Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-16, 16:29   Link #441
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Realistically, what routes are left open at this point? There's HF, anime-original, or a complete redo of one of the other routes, which I can't see as being popular.

I'm really hoping its anime original, and it includes both Shirou getting UBW and Dark Saber because how awesome would that fight be.

And this time maybe we can actually let him save her.

While we're at it, Shirou saves Sakura, Rin (if she needed it), Illya, and Rider(which is inherent in saving Sakura) and then they live happily ever after because I hate sadness.

Sorry, fanfic instincts got carried away there.
Sorry, not enough suffering there.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 18:47   Link #442
Brother Coa
Banned

I agree, not grimdark enough.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 23:36   Link #443
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Sorry, not enough suffering there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I agree, not grimdark enough.
In that case, Gil is stabbed to death by Saber and Shiro, Caster gets eaten alive by a lion, Lancer gets the full Rasputian treatment, something happens to Berserker (I'd add something terrible here but I don't think he can feel pain), Shinji is beheaded by Dark Saber, Kirei explodes for no reason (Deus ex Machina), and a lot of random people get killed in the Saber/Shirou fight, leading to much angst later.

Oh, and someone kicks a puppy.
Old 2014-04-16, 23:52   Link #444
Frontier

So long as it's Saber lion that eats Caster, I'm okay with that ending .

Also if she also gets a long and drawn out romantic scene with Souichirou as she's being eaten .
Old 2014-04-16, 23:55   Link #445
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So long as it's Saber lion that eats Caster, I'm okay with that ending .

So long as she also gets a long and drawn out romantic scene with Souichirou as she's being eaten .
Since this has basically become the Gag route, lets have Souichiro be the lion.
Old 2014-04-17, 06:40   Link #446
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Realistically, what routes are left open at this point? There's HF, anime-original, or a complete redo of one of the other routes, which I can't see as being popular.
I think any of Fate, UBW, HF or an anime original is still possible, but most likely it will be one of the game routes with added material to cover the other characters.

Quote:
While we're at it, Shirou saves Sakura, Rin (if she needed it), Illya, and Rider(which is inherent in saving Sakura) and then they live happily ever after because I hate sadness.
In so far as Rin needs "saving", I think saving Sakura and reconciling the two pretty much solves that.
Old 2014-04-20, 20:04   Link #447
EvI

hm... it would be great a route where they could make F/HA after... not that i think that F/HA makes any sense haha
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 20:16   Link #448
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

If is for making sense there is a lot that doesn't.

So far we have just wonder what this might be to the point that we even get to great lengths of why some characters are better than others or why this route plays nicer, but I still wonder if that wouldn't be a reason to make a new route. There is just so much you can take from the VN, especially when character dialogue can get a bit out of hand even in the middle of a battle and the text descriptions are not going to work in a media with actual movement.
Old 2014-04-20, 22:31   Link #449
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
hm... it would be great a route where they could make F/HA after... not that i think that F/HA makes any sense haha
Wasn't that all just a dream or something?
Old 2014-04-21, 05:21   Link #450
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
If is for making sense there is a lot that doesn't.

So far we have just wonder what this might be to the point that we even get to great lengths of why some characters are better than others or why this route plays nicer, but I still wonder if that wouldn't be a reason to make a new route. There is just so much you can take from the VN, especially when character dialogue can get a bit out of hand even in the middle of a battle and the text descriptions are not going to work in a media with actual movement.
I agree, F/SN cannot be done in a way that will do justice to everyone because routes are simply that much different and they cannot focus on everyone equally ( why Sakura fans hate 2006 anime so much? Because of DEEN 'solution' to her problem, but to be fair to DEEN her situation is so complicated and her route so different that they had to do it like that. Aldo they could execute that better like they did in manga version, but that is in the past now ).
So it is my opinion that they will try sort-of new route with situations from all 3 routes ( to resolve everyone's issues equally ) because that is the only way to satisfy everyone without making 2 or different anime. But at least they asked Nasu for advice how to do it now so I am pretty much certain that it will go well. But I doubt that everyone will like it, just like not everyone liked 2006 version.

For myself: I just want to see Avalon scene from extended ending in the end and I will be at peace when it comes to F/SN.
Old 2014-04-21, 09:50   Link #451
maximilianjenus
[E]

they can always do omnibus /reset, which is almost the equivalent of doing many season anyway (see higurashi or yosuga no sora).
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:30   Link #452
Brother Coa
Banned

I doubt they will do it like that, but I agree that would be the best solution.
Old 2014-04-21, 12:59   Link #453
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes, but I would prefer a single season with its focus set right and the characters put to good use. But then again I have never been a fan of the VN because of its several routes, not that they are bad is just that shows some characters are there to fill up the page and that is the worse you can do to a character. But we have been there already. Several seasons would be “ideal” since the routes are so different in certain ways but it will mean we have to sit through the beginning 3 times.
Old 2014-04-21, 19:45   Link #454
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I agree, F/SN cannot be done in a way that will do justice to everyone because routes are simply that much different and they cannot focus on everyone equally ( why Sakura fans hate 2006 anime so much? Because of DEEN 'solution' to her problem, but to be fair to DEEN her situation is so complicated and her route so different that they had to do it like that. Aldo they could execute that better like they did in manga version, but that is in the past now ).
The problem with the original anime is that the Sakura segment was a really awful rip-off of the HF ending with no redeeming features. It had basically zero character development for Sakura (she was brainwashed the whole time), had none of the awesomeness of the ending of HF and, worst of all, it was blatantly just used as meaningless filler rather than any attempt to actually resolve Sakura's situation.

They made no effort whatsoever to integrate it with the rest of the story, it happened and then they wiped Sakura's mind so she wouldn't remember it and went right back to the Fate storyline. Zouken is never dealt with, the fact that Rin and Sakura are sisters is not even mentioned after that arc and the ending isn't changed from the original Fate ending one bit to acknowledge the Rin/Sakura stuff.

Quote:
So it is my opinion that they will try sort-of new route with situations from all 3 routes ( to resolve everyone's issues equally ) because that is the only way to satisfy everyone without making 2 or different anime. But at least they asked Nasu for advice how to do it now so I am pretty much certain that it will go well. But I doubt that everyone will like it, just like not everyone liked 2006 version.
I suspect they will at least use one of the original routes as a base. It's too much effort to write an entire story from scratch. I suspect they will change it substantially, though, because they don't want to do what Deen did and just shove the Sakura and Archer stuff in without fitting it to the story as a whole.

Quote:
For myself: I just want to see Avalon scene from extended ending in the end and I will be at peace when it comes to F/SN.
I think that's unlikely without it being a straight Fate adaptation. That ending is extremely Saber-centric.
Old 2014-04-22, 04:46   Link #455
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I think that's unlikely without it being a straight Fate adaptation. That ending is extremely Saber-centric.
Well this is Fate and at the end of each route Shirou ended up with a girl, and I highly doubt that they will leave an open ending ( or even not include a romance at all ).
And out of all love stories I liked Saber and Shirou one the best because it was so tragic in the end, so I hope they wil ldo it properly this time with Avalon scene at the end.
Old 2014-04-22, 08:37   Link #456
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Well this is Fate and at the end of each route Shirou ended up with a girl, and I highly doubt that they will leave an open ending ( or even not include a romance at all ).
And out of all love stories I liked Saber and Shirou one the best because it was so tragic in the end, so I hope they wil ldo it properly this time with Avalon scene at the end.
Erm, who says it is Fate? We have no information on which route it will follow.

But, honestly, I would rather they not make the ending so Saber-centric. There are other characters as well, you know, they shouldn't all just be ignored so that Saber can get her happy ending.
Old 2014-04-22, 09:13   Link #457
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
they can always do omnibus /reset, which is almost the equivalent of doing many season anyway (see higurashi or yosuga no sora).
It was already confirmed that the new anime will follow just simple linear storyline.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 11:48   Link #458
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Erm, who says it is Fate? We have no information on which route it will follow.
Fate as in Fate/Stay Night, game - not route. ( I often call entire Fate Universe simply - Fate. It's shorter and more practical )

Quote:
But, honestly, I would rather they not make the ending so Saber-centric. There are other characters as well, you know, they shouldn't all just be ignored so that Saber can get her happy ending.
Others will get their spotlight, they said that themselves. And why should Saber be devoted of her happy ending if everyone else will get their happy ending as well?
Besides, the popularity of her character lies in her tragic. To not exploit that would be quite stupid ( especially since fans last time protested until they got extended ending in Realta Nua ). I expect them to add this to the end of the story to really resolve her part of the story.
Old 2014-04-22, 12:57   Link #459
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Fate as in Fate/Stay Night, game - not route. ( I often call entire Fate Universe simply - Fate. It's shorter and more practical )
Oh, right, OK.

Yeah, that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do in general, but in this context it was a little misleading.

Quote:
Others will get their spotlight, they said that themselves. And why should Saber be devoted of her happy ending if everyone else will get their happy ending as well?
Well, the thing is that the Realta Nua ending is not really overly happy for anyone else. Sakura, Rin etc. are entirely ignored in it, and the fact that Shirou spends most of his life trying to be a hero kind-of implies they aren't heavily-involved in it.

Quote:
Besides, the popularity of her character lies in her tragic. To not exploit that would be quite stupid ( especially since fans last time protested until they got extended ending in Realta Nua ). I expect them to add this to the end of the story to really resolve her part of the story.
Surely if her tragedy is what makes her popular, then removing that tragedy by changing the ending means she loses that (the RN ending is a little different because you do at least have to wait for it).
Old 2014-04-22, 13:17   Link #460
EvI

you see i believe that at the end of the ROUTE fate shirou after sometime after the holy grail war would still end up with rin or at least go with her to england as her disciple(and friend) for sometime and start working for mages until he start the superhero thing...after a life of battles he dies and meet saber in avalon there is your "forever happy" ending...about sakura, well she is better off dead, anyway she is just trouble for everyone (ok, at least bring the thing that she and rin are sisters and give her some love...), i'm concerned about ilya and all but hell there is just too many girls for protagonist in this story...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable