AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-09, 17:53   Link #4001
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ they probably can beat the ship without upgrading, but I'm not willing to go through that tediousness
battle until later with a fully upgraded Jackdaw. that side cannons from that ship send
my ship flying like I'm getting hit by a "Rocket Punch" to the face...oow.

so there's going to be more missions involving SHARKS?! dear god...I'm OK with harpooning
them Great White Shark, Bull Shark, and Hammer head, but they expect me to swim
through the ocean with Sharks around and you can't even attack them? my sharks
phobia is startling. I'll just do what I do best in this game and run away when I see sharks.
i'll probably won't like it at all. Damn sharks!

well, I guess I'm going to have to skip the ghost ship for now. I'm on this Kenway's Fleet
missions where they required a ship that has 80 cargo space; my 'Man of War' ships can
only hold up to 70, so I'll probably have to hunt down them level 60 hunter ships.
the last time I face a level 60 hunter ship, it was accompany by another level 37 man of war
and level 20+ something ship. fighting one ship at a time would have been nice;
3 at a time was overkill...lol. let's hope the next time I ran into a level 60 hunter, it's by
itself at least.

----------------------------------------
currently playing:

ps4 - Tomb Raider: DE
comments: taking a little break from sharks in AC4. I can't handle any more of them.
while the game was running smoothly, I kind of notice there was some lag
in dense forest area for some reason, but it wasn't all that bad. I'm liking the bow
in this game; it's quick to pull the trigger and shoot unlike the bow from Far Cry 3,
where it's slow. the QTE in this game....ughh, I don't know how many time I mess up on
them, simply cause you have to tap the button very quickly and my reactions are kind of slow,
so I ended up dying a lot for no reason....
Old 2014-03-09, 18:42   Link #4002
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ they probably can beat the ship without upgrading, but I'm not willing to go through that tediousness
battle until later with a fully upgraded Jackdaw. that side cannons from that ship send
my ship flying like I'm getting hit by a "Rocket Punch" to the face...oow.

so there's going to be more missions involving SHARKS?! dear god...I'm OK with harpooning
them Great White Shark, Bull Shark, and Hammer head, but they expect me to swim
through the ocean with Sharks around and you can't even attack them? my sharks
phobia is startling. I'll just do what I do best in this game and run away when I see sharks.
i'll probably won't like it at all. Damn sharks!

well, I guess I'm going to have to skip the ghost ship for now. I'm on this Kenway's Fleet
missions where they required a ship that has 80 cargo space; my 'Man of War' ships can
only hold up to 70, so I'll probably have to hunt down them level 60 hunter ships.
the last time I face a level 60 hunter ship, it was accompany by another level 37 man of war
and level 20+ something ship. fighting one ship at a time would have been nice;
3 at a time was overkill...lol. let's hope the next time I ran into a level 60 hunter, it's by
itself at least.
You don't have to lure out hunters only. If you've gotten far enough in the main story, the bottom part of the map should be available, and that's where you will find most high level ships, including level 60 man o wars that can hold 80 cargo. They are pretty much anywhere in that area. But usually they are with a small fleet.

I don't remember but I think legendaries hold more than 70 too, but I wouldn't bother unless I was desparate. Too powerful. XD
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 18:58   Link #4003
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ oh wow, thanks for the info. that's going to save me a lot of time trying to go out and
hunt for a fail level 60 hunter and then get pawned by them.

I guess i'll have to start doing the main missions again. I have been wondering off and doing
a bunch of side quests and activities far too long. need to advance the story and
hunt down some level 60 "man of war" ships.

I'm really not that desperate to face them legendary ships; they are not only powerful, but they also have
WAYYY too much armor. when I ram into a ship and it only does about 1/20 damage,
it's time to high tail out of there!
Old 2014-03-09, 19:08   Link #4004
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
^ oh wow, thanks for the info. that's going to save me a lot of time trying to go out and
hunt for a fail level 60 hunter and then get pawned by them.

I guess i'll have to start doing the main missions again. I have been wondering off and doing
a bunch of side quests and activities far too long. need to advance the story and
hunt down some level 60 "man of war" ships.

I'm really not that desperate to face them legendary ships; they are not only powerful, but they also have
WAYYY too much armor. when I ram into a ship and it only does about 1/20 damage,
it's time to high tail out of there!
I only confronted them after my ship was fully upgraded, and so far I took down 2. It takes a bit of time but it was much easier than before when I tried attacking with my ship at only 80% upgraded. The challenge makes it fun though, since usually regular ships are easy as heck to defeat if you're well equipped. It's been more than a month since I finished the game, so I don't remember but I think you get a reward for defeating legendary ships.

Do you have the Freedom Cry add-on or plan on getting it?
Old 2014-03-09, 19:31   Link #4005
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ nah, I'm not planning to get the DLC of AC4 game. the main game itself will last me a long
time and I'm not even sure if I'm able to stick to this game for a long time before I pick up
another game. my backlog is getting rather HUGE lately.

and I still haven't try out that Avaline separate story that comes with the game yet.

anyways, thanks for the advise regarding the level 60 ships. I'm going to stop here before this thread
becomes nothing but AC4. :P
Old 2014-03-09, 20:14   Link #4006
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

3DS-Senran Kagura: Burst
I just got this game last Saturday on the eshop and it's way too much fun. Although, I decided to be a 100% completionist for once and am now attempting to A-rank each mission with each girl and beat each mission for each girl in Frantic Mode/Yin Mode. Needless to say, I am still at Chapter 2 on the Hanzou side and all of the girls are at Levels 34-38, which is quite overlevelled. Frantic/Yin Mode is not good for prolonged missions since zero defense+flying enemies is not a good combination.
Old 2014-03-11, 19:19   Link #4007
for3ver
The Lost Child

anyone else playing chain chronicles by Sega?
Old 2014-03-11, 22:09   Link #4008
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I've recently gone back and played Enclaved from 2002. Bought it off Steam for 1 buck and thoroughly enjoyed the light campain. The combat surely isn't nearly as fleshed out as say Dark Souls and rather button-mashy, but I didn't mind it that much. Unlocking new classes and equipment was fun and the stages were well designed. Now I'm playing the dark campain, but I don't know if I'll finish it, as the weapons seem to be the same and some of the levels as well, even though you play them a bit differently this time around.
Old 2014-03-16, 19:52   Link #4009
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

pc - Kara no Shojo
comments: finally finish 100% of this game. I had to play this game with a guide next to it since
the choices were very critical and leave no room for wrong choice. most of the bad endings were
REALLY disturbing...got to say. I'm kind of sad that characters with death flags can not be save no matter what you do;
there were at least 2 of them that were my fave...only to end up getting butcher and kill in the end... ><

but that aside, the story was really interesting and kept me playing till the end since I want to know
who the murderers were and why they cut the limbs of those poor girls. the true ending was pretty
much a cliff hanger, so I'm definitely awaiting for the 2nd game to come out to find out
more of what happen to Toko...and probably going to need another guide or else i'll end up on bad endings 99% of the time!

pc - ef -the latter tales-
comments: finish the game with all 3 heroines. this game didn't really have any or much choices to pick; it
was pretty much on "Auto-play" the entire time I was playing. the story were similar to
the anime. I was expecting some kind of miracle for Yuuko's story though, but her story
ended pretty much almost the same as the anime...and if you have seen the anime, you probably know what's up.

pc - Tick! Tack!
comments: finish one path for Ai. she's soooo adorable and funny! I like the tune in this game
and fun environment...after all, after finishing both Kara no Shojo & Ef the latter tale gotten me
depress as HELL cause of all them sad endings. I'm going to do Nerine next and then Sage's path. so it's going
to take another 30-40 hrs. of reading and choices.

------------------------------------------

Dynasty Warriors 8 for the ps4 is coming out soon; I'm waiting for that game and
Cho Dengeki Stryker on the 28th. hopefully Imouto Paradise have a release date soon as well.
haven't touch AC4 for the ps4 lately, maybe i'll jump back in that game again soon,
but am not looking forward to them underwater sharks...lol.
Old 2014-03-23, 14:15   Link #4010
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

pc - DearDrops
comments: I only bought this game cause of Riho. I like her character design and personalities and
she doesn't disappoint. the music and pacing of the story are good. I'm about 6 hrs. into the story and only just
beginning gathering the band together. Yayoi, the guitarist just join. now I need Riho
and Rimu to join as well to just reach the opening of this game...I had to mute Kanade's little sister voice
cause her voice was WAY too high pitch, it was starting to get annoying.

I'm going to finish up Riho's path first and figure out why/how she knows Sho
and why she's annoy he's not playing the violin. also, her voice and singing are rather nice.

DearDrops OP
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

pc - Koihime Musou
comments: the story is rather funny with a bit of action. the battle was kind of funky
though. trying to figure out the weakness of the enemies formation were rather a guessing game for me.
I just use the guide for each battles since I only interested in the story of this game.

the music are also good in this game and fits rather well. the characters are nice and some
are really good looking. mine fave is Sei/Chou'un (Zhao yun); she is pretty cool and strong. too bad this game
doesn't have an ending for her. only 3 of the characters you get to get ending from
and only Aisha (Kan'u) is interesting of the 3; the other 2 (Chouhi & Shokatsuryou), I'm not so interested much.

and also, what the heck they do to Chousen (Diao Chan) in this game? she has becomes to freakily manly... ><
@:54
Images

Will Stretching a Thousand Miles
Images
Old 2014-03-24, 01:10   Link #4011
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

PS3 - I got the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster and Im LOVING IT as much as I did about 13 years ago. Im currently at Bevelle and I'm planning to Platinum both X and X-2. ahh Trophies...
I'll be getting Dark Souls 2 this week, I can't wait!
Old 2014-03-25, 04:33   Link #4012
Xenobane

PC - Home - Recently finished "Analogue: A Hate Story", now playing a small number of games casually, trying to decide what to focus on next. We'll see.

PC - Work - I play a few rounds of League of Angels when I have nothing else to work on. MMO's aren't usually my thing, but hey, it's free and easy to hide in a tab.

However, what I really wish I were playing is Suikoden VI....
Xenobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 06:24   Link #4013
T-6000

I haven't touched Gears of War PC for nearly years (partly because I was disappointed with Epic's decision with not bringing the rest of the series to PC and Cliffy B's big mouth) so I decided to reinstall the game in and give it a try. And for some reason.......the gameplay was unappealing to me. When I first played through it back at 2007 I had a blast through it, and it was tons of fun for me. But now that I played through it........meh? WTF?!

Then again maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I've noticed that my taste in games has changed a bit. A good number of games that I use to play and have fun with are unappealing for me. Old school games such as the Doom series, Heretic/Hexen series, and the quake series just don't seem appealing to me. And recent titles such as Unreal Tournament, Rage, and even the older COD games I use to enjoy just don't cut t for me. I guess what I am saying is that my taste in games seemed to have changed since early last year, which I never imagined would ever happen. Has this happened to any of you guys?
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 13:46   Link #4014
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Back to JRPGs for me. I'm going to try the Conception II demo and maybe start playing The Witch and the Hundred Knight later today.
Old 2014-03-26, 04:06   Link #4015
T-6000

Today I went through some Baldur's Gate 2. Even though this game is around 14 years old it's still as every bit as fun (and enjoyable) as it was years ago, and it still stands up quite well compared to other RPGs of today (many that wish to be nothing more than bland MMOs).
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 12:41   Link #4016
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Playing Soul Sacrifice Delta (Chinese version)...

I find movement much more useful now compared to the previous version (press X to flash move and you can use Movement spell while Melee weapon is out or alternately Movement Spell + Melee for a dash attacK)

Still working out the list of spell combo though. I only know two of them and they are from the tutorial.
Old 2014-03-27, 17:01   Link #4017
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

ps4 - Dynasty Warriors 8 xtreme legend Complete Edition
comments: the armors are shiny as ever. the game running quite smootly on the ps4...
only exception is when there is a fire going on, the game lags a little or when there are
LOTS of enemies+officers on screen the game starts to lag a little bit until you killed everything.
the game has quite a lot of things to do from Free Mode, story, ambition and challenge modes.

while the armors are shiny, some of the character models kind of look bland for me. i thought
the ps3 version was more vibrant in color when it comes to their skins. the ps4 version
doesnt look as good as the ps3 version in that part. also there are that dumb
foggy blur in the distance; that kind of not necessary and it's WAY too blurry.
good thing they will be adding an option to turn that off later on, but we don't know when they're
going to have that patch anytime soon. ><

too bad the game doesnt include the previous DLC on DW8...so much for COMPLETE EDITION,
but there are still a lot to do.

------------------------------------------

my copy of Blazblue CP will be arriving on Friday 28th...also the same day when my
pre-ordered Cho Dengeki Stryker available for download on mangagamer...going to
be busy this weekend!
Old 2014-03-27, 18:12   Link #4018
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
only Aisha (Kan'u) is interesting of the 3; the other 2 (Chouhi & Shokatsuryou), I'm not so interested much.
I get where your coming same was for me, actually there are four routes, but to unlock the forth you need to unlock the other two besides Aisha, then on the forth playthrough score similarly affection points to all three protagonists.

Quote:
and also, what the heck they do to Chousen (Diao Chan) in this game? she has becomes to freakily manly... ><
@:54
Images
Actually i found that rather funny and an interesting switch, since all the male generals ended up as bishoujo generals having the actual bishoujo ending up as the opposite was a loads of laughs.
Old 2014-03-29, 23:23   Link #4019
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Vita
Neptune Rebirth 2 Sister's Generation - I finished the first Rebirth game a while back and I admit that I enjoyed it (of course, its my first time playing one of these games from the main series after watching the anime for it). I only finished the beginning cutscenes, which took a good chunk of time to translate, but I didn't know how they pulled it off, but the framerate is buttery smooth while maintaining the graphics. But still, need to play a bit more before I can have an overall first impressions.

New Atelier Rorona - Finished more endings a few weeks back, now 82% with the trophies.

Atelier Meruru Plus - played a little and trying to make the best weapons.

3DS
Pokemon Y - Breeding and training new Pokemon. So far, I finished training a Glaceon and a Gardevoir. Not only that, I have three boxes of Eevees I need to get rid of on Wonder Trade. Finished transferring all the legendaries though.
Old 2014-03-30, 00:06   Link #4020
Cyprene

How different is Rebirth from the original? I played the original Neptunia several years ago and was NOT impressed.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote