Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
The two lil cuties.
Yes and Saki is quite cute too.
Old 2014-06-14, 16:19   Link #404
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
OK, so Kujo got some much needed exposition. Now I can properly wish for him to get hit by a bus or something.
Ha ha, I can't quite say that I hate Kujo that much but I can understand you well.

I must say that it was quite a disappointment that after the overdue explanation about Kaori's situation there was substantially no change in Kujo's attitude and barely any reactions at all.

At first he simply didn't believe the story and I think I can understand that, of course I would find it hard to believe it myself, but then once he finally gives it the benefit of doubt and assumes that it's true the first and only thing that he has to say (instead of behind shocked about the fact that Kaori was hospitalized and that she is still traumatized for something that is likely closely related to him) is "but then you and Kaori aren't really friends". lol...

I can't really say that he did anything outright evil, and I don't quite hate him or anything, but he certainly doesn't come out as a sympathetic character to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
I hope they have a convo about that. They cant act like it didnt happen. That had an affect on them both. It took alot for her to do that and I figured she would insure she wont forget him after finding out what he has done for her. What she said can kinda sorta be taken bad but I think it came from her heart and she does/can actually care for him. She is a quirky girl and his is a quirky guy yet they can accept each other as they are.
I can understand Shogo there, he obviously cares a lot about Saki but she treats the idea of marrying someone way too lightly. He must have felt very pissed and happy at the same time.

Strangely enough I like Shogo and Saki a lot more than Kaori and Hase... this show should focus more on them

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 19:51   Link #405
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Suddenly, a swimsuit scan!

That was unexpected.
This is a really nice surprise. Kaori and Saki both look great and quite cute in their swimsuits .

After the end of the last episode I was expecting the worst, so it was a relief to see that Kaori was still able to maintain her friendship with Hase and Saki even if she's lost all the great development she gained for her relationships and memory loss over the summer. Poor Hase though, the guy's being put through a lot .

I can't say Hajime's endearing himself well to me, but at least I can acknowledge that he's not trying to be a jerk completely on purpose or to do too much harm. And I'm sure he feels he has a genuine reason for disliking Kaori and believing she betrayed him somehow. I also can't really fault him for not believing Kaori's memory loss, especially since he Shogo had doubts about it too when he learned about it. I can at least hope that by the end of the series he realizes the truth and explains what happened in the past, though considering how we might be heading into an anime original ending I'm not sure what to expect .

It does seem like the main instigator of Kaori's memory loss were the girls bullying her because they were jealous of her relationship with Hajime. I highly doubt that there was anything remotely romantic between the two, not only because Hajime didn't seem to treat it as such and that considering how things have gone with Hase I have a hard time seeing an even younger Kaori involved in any romance or at least intentionally .

Highlight of the episode was Saki getting Shogo to blush. Definitely hoping to see more of their relationship/romance develop by the end of the series and potentially some flashbacks to when they first met .
Old 2014-06-14, 21:03   Link #406
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I can understand Shogo there, he obviously cares a lot about Saki but she treats the idea of marrying someone way too lightly. He must have felt very pissed and happy at the same time.

Strangely enough I like Shogo and Saki a lot more than Kaori and Hase... this show should focus more on them
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hase and Kaori are sweet, but I just find Shogo and Saki more interesting as characters, and especially their interactions.

I feel sorry for poor Shogo, that girl just says whatever comes to her mind, and it looks like it punches him in both the gut and the heart.
Cloudedmind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 12:25   Link #407
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hase, you goddamn idiot. She's not an elementary schooler anymore. It's what you're doing NOW that will hurt her. Shit, I'm mad. Let's how based Shogo will resolve the situation.

Things aren't going too well between Shogo and Kaori either, but the problem is very minor. Saki just needs a light push from her friends.
Old 2014-06-15, 13:37   Link #408
Dop
Mmmm....

Hase's being stupid, yes, but then again he's a teenager and they can be stupid about this kind of thing.

While I'm expecting good backup from Shogo and Saki, I'm also expecting Kaori's mum to come back into play. She must know something's up, and I think a chat with Hase might resolve a few things.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:40   Link #409
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Maannn.... Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Hase is on the verge of making a big mistake, but we will see. Hafta admit that last sequence was stabbingly painful... poor Fujimiya.

Interesting to find out that it was not Hajime at all (who I now think better of) but rather a friend of Kaori's who was jealous of her and "sicked" a bunch of other peers on her - yes indeed, children can be super mean too.

It was the betrayal of a close friend that contributed to her current state, though, and Hase may unwittingly be putting himself near the same position.

It would be interesting if Naomi (the jealous friend who hurt Kaori) popped up, possibly even due to the intervention of Hajime, to apologize. Actually I would not be surprised if Hajime were involved in pointing out Hase's error, even to the point of punching him....
Old 2014-06-15, 16:08   Link #410
jzmagic
flargansbog

One more episode to to go

Friendzone ending for everyone!
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 16:39   Link #411
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Friendzone ending for everyone!
At this point, I wouldn't be upset if Hase got permanently friend-zoned by Kaori. Although a much stronger (and similar) word appeals to me more, since this is an open forum, I'll just say that he's being a complete blockhead. I would even find it very amusing if Hase's actions were the catalyst for Hajime and Kaori to reignite their friendship, leading to those two becoming a couple. Saki and Shogo would also become a couple, and Hase would be left by his little lonesome self. A fitting end to the series.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 16:42   Link #412
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
At this point, I wouldn't be upset if Hase got permanently friend-zoned by Kaori. Although a much stronger (and similar) word appeals to me more, since this is an open forum, I'll just say that he's being a complete blockhead. I would even find it very amusing if Hase's actions were the catalyst for Hajime and Kaori to reignite their friendship, leading to those two becoming a couple. Saki and Shogo would also become a couple, and Hase would be left by his little lonesome self. A fitting end to the series.
He's definitely being very, very, very stupid. There's being concerned and there's being completely oblivious. I was especially amused by how he suddenly pulled out the snark when dealing with Hajime - doing even that feint to make him turn. One single moment of wit in eleven episodes, and he wastes it with his rival rather than with the girl he has a crush on.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 16:50   Link #413
cleo

Hase needs a good punch from Shogo again. Keeping his distance out of fear of hurting Kaori is the worst thing he can do. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuujo ends up apologizing to Kaori for calling her a traitor. He's not such a bad guy as he looked. And Saki just needs some peptalk to confess to Shogo normally, instead of asking him to be her caretaker.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 17:18   Link #414
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
Hase needs a good punch from Shogo again. Keeping his distance out of fear of hurting Kaori is the worst thing he can do. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuujo ends up apologizing to Kaori for calling her a traitor. He's not such a bad guy as he looked. And Saki just needs some peptalk to confess to Shogo normally, instead of asking him to be her caretaker.
To be honest, he has better chemistry with Hajime than with anyone else. I say we can go with a yaoi ending - Hase and Hajime end up together, and on the other side, Saki-Kaori-Shogo form a threesome. After all, Saki likes both of them; Shogo probably likes Saki; and that last glance Kaori gave Shogo must mean something, right ?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 18:38   Link #415
Dextro
He Without a Title

Oh for crying out... What the... Bloody... Can I punch Hase in the face? Can I? The kid is seriously dumb! What the hell!?!

OK let me calm down for a bit

This is getting tricky and I have no idea how it'll get to the good end that we are bound to get (hopefully). But God do I want to whack Hase so badly right now!
Old 2014-06-15, 18:49   Link #416
mistress_kisara

No!!! Hase Why are you doing!?? Poor Fujimiya..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 19:10   Link #417
Somnus
Eh?

Ugh...Hase, what are you doing? Thanks goodness Shogo is around.

Though, I'm reeeaaalllllyyy curious about what Kaori put in that diary entry. Was it just a summary, or something more?

Also, kudos to this show as it seems like Kaori's not going to recover the memories of summer she lost. That's....unexpected, to be honest. And a little sad.

I may not agree with Hase's pushing her away now, but he's got determination in spades for starting from scratch again.
Old 2014-06-16, 01:01   Link #418
ices
Working Hard

translation for this week diary at oneweekfriends.com (source)

Episode 11 Diary with Fujimiya Voice (listen to it while you read the translation below)

Today, I had a chance to recall some things. About how I came to lose my memories of my friends. I couldn't remember anything else. But all I know is that it definitely happened. Because even now, it still makes me this sad. Because it feels painful. I'm scared, and cannot even lift my head up. I want to run away somewhere. I want to disappear from this place. Even now, these feelings haven't changed. But, now and then are different! Now I have friends. Hase-Kun, Saki-Chan, Ai-Chan, Maiko-Chan, Kiryu-kun. Maybe even Kujo-kun from now on...

Today, I'm going to make a note. That I was scared, that I was surprised, that Saki-Chan helped me, and the things that happened at the restaurant.

And this Monday, let's meet Hase-Kun and tell him

I'm okay. There's nothing to worry about!
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 02:19   Link #419
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
translation for this week diary at oneweekfriends.com (source)

Episode 11 Diary with Fujimiya Voice (listen to it while you read the translation below)

Today, I had a chance to recall some things. About how I came to lose my memories of my friends. I couldn't remember anything else. But all I know is that it definitely happened. Because even now, it still makes me this sad. Because it feels painful. I'm scared, and cannot even lift my head up. I want to run away somewhere. I want to disappear from this place. Even now, these feelings haven't changed. But, now and then are different! Now I have friends. Hase-Kun, Saki-Chan, Ai-Chan, Maiko-Chan, Kiryu-kun. Maybe even Kujo-kun from now on...

Today, I'm going to make a note. That I was scared, that I was surprised, that Saki-Chan helped me, and the things that happened at the restaurant.

And this Monday, let's meet Hase-Kun and tell him

I'm okay. There's nothing to worry about!
She's so damned pure! Now excuse me for I think something might have gotten into my eyes
Old 2014-06-16, 02:30   Link #420
Mubyoshi

Go go Shougo, go go Shougo! It's gonna be interesting to see how Shougo is gonna help handle this. Man, I have to say, that guy is a badass. Also, Saki and Shougo's relationship seems more interesting atm.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote