.... pffft wtf!!!! stakolskfaokafokfdoakfoakfo Kinji crossdress before too!? when and illustration!
Illustration of 18 were at page 195 but no cross-dressing Kinji.
But there is one at page 184.

Also, if anyone is curious i have the illustration of V.19 for awhile but i will likely post them during the weekend or during March break.

Btw, thank for the summary Flere
Althero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 19:50   Link #3982
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

More summaries. More stuff to think about. Why is this able to continue on so long if the anime hasn't sold well enough for a second season? Assuming the new project is actually AA and not a second season of the anime.

Is the novel that much better than the anime to where the anime can barely relate?
Old 2015-02-26, 20:28   Link #3983
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
just start reading the summaries.

thanks btw flere.

while reading chapter 1 summary.... pffft wtf!!!! stakolskfaokafokfdoakfoakfo Kinji crossdress before too!? when and illustration!
Etto, you really don't know? It's in Flere's summaries, right in volume 16.... He crossdressed to escape from the the people of the Church, who were traitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And here's Volume 16 comments:
Spoiler for vol16:

I'm out of empathy/rage after typing for so long. I hope this gets some discussion in this thread, otherwise I'm not sure why I spent so much effort into this.

*sleeps*
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 22:25   Link #3984
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
hmmmm..... that's Kinji, huh . . . well, that confirms atleast one thing ... he prefers them small/flat
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 23:12   Link #3985
Flere821
Lurker

Oh hey Mod merge. Thanks

On a more general note, for me this volume redeemed the entire clusterfrak this series was headed towards over the past few volumes. Mediocrity is the norm, not the exception, in LNs (ie, a ton of harem antics / fanservices for more sales, plot contrivances *points at R3 underestimating enemies* and so on) and HnA is no different in that regards. It's nowhere near 'BEST THING EVAR' level of good, but it's not horri-bad either *shrug*
Quote:
What Ophis said above.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-27, 08:11   Link #3986
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakami Kai View Post
More summaries. More stuff to think about. Why is this able to continue on so long if the anime hasn't sold well enough for a second season? Assuming the new project is actually AA and not a second season of the anime.
eh, the sales for Aria anime is good. its above 5k mark and that alone can gave one hope for second season.

The new project is already announced as AA.

But just to remember that its the publisher that decides and produced the anime. They just contact studio(in this case JC Staff) to animate it.

And for all the complaining on Hidan no Aria. Its still doesn't mean that its not getting a good sales.

The novel is still one among the top seller light novel.

Last time I checked and that is probably 2013 or 2014. its still in top 50 light novel. Around the middle if I remember it right.

I don't know now the current status of the sales but its still one of the best seller.

heck, the manga adaptation is selling good. The side story too.

This franchise is a success. Its just not that probably successful outside of japan. And its not like there are that many people who buy outside of japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Etto, you really don't know? It's in Flere's summaries, right in volume 16.... He crossdressed to escape from the the people of the Church, who were traitors.
I really didn't know.

heck, I'm not following this series for some time now. I'm still familiar with the latest but that is only up till the defeat of sun wukong. After that. I only have partial knowledge.
Old 2015-02-27, 21:22   Link #3987
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

So 5k is enough for a second season? Someone once told me it was 20k that was needed for hope. Looks like someone lied to me.
Old 2015-02-27, 21:25   Link #3988
bakato

Quote:
So 5k is enough for a second season? Someone once told me it was 20k that was needed for hope. Looks like someone lied to me.
As far as I know, it's always been 5k.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-27, 21:43   Link #3989
Valky
Radioactive

No, BD sales is only one of factors to consider for a sequel. Good BD sales doesn't necessarily means it will automatically get a sequel or second season.

Better sales indeed give better hope, but ultimately it still depends on the publisher and people behind the creation of the anime, like sponsors and such.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 00:46   Link #3990
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
As said, there's no number that really guarantees a sequel, but there's no way it would be a whopping 20k. Only the cream of the crop in popularity gets that high in sales. If there had to be a number, it would be much closer to 5-6k.
Old 2015-02-28, 09:41   Link #3991
tsunade666

I don't even remember that much Anime that sold 20k and above (aside from gundam and bakemonogatari)
Old 2015-02-28, 09:55   Link #3992
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

There were a handful of others, like Infinite Stratos season 1, Yamato 2199, and Sword Art Online. (which shot right past 20k and into the high 30s)
Old 2015-03-04, 17:55   Link #3993
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

So those are what it takes to get a guarantee for a second season? 30k? I thought SAO did better than that.
Old 2015-03-04, 18:39   Link #3994
ImperialFlameGod8190

Here's the real question i have lets assume that Hidan No Aria got a second season. Would u have actually watched it? Frankly idk if i could when u consider how season 1 played out.
Aria is one of the most obnoxious anime characters in history. Kinji was an MC that no matter how badass he was in HSS mode was an absolute lush outside of it. Idk if i could've taken 12 more episodes of that show

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 23:27   Link #3995
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

There's no such thing as a guarantee for a second season. Yamato 2199, with its very high sales numbers and all its setup for further installments based on the original continuity, has yet to make an announcement for any such sequels. Sometimes a super-popular series just doesnt get the green light for further installments, for whatever reason(s). Hataraku Maou-Sama is another example. It did quite well at nearly 10k sales per volume and the novels are still selling well too, but there's been no word on a second season.
The closest thing to a "guarantee" of anything is that low sales will shoot down any potential sequels. An example for this case is Buddy Complex; it ended with a cliffhanger and a "to be continued" message, but didn't even break 2k sales. Fortunately though, Sunrise didn't leave us hanging like that and made a two-episode special to wrap up the story as best they could in that limited time frame.
Old 2015-03-05, 04:02   Link #3996
AP24

I think BD/DVD sales is more of an indication if it will not get another season. If sales are good it can go either way but if they are bad it will most likely not get another season.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 05:18   Link #3997
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

Bah. I just hope that the AA project is going to be any good. Like is it going to stick to the story, or is it going to do something like ignore it's predecessors completely.
Old 2015-03-05, 06:07   Link #3998
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Bah. I just hope that the AA project is going to be any good. Like is it going to stick to the story, or is it going to do something like ignore it's predecessors completely.
AA has extremely little to do with the original story other then having aria.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 20:54   Link #3999
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

It at least acknowledged the prior existence.
Old 2015-03-26, 14:15   Link #4000
Charchoroth

For anyone interested...

Silvered Tongue
Charchoroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen