AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 14:24   Link #4261
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh you all know fine well the one to take down Ultear will be Juvia.
When she learns Ultear is the daughter of Gray's former teacher, Juvia's def gonna want to duke it out with her to lay claim on Gray
Old 2010-12-07, 16:33   Link #4262
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh you all know fine well the one to take down Ultear will be Juvia.
When she learns Ultear is the daughter of Gray's former teacher, Juvia's def gonna want to duke it out with her to lay claim on Gray
i am sure ReinaUrtear will win that fight.
Old 2010-12-07, 17:13   Link #4263
Nite-Wing

I'd like to think that Gray and Loki would have to team up to beat her but thats not likely at all imo.
Shes probably gonna go right after Erza
Old 2010-12-07, 17:18   Link #4264
seiftis
~defying fate

My memory's bad and I don't remember this... but does Gray actually know that Ultear is Ur's daughter? And if Erza know Ultear's behind the Jellal thing.
Old 2010-12-07, 19:10   Link #4265
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
My memory's bad and I don't remember this... but does Gray actually know that Ultear is Ur's daughter? And if Erza know Ultear's behind the Jellal thing.
Gray does not know that Urtear is Ur's daughter, as he's never met her, and Ur's daughter was supposed to be dead. We don't know for sure if he knows that Urtear had a daughter, but Leon easily found out, so it's likely that Gray knows. Even if he doesn't, Urtear probably resembles Ur enough for Gray to make a connection, especially when he finds out she's named "Urtear", or if he see her and blurts out "Ur?"

Erza does not know that Urtear was behind the Jellal thing. She just knows that Urtear was Jellal's accomplish. She still bought Jellal's "I was possessed by Zeref!" line as explanation for his behavior, and doesn't know that he was actually manipulated by Urtear. Though now that Erza's learned that Zeref is supposed to been alive for 400 years (meaning he never was a ghost to possess someone) that belief has likely been shaken.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 06:09   Link #4266
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if it is Gray Vs Urtear
to add some emotional punch? Yes for sure. 99% certain that Gray will get to fight Urtear.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 07:57   Link #4267
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Want me to make it 100%? Gray loved his teacher, while Urtear hates her for whatever reason, that shall be revealed in a tragic flashback or clash of morals. So, it has to be Gray
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:25   Link #4268
Clarste
Human

Personally I think the Gray-Ultear connection is exaggerated a bit much by the fandom. Let's think about this logically, shall we?

Gray was Ul's pupil. Her respected her a lot and still respects her teachings. However, she sacrificed herself to save him and became living ice or whatever. Gray chooses to respect her sacrifice by moving on with his life. He appreciates Ul, but shows that appreciation by not dwelling on it and instead making the best of the life she saved. The entire theme of the Deliora arc was to move on with your life instead of getting stuck in the past.

Gray does not know or care about Ul's daughter. He's heard that she had a daughter at some point from Lyon, but that's all he knows. While he'd certainly be upset to hear Ultear badmouth her mother or whatever, it's not personal to him in any sense. It's just the estranged daughter of someone he respects who is now dead. While I could see him getting some shock or drama from Ultear revealing some horrible thing Ul did in the past or something, other than that he seriously has no reason to care about Ultear.

Erza, however, had her life ruined by Ultear, even if she doesn't know it yet. Jellal was her best friend or more as a kid, and right when they were about to finally become free he was brainwashed by Ultear. So she ended up being kicked out of the tower, all her friends were forced to do something evil, and most importantly Jellal was removed from her life and corrupted. She cares about Jellal, as we've seen again and again whenever the opportunity could possibly come up. Just hearing Jellal's name is enough to get her to freeze up.

Erza doesn't yet know that Ultear is actually behind every bad thing in her life, ever, but it would be ridiculously easy to find out. Ultear is exactly the kind of person who would taunt Erza with this information (while at the same time being exactly the kind of person who would never mention her mother, ever, including in front of Gray). This is instant drama, just add water. The fact that they're both second-in-command powerful women just makes the encounter more appropriate.

This post isn't a prediction; Mashima almost always surprises me. However, its a summary of the current state of things. Ultear encountering Gray would mean practically nothing unless some extra story was added, and even then Gray is the kind of guy who would fight while yelling "her past doesn't matter to me!" Seriously, the entirety of his character development revolves around him not dwelling on his past. He doesn't care, so neither should we. On the other hand, Ultear and Erza are like fire and water, put them together and steam happens. It just does. No work necessary.

Mashima can do whatever he wants, and it's not like it's wrong to put Gray into a situation like that, but I just can't see much value in it right now. You'd need a third factor to get the characters involved to care about each other, most likely Ul's past, but that's still a third factor.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:51   Link #4269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Erza, however, had her life ruined by Ultear, even if she doesn't know it yet.
I'd say this is also an exaggeration...Erza's life started as a slave, and she went on to become an FT mage. All Urtear changed was whether or not Gerard and company followed. Out of all the tower kids, only Erza had some form of magic, so she'd end up in FT anyway. As for Gerard, if GH had their eyes on him, he wouldn't have escaped his fate no matter the enemy...that, and we still don't know his true nature (even after having a memory swipe, there's doubts about how good he actually is, although it may be trolling on Mashima's behalf).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 14:34   Link #4270
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I think Ultear will face Gray (because Ul was her mother and Gray's teacher).
And it can be an interesting fight (with some flashback).
Old 2010-12-08, 16:16   Link #4271
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

The one real important question regard Urtear is did she inherited Ul habit of taking off her clothes?
Old 2010-12-08, 19:56   Link #4272
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
The one real important question regard Urtear is did she inherited Ul habit of taking off her clothes?
That was a question I asked myself the very moment I found out she was Ul's daughter

And well this would be a good a time as any to find out

Well reason I think we'll at least see Gray and Ultear fight at some point during this arc even if it's not exactly a big or conclusive one.
The fact we were shown Ultear's anger at being caled Ul might be considered foreshadowing?1
Old 2010-12-08, 20:04   Link #4273
tarachi
Observer

This feels like Rave where they got beat first badly but the Magic dude (forgot the name) saved them forcing the enemy to retreat.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 14:45   Link #4274
Kak Worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
This feels like Rave where they got beat first badly but the Magic dude (forgot the name) saved them forcing the enemy to retreat.
It can happen. The most likely course would have the current Fairy Tail members on the island losing badly. Then Gildartz, Fried and Bixlow turn back and arrive in the nick of time to save their skins and assist in a hasty retreat. Oh, and Fried finally shows off his secondary eye power. =p
Kak Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 14:48   Link #4275
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kak Worm View Post
It can happen. The most likely course would have the current Fairy Tail members on the island losing badly. Then Gildartz, Fried and Bixlow turn back and arrive in the nick of time to save their skins and assist in a hasty retreat. Oh, and Fried finally shows off his secondary eye power. =p
or the dragons finally show up
Old 2010-12-11, 01:15   Link #4276
blewin

Quote:
or the dragons finally show up
or, we'll see some hidden abilities of the Dragonslayers?? (one could always hope)

and one thing more, maybe we'll see Zeref saving FT because he seems to have an attachment to Natsu (this seems to be a connection that even the dark guild knows nothing of)?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 01:39   Link #4277
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Zeref: Natsu, I am your father
Old 2010-12-11, 11:18   Link #4278
amjzz

I just read in a manga site that this week there was no FT chapter...is that true?.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 13:04   Link #4279
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
I just read in a manga site that this week there was no FT chapter...is that true?.
That is true. It runs in Shounen Magazine, which is having a break this week. The next issue of is 12/22, which translates to scans of the next chapter of Fairy Tail not showing up until the 17th or 18th at the earliest.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 18:19   Link #4280
Bern-san

a shame because it was getting interesting...
now just wait until the release

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen