Notices

Old 2017-05-31, 18:32   Link #441
Joshua Joestar
Ripple Grand Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 998185 View Post
Partial Character Guide:
Not meant to be comprehensive, but this should be most of the named characters.

Main characters from story or manga:
Kisshouin Reika - the main character reborn (?) into an evil ojousan in a manga
Kaburagi Masaya - the main love interest in the manga
Enjou Shuusuke - Kaburagi's best friend
Takamichi Wakaba - main character in the manga
Mizusaki Arima - student council prez and "stalking horse"

Reika's posse:
Haginokouji Fuyuko - Pivoine member into the occult
Kazami Serika
Imamura Kikuno
Oomiya Ayame
Shirasagi Lune

Other Reika friends:
Satomi Yukinari - class rep with Reika in high school year 1 and 3
Akizawa Takumi - friend since supplementary classes in elementary school
Fukioka Sakurako - burikko best friend who's into her childhood friend, Takumi
Yorino Aoi - friend from supplementary classes during junior high

The Maidens' group:
Iinchou (class rep) - needs a name before the story ends
Iwamuro Takashi - likes to cross dress
Honda Miharu
Nonose Maho

Friends from supplementary classes in high school:
Umewaka Asuka - dog (Beatrice) lover
Moriyama - used to be into Umewaka
Kitazawa
Sakaki

Antagonists:
Tsuruhana Maki - leader of girls who attempted uprisings vs. Reika
Maihama Emma - girl who repeatedly clashed with Reika over Kaburagi
Azumi - soccer team captain
Katsuragi Haruki - bird brain
Uryuu Yuiko - Enjou's fiancé (?)

classmates:
Tagaki - dude living in perpetual fear of Reika since entering high school
Bouda - class rep with Reika in junior high year 3
Ikoma - girl who vandalized Wakaba's belongings due revering to Reika too much
Nouzen Salala - book-lover pivoine member
Mochida - girl picked on by Tsuruhana's group and helped by Reika
Deet - afro violinist

Younger folks:
Enjou Yukino - Enjou's younger brother of weak constitution
Sawarabi Mao - pivoine member Reika photographed ringing the bell at the summer party
Yuuri - Mao's boyfriend
Kotou Ririna - Reika's strong-willed younger cousin
Saika Tsugumi - Ririna's KGB agent
Minami Raita - handicraft club member into Ririna
Takamichi Kanta - Wakaba's younger brother who cooks for Reika

Older folks:
Kisshouin Takateru - Reika's older brother
Momozono Imari - playboy best friend of Takateru
Suzushino Yurie - Kaburagi's first love
Minazuki Aira - Yurie's best friend
Tomoe Senju - student council prez 2 years ahead of Reika and her 1st love
Fukakusa Kasumi - Tomoe's girlfriend
Okishima Youko - head of the pivoine 1 year ahead of Reika
Narutomi Akemi - Reika's cooking teacher who she met at diet sessions
Inokura Haruto - Mao's uncle who took Reika out to eat often and her 2nd love (infatuation)
Naru-kun - lookalike to a cousin in Reika's past life
Thanks ma mate
Old 2017-06-01, 07:59   Link #442
Pianonomocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I wonder what's up with the tanuki? I'd be surprised if he was here because he was lonely. Has something happened at work? Has something happened with his wife / Reika's mother? Something else?

PS We're closing in on chapter 300. I wonder if something particularly interesting will happen...

Probably to invite her for lunch, have a heart warming talk and then BAM... broke a horrible, horrible news to her!

Just kidding. That's not how the author roll
Pianonomocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 08:33   Link #443
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianonomocha View Post
Probably to invite her for lunch, have a heart warming talk and then BAM... broke a horrible, horrible news to her!

Just kidding. That's not how the author roll
Though if the tanuki doesn't say much and Reika thinks that something has (finally) gone wrong with the company then she would probably be panicking on the inside.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 18:38   Link #444
Pianonomocha

Quote:
Though if the tanuki doesn't say much and Reika thinks that something has (finally) gone wrong with the company then she would probably be panicking on the inside.
Oh my gosh! The horrible thing that I'm thinking about is her engagement but you've just remind me the worst.

I wonder if Ririna's family would be affected.
Old 2017-06-02, 04:23   Link #445
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Oh my gosh! The horrible thing that I'm thinking about is her engagement but you've just remind me the worst.

I wonder if Ririna's family would be affected.
I don't mean that something disastrous has actually happened. Just that Reika would likely fear the possibility if the tanuki keeps quiet for too long about the specifics. It would be very much in-character for her to fear the worst.

It's possible that the tanuki has made a mistake that cost the company some money but that in the greater scheme of things it's actually trivial and he's simply over-reacting. Reika has been dripping fear into him for so many years that maybe he's become hyper-sensitive
Old 2017-06-02, 05:37   Link #446
Pianonomocha

Quote:
I don't mean that something disastrous has actually happened. Just that Reika would likely fear the possibility if the tanuki keeps quiet for too long about the specifics. It would be very much in-character for her to fear the worst.

It's possible that the tanuki has made a mistake that cost the company some money but that in the greater scheme of things it's actually trivial and he's simply over-reacting. Reika has been dripping fear into him for so many years that maybe he's become hyper-sensitive
But it still happened in kimidol so her 'would be' fear is understandable. Tanuki showing up himself when she usually drives herself and greets them home is unusual already. Ugh, Tanuki, what have you done to us? Now I understand how Reika feel when she saw him.
Old 2017-06-02, 07:00   Link #447
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
But it still happened in kimidol so her 'would be' fear is understandable. Tanuki showing up himself when she usually drives herself and greets them home is unusual already. Ugh, Tanuki, what have you done to us? Now I understand how Reika feel when she saw him.
That's why I said it would be in-character for her. She has worried about the financial ruin of their family very regularly and has shown a tendency to assume the worst - although she hopes it doesn't happen she seems to be somewhat expecting it.

So I thought it would be somewhat amusing if Reika's past efforts to make the tanuki more careful had in fact resulted in him over-reacting to a small mistake, then leading Reika to fear something huge has gone wrong (until she finds out the details). ie Reika fears financial ruin so works to instil fear into the tanuki, which makes tanuki paranoid, and one day tanuki made a mistake and is depressed about it, and seeing him like this makes Reika assume the worst.... when in fact it's only something minor. I can just imagine Reika reacting when she realises that her own efforts resulted in this misunderstanding. Maybe she'll be a bit nicer to the tanuki

On a different note: the department that Reika would ideally like to join at university is the same one that onii-sama went to and also the one Tomoe-senpai is in. I don't believe she ever mentioned what type of department it was but... wanna bet that it would be the type that Kaburagi (and Enjou) would be likely to join?
Old 2017-06-04, 19:40   Link #448

291 is up

Spoiler for 291:
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 08:05   Link #449
kari-no-sugata II

Hmm, so the tanuki wasn't depressed about something - seems we misinterpreted that. He just wanted to show off his new suit to his daughter and had come to pick her up for that (and buy her some stuff at the same time). I can understand Reika being irritated with his attitude - he was definitely going too far. Then Reika accidentally goes too far herself and says she'd be bored if she went on the family trip since onii-sama isn't going due to work and the tanuki shuts himself in his study (and Reika tries to tempt him out with food). Really, this father/daughter pair...

Heh, Kaburagi sent Reika a message saying "don't run away" (he knows her well). So, the gym they're going to is a luxury one attached to a hotel that can be privately booked (ie there's nobody else there). Sure sounds luxurious. And Kaburagi even brought Reika some nice souvenirs from New York, surprising her greatly (though I wouldn't be surprised if he is testing them on Reika and plans to give the same to Wakaba). Reika goes into a mild panic because she didn't buy a souvenir for Kaburagi from Hokkaido when he got something from her (ie looks bad for appearances sake) and she's pretty sure he'll find out she went on a trip. So she phones home to get them to send her over melons.

Hoping to see some fan art of Reika in her pink sportswear....
Old 2017-06-05, 11:55   Link #450
Pianonomocha

Quote:
Hmm, so the tanuki wasn't depressed about something - seems we misinterpreted that. He just wanted to show off his new suit to his daughter and had come to pick her up for that (and buy her some stuff at the same time). I can understand Reika being irritated with his attitude - he was definitely going too far. Then Reika accidentally goes too far herself and says she'd be bored if she went on the family trip since onii-sama isn't going due to work and the tanuki shuts himself in his study (and Reika tries to tempt him out with food). Really, this father/daughter pair...

Heh, Kaburagi sent Reika a message saying "don't run away" (he knows her well). So, the gym they're going to is a luxury one attached to a hotel that can be privately booked (ie there's nobody else there). Sure sounds luxurious. And Kaburagi even brought Reika some nice souvenirs from New York, surprising her greatly (though I wouldn't be surprised if he is testing them on Reika and plans to give the same to Wakaba). Reika goes into a mild panic because she didn't buy a souvenir for Kaburagi from Hokkaido when he got something from her (ie looks bad for appearances sake) and she's pretty sure he'll find out she went on a trip. So she phones home to get them to send her over melons.

I already said that's not how the author rolls. That person love sto smash every flags. I just got carried away by the 'company ruin'.

I like Tanuki, he is such a doting father. I don't him to be hated by Reika.

I would also hope that the other two would get a sportswear fanart
Old 2017-06-05, 14:22   Link #451

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he is testing them on Reika and plans to give the same to Wakaba
More likely that he bought a lot of stuff for Wakaba before finding what was best, and giving Reika items from the reject pile.

No way to know for sure unless we get a Kaburagi POV chapter (fat chance), or he blurts it out while discussing what he got for Wakaba.

Quote:
I like Tanuki, he is such a doting father. I don't him to be hated by Reika.
She doesn't hate him, she's usually tsundere towards him. In this case, he deserved his comeuppance. She usually doesn't slam him as hard or as soon after he exaggerates/outright lies about their relationship, but gets him back slightly later with a sarcastic gift. She seems to like those. Remember the Napoleon cherries for Kaburagi?
Old 2017-06-06, 09:23   Link #452
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 998185 View Post
More likely that he bought a lot of stuff for Wakaba before finding what was best, and giving Reika items from the reject pile.

No way to know for sure unless we get a Kaburagi POV chapter (fat chance), or he blurts it out while discussing what he got for Wakaba.
Hmm, I don't think it would take a Kaburagi POV chapter to confirm it. But, I guess if Kaburagi was going to ask for Reika's opinion on what presents to give to Wakaba he would have asked already. Though if Wakaba emails Reika about what she got from Kaburagi and it's the same as what Reika got then maybe Reika will suspect she was used as a reaction test.

Quote:
She doesn't hate him, she's usually tsundere towards him. In this case, he deserved his comeuppance. She usually doesn't slam him as hard or as soon after he exaggerates/outright lies about their relationship, but gets him back slightly later with a sarcastic gift. She seems to like those. Remember the Napoleon cherries for Kaburagi?
Heh, those totally not sarcastic cherries

But yeah, Reika is definitely tsundere towards him. She cares about him, but teases him too but there's times when she gets rather frustrated by his misunderstandings. In her own mind she was letting him get away with his lies in return for a new bag (and shoes) but he pushed it too far.
Old 2017-06-06, 11:23   Link #453
kari-no-sugata II

I wonder how long Reika will end up training with Kaburagi (and Enjou) for. There wouldn't be much point if it was just for a day or two. It might be interesting if this became a long term thing, particularly by the time the Athletics Festival comes around.

Naturally, I'm expecting Reika to be complaining a lot in the next chapter. I wonder just how hard Kaburagi will push her. Hopefully he's not dumb enough to force her to dangerous limits.
Old 2017-06-06, 12:25   Link #454
Pianonomocha

Quote:
I wonder how long Reika will end up training with Kaburagi (and Enjou) for. There wouldn't be much point if it was just for a day or two. It might be interesting if this became a long term thing, particularly by the time the Athletics Festival comes around.
Or that school festival where the handicraft club might make Reika wear that wedding gown to match her needle felt stuff wedding doll....

It's not that I'm expecting it...
Old 2017-06-06, 14:26   Link #455

Quote:
Hmm, I don't think it would take a Kaburagi POV chapter to confirm it. But, I guess if Kaburagi was going to ask for Reika's opinion on what presents to give to Wakaba he would have asked already. Though if Wakaba emails Reika about what she got from Kaburagi and it's the same as what Reika got then maybe Reika will suspect she was used as a reaction test.
The POV or Kaburagi blurting it out was only meant for confirmation on the gift being from Wakaba's reject bin.

As for the reaction test, he likely would have straight up asked her.

If Wakaba received something much nicer, we'll probably see Reika mildly miffed again (repeat of her reaction during the European trip).

If they received the same thing, that could mean a lot of different things.

Quote:
It might be interesting if this became a long term thing, particularly by the time the Athletics Festival comes around.

I wonder just how hard Kaburagi will push her. Hopefully he's not dumb enough to force her to dangerous limits.
Enjou's around, so Reika won't come close to dying; she'll just feel like she is, and they'll see how out of shape she is (like the first day she went running).

If they extend it to the early fall (athletic festival), that's a lot of time they'll be doing stuff together (study, fitness, dating tutorial). More rumors, innuendo, etc. Kaburagi's mom will know they're hanging out, at any rate.

Quote:
Or that school festival where the handicraft club might make Reika wear that wedding gown to match her needle felt stuff wedding doll....
The school festival's always sometime after the athletic festival. I'm more interested in who/what is matched with Reika's (tardy) wedding doll, since they're traditionally in pairs (wedding, duh). She's obviously not going to finish until the last minute, so it's doubtful that she'll make the groom doll. Note that the handicrafts club saw Kaburagi come pick her up earlier in the year, so if one of them makes it...
Old 2017-06-08, 06:34   Link #456
Toots

Quote:
Your wish has been granted: https://mobile.twitter.com/VVyrbV4BH...28042222485507
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 14:59   Link #457
Namorax

I kinda like imagining that the current relationship between Enjou, Reika and Kaburagi continues on exactly like this even when they're like 30-ish and the CEOs of their own companies:

-Kaburagi dragging Reika around to serve as a sounding board, travelling all over the world to check out "commoner places" and to act as his gopher
-Enjou is still Kaburagi's right hand and enjoys teasing Reika
-Reika still doesn't dare to go against Kaburagi for fear of her family being ruined and stuff, eating way too many things while travellin all over the place and having to go on a diet. In the meantime, everyone has a warped image of her being a successful powerwoman who can stand at Kaburagi's side out of her own merit (even though he just drags her around)
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 11:05   Link #458
Pianonomocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
I kinda like imagining that the current relationship between Enjou, Reika and Kaburagi continues on exactly like this even when they're like 30-ish and the CEOs of their own companies:

-Kaburagi dragging Reika around to serve as a sounding board, travelling all over the world to check out "commoner places" and to act as his gopher
-Reika still doesn't dare to go against Kaburagi for fear of her family being ruined and stuff, eating way too many things while travellin all over the place and having to go on a diet. In the meantime, everyone has a warped image of her being a successful powerwoman who can stand at Kaburagi's side out of her own merit (even though he just drags her around)
And bugging asking for Reika's advice on how to prevent an imminent divorce.

Yup, although they suit each other now, I don't doubt Wakaba would ask for it some day.
Old 2017-06-09, 12:32   Link #459

Quote:
And bugging asking for Reika's advice on how to prevent an imminent divorce.

Yup, although they suit each other now, I don't doubt Wakaba would ask for it some day.
Are they all that suited for each other now? Sure, Kaburagi lacks common sense and people skills, and Wakaba is a bit of an airhead. They're both genuinely nice people, even if Kaburagi's "unique" sense conflicts with his intent sometimes. She's even making lunch for him now, which is usually beyond "just friends"; who knows with Wakaba though, since she might just be thinking, I'm just making lunch for myself plus a little extra (same amount of work).

Kaburagi is also not showing all of himself to Wakaba, yet. Hence, the commoner trips, so that he doesn't screw up too badly in front of her. It means that he's really trying, but it also means that he's not completely himself, either. Wakaba seems a little dense in spots, so unknown if she notices; unlikely from her conversations with Reika.

If they get together like in the manga, they may still have issues. Even if Kaburagi's mom accepts it, it's not like the rest of the snooty high-society will (at least behind their backs), and Wakaba's shown a lack of baseline etiquette in that realm even after Reika's how-to-letter. Kaburagi himself is too dense to notice, and too direct in his dealings when he does. Some trouble going forward is inevitable. Reika would get dragged into it as you said, if that happens.
Old 2017-06-11, 06:48   Link #460
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post

It's fun to speculate about this but I'm sure there's scope for things to change quite a bit. After all, the relationship between Kaburagi and Reika has changed a lot in the last 12 years... and a lot of that has come in the more recent years. Reika still thinks of herself as a coward and while she can be a pushover at times she is becoming increasingly assertive. I think it's likely that Reika will eventually stop worrying about the possible imminent demise of her family fortunes, though how long that'll take is hard to say. Kaburagi has changed as well, partly due to Reika's influence.

I'm hoping for some further development and twists and turns even by the end of the current school year that could change things quite a bit. I have no idea if the series will continue beyond that, though it would be nice if we can get a reasonable idea about how the lives of the major characters would likely progress.

btw, somehow I can't quite see Reika as being the head of a company, or a large one at least. At least as she is now - she would be too easily influenced by others, I fear. She also has a tendency to be quite lazy and I'm not sure she would want such a stressful job. However, if she can cultivate her ojou-sama aura into something suitable for business and keep her mask up and basically become highly reliable then who knows what she could achieve. It would be nice to see her fully unlock her potential.