3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-07, 23:42   Link #4241
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
But it's C.C. if she is happy because of that, how long will it last? Won't she go back to giving out geass and feeling lonely again? I don't see it as a good ending for C.C. if Lelouch is dead.
First: I'm not sure if it's stated anywhere that C.C. ever felt 'lonely'. What C.C. felt was despair, and futility: because all her memories kept being sent to the World of C (i.e. she couldn't remember anything), she was just an 'accumulation of experience'. Basically, C.C. was stuck on the past, just like Charles and Marianne; she felt that if she couldn't remember anything anyway, then learning new things would be pointless, and she'd rather just die. However, Lelouch's whole thing was about looking to tomorrow, so if C.C. took that to heart, she'd be able to keep making memories.

From there it can follow that there's actually no reason that C.C. can't continue to give out Geass; by the end of the series, both Lelouch and C.C. no longer think of it as a curse. The difference is, though, that C.C. no longer has any personal reason to to give out Geass: since she can live on for tomorrow, then she doesn't need a victim to replace her. In that case, C.C. can actually genuinely help people with Geass instead of pushing them to use it so it'd get stronger (like she did by keeping the truth about Marianne from Lelouch); then with this guarantee that Geass is actually being used properly, there's less likelihood of people being cursed to loneliness.

Anyway, it does seem a little unlikely that C.C. would continue giving out Geass if there's nothing in it for herself, but at the very least, Lelouch's words about looking to tomorrow would let her continue living happily. C.C. doesn't need an immortal to keep her company; she can make friends with mortals just as easily (see Marianne, Kallen, Nunally as examples). If it was as simple as having another share the same fate with her then she should have been really close to V.V..
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:49   Link #4242
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Her character has changed/developed... she has regained her humanity.. she knows to live life not "experiences" (see episode 24).

Oh, ok never mind... I see now..

so you only want him alive for C.C sake? I guess it fine to think that way, but I think she can live and be happy without him knowing he accomplished what he wanted in the end.. because I think he did it for her too...
No of course I don't want him alive only for her. I think Zero Requiem looks stupid if he is dead. Who's to say the world won't go back to the way it was? So one bad person died, can't another one appear? Doesn't seem long lasting. I'd like to think Lelouch was smarter than this. And him being an immortal watching over the world, seems like a better end to me.

And there is still his promise to her. I'd like to think he came back to her and made her smile like he said he would
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:30   Link #4243
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
No of course I don't want him alive only for her. I think Zero Requiem looks stupid if he is dead. Who's to say the world won't go back to the way it was? So one bad person died, can't another one appear? Doesn't seem long lasting. I'd like to think Lelouch was smarter than this. And him being an immortal watching over the world, seems like a better end to me.

And there is still his promise to her. I'd like to think he came back to her and made her smile like he said he would
Well you might think that, but Lulu didn't, nor did Suzaku, or C.C herself..
IMO.. he already made her smile.. At the end..

But opinions differ, its ok I guess..
Old 2008-10-08, 00:46   Link #4244
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well you might think that, but Lulu didn't, nor did Suzaku, or C.C herself..
IMO.. he already made her smile.. At the end..

But opinions differ, its ok I guess..
If that's really "that", then he is really a coward, because he teased us in two episodes as if we were about to get a great scene between those two <_<

But I guess it would have killed the romance ambiguity. Same as an explanation about the band aid. Any french/slovak women (for what I know) would have guessed that they put the band aid on that finger on purpose (to put in on the ring finger of the left hand). The scene in 18 reminds me my mother when she looks at her wedding ring But they never explained the meaning. But I am sure there is a meaning. Maybe not a romantic one, but another meaning than just "this is a band aid".
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:53   Link #4245
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
If that's really "that", then he is really a coward, because he teased us in two episodes as if we were about to get a great scene between those two <_<

But I guess it would have killed the romance ambiguity. Same as an explanation about the band aid. Any french/slovak women (for what I know) would have guessed that they put the band aid on that finger on purpose (to put in on the ring finger of the left hand). The scene in 18 reminds me my mother when she looks at her wedding ring But they never explained the meaning. But I am sure there is a meaning. Maybe not a romantic one, but another meaning than just "this is a band aid".
Doesn't he do it all the time?
Well, I didn't say for sure.. its just what I think.. I just don't want to think Lulu forgot the promise.. so I am inclined to think he did make her smile.. at the end with the peaceful world her created for her.. (and everyone else too) IMO..

about the band aid thing? I have no clue why they did that..
it was in a magazine scan too somewhere who knows? LOL
Old 2008-10-08, 01:02   Link #4246
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Doesn't he do it all the time?

it was in a magazine scan too somewhere who knows? LOL
Well, at least he didn't do that only with kallen, but also with my c.c. >o<

???? Never heard about something from a magazine scan. Can you tell us what they said about the band aid; please?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:23   Link #4247
Charred Knight

Why the hell does someone expect shipping when its not important to the story.

I mean it wasn't like G Gundam where Rain, and Domon had this constant presence, and boyfriend, and girlfriend vibe. Lelouch, and C.C always came off as partners, close partners, but not lovers.

That's mainly because Lelouch isn't a lover, if Lelouch all of a sudden became Domon Kasshu or Mu La Flaga than that would ruin his character.

The same thing happened to the anime version of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:29   Link #4248
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

So so sad. Knew it was gonna happen, but still didn't stop the waterworks for me. First time in years I cried.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 04:39   Link #4249
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Yes, because clearly C.C can only be happy because she get's sex. It couldn't be because Lelouch caused her to regain her humanity.

No it can't be character development
It seems that one of your major points in several posts I've read from you is that "C.C. just wants sex" or "You just want Lelouch to have sex with C.C."

Hmmm...something's amiss
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 04:40   Link #4250
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Can someone explain how VV's code could've been passed to LL?

Tilt your head about 45 degrees to the left while looking at the screen. Then look at this

VV
Old 2008-10-08, 04:43   Link #4251
ThoHell

LOL...finally the topic has changed from Lulu still being alive to now his "lover". Here's my 2 cents: C.C. and Lulu go good together and do love each other, but they're not all about the sex or primal instinct. Oh, and that cart driver at the end had the same color hair and front hair length as Lulu....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:22   Link #4252
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
It seems that one of your major points in several posts I've read from you is that "C.C. just wants sex" or "You just want Lelouch to have sex with C.C."

Hmmm...something's amiss
I stated that C.C doesn't need Lelouch because she regained her humanity. She doesn't need to get the sheets rumpled to be happy. She can be happy without Lelouch
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 06:18   Link #4253
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Ok, so I just watched the episode again, and I noticed something I hadn't payed much attention to the first few times through: The one pushing Nunnally's wheelchair in the end is Suzaku, who is now Zero. So does anyone else think that Nunnally knows (or suspects) that Suzaku is Zero? It wouldn't surprise me, given her apparent psychometric abilities, lol.
Old 2008-10-08, 06:26   Link #4254
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Ok, so I just watched the episode again, and I noticed something I hadn't payed much attention to the first few times through: The one pushing Nunnally's wheelchair in the end is Suzaku, who is now Zero. So does anyone else think that Nunnally knows (or suspects) that Suzaku is Zero? It wouldn't surprise me, given her apparent psychometric abilities, lol.
Yep, she knows.
Old 2008-10-08, 06:28   Link #4255
Haguru

IMO i think Lelouch is still alive, becoz in the end i see CC is speaking with someone even though we saw her talking with herself...
is this man Lelouch???

Haguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 06:30   Link #4256
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I stated that C.C doesn't need Lelouch because she regained her humanity. She doesn't need to get the sheets rumpled to be happy. She can be happy without Lelouch
Well, this argument's quite flawed. What does C.C.'s humanity have to do with needing Lelouch? Also, don't include in your argument that she can be happy with or without Lelouch. Everyone "can", unless you are absolutely denied a possibility.
Old 2008-10-08, 08:32   Link #4257
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
the reason lelouch live now...

is live for C.C

lelouch promise with C.C

he want make C.C smile...

in the meaning C.C smile and have happy life with him...

look lelouch eyes in episode 24 before lelouch enter shinkirou...

his eyes...like understand something...

C.C feeling is fall in love with lelouch...

and the froof...lelouch very worry aboud C.C in episode 24

and lelouch did't hate C.C..

lelouch love her...

thats my comment...
Old 2008-10-08, 08:50   Link #4258
GeassIchigo

Probably been discussed extensively in this long thread but my 2 cents:

Lelouch: Either truly dead (lame) or Sayoko filled in for him and he IS the cart driver (that white thing is cloth from the hat, not the hair color of the person) OR Lelouch was actually stabbed by Suzaku and was an immortal between killing CharlesXMarianne and Zero Requiem. I love conspiracy theories so I want to say it was that Lelouch was immortal and he told no one to keep his plan going.

Nunnally knows that Zero is Suzaku and that this was all the plan of her brother. If Lelouch is alive, she might not actually know the truth, same for Suzaku.

I almost lost it at the end. While I am sad the series is done, and any attempt to explain things after C.C. on the cart will ruin it for me, it ended on a bang. I loved it. The emotion, the planning, the intricacies.... Lelouch floored me once again. Greatest anime character I have experienced in a while (aside from Light, who was way more pathetic personally).

I would have preferred Sunrise giving us a smirk from some "stranger" after C.C. says "Right, Lelouch?" instead of going to the origami bird. But, what can you do about it?

Code Geass: One of the greatest, most in-depth anime ever for me.
GeassIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 09:03   Link #4259
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think Lelouch would ask Sayoko to die for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 09:21   Link #4260
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeassIchigo View Post
Probably been discussed extensively in this long thread but my 2 cents:

Lelouch: Either truly dead (lame) or Sayoko filled in for him and he IS the cart driver (that white thing is cloth from the hat, not the hair color of the person) OR Lelouch was actually stabbed by Suzaku and was an immortal between killing CharlesXMarianne and Zero Requiem. I love conspiracy theories so I want to say it was that Lelouch was immortal and he told no one to keep his plan going.

Nunnally knows that Zero is Suzaku and that this was all the plan of her brother. If Lelouch is alive, she might not actually know the truth, same for Suzaku.

I almost lost it at the end. While I am sad the series is done, and any attempt to explain things after C.C. on the cart will ruin it for me, it ended on a bang. I loved it. The emotion, the planning, the intricacies.... Lelouch floored me once again. Greatest anime character I have experienced in a while (aside from Light, who was way more pathetic personally).

I would have preferred Sunrise giving us a smirk from some "stranger" after C.C. says "Right, Lelouch?" instead of going to the origami bird. But, what can you do about it?

Code Geass: One of the greatest, most in-depth anime ever for me.
Another satisfied viewer. Good on you, man. ^^

Like you, I couldn't believe it was over until the credits started to roll with smug indifference.

At first, I was like "Damn, what a ride." I was fine with that ambiguous closure...for a while. Until human nature kicked in. Until curiosity begged for closure.

Well, they say that the first step is denial. Denying either that Lelouch is alive, or Lelouch is dead. Maybe, you've already taken your pick. However, it seems that you're standing on the middle of this dilemma. You'll probably stay firm with your choice to accept the ambiguity of it all. But it's not that easy. A normal person will eventually and inevitably lean on either side.

But don't let the theories ruin what you've seen. Scrutinize them, filter out anything that seems incoherent, then jump in with your newfound conviction.

~

Anyway, on Sayoko being a Lulu body double? At best, this is unlikely. By implication, it would mean that Nunnally saw Lelouch's memories through Sayoko's flesh.

I'm not saying it's impossible, because they say nothing is impossible--just highly improbable.

Can't dismiss any chances for Sunrise to troll us again.