AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-15, 13:16   Link #441
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing more of her !
Play the game.

Quote:
I was also surprised that Beatrix looking for Alpha went nowhere. Alpha didn't even seem aware of her at all

I have to remind everyone that those 20 episodes only covered 2 volumes. For many series this is still an introduction.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2023-02-15 at 13:27.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 14:04   Link #442
Edgardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The only thing I'll complain about is how stupid the fight looked as they danced on top of carriages and in-between peoples while stuff exploding around them, but the people hardly react or do anything(basically just stills).
They are supposed to be moving too fast for them. They just can't react fast enough.
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 15:15   Link #443
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
They are supposed to be moving too fast for them. They just can't react fast enough.
I am not convinced this is the case. Sure, this is a thing in this series, but it wasn't accurately represented in this episode. Whether because it took too long, cost too much to accurately produce, or whatever

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 16:01   Link #444
grecefar

epic battle and all that, and that was the coolest shadow act since the beginning but I'm still bias towards mundane mann, simple was better... I'm going to miss him.

iris sure does dislike shadows, she is going to be sad if alexia joins shadow garden like rose (I'm happy she joined).

8/10. It was fun.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 16:23   Link #445
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I was kind of surprised Rose wasn't trying to hunt him down. Or no one in Shadow Garden caught him.

I was also surprised that Beatrix looking for Alpha went nowhere. Alpha didn't even seem aware of her at all.
Yeah that aspect didn't make any sense. But I guess he didn't actively try to oppose Shadow, but that hasn't stopped SG before now.

Alpha didn't seem to care, but then again, Alpha might not be her real name. Even if she did noticed Beatrix, given the events with Rose at the end, I suppose they strip themselves of all whom they were before, to do Shadow's "bidding"(i.e. doing their own thing thinking its what Shadow wants, but we know otherwise ), so she would just ignore her and say she's Alpha of SG, she has no sisters, etc..

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 17:06   Link #446
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah that aspect didn't make any sense. But I guess he didn't actively try to oppose Shadow, but that hasn't stopped SG before now.

Alpha didn't seem to care, but then again, Alpha might not be her real name. Even if she did noticed Beatrix, given the events with Rose at the end, I suppose they strip themselves of all whom they were before, to do Shadow's "bidding"(i.e. doing their own thing thinking its what Shadow wants, but we know otherwise ), so she would just ignore her and say she's Alpha of SG, she has no sisters, etc..
Also seems like they reject all clothes that isn't the slimesuits, although given the slimesuits can become anything is probably convenient .

(Still debatable how many of them actually wear underwear...)
Old 2023-02-15, 18:11   Link #447
LG-MAX 2.o

Season 2 reference? TV exclusive

Spoiler for vol 3:
Old 2023-02-15, 19:17   Link #448
Frontier

Apparently 666 was in the first episode with her new haircut the whole time .
Old 2023-02-15, 19:20   Link #449
LG-MAX 2.o

yeah

Old 2023-02-15, 20:03   Link #450
patnam

On February 22, Kadokawa will have a live stream for celebrating the end of the anime… with the “important announcement!”

Link: https://www.youtube.com/live/_gyjTgQoibU?feature=share
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 20:51   Link #451
LG-MAX 2.o

Second season? RIDICULOUS!

It's definitely a crowbar-chan figure.

Manga artist suport it: https://twitter.com/sakano_a/status/1625894030159794176

Spoiler for Delta found Cid.:

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2023-02-15 at 23:30.
Old 2023-02-16, 00:33   Link #452
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Still baffles me that they can't recognize Shadow even when they get up close as their swords lock together. I don't care about the other media, they could have inserted any excuse in the anime like their slime suits having a spell that inhibits recognition or something. It's just stupid that Iris or Beatrix or anyone else wouldn't recognize that face of his when they've been close to him earlier.

And of course they walk and stand on water. Like magic. Using magic. What's the limit on the magic then? You have weaksauce students then you have Atomic magic. As long as it serves its purpose I guess, fuck logic on magic, or having any guidelines on the strength of it.

The dragon thing and the founding of that base was in the mobile game. It was when the girls left Cid's side when they were young. But apparently their base was just close to the Kagenou territory. And even though the seven left him, they actually had help from him to take down that dragon so they could establish the base in there.
And the mobile game continues its weekly banners with such low gem income just to squeeze more money. It's probably gonna go on a bit more to release all the seven in their normal forms as this week's banner is Gamma now.

Only thing good in this was the visuals and the girls. Cid is one of the worst protagonists out there. No struggle, no hardships to overcome. No growth in the process of overcoming said hardships. Comparing him to the earlier episodes and he's still just the same character then. Why should I root for him when he's always bored and just overpowers things easily. It's even stupid to consider his mundane worries as a mob as hardships. He's just fooling around with it just to satisfy himself. Also, he wants to be a mastermind in the shadow but his ultimate skill is so flashy. It's not ironic it's moronic. We never knew what his methods entail to reach his goal or what that goal even means. And he's not even working towards it since he wants to be the best background character. And it's not even funny when he fails. It's suppose to be a comedy but it didn't feel like it. The serious background and setting is just being brushed off since apparently, Cid is delusional that they don't exist and everyone is just playing along with his LARPing. How can we take what he does seriously if apparently he doesn't take things seriously as well. And anything he does is so tantalizing to women. Because of course he does. He's the main character.

Seriously overhyped show that's just all flash to cover up its flimsiness. At least it's over now and didn't even make the standard 24-26 episodes for a 2-cour show. You call it stopping at a good place, I call it not enough content to flesh out more stuff to cover those episodes.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 00:46   Link #453
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Still baffles me that they can't recognize Shadow even when they get up close as their swords lock together. I don't care about the other media, they could have inserted any excuse in the anime like their slime suits having a spell that inhibits recognition or something. It's just stupid that Iris or Beatrix or anyone else wouldn't recognize that face of his when they've been close to him earlier.

And of course they walk and stand on water. Like magic. Using magic. What's the limit on the magic then? You have weaksauce students then you have Atomic magic. As long as it serves its purpose I guess, fuck logic on magic, or having any guidelines on the strength of it.

The dragon thing and the founding of that base was in the mobile game. It was when the girls left Cid's side when they were young. But apparently their base was just close to the Kagenou territory. And even though the seven left him, they actually had help from him to take down that dragon so they could establish the base in there.
And the mobile game continues its weekly banners with such low gem income just to squeeze more money. It's probably gonna go on a bit more to release all the seven in their normal forms as this week's banner is Gamma now.

Only thing good in this was the visuals and the girls. Cid is one of the worst protagonists out there. No struggle, no hardships to overcome. No growth in the process of overcoming said hardships. Comparing him to the earlier episodes and he's still just the same character then. Why should I root for him when he's always bored and just overpowers things easily. It's even stupid to consider his mundane worries as a mob as hardships. He's just fooling around with it just to satisfy himself. Also, he wants to be a mastermind in the shadow but his ultimate skill is so flashy. It's not ironic it's moronic. We never knew what his methods entail to reach his goal or what that goal even means. And he's not even working towards it since he wants to be the best background character. And it's not even funny when he fails. It's suppose to be a comedy but it didn't feel like it. The serious background and setting is just being brushed off since apparently, Cid is delusional that they don't exist and everyone is just playing along with his LARPing. How can we take what he does seriously if apparently he doesn't take things seriously as well. And anything he does is so tantalizing to women. Because of course he does. He's the main character.

Seriously overhyped show that's just all flash to cover up its flimsiness. At least it's over now and didn't even make the standard 24-26 episodes for a 2-cour show. You call it stopping at a good place, I call it not enough content to flesh out more stuff to cover those episodes.
As someone who grew up with how secret identities work in DC Comics, it just felt like old hat to me .

Honestly I feel like Cid was the best part, just because of how much he committed to Chuuni-eing his way through the plot whether he understood it or not and how that effected everything around him, and how he was having the time of his life and enjoying himself to the fullest. I can respect that and felt it made him kind of relateable .

They pretty much adapted the first two volumes from what I've heard, so I think they did have enough content.
Old 2023-02-16, 01:03   Link #454
Alchemist007
*Author

Cid's silliness was the fun part of this show.

7/10
Old 2023-02-16, 04:24   Link #455
ryllharu

Quote:
The series has implied that the Midgar Kingdom is extremely strong relative to neighboring countries because they have so many people well versed as Dark Knights using a relatively new and specialized magical swordfighting art. The one that Iris excels at and Alexia is bad at (and she in turn fights more like Cid-as-Shadow does).

The common people in other countries don't compare to Midgar's. Magic is very common in Midgar and most people can use it. But they are reliant on it to a fault, which was why the Academy raid with the magic draining artifact was such a problem.

The powerscaling is a little skewed because the main story is between Shadow Garden and the Cult, who are drastically more powerful than that, much to Iris' frustration and fury.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 08:46   Link #456
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
he was having the time of his life and enjoying himself to the fullest. I can respect that and felt it made him kind of relateable .
perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

some people idolize characters who want to be king of the pirates and then find out they were predestined, others like protagonists who love to make emotional speeches to change the silly villain and then end the fight with a punch, etc.

Cid is someone who lives his dream to the fullest without all that silly shounen cliché. He's dedicated himself to it and sends a big middle finger to the people around him, he's complex and controversial because of it.
Old 2023-02-16, 09:57   Link #457
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Iris causes massive destruction on the kingdom

Iris: Why Shadow would do this?
Old 2023-02-16, 10:35   Link #458
Magewolf

Quote:

You have to accept that Cid's real superpower is being completely and utterly insane. Everything else flows from that. And you need to keep an eye on all the "serious" background as well because I do not think Cid is the only one playing out a story.

But to be fair I still think I would have liked the show the first episode set up better than what we got so it is far from perfect.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 11:08   Link #459
Tenzen12

Irc in novel he wear mask. I don't have clue why would anime go full Holywood on him.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-02-16 at 11:21.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 11:22   Link #460
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Iris causes massive destruction on the kingdom

Iris: Why Shadow would do this?
Yeah, like...most of that only happened because Beatrix and Iris fought him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Irc in novel he wear mask. I don't have clue why would anime go full Marvel on him.
To better show off his face and eyes ?

Tags
harem