AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-08-24, 04:09   Link #45401
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- ...and in becoming female, FINALLY realizes that he wants the girls for himself (but can't turn back into a guy)
That's why he she wanted to kill Ichika.

It's the "If I can't have them, either can you!" thing.

Quote:
...write it, dang you. WRITE IT!
But I am lazy~!

Edit: But I will try anyway.

Their IS name is their codename as Magical girls. Because there are " bad magical girls out stealing soulgems" (aka Phantom Task.)
Old 2013-08-24, 04:41   Link #45402
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

But what would be the ending?

Also, what role could Maya and Chifuyu have? Tabane could be Kyubbei (but does that made Houki a half-alien?)

And frankly, if you gone to the "gender-bender, yandere" route, better prepare for some MAJOR acrobatic! Maybe Madoka sacrified herself so that Ichika wouldn't have to.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 05:08   Link #45403
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
But what would be the ending?

Also, what role could Maya and Chifuyu have? Tabane could be Kyubbei (but does that made Houki a half-alien?)

And frankly, if you gone to the "gender-bender, yandere" route, better prepare for some MAJOR acrobatic! Maybe Madoka sacrified herself so that Ichika wouldn't have to.
Well.... come to think of it, it don't really have to be a cross-over, just Madoka inspired version of IS.

Maya and Chifuyu are veteran Magical girl.....except they manage to survive long enough to actually grow up.

But magical girl's costume is very embarrassing which is why Chifuyu avoid transform while Maya transform once in a while.
Old 2013-08-24, 05:26   Link #45404
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, could Ichika's action to help the girls is a way to clean their soulgem?

And maybe you should consider to add some elements from Nanoha.
Old 2013-08-24, 06:53   Link #45405
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Also, could Ichika's action to help the girls is a way to clean their soulgem?

And maybe you should consider to add some elements from Nanoha.
Depending on how dark you want it to be. (Not a good question to ask me now because I am still in darkness twitchy mode)

Edit: Element from Nanoha?

Their costume has a few machine part on rather than full magic girl's filly dress.

=

Also, I will try but probably have to wait till next week, my schedule is quite pack at the moment.
Old 2013-08-24, 12:00   Link #45406
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm I now think that one of the greatest problems I've had with IS and Ichika is... Lack of direction >.>
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 17:23   Link #45407
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Hmmmm, an I.S fanfiction thread?

Yes, this will do. This will do nicely.

Right, AMT here. Some of you might know me the Muv-Luv portion on the boards, and the fanfic work I usually do on that series.

Now, I'm not planning to write any full-fledged I.S fanfic anytime soon, since my creative schedule is busy (so to speak), but I did have an I.S fic idea that has floated in my mind on and off. I have been kinda working on it (as in conceptual work, rather than actually writing it), and I've been wondering what I.S people around here would think of it.

Basically, it's an Armored CorexInfinite Stratos fusion, since I.S reminds me basically of AC in harem format. But unlike regular I.S, this is...rather grimdark. Think Armored Core 4 or V level of screwed up. The love hijinks would be there, yeah...but the world be far more ****** than in I.S. No happy "Tabane fixes everything". I'm thinking an age of technological terror like people have never seen before. Societal collapse. Fusion of business, war and state. Ecosystem ruination. Resource depletion. Rampant use of destructive technology, like Grey Goo bombs. Yeah.

Anyway, here's the premise: when Tabane decides to "market" her I.S technology through the White Knight Incident, she's not nearly as crafty as she thinks. The intelligence agencies of the world put their shite together, and track the missile launch to her; which logically they should have done in the first place.

As result, the blocks planning to sign the Alaska Treaty pull out of negotiations; Americans, Russians, Chinese and Europeans decided that worth of new technology aside, Shinonono Tabane is a threat to world interest's, period. Because everyone capable of launching over 1000 cruise missiles from around the world would be.

The story gets leaked to press, and Russians, Americans and Chinese invade Japan in force on a U.N mandate, deciding that no power can get Tabane - and because of that, she has to die. International manhunt ensues, with Tabane's lab blown up, White Knight apparently destroyed and Tabane herself apparently dead - although rumors persist that she's alive. World cleans up the mess, and the scraps of Tabane's technology are being fought over; with most countries opting to fund private institutions to study/develop them.

In couple of years, this leads to multiple breakthroughs - new, ultralight, ultrahard materials. Railguns. Shields. "Cores" are not replicated, but most institutions still succeed in creating inferior knock-offs that are still decades ahead of what the world has. Meanwhile, the work on Infinite Stratos is transmuted into "Infinite Cores", a type of Infinite Stratos/AC mech fusion. Various companies begin to integrate them into their security forces, and before long, all this advanced tech is being used in bushfire wars, as each power block is trying to preserve the balance of power. As the companies are source of all this tech, they become increasingly powerful, while the countries begin to buckle under all sorts of issues, as said bushfire wars go out of control, or external conflicts fail to distract the populous; Middle-East is rendered almost uninhabitable as Americans, Chinese and Europeans unleash nanite weapons to deal with Islamists permanently, while Saudi Arabia and Iran wage ruthless, increasingly desperate, proxy wars due to old conflicts, and their oil economies going out of style. In South-East Asia, military companies backed by China carve a bloody swathe through various border countries, securing the interest of economy-political clique. In Europe, mercenary and terror attacks by disfranchised social groups cause near-collapse of government authority. America takes turn for worse as its population increasingly opposes its authoritarian government, only for various "security companies" to increasingly displace its own military, casing friction. In China, government realises that it's loosing power to a nebulously defined oligarchic clique, leading to bloody purges. Russia is in virtual civil war, as it's own research institutes sell their toys out to highest bidder, with everyone now wanting their own piece of country.

To stop (or at least limit) all of these atrocities, companies that research "Tabane's Legacy" go on to begin an age of corporate takeover. They pour money and resources into nations, effectively taking them over, and using their manpower, military prowess and futuristic tech, to halt or reverse societal collapse, creating "enclaves" of peace across decaying Earth. Meanwhile, mercenaries return to being in-vouge, as new tech gives previously small battalions enough firepower to level a small island. Among most prominent are Infinite Core pilots, who are considered as reliable, effective and highly deniable.

As result, companies allow a sort of organized mercenary activity to exist; in return mercenaries swear allegiance of no-one but the highest bidder. Companies also set-up zones of influence around the world, but also permit the existence of "unrecognized territories" which are subject of constant warfare, and which act as buffers between each company.

Meanwhile, the popularity of ICs leads to a rise in demand for IC pilots. Several schools and institutes are thus set-up to educate up-and-coming IC pilots, in order to fullfill demand. Like in AC series, this IC combat eventually takes somewhat celebrity-like aspect, with top IC pilots earning millions, and frequently participating in blood sports and the like. Enter Ichika, who's trying to make a career for himself in order to take care of his family, with Chifuyu being a former top IC ace that now retired. He's also searching for his childhood friend, Houki, who embittered by the Pandora's box that her sister opened, has disappared, and is looking for her "Answers". Meanwhile, two terrorist organizations, the Phantom Task and the Gospel seek to undermine the new world order for their own ends, and seek to rally mercs to their cause.

TL;DR version: Tabane's action cause a storm of Grimdark proportions, and the little cast of IS are now full-fledged mercenaries, fighting to earn their pay.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 20:47   Link #45408
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Alastor: Once again you amaze me... Like always!

I am pretty sure that many members had came up with that idea one time or another, but haven't seen anything that took this far. That idea might take a team to write, consider the giant amount of setting, detail an character (which is half or more
composite of OCs).

This kind of remind me about "Ghost in the Shell". Although that, there is still the question of How the heck Human haven't extintion?
Old 2013-08-24, 21:07   Link #45409
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"You... you saw! You saw my secret!"

"O-O-O-Ore-sama!?!?!? What happened to atashi-nyan?"

Another weird idea... and I hope this gets ignored like every other weird idea I've had.

Ichika has a run in with one of the students in ISA. This mishape leads him into being conscripted in to the Third Response Assault Protocol club. A club that volunteers itself as ISA's third line of defense after the security force and the combined forces of seniors and faculty. There, Ichika finds that he's in very grave danger. In more than one way at that. The greatest secret of ISA that no one but him knows will be brought to light!

I'm sure someone's thought of this before though
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 04:22   Link #45410
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

The latest chapter in a rebooted manga is different. Cecilia is out of control there but Ichika beat her in a sense that makes her wake up.

I might as well not changing that part since I liked this better.

Oh well time going back to study, since 4-day class suspension because of 'that', the test was rescheduled
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:04   Link #45411
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Now that I have a little more free time.....

Innocence Soul

Demonic horde known as Mego suddenly appear all over the world and attacking people. The only hope lies in a group of girls because Tabane has nothing better to do is a very heroic person and recruit young girls to create a lesbian army force capable of fighting against the Demons.

Mego is fuel by despair, captured humans will have their mind broken (via mind rape)....unlucky few will be turned into Mego's slave (because their will are strong and therefore needed to be subjected to multiple mind-rape until they give into despair).

Instead of having Soul Gem turn black....

Magical girl in this universe seldom stay sane for long. Every magical girl are technically a live bait that draw Mego's attention like moth to fire and allowing innocents to get away so long as they are around.

In the long run, it is only a matter of time before they are either defeated (run out of Mana) and captured by Mego (forgone mind raped conclusion) or their soul core get broken, turning their body into an empty vessel....which can be possessed by Mego....which in turn is very disturbing.

(Chifuyu and Maya survived into adulthood with sanity intact because they are badass)

Tabane:
A mad scientist who somehow manage to combine science with magic. In order to combat a demonic threat, she can create Transformation Trinket called Soul Core by extract soul from females.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Chifuyu and Maya:
Veteran magical girls (women by now). They can still transform but it is very embarrassing so they seldom do so.

Reason:
> "Because their magic armor doesn't change size and couldn't fit their body now."

> "transformation scene and everything it entails" due to being old version and we all know how old-school magical girl transformation is like.

Ichika:
Unlucky guy who get recruited (read: forced) by Tabane to become an ally of justice (a literal magical girl). His gender is also changed during the transformation because only "females can use magic" (Tabane's logic).

His/her weapon is 4th Dimension Sword Yukihira, allowing himher to cut through the monsters' magical defense. The downside is..... The sword is a pervert. When the sword is out of the sheath, it strip sacrifice Ichika(Female)'s magical Armor to the rune which fuels its power of "to cut 4th dimension".

Houki:
More powerful than other magical girl (guess why?). Due to sharing same blood as Tabane, she has infinite Mana which she can used to recharge other magical girl's Mana. Due to being a game-breaker, probably last to join the gang?

Cecilia:
A British magical girl with the ability to hitting enemies at any direction by distorting space. Transferred into Ichika's school, in preparation of super-uber-happy-fun-teaparty/Halloween/Walpurgis Night.

Rin
Transferred from other school. Her magic armor can be detached and transform into a dragon.

Charlotte:
Probably the weakest of the magical girl being restricted to real weapons but.... let's not forget Homura and what she can do with lots of guns, mines,bombs, grenades. Her ability is time-stopping (lacking time travel though). Transferred for the same reason as Cecilia

Laura:
Part of an organized and Militarized Magical girl division in Germany. Being requested to help out in the "Party"

The "party" is actually the result of the seal of a Gate being weaken due to a solar eclipse allowing a flood of Mego rushing in.
Old 2013-08-26, 21:21   Link #45412
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Now all we need is a badass group name!
Old 2013-08-26, 23:06   Link #45413
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Now that I have a little more free time.....

Spoiler for Space Saver:
Elements of KoreZom not withstanding (and a bit of Kampfer for Ichika's case)... , a few tweaks and we can call it a party.

Obvious thing would be for Ichika: His power is apparently like strip poker - once the clothes are gone, no more power. So he'll have to gauge when to strike his enemy...or tame the sword so that it will stop tearing off all 'her' clothes in one go. Chifuyu can help him there by increasing his power so that when the sword uses it, less and less clothing is sacrificed for the power to 'cut'.

Wouldn't the Chifuyu and Maya be able to perform a 'partial summoning' or at least be able to use their magical instruments alone without the use of the rest of their Magic Girl Gear?

As for Charlotte... Does she stop time for everyone but herself within a certain space? If so...she can stop time, fire a pistol quickly six times and when time kicks back in, those six shots tear through like a burst from an automatic... maybe?
Old 2013-08-27, 00:13   Link #45414
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Or maybe Charlotte could moved so fast that time itself seemed to slow down?

Oh, and maybe Ichika's second shift could tear down every girl's clothes in one mile radius?
Old 2013-08-27, 03:15   Link #45415
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Just a heads up: if anybody wants to take over the 'IS-kun' thing on FF.net then just say so and I'll delete the one I put up. I doubt I'll have time to update it.
What a waste, it was pure gold

Quote:
how `bout "Ichika`s angels"?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:53   Link #45416
DarkJak2050

I don't think "Angels" fits with them...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 05:39   Link #45417
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23
how `bout "Ichika`s angels"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050
I don't think "Angels" fits with them...
Oh. I...just had a horrible thought:

"Seitokai No Ichika"...

...yes, kill me now.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 07:18   Link #45418
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Broken Valkyries? Sheep in Wolf's Fur? Second Rainbow? IHPB - Immortality of Humanity Preservation Battalion (Or Ichika's Harem Perversed Bath - blame Tabane for this)?
Old 2013-08-27, 07:18   Link #45419
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Obvious thing would be for Ichika: His power is apparently like strip poker - once the clothes are gone, no more power. So he'll have to gauge when to strike his enemy...or tame the sword so that it will stop tearing off all 'her' clothes in one go. Chifuyu can help him there by increasing his power so that when the sword uses it, less and less clothing is sacrificed for the power to 'cut'.
Well, actually I am thinking along the line of less Clothes, more power. I guess that(my version) is a little cliche.

Quote:
Wouldn't the Chifuyu and Maya be able to perform a 'partial summoning' or at least be able to use their magical instruments alone without the use of the rest of their Magic Girl Gear?
Yes, they can do that and bypass the strip-tease "transformation scene" but their defense will be paper-thin (read the latest chapter about Chifuyu's badass-ness).

Their offensive power would also goes down too without the gear providing extra passive buff so if they wanted to fight seriously, they must summon their full magic gear.

But since this is Chifuyu we are talking about, she don't need full gear to kick demon's ass.

Quote:
As for Charlotte... Does she stop time for everyone but herself within a certain space? If so...she can stop time, fire a pistol quickly six times and when time kicks back in, those six shots tear through like a burst from an automatic... maybe?
Something like that (haven't think it through yet).

Extra: Ichika's magical girl form is grown-up version of the girl-in-white.

Edit: Just in case nobody notice the horror factor: Combine this universe with Madoka.
Old 2013-08-27, 16:25   Link #45420
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...that's evil.... combining anythign with the Madoka-verse is just... dark.

But it's good to have a wall to bounce off of. That's why we are here. :3

Having I.S.-kun as Kyuubei/Kyubey/whatever is equally terrifying. XD The little mobile avatar of Trollbane.

So Chifuyu and Maya are walking plot Deus that should not be/will not be invoked (often). Despite their strength, they should not be able to take on whatever the big bad is at the very end - one-shotting the first disc boss though would be completely within their range. Bonus points if some of the older foes recognize them/heard the stories about them.

About Yukihara: sentient perverted sword? This should get interesting... Alas, not as cool as the Red Welsh Dragon... It's like he got Issei as a partner instead of Draig...

Houki: She'd want to become a 'Magic Girl' but can't - rather, the powers that be absolutely refuse to make her one (for now).
"So, you'd turn a complete *guy* into a Magic girl before you'd turn a perfectly willing *girl* into a Magic Girl!?"

"She is different - I have no use for her (lie)."

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest