Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 23:52   Link #4321
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I liked the first episode of Matsutaro, but i wonder what the hell Toei is thinking...it seems this series has pretty much nothing that would be appealing to kids. It looks absolutely old school, it's slow paced and there's no room for merchandising. Maybe they expect 'parents and kids will watch together" like they went for with Omega, but i think it should be in a different timeslot.

Anyway, one aspect linking it to Omega is that Noboru Koizumi is the chief animation director and character designer. Koizumi made some of the best episodes in Omega, including the Seiya vs Titan one where the Sagittarius cloth looked stunning. His style of angular faces is very recognizable.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Is it even possible to ruin the "story" of Saint Seiya?
And they're not 'ruining" anything, Disk Wars actually looks fun and well made, especially compared to the horrible Marvel animations Disney has been putting out lately.

I hope you right but my friends they hate toei what they did do in Disk Wars: Avengers my friends said this is wanna be digimon frontier copy story dont had own original story plus they said to me.

One weird thing, doesn't that girl Jessica look too much like Jessica from Dragon quest?
One thing I want to see... DEADPOOL
1.Pokemon
2.Digimon
3.Marvel disk wars!?!

and others said

The animation is so bad I'm crying, just how cheap was the budget? This was a good opportunity yet they've just degraded our heroes, Tony's mustache looks like it's been drawn on with markers.

and other forums said

Good lord, this is awful!
Multiple Destroyers?
The Avengers incapacitated due to a hostage situation?
Thor bowing down for any reason?
Captain America giving a hammy speech including 'love'?

They name their attacks now? (This really is Digimon meets Marvel
I doubt the kids watching this would truly enjoy this... if you are a parent and you let your kids watch this crap, even if it's to make sure they are silent for 20 minutes, this isn't doing them or yourself a favor.
Why am I reminded of Transformers Energon btw, this has the same crappy plot quality?

Even They said That they still watch it. me i like this Anime doest matter what others said to me i like this Disk Wars: Avengers
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 02:03   Link #4322
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Omega Gods enemy

Old 2014-04-11, 07:02   Link #4323
Ozuma

@Nishi

Definitely prefer the gods in Omega to the ones in the classic. ^^
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 08:42   Link #4324
Galaxian

I still don't count Ludwig as a god...

Saturn was a pretty much a remake of the Overture movie but done right this time.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 10:19   Link #4325
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
@Nishi

Definitely prefer the gods in Omega to the ones in the classic. ^^
Yes Gods in Omega was Badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I still don't count Ludwig as a god...

Saturn was a pretty much a remake of the Overture movie but done right this time.
spoiler said why Ludwig become gods he been possess by mars planet become god this only happen he get insane and mad he want destroy the earth because he lose his wife. Ludwig wanted to revenge of those bad people yup mars was true human but he had power of god mars he been possess by mars from episode 45.

Galaxian did you watch Lost canvas alone not being full control by hades soul.
this same happen to Ludwig he been possess by mars but not being control by mars. Ludwig had own free will use power of god by him seft.

yes Ludwig was human but he just borrowed God of war mars power but even Ludwig was human he still had power of god mars he host of mars that mean he god to.

Last edited by nishikinomaki; 2014-04-11 at 13:10.
Old 2014-04-11, 12:19   Link #4326
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
I hope you right but my friends they hate toei what they did do in Disk Wars: Avengers my friends said this is wanna be digimon frontier copy story dont had own original story plus they said to me.
I guess they're either rabid comic book fanboys or people that can foresee the future.

Either way, compared to the horrible Ultimate Spider-man and the mediocre Avengers Assemble, not to mention the Madhouse series, this doesn't seem bad at all.
And the last good animation Marvel had was before Disney took over (like EMH and Spectacular Spider), so at this point fans of the franchise should be used to crap.

Quote:
The animation is so bad I'm crying, just how cheap was the budget? )
This one probably doesn't know that art =/= animation. Maybe he doesn't like the art style, but the animation in the first two episodes was pretty soild, great in the action scenes even. The budget seems clearly higher than Toei usually has.

Anyway, i find it funny how some western fans can be defensive about Japan adapting their heroes. So they must know how Sentai fans feel about Power Rangers and such.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 14:27   Link #4327
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
spoiler said why Ludwig become gods he been possess by mars planet become god this only happen he get insane and mad he want destroy the earth because he lose his wife. Ludwig wanted to revenge of those bad people yup mars was true human but he had power of god mars he been possess by mars from episode 45.

Galaxian did you watch Lost canvas alone not being full control by hades soul.
this same happen to Ludwig he been possess by mars but not being control by mars. Ludwig had own free will use power of god by him seft.

yes Ludwig was human but he just borrowed God of war mars power but even Ludwig was human he still had power of god mars he host of mars that mean he god to.
Except that season 2 treats Ludwig as if he were a god himself, not the vessel for Mars the Roman god of war, because they say that Eden is a demi-god.

In season 1, Mars/Ludwig called himself a god of war once, but his 4 Kings were also given the exact same title.
Old 2014-04-11, 17:49   Link #4328
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Compared to who?
Old 2014-04-11, 18:08   Link #4329
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Compared to who?
Goddess wants to destroy humanity and has an "evil" version of Seiya as her final line of defense. Once she and Bizarro!Seiya are convinced to give up on their plans, a more powerful god steps in claiming that humanity has become to dangerous and he's going to destroy them.
Old 2014-04-11, 20:25   Link #4330
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Goddess wants to destroy humanity and has an "evil" version of Seiya as her final line of defense. Once she and Bizarro!Seiya are convinced to give up on their plans, a more powerful god steps in claiming that humanity has become to dangerous and he's going to destroy them.
You are right. It even had the same climax with Pegasus impressing a God.
Old 2014-04-11, 22:56   Link #4331
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Except that season 2 treats Ludwig as if he were a god himself, not the vessel for Mars the Roman god of war, because they say that Eden is a demi-god.

In season 1, Mars/Ludwig called himself a god of war once, but his 4 Kings were also given the exact same title.
Galaxian are you saying That Ludwig is reincarnation Of Mars if that true that mean toei make mistake flot hole again
Old 2014-04-11, 23:33   Link #4332
Birdway
Banned

More like a vessel lkke Julian was.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 09:23   Link #4333
Galaxian

To me, he's neither. He's just some a$$whole who snapped and decided to call himself Mars.

If anything, the only "god" part about him was that he was a vessel for Abzu, just like Kouga was.
Old 2014-04-13, 19:07   Link #4334
Miraluka
Banned

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 19:16   Link #4335
Galaxian

I agree with most nationalities, except for Schiller's and Tokisada's.
Old 2014-04-14, 05:50   Link #4336
Tetsu Aero

Tokisada was obviously japanese <_<
Though the blonde hair confuses things.
European and japanese decent most likely.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 06:11   Link #4337
Birdway
Banned

Shura is from Spain yet his name is nothing spanish-like, Hyoga is half russian yet her mother grave him a japanese name, Shaka is blonde despite being hinduist...
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 06:24   Link #4338
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Shaka is blonde despite being hinduist...
First, Shaka is Buddhist, not Hindu.

Second, Hindu & blonde aren't mutually exclusive . I know some European-Indonesian who are blonde and embrace Hinduism. They live in Bali now.
Old 2014-04-14, 11:50   Link #4339
Galaxian

Quote:
Hyoga is half russian yet her mother grave him a japanese name
Hyoga's father is Japanese.
Old 2014-04-14, 13:45   Link #4340
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Shura is from Spain yet his name is nothing spanish-like, Hyoga is half russian yet her mother grave him a japanese name, Shaka is blonde despite being hinduist...

I assume you haven't been to Spain then? There's plenty of hinduists there
Hyoga's father is as said, japanese.
Shaka could obviously be a decendant of the british colonists, but who knows.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen