AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-09, 11:00   Link #401
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Wasn't SAO's last volume the climax of its current arc? I highly doubt a set up volume can compete against that.
maybe do not have a Ollerus vs Othinus? covers and summaries lie
Old 2013-08-09, 11:05   Link #402
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I guess some &*() is about to get real - in bed lol
Old 2013-08-09, 11:06   Link #403
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
maybe do not have a Ollerus vs Othinus? covers and summaries lie
They could lie, but the last volume wrapped up a story that was building up since NT 1, it would be unusual to get something big again so fast.
Old 2013-08-09, 11:08   Link #404
Acer
Death to the infidels!

and if that volume Kamijou-san turning an adult thanks the Lessar? this would help?
Old 2013-08-09, 11:17   Link #405
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It would be quite helpful, though Kamachi would need to increase his focus on fanservice. Then again, Lessar could help there. I prefer when he focuses on silliness and self awareness, though (for the less serious parts, I mean).
Old 2013-08-09, 11:17   Link #406
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
and if that volume Kamijou-san turning an adult thanks the Lessar? this would help?
i doubt that would happen,,, i don't know if the character development is worthy enough for those two to do that

wait i'm thinking something differently lol
Old 2013-08-09, 11:35   Link #407
Baron-Zara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-nano View Post
NT8 Cover Low res from 4Chan.
Nice cover.

Can't wait for the larger HQ size

Also surprised Index is there. Well she hasn't been on for quite a long time so gotta keep her from losing face. She's the title character after all

I hope she doesn't have that big a role this volume though. It wastes quite a few pages since all she does is talk about food as usual.

Also hope Kamachi uses Mikoto well this time and without too much tsun.

I would like to see how she interacts with Lessar after SS2 though.

Hope she and Leivinia can become good friends
Old 2013-08-09, 12:20   Link #408
Miraluka
Banned

Glad to see Lessar, at least half of my expectation became true, now, it seems the cover is a half of the full cover(based on Haimura's style, this cover lacks some balance), si it will be like the Daihasesai. I wonder who will be those on the other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post
Nice cover.

Can't wait for the larger HQ size

Also surprised Index is there. Well she hasn't been on for quite a long time so gotta keep her from losing face. She's the title character after all
I wonder what the author is plotting...

Quote:
I hope she doesn't have that big a role this volume though. It wastes quite a few pages since all she does is talk about food as usual.
Thats not a role, just SoL, a role is what she did on Vol.13 and Vol.7. When Index is around magicians, she does her job quite well. What has me worried is that the author may end putting tsun Mikoto scenes just for the sake of it in the middle of a war.

Quote:
Hope she and Leivinia can become good friends
I don't know why but I have a feeling that those two won't be interacting with each other aside from some words.
Old 2013-08-09, 12:50   Link #409
Baron-Zara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Thats not a role, just SoL, a role is what she did on Vol.13 and Vol.7. When Index is around magicians, she does her job quite well. What has me worried is that the author may end putting tsun Mikoto scenes just for the sake of it in the middle of a war.
Hehe...well true, She was really useful in those 2 volumes...it's just that Kamachi has made her "role" be an annoying glutton lately ...To the extent that whenever I see her I can only think she's gonna be the Damsel in distress or just go on blabbing about food

Ofc, if she can be useful I'll be thankful but...

As for Mikoto...after the development in NT6 I hoped she'd become more straight forward but NT7 proved us wrong
Really hope that if he's gonna bring her in...it will be for some useful character development and not just for the sake of it
Old 2013-08-09, 12:55   Link #410
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Hehe...well true, She was really useful in those 2 volumes...it's just that Kamachi has made her "role" be an annoying glutton lately ...To the extent that whenever I see her I can only think she's gonna be the Damsel in distress or just go on blabbing about food
Think of the civil war on England and the foreshawoing about her when Styil was running away during WWIII.
Old 2013-08-09, 13:13   Link #411
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I must admit, I was completely not expecting both Index and Misaka.
I am disappointed.
Old 2013-08-09, 13:41   Link #412
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I am disappointed.
Mere mortals like us are unable to perceive Kamachi and Haimura's way of thinking.
Old 2013-08-09, 14:00   Link #413
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I am disappointed.
We're still getting Birdy and Lessar, and who knows what surprises are in store for us, don't lose hope yet.

Hmm, maybe it will be a girls' talk kind of thing, would be nice to see two different flavors of tsun collide.

...wait. Didn't Mikoto see Birdy try to shoot Touma? You know, right before she took the gun? Is biribiri taking lessons in forgiveness from Touma?
Old 2013-08-09, 14:10   Link #414
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
We're still getting Birdy and Lessar, and who knows what surprises are in store for us, don't lose hope yet.
I think, you missed the point here...
Old 2013-08-09, 14:21   Link #415
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I think, you missed the point here...

Oh, did I read too deep into it? I thought Index and Mikoto were being seen as bad signs for the volume's quality given their recent records.
Old 2013-08-09, 14:32   Link #416
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Oh, did I read too deep into it? I thought Index and Mikoto were being seen as bad signs for the volume's quality given their recent records.
You're heading in a wrong direction. Sumeragi-hime was scolding Chaos, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2013-08-09, 14:44   Link #417
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
You're heading in a wrong direction. Sumeragi-hime was scolding Chaos, nothing more, nothing less.
I see, sorry about that. Reading intent online isn't always easy

I guess it really shouldn't be so weird to see Index in the cover. Some protagonism from her not awful side will certainly be welcome
Old 2013-08-09, 15:04   Link #418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hehe...well true, She was really useful in those 2 volumes...it's just that Kamachi has made her "role" be an annoying glutton lately ...To the extent that whenever I see her I can only think she's gonna be the Damsel in distress or just go on blabbing about food )
Isn't that your own fault for mentally blocking out all the times she was useful? Wilf easily pointed out several such situations and I myself can easily point out several more where both her food side and magic side exist next to each other.

For example, the recent "Road to Endymion" SS and even the movie itself.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:10   Link #419
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Isn't that your own fault for mentally blocking out all the times she was useful? Wilf easily pointed out several such situations and I myself can easily point out several more where both her food side and magic side exist next to each other.

For example, the recent "Road to Endymion" SS and even the movie itself.
I guess they need some flashy powers to notice?
Old 2013-08-09, 15:14   Link #420
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I guess they need some flashy powers to notice?
Which wouldn't explain Saten's popularity.

I do admit that her habit of gluttony would grate on people, but the same could be said about Mikoto and her tendency towards electric violence as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions