AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-01, 19:27   Link #441
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
IF there is a second season which i would wait on until confirmation It would end with volume 7.
It's just that it said in the end 'to be continued' it must be a hint of something more coming right?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 08:50   Link #442
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
It's just that it said in the end 'to be continued' it must be a hint of something more coming right?
you would think so

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 11:27   Link #443
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh, there’s a reply to my post? I totally forgot about it. I guess this series is pretty forgettable for me that I even forgot about this thread before it resurfaced again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
No, stop there.
It does proof only that you are stuck on the past, and rely heavily on what someone else think. That's phallacy.

One thing is comparing the works of this generation and then comparing it with other from the far past and call it a standard. That's just biased and unprofessional.
So I can’t rely on what someone else think? What logic is that? Even the genius Einstein relied on or use the science and physics formula that his predecessors invented as reference to make his own formula. So, me using the words of other critics and reviewers is not fallacy, it’s stating the source as well as giving proof that the older works that I mentioned were better-written and more entertaining than HxH. Disagree with me all you want, but don't accuse me of fallacy.

So, I’m biased and unprofessional to compare recent works with past works? Again, what logic is that? Good works of art are timeless and can always be used as comparison for future works. Look at Hollywood and the critics and audience. They still fondly remember how good the original Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Magnificent Seven are to the point that they’re trying to capture the same magic by rebooting/resurrecting those old titles for the millemium era. Good old works raised the standard for future works, it's simple logic. It has been that way in every civilization (and not just about art). So, it’s disheartening to see HxH can’t even be on the same level as the old works that I listed before in terms of writing (let alone surpass it).

Oh, and look at those bolded points which are blatant accusation that borderline on insulting . You know, it’s a clear sign of defeat whenever an arguer (like you) resort to attacking the personality of his opposing side (me) when he ran out of objective points to defend his argument. And even your non-accusation points are weak. Until you can give me a good reply that's not accusing, not insulting and not an attack against my persona, I won't bother to reply again after this. Until then, my job here is done .
Old 2017-01-03, 11:19   Link #444
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yeah no, it's an objective fact you use past series to compare to the current affair of the industry when the situation that caused the products to exist is vast and different.

If you take it as an insult it's your issue.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-03, 12:32   Link #445
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Yeah no, it's an objective fact you use past series to compare to the current affair of the industry when the situation that caused the products to exist is vast and different.

If you take it as an insult it's your issue.
No situation and industry are able to prevent someone from making good scripts, unless the authors/scriptwriters are theatened at (figurative or literal) gunpoint to make mediocre scripts. It certainly doesn't stop Araki, Ogura & Satou from making a highly entertaining ecchi-adventure with good execution in excess ridiculousness and grim story in Highschool of the Dead (that's quite recent enough for you?), which is a far cry from the humdrum mediocre harem action story that is HxH anime. To prove my point, this HxH series is already falling into oblivion whereas so many people keep on asking for more season of HOTD. Heck, I don't particularly like Asterisk & Rakudai, but even their writing & execution are better compared to HxH as fellow harem action.
Old 2017-01-03, 12:59   Link #446
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Heck, I don't particularly like Asterisk & Rakudai, but even their writing & execution are better compared to HxH as fellow harem action.
On that, I quite agree with you
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-03, 19:00   Link #447
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No situation and industry are able to prevent someone from making good scripts, unless the authors/scriptwriters are theatened at (figurative or literal) gunpoint to make mediocre scripts. It certainly doesn't stop Araki, Ogura & Satou from making a highly entertaining ecchi-adventure with good execution in excess ridiculousness and grim story in Highschool of the Dead (that's quite recent enough for you?), which is a far cry from the humdrum mediocre harem action story that is HxH anime. To prove my point, this HxH series is already falling into oblivion whereas so many people keep on asking for more season of HOTD. Heck, I don't particularly like Asterisk & Rakudai, but even their writing & execution are better compared to HxH as fellow harem action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
On that, I quite agree with you
just a fix if you are talking about rakudai no kishi then it's not a harem.
Old 2017-01-03, 19:13   Link #448
RDNexus

Yes, I know it's not a harem. I was talking in terms of plot, in comparison to HxH.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote